Nude Mod Request: Fatal Frame IV - Mask of the Lunar Eclipse [Remake]

Take it easy Jupisoft, game isn't going anywhere. I too am patiently waiting for your remaster mod, and if you have time even 4x (I have the vram to spare :D)

Also regarding grain removal from steam, it works as intended.

If you think everything is too blury for example some doors and walls, its because of upscaled wii assets which likely need to be redesigned.

13 minutes ago, kazusa touma said:

Take it easy Jupisoft, game isn't going anywhere. I too am patiently waiting for your remaster mod, and if you have time even 4x (I have the vram to spare :D)

Also regarding grain removal from steam, it works as intended.

If you think everything is too blury for example some doors and walls, its because of upscaled wii assets which likely need to be redesigned.

Thanks a lot but I finally tested the new tool and to my surprise it worked on the first try without a single error, so here it is a first test at 2x, if anyone has a few minutes to test the model and confirm to me it looks good, then I'll just click on my automatic code which in a few hours should have the full pack at least for FF4 ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v1ersmfks1yx9k6/H_MAD_A.gmpk/file

H_MAD_A.gmpk

1 hour ago, Jupisoft said:

Thanks a lot but I finally tested the new tool and to my surprise it worked on the first try without a single error, so here it is a first test at 2x, if anyone has a few minutes to test the model and confirm to me it looks good, then I'll just click on my automatic code which in a few hours should have the full pack at least for FF4 ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v1ersmfks1yx9k6/H_MAD_A.gmpk/file

H_MAD_A.gmpk 68.13 MB · 14 downloads

Would be happy to help, may I know what has been improved and what I'm looking to compare against to test it?

Hello again and thanks a lot to @VitaSmith for the immediate update of Gust Tools (https://github.com/VitaSmith/gust_tools/releases/tag/v1.53), because now his GMPK tool can unpack the file from Fatal Frame 4 called "I_SVP_B.gmpk", which it seems that only contained a G1M file but no G1T file inside as expected. So I just updated and fully finished my collection of previews of all the models, which now has simpler names (easier to read than before) and even includes the models for Fatal Frame 5 too as a bonus. But that's not all since I've finished decoding all the "FMSG"  text files from English (included with the previews) and made 2 full and detailed lists with the names, types, descriptions, etc for all the models for both games in an easy to read pattern, so use that along the preview pictures to quickly find the models you wish to mod ?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iiywnqpzp639g1l/Fatal+Frame+4+&+5+Model+Previews+and+Descriptions+by+Jupisoft+[Definitive+Pack].zip/file

Since no one commented about if my 2x test model worked well or not, I'm gonna assume it does and convert all the 50+ GB at once... LOL

But don't worry since I'll split the 2x remaster into smaller and modular parts. And if it works as expected then I'll start making a 4x if you are really interested in it, but in FF5 the textures couldn't be bigger than 4096 x 4096, so I would assume this game does the same, but I haven't checked yet, but if that's the case, then a few textures, specially for humans might not be scalated as one would wish sadly.

Fatal Frame 4 FMSG Text Files by Jupisoft.zip Fatal Frame 4 Model Descriptions by Jupisoft.txt Fatal Frame 5 Model Descriptions by Jupisoft.txt 219360895_FatalFrame45ModelPreviewsandDescriptionsbyJupisoftDefinitivePack.zip

9 minutes ago, kazusa touma said:

Would be happy to help, may I know what has been improved and what I'm looking to compare against to test it?

Yes, just make a backup of your "H_MAD_A.gmpk" inside "...\binary\character\H_MAD_A\H_MAD_A.gmpk" and then put my mod there and then just start a new game or so to test the prologue and see if the girl works well or not, specially her eyes, because before they looked white when hit by light from the flashlight or so. Thanks a lot in advance ?

H_MAD_A.gmpk

Edited by Jupisoft

10 hours ago, Jupisoft said:

Actual important stuff.

Thanks a lot! Wonder why they named Ayako "G_EJK_A", and also in 2 subtle versions. Now I can terrorize other ghosts with this little gremlin, albeit with some expected minor deformities (eyeballs popping out, no feet, etc.). Going to try out the super saiyan ghost (G_EOT) next.

Spoiler

6454774.png

Did more fun swapping, although some doesn't  function well with the snap mode. For those who don't know yet, you could swap models in real time while the game is running. Just do your file edits (C&P, delete the original files, and renaming them accordingly), then reload a save. The next appropriate models will be loaded into the RAM. All this can be done while the game is running, no need to do restarts.

Spoiler

67587.png.f7c114037636391f74f9ef6367fc5a37.png

Spoiler

5435.png.09166c1367d1ec24cddc55f42164314d.png

Spoiler

546567.png.b91bdef1237f82a782ade2a3c3ca03b0.png

Edited by OiNGO.BOiNGO
1 hour ago, kazusa touma said:

Here is a quick test of madoka from the prologue, I wonder if I need a higher resolution to see a bigger difference?

Based on the subtle differences in the hair texture it indeed does appear to be working

image.thumb.png.22fa9e458511482de31e65092c699e55.png

Thanks, it seems to work fine. It might seem a bit less noticeable since I set most options to zero aside from the 2x size to prevent the previous bug of too sharp edges, which would ruin the normals and light maps too. But this versions for the first time also remaster those ? In a few minutes/hours I'll post the links for all the Ghosts, Humans, Items and Records to 2x. the stages perhaps the next day...

Edit: the first part worked to reconvert all PNG to DDS without a single error, so in a few minutes you'll have the first parts of the remaster ?

Edited by Jupisoft
1 minute ago, OiNGO.BOiNGO said:

Is there a fix for the horribly low fps cloth physics? Very clearly seen especially on environment objects (door-way cloth covers, curtains etc.) and on costumes (Misaki's dancer swimsuit, Chinese dresses, etc.)

Not that I'm aware of, but if it has to do with meshes and the G1M files, then perhaps someone who knows a lot about those formats might be able to help, like @amorrow28 (although he made his tools for another game, but very kindly updated them for us to mod the meshes of Fatal Frame 5 and now 4), or Joschuka (Joschuka (Dimy) (github.com)) from the Project G1M plugin for Noesis might be able to help, so you might try to ask them kindly if you want, but remember that @amorrow28 didn't make his tools just for Fatal Frame, so don't expect a full support so to speak, but more occasional fixes to allow us to keep modding the game ?

Finally, the day has come, here is almost the full remaster at 2x of the full game except the stages, you can install only the parts you like, but always make backups first:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m4i1xr0gakdy94x/Fatal+Frame+4+Ghosts+Remaster+2x+by+Jupisoft+[1+of+5].zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nasoeavx3kzx58b/Fatal+Frame+4+Humans+Remaster+2x+by+Jupisoft+[2+of+5].zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ezccgo7awwwz6sm/Fatal+Frame+4+Items+Remaster+2x+by+Jupisoft+[3+of+5].zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hdmij1cjfn8ckdm/Fatal+Frame+4+Records+Remaster+2x+by+Jupisoft+[4+of+5].zip/file

*** Part 5 coming very soon... ***

Soon I'll also add the last part. Please let me know if it works as expected or if it crashes the game at some point. But not that it might need a lot of VRAM available. Sadly i did the pack, but I haven't even tested the game yet, only loaded 2 maps quickly and the game was at 5 FPS or so. So until I manage to save for a new PC somehow I won't be able to help much more sadly (LOL I couldn't even make thumbnail images for the new Nexusmods page). Those are my donations links, in case anyone might help me. Any quantity is more than welcome. Thanks in advance for all your help ?

https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=79WUBWF5Q3QDL

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/Jupisoft111

https://patreon.com/Jupisoft?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=creatorshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

https://www.amazon.es/hz/wishlist/ls/V327Z3EY4SL7/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_1

Just now, Karosu-Maker said:

I'm curious. Has anyone figure out a way to turn off / uncensor the character dissapearing in snapshot mode when trying to take a pic under the skirt of the character?

On FF5 if you replaced a male with a girl body it would allow you to see a bit more below the skirt I remember, so probably it happens here too ?

hello, sorry if I post a mod for the Nintendo Switch version here

since no one make it yet, I make a topless version of Ruka's swimsuit

there are 2 versions:

Spoiler

N is for the topless version & ST is for see-through white clothes

Ruka.jpg.6d8e9196ccaa4888bf3dcdf6abc7e748.jpg

the pc version .gmpk file works in switch, idk if it is vice versa or not since I don't have pc version to test
install note:

Spoiler

tested in both hardware and emulator, choose one of the folders inside the zip file, rename the folder to [H_RUK_M]

hardware: paste the [content] folder on the [atmosphere] folder
emulator: paste the [content] folder on the Ryujinx [mods] folder

pass (lowercase) name of Ruka's mother's last name

please report if you find any errors with the mod
thank you :)

Ruka.7z

Edited by 猫タビ

LOL I can't upload it to nexusmods without a single image it says, and I can't start the game sadly...

If anyone can test the 2x pack from mediafire and send me an image, I'll might use it as the thumbnail at nexus. Thanks in advance ?

Edit: I have also attached a 100% save game, just in case it might help.

Nevermind, for now I'll use the comparison image it was posted before... Thanks!

pcsave Fatal Frame 4 PC.zip

Edited by Jupisoft

Here it is on Nexusmods, finally too, enjoy everyone ?

Fatal Frame 4 Mask of the Lunar Eclipse 2x Remaster by Jupisoft at Nexus mods and community

LOL, it says this still: "This file will be published when the game is approved."

Edit: no one really posted a mod for FF4 on Nexusmods yet? Because I couldn't find a page for it. You might follow my link once it gets approved to also add more mods there ?

Edited by Jupisoft

Also here is the promised new tool, which for now displays all game models, but for both FF4 and Fatal Frame 5:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u60omkn0or0120s/Fatal+Frame+4+and+5+Tools+[Model+Previews].zip/file

Note: you don't need the previews of the models with this tool, it has all of them inside already ?

Finally I'm already converting all the stage images from PNG to DDS right now... But no idea of how much time it will take.

Edit: I just noticed I'm making to many posts once again, sorry about that... I got too excited to finally post all these things...

2nd Edit: Please let me know if you notice the improved quality or I still need to tweak anything, thanks again ?

Edited by Jupisoft

When I applied all 4 of them together, I got an infinite loading screen when trying to load the first chapter's savegame. Using everything else apart from characters worked fine and save games loaded.

After going one by one, seems to be something wrong specific to Ruka as I can't load her save games once I overwrite all her textures. Misaki loads, but looks a little weird, I guess these (MSK_A, RUK_A) might require some manual intervention as a baseline then you can focus on others

Here are issues with misaki:

image.thumb.png.be91feb794e0b274724540fdc40221a2.png

image.png.7bc213dd458fa805e315da4d9326bdad.png

image.png.c4ea185ff3af43073f03bda6eefbeb2d.png

11 minutes ago, kazusa touma said:

When I applied all 4 of them together, I got an infinite loading screen when trying to load the first chapter's savegame. Using everything else apart from characters worked fine and save games loaded.

After going one by one, seems to be something wrong specific to Ruka as I can't load her save games once I overwrite all her textures. Misaki loads, but looks a little weird, I guess these (MSK_A, RUK_A) might require some manual intervention as a baseline then you can focus on others

Here are issues with misaki:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.be91feb794e0b274724540fdc40221a2.png

image.png.7bc213dd458fa805e315da4d9326bdad.png

image.png.c4ea185ff3af43073f03bda6eefbeb2d.png

Thanks a lot it seems I might still need to exclude the normal maps from the remaster (the pink DDS textures), which give the "depth" or 3D shape of all objects. I'll look into it as soon as I can then, thanks again ?

Edit: I forgot to tell you that these vertical lines come from the fact that the DDS textures only store half a face and they mirror the rest, so it seems Gigapixel might have anti-aliased those borders giving that bad result, so by just keeping the original normal maps it should be fix as long as all the light reflections work as expected.

Edited by Jupisoft