Resident Evil 4 Remake

2 minutes ago, Outonbail said:

There was just a recent update on RE4. And knowing Capcom that probably means all mods before the update might not work.

I updated the game and all the mods were working without any problems.

But the Ashley playable mod is crashing my game, and the same thing was happening to several people as I could read on nexusmods (before the page was hidden)

3 hours ago, QuackFluffy said:

As someone who's done a lot of modding and knows a lot of the modders in the RE scene, I'd like to quickly add my two cents:

• Modding takes an enormous amount of time. Making a single high-quality mod can take dozens of hours. It's fair if people think mods should be free (I agree that's the ideal and everything I've personally made is free), but many modders wouldn't be making mods if they weren't able to monetize them. You can compare the amount of mods for RE5 and RE6 to the quantity of mods that exists for RE2R and RE3R. The difference is enormous.
  • I've heard nothing about Capcom taking down mods on NexusMods. The game is only 1 week old while the demo is 3 weeks old, and that's the primary reason why there are so many Leon mods compared to Ashley and Ada. The mods being taken down from NexusMods are Patreon mods, and NexusMods does not allow mods uploaded without the creator's permission. Capcom has been taking down all kinds of Ashley mod videos on Youtube, however.
  • I don't see the reason to be upset why there are lewd Leon and Luis mods existing. There are people out there who wants to make them, and there are people who want to use those mods. There's a finite amount of modders and they naturally want to make the kinds of mods they prefer.

As I have repeated several times, there are easy games to model and others that are very difficult, such as this saga. That more depends on the engine where the game was made.
I can't find a valid excuse for the difficulty of a game to charge it or not. I am absolutely against paid mods since apart from taking advantage of an IP to generate money you are leaving modders in a bad way since mods have always been made for the love of art.

Besides, if you are going to charge for a mod, at least DO IT RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING, it is not possible for a nude mod that is worth half of what the game is worth to end up completely broken. That speaks volumes about the person who made the mod since he shows that he rushed it out to be able to charge faster instead of polishing it more before launching it. And don't come to me with the excuse that the game is difficult to modify since, for example, the Last Fatal Frame that came out was difficult to modify since a tool had to be made to divide meshes into different files and it went well from the beginning I don't need any subsequent update, on the other hand, this mod for the short time in which it was released already has 3 updates with actions like these, they leave video game modifications very badly.

As I also said before, the mods do not have DRM, so it cannot be avoided, well, official mod sites like NexusMods are concerned that nobody steals the mods, but in other sites they do not have to worry (perhaps the Can a modder sue because a mod he made from a Capcom IP was stolen?) If you don't want the mod pirated, hire Denuvo that prevented this game from being pirated on PC (although unfortunately for these usurers it does not cover mods) If this guy ShinyRose has to come to defend him, the creator of the RE Engine mod manager, he better look for another job and that's it.

4 hours ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

Just a remember for those pirating a busted version of the mod... you can get the updated working one from the creator who so kindly posted here and has done nothing to deserve people stealing their work.

I subbed to them since I like the body better than the other guys.

On 3/29/2023 at 3:27 PM, DORODERE said:

Possibly. The only thing they've been proven to be going after are the 3D model rips from the actual game. Which makes sense, as it's 100% their property there.

Good point!

On a related topic, since it's possible we can't use direct rips from the game, in watching the cutscenes several times I've noticed at certain angles Ashley strongly resembles a young Naomi Watts. Maybe I should gather a bunch of face shots from Naomi's pre-Mullholland Drive works and throw them on a public Imgur for science.

Use those as references to create an Ashley model from scratch, then give her bigger or smaller T&A, maybe make her a little taller, and hopefully that's enough to skate by Capcom's legal snares (I'm not a lawyer, so I have no idea...just riffin'/coping. This news has really bummed me out; I was looking forward to Ashley NSFW mods/animations using the game model...they made her so damn hot!).

Oh man, I've lost any hope I had. This thread turned into unreasonable opinions (from both sides) and only ONE Ashley mod (Plus it's paywall... Anyway, I respect the modder's decision).

Apparently we'll have to settle for playing with Ashley ultra fat version and Leon totally naked with his erect penis (I have nothing against these mods, but it's really sad that only these options exist as far as mods go...).

5 hours ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

And for those of you who don't know this person... The FluffyManager you use to load mods is their work. A manager that is offered free with the option to donate for those who hate "paywalling" mods. Besides donating... just want to give a personal thanks for making RE games much more fun to mod, as well as Monster Hunter and even the Street Fighter 6 beta... I look forward to using your manager with the full version of SF6 when it launches in June. Legend!

Fluffy Manager banned DrSlumpx's mods, so that's not a good example for modders with no agendas.

14 minutes ago, juanpiolavago said:

It worked for me!!

image.png.7a01f2e70228e6baeb42a4f2c8c2b210.png

That if I don't know how I can inject it into the Update PKG of Resident Evil 4 Remake since the RE-PAK has not been updated yet

1, tex - ps4 main pak patch - pkg update error 

2, retool dds to tex 2048x2048 test error