[mod] Sexbound Reborn

5 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

SBR itself only offers dialog for vanilla races, but including dialog talking to/about modded races. That is to say, any vanilla species member (or unsupported species with "useDefaultDialog" set to true) will talk with special dialog to an Avalia partner - Avalis themselves have no dialog though. Using "useDefaultDialog" just gives Avalis basically normal human dialog (with a few special lines referencing Avali partners).

On another note, afaik the Avali SxB support may have added it's own dialog back in the day. In which case, that dialog would need to be updated to the new format to work, and until that is done, it might override the "useDefaultDialog" setting. As the old files will exist and be loaded - hence skipping the default dialog - but recognizes as "empty" and hence forcing silence on the Avali.

Assuming you have somewhat basic understanding of JSON syntax, here  sextalk converter.html is a very basic converter for old sextalk structure -> new sextalk structure, and here is a detailed wiki guide on how to properly make your own dialog.

If you end up properly converting Avali dialog, let me know. I apppreciate contributions.

I wonder if red3dred could help because he is the one that originally made the Avali's for Sexbound.

For the new update to add on a species to be pregnancy-compatible we still use a sxb_plugin.pregnant.config.patch, correct? I have one that no longer works, did something change with the format, or did I somehow manage to replace a working file with one that doesn't? (it's possible, I shouldn't do late night, sleep-deprived modding). Even after setting pregnancy chance for both NPCs and player to .999 no joy.

Example:

[
    {
        "op" : "add",
        "path" : "/compatibleSpecies",
        "value" : { "<race>": ["<race>", "<any other race here>"]}
    }
]

7 hours ago, ZipZop said:

For the new update to add on a species to be pregnancy-compatible we still use a sxb_plugin.pregnant.config.patch, correct? I have one that no longer works, did something change with the format, or did I somehow manage to replace a working file with one that doesn't? (it's possible, I shouldn't do late night, sleep-deprived modding). Even after setting pregnancy chance for both NPCs and player to .999 no joy.

Example:

[
    {
        "op" : "add",
        "path" : "/compatibleSpecies",
        "value" : { "<race>": ["<race>", "<any other race here>"]}
    }
]

Generally that approach is right. However, it depends on which race you are trying to add, as there is two things of note here.

1: If the race already has an entry in compatibleSpecies, this code will either not do anything or corrupt the config file with a "duplicate key" error. All base species, as well as Penguin, Neko, Neki and Felin already exist (albeit empty) in that list. A safer method would be a proper patch that checks if the main entry exists, if not adds it empty, then adds into that list.

2: If you're playing as or with a Neki, they can officially not get pregnant anymore, ever. You'd need to remove the "infertile" status effect added in the race's species patch.

Hi, been trying to figure out how to change all females into futas with the config and nothing worked, the only time it sort of did the sprites were all messed up and only like the arms and hair were visible. Is it even possible to do? If it is I guess I'm dumb and probably need a step by step guide on how to do it 🫠

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Left8786 said:

Hi, been trying to figure out how to change all females into futas with the config and nothing worked, the only time it sort of did the sprites were all messed up and only like the arms and hair were visible. Is it even possible to do? If it is I guess I'm dumb and probably need a step by step guide on how to do it 🫠

Natively turning female members of a species into futanari is done by patching the according species file.

So you would need to patch every species' file you want affected and add "sxbSubGender": "futanari" to the female gender's data.

EDIT: Actually, there is an easier way if you just global-galactically make all females have a dick.

Just edit the subGender list in the main config file and add an override for the base gender "female", giving them a dick.

Edited by Erina Sugino

image.png.75f21f311b0c56ec0cd891b34b8dda42.pngSomething is going wrong in my game.
When I start some node, stop is ok, but when I try to use some positions, the sexual interaction goes wrong, with actor 2 disappearing and my role simply getting stuck in the air.
And when I leave the node, a copy of me remains to be transferred, in addition to not allowing me to change position.

starbound.log.1

22 minutes ago, Salomão69 said:

Something is going wrong in my game.
When I start some node, stop is ok, but when I try to use some positions, the sexual interaction goes wrong, with actor 2 disappearing and my role simply getting stuck in the air.
And when I leave the node, a copy of me remains to be transferred, in addition to not allowing me to change position.

All I can gather from your error log, is that something is wrong with your animation file. The new V1.2 ear groups don't exist.

Not sure if it's the mod or just me but my male Avali can't seem to cum no matter how long I let him have sex for. 
Somehow got it working on GFY properly thingy but when it's with the milking machine or lustbound toys it just never happens.

1 hour ago, Ivera said:

Not sure if it's the mod or just me but my male Avali can't seem to cum no matter how long I let him have sex for. 
Somehow got it working on GFY properly thingy but when it's with the milking machine or lustbound toys it just never happens.

Log?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Log?

It's super late, I'll try sending a log (I assume the one in the storage folder?) when I have time tomorrow. 

Just had a read of the github documents to see what's up. Might be cause I didn't know Reborn needed me to click on the bars for climax. 

If it *is* the case, is there a setting in configs that enable auto play climax? 

Edited by Ivera
8 minutes ago, Ivera said:

It's super late, I'll try sending a log (I assume the one in the storage folder?) when I have time tomorrow. 

Just had a read of the github documents to see what's up. Might be cause I didn't know Reborn needed me to click on the bars for climax. 

If it *is* the case, is there a setting in configs that enable auto play climax? 

Auto-climax only affects NPCs, and even then usually just when no player is present. So you saying it working on GFY but not the dildos and stuff makes no sense, so I assume something bigger going on.

Yes, it is that file. The one without a number.

18 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Natively turning female members of a species into futanari is done by patching the according species file.

So you would need to patch every species' file you want affected and add "sxbSubGender": "futanari" to the female gender's data.

EDIT: Actually, there is an easier way if you just global-galactically make all females have a dick.

Just edit the subGender list in the main config file and add an override for the base gender "female", giving them a dick.

Thanks, that worked. 

On 5/19/2024 at 8:36 AM, TheJuanPieceisReal said:

I want to slow down the rate my character gets horny, at the moment its too fast and I'm not exactly sure what value I should edit to make that change

My apologies, your post seems to have slipped by me.

In the main config file, there is the value "naturalHorninessRate". This is the rate at which entities gain arousal.

It's the same for players and NPCs and, by default settings, equates to somewhere between 3-7 in-game days. It will likely feel faster on the player than NPCs, cause this value is only ticking when the entity is loaded in - which is always true for the player, but not for NPCs.

11 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Auto-climax only affects NPCs, and even then usually just when no player is present. So you saying it working on GFY but not the dildos and stuff makes no sense, so I assume something bigger going on.

Yes, it is that file. The one without a number.

I'm gonna hope it's this file.

starbound.log.1

Thanks for letting me know, unfortunate that it's universal but nothing can be done, I'll get used to it. I had another few questions though.

Do the heat effects entirely replace the arousal/pent up status effects or do they work alongside them?  Is there a way to check your own character for your level of arousal?  Is there anyway to reset the timer of the heat effects back to a default value with the use of admin commands? 

And

Spoiler

Please god tell me I did this patch right

image.png.0f8a4b41dfbcd0a576c6cd96e103b4d6.png

By the way, is there for me to switch out to custom assets with artwork in reborn? Or more specifically for the status icons in the interface folder.

I may have had a bit of fun and drew custom arousal icons for Avali's (avali bias) and want to use them if that's ok.

24 minutes ago, Ivera said:

By the way, is there for me to switch out to custom assets with artwork in reborn? Or more specifically for the status icons in the interface folder.

I may have had a bit of fun and drew custom arousal icons for Avali's (avali bias) and want to use them if that's ok.

Nevermind, figured out how. 😆

Screenshot 2024-05-23 001009.png

8 hours ago, TheJuanPieceisReal said:

Thanks for letting me know, unfortunate that it's universal but nothing can be done, I'll get used to it. I had another few questions though.

Do the heat effects entirely replace the arousal/pent up status effects or do they work alongside them?  Is there a way to check your own character for your level of arousal?  Is there anyway to reset the timer of the heat effects back to a default value with the use of admin commands? 

And

Reveal hidden contents

Please god tell me I did this patch right

image.png.0f8a4b41dfbcd0a576c6cd96e103b4d6.png

The heat system completely replaces arousal effects. Having both would just stack in a non-optimal way.

Checking your own arousal and/or setting always requires coding. The player is not a scripted entity for as far as the server is concerned, so using the chat command /entityeval does not target it. The only way do execute stuff on the player is to use /entityeval on any other entity, then send a world.sendEntityMessage(-65536, "<message name>", <data>) to it (singleplayer only, player ID varies on actual servers). This, in turn, requires the player's code to define a message.setHandler("<message bane>", <handler function>) in order to do stuff upon receiving this message.

Using that, however, you can easily write code that prints the current arousal to the log, or manipulates the heat timer which is stored in "storage.sexbound.heatCycle"

And finally:
Your patch is almost correct. The name of the setting is "sxbUseHeat", without the extra "s", now. This was changed shortly before release of 1.2 to make the naming in-line with the other settings.

8 hours ago, Ivera said:

I'm gonna hope it's this file.

You have "Sexbound Sex Factory Yoru" installed. That mod has been forever borked and breaks parts of Sexbound. Namely, defeat and sextalk. Seeing as your entire sextalk module errors because the config file is unreadable, I would primarily assume that's because of that.

Beyond that, you have bad folders in your mod folder. Namely, one named "XMod", one named "SxBReborn" and one named "OldSxB". These are not functioning mods, but still loaded by the game. Remove them.

14 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

You have "Sexbound Sex Factory Yoru" installed. That mod has been forever borked and breaks parts of Sexbound. Namely, defeat and sextalk. Seeing as your entire sextalk module errors because the config file is unreadable, I would primarily assume that's because of that.

Beyond that, you have bad folders in your mod folder. Namely, one named "XMod", one named "SxBReborn" and one named "OldSxB". These are not functioning mods, but still loaded by the game. Remove them.

Awesome! Thanks for the input. 

By the way, how does the heat system work?
I managed to patch it to enable Avalis but I'm not sure where it's supposed to show up (aside from the Horny debuff in Males)

33 minutes ago, Ivera said:

Awesome! Thanks for the input. 

By the way, how does the heat system work?
I managed to patch it to enable Avalis but I'm not sure where it's supposed to show up (aside from the Horny debuff in Males)

Heat system works on a cycle timer, much like ovulation. By default it takes 10-30 in-game days to trigger. When it does, it shows as status effect in the top left just like the normal arousal effects would.

12 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

The heat system completely replaces arousal effects. Having both would just stack in a non-optimal way.

Checking your own arousal and/or setting always requires coding. The player is not a scripted entity for as far as the server is concerned, so using the chat command /entityeval does not target it. The only way do execute stuff on the player is to use /entityeval on any other entity, then send a world.sendEntityMessage(-65536, "<message name>", <data>) to it (singleplayer only, player ID varies on actual servers). This, in turn, requires the player's code to define a message.setHandler("<message bane>", <handler function>) in order to do stuff upon receiving this message.

Using that, however, you can easily write code that prints the current arousal to the log, or manipulates the heat timer which is stored in "storage.sexbound.heatCycle"

And finally:
Your patch is almost correct. The name of the setting is "sxbUseHeat", without the extra "s", now. This was changed shortly before release of 1.2 to make the naming in-line with the other settings.

Massive appreciating for the help, this also means that the current version of the nekiSxB mod is outdated and doesn't use the current heat system

24 minutes ago, TheJuanPieceisReal said:

Massive appreciating for the help, this also means that the current version of the nekiSxB mod is outdated and doesn't use the current heat system

Correct.

Posted (edited)

I'm a bit stumped on how this heat patch is supposed to work.

I've downloaded the source ver. to mod it, created the "avali.species.patch" and inserted all the code yet I still get the horny debuff.
Also, this might sound stupid but does heat only affect a specific gender?

Screenshot 2024-05-23 215349.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 215400.png

Edited by Ivera