Resident Evil 4 Remake

49 minutes ago, Chocolatnave said:

I went ahead and asked Nexus why there were mods that were deleted, this is their side of the story. Take it how you will.

Screenshot_25.png

that response doesnt make sense at all. As the author of the ADA mod even said they put it up there. some of the paid mods maybe, but wow. The new age they broke some part of our policy here (link to policy that has 100s of sections.) Pure laziness and purposeful failure to be accountable.

Edited by Doomsqt
5 minutes ago, keylockk said:

so the mode name AG_Busty_Plus_Nude isnt working at all is there a video or something i have to do to made it work i have try to use Fluffy Mod Manager or copy all the files into the game where Ashleys files is nothing works 

Only if you have the DLC costumes :( I would like to know if there's a way to replace the files to make it work with the default costume.

i promise it doesnt look this bad in game i just took a quick screenshot the moment i got a chance lmao i found a mod of nude ashley but it only works on the casual dlc costume for her theres another with her in latex but thats for the romantic dlc costumeimage.jpeg.014f545eac3d2e3a2a99d40e14d191d2.jpeg

Just now, Yamiii said:

So the body is there but is missing textures on the default outfit option , at least for me

Everybody on nexus was struggling with the same thing, default option is a bit weird. For now use the romantic outfit until its fix *if they fix it*

On 3/26/2023 at 7:17 AM, ShinyRoseMods said:

Hello Everyone, if anyone is interested in my mod and supporting the many hours I had to troubleshoot this, I'd really appreciate it, anyway have a nice day.

ShinyRoseMods.png

Just a remember for those pirating a busted version of the mod... you can get the updated working one from the creator who so kindly posted here and has done nothing to deserve people stealing their work.

As someone who's done a lot of modding and knows a lot of the modders in the RE scene, I'd like to quickly add my two cents:

• Modding takes an enormous amount of time. Making a single high-quality mod can take dozens of hours. It's fair if people think mods should be free (I agree that's the ideal and everything I've personally made is free), but many modders wouldn't be making mods if they weren't able to monetize them. You can compare the amount of mods for RE5 and RE6 to the quantity of mods that exists for RE2R and RE3R. The difference is enormous.
  • I've heard nothing about Capcom taking down mods on NexusMods. The game is only 1 week old while the demo is 3 weeks old, and that's the primary reason why there are so many Leon mods compared to Ashley and Ada. The mods being taken down from NexusMods are Patreon mods, and NexusMods does not allow mods uploaded without the creator's permission. Capcom has been taking down all kinds of Ashley mod videos on Youtube, however.
  • I don't see the reason to be upset why there are lewd Leon and Luis mods existing. There are people out there who wants to make them, and there are people who want to use those mods. There's a finite amount of modders and they naturally want to make the kinds of mods they prefer.
Edited by QuackFluffy
Typo fix
4 minutes ago, QuackFluffy said:

As someone who's done a lot of modding and knows a lot of the modders in the RE scene, I'd like to quickly add my two cents:

• Modding takes an enormous amount of time. Making a single high-quality mod can take dozens of hours. It's fair if people think mods should be free (I agree that's the ideal and everything I've personally made is free), but many modders wouldn't be making mods if they weren't able to monetize them. You can compare the amount of mods for RE5 and RE6 to the quantity of mods that exists for RE2R and RE3R. The difference is enormous.
  • I've heard nothing about Capcom taking down mods on NexusMods. The game is only 1 week old while the demo is 3 weeks old, and that's the primary reason why there are so many Leon mods compared to Ashley and Ada. The mods being taken down from NexusMods are Patreon mods, and NexusMods does not allow mods uploaded without the creator's permission. Capcom has been taking down all kinds of Ashley mod videos on Youtube, however.
  • I don't see the reason to be upset why there are lewd Leon and Luis mods existing. There are people out there who wants to make them, and there are people who wants to use those mods. There's a finite amount of modders and they naturally want to make the kinds of mods they prefer.

And for those of you who don't know this person... The FluffyManager you use to load mods is their work. A manager that is offered free with the option to donate for those who hate "paywalling" mods. Besides donating... just want to give a personal thanks for making RE games much more fun to mod, as well as Monster Hunter and even the Street Fighter 6 beta... I look forward to using your manager with the full version of SF6 when it launches in June. Legend!

17 minutes ago, yt__love said:

Fyi i only downloaded the mod from nexus, so everyone, if shinyrose want me to delete it i can bc it isn't my mod and its better to support them cuz they worked hard for it

ShinyRose wouldn't want it re-uploaded anywhere.

Does this site have concrete guidelines regarding uploading mods created by other people?

2 minutes ago, QuackFluffy said:

ShinyRose wouldn't want it re-uploaded anywhere.

Does this site have concrete guidelines regarding uploading mods created by other people?

Moderators have warned about paid mods leaking from Patreon and are taken down at some point. Some make it through the cracks. I've seen over 50 pages of paid mods purged from the DD lewd mods topic because of it, but from my experience they are reported by users here and thus removed. 

More on topic now. After seeing that nexusmods response I'm more interested in the reason for the Playable Ada mod being removed. Has anyone actually heard from the mod author? We can theorize why it's taken down because of upcoming DLCs and Capcom cuckage, but from that response maybe the mod was also pirated. Anyway, the female mods will come with time. A lot of modders are still playing the game and with Separate Ways/Mercenaries on the way we also get the finishing touches of female animations/movesets and voices. I'm still waiting from Krauser's bow in NG personally.

Hey folks! never forget that we are talking about games, 
fun and pleasure! 
With all these stories of money, exploitation rights and censorship,
we are near of losing our soul as gamers!
Even Nexus is falling into the trap of taboos and puritanism!
where is the sweet time of Skyrim, Fallout and the first RE series?
Take a look out of curiosity at the latest mods published
in recent months on Nexus: the naughty glamor has disappeared
in favor of very wise and woke mods!
Skimpy modders still exist,
but they live with the fear of bashing and shaming
if they publish their works!
26 minutes ago, ShiroiKaze69 said:

I know it's just going to fall on deaf ears... because lets face it- you don't get to be ignorant because you're good at listening and comprehending what's actually being said to you.

Mods are NOT ILLEGAL. Just like youtube videos and twitch streams are NOT ILLEGAL. However if the owner of whatever you're modding/streaming/lets playing/ etc wants you to remove it- they can sick their lawyers on you. You can claim fair use... which I won't even bother to explain to an idiot that's not even paying attention... but can you afford a lawyer better than their's?

You shouldn't need a moral lesson to know that stealing is wrong... whatever mental gymnastics you gotta do to convince yourself you're not a pirate- I don't care. Thieves go to jail for a reason. What's even wilder is you're stealing a mod right in front of the face of the person that made it... any normal person can see that's just dirty and wrong.

ShinyRose did out the people who stole the mod from their Patreon btw- so yes they have been blamed and shamed. You guys want to demoralize and deter a talented modder from making more content in the future- free or for pay... you did it! good fucking job.

Just let the mod authors decide what they want to do with the leaks and pirates, and respect their decision. If they really want the mods and links taken down, they'll get in touch with the mods or admins. In the first place, if you have plans on monetizing anything on the internet you have to be prepared for it to leak at some point. If you quit just because it happens, then you should get an actual job instead.

And for the love of god stop gunking the thread with your incessant whining. I'd be more sympathetic if it was your mods that were pirated, but they aren't. Those that got their mods leaked have already taken action. It's unfair, but life is unfair too. Learn to deal with it and get over it.

Seriously, where are the mods? Please, just purge this thread of all the off topic discussion. I come back every time seeing notifications only to see this argument happen for the nth time in the same thread.

I'm just waiting for the ban hammer to fall on this thread.  Few years ago this is exactly what happened to RE2 or 3thread.  paywall mods got posted, thread came down. 

I know we're all excited, BUT use some basic caution and subtly.  Some people can afford to buy, and some can't.

Lets just start by posting pic's and information on the cutting edge modders and their paywall, then MAYBE with a bit of guile and pm's some shadowed help can be provided for those who can't.  The people in this thread are gonna get everything nuked if this continues.