Fire emblem Engage Uncensored mod get censored ?

What the hell is even going on with LoversLab and the mods those days ? you can go full rape content but a mod that literally just fix the english localization to be more accurate to the original japanese script  (a script that i remind is IN THE GODDAMN GAME ) now NOW YOU DRAW A LINE ?! what the hell ? where is the logic ? is that an error or some admin abusing their powers ?

2 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

See here, then calm down.

I would like to empathize for the negativity the mods have been getting which has probably felt very annoying. No one is entitled to anything, no website has to host content they don't want to host. I think a conversation happening respectfully would probably clear up the confusion. 

I do think people understandably would like some clarification however. I read the linked comment and it says that the lines have been removed in 1.2 and therefore the mod is okay to be reposted. So does that mean that if the mod retroactively adds those lines back, the mod will be banned and removed? Even though those sentences are literally spoken by the Japanese voice actors in the game that shipped in Japan and across the world? This needs clarification and I think people would appreciate it. No one likes admitting to making mistakes and no one likes random people coming together to dunk on the mods, so just some clarification can ensure everyone can move on and stuff. 

Just my 2 cents as a rando lurker, ty for coming to my TED talk. 

12 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Do you guys even know your own rules?

- we will not allow any sort of nudity or sexual content involving characters that could be seen as depicting somebody as underage.

- any depictions of underage persons with exposed nudity or in a sexual context.

None of these rules applies. There's no nudity because it's a translation patch and there's no sexual content because every relationship in the game is platonic. 

There's a good reason people are frustrated with this decision.

Edited by Megumin.
14 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

HOW IS THAT CLARIFYING THINGS  ? it's even worse you are confirming that you illogically ban a translation mod of lines that ARE IN THE GAME !

like people says Loverlab and gamebanana are becoming house of hypocrisy year after year just look at that

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 12-53-28 Dimitri Monroe on Twitter.png

What do you actually want to achieve?

That the operators lose interest in running this site?

If you find all this so stupid... why don't you open a page for Held yourself and make these modifications available to everyone else (who will think you're so great)?

No - I don't expect a meaningful answer to that ... because apart from complaining-for-the-pure-complaining-sake, you never had any recognizable intention.

Am I defending the position of the site operators?
I don't care at all - it's YOUR side I'm on - YOU set the rules of the game...
...and if YOU don't stick to it - YOUR thing alone.

I'm here voluntarily - nobody's forcing me - except maybe the little perverted voice in my head

?

Some people need to familiarize themselves with the expression "never invite the man into your life."

True, there is content on LL that is not for everybody.  However, anything suggesting pedophilia is just not acceptable in the West, and hosting a file that seems to support it would draw way too much unwanted exposure that LL does not need or want.  No doubt there are elements that would already like to shut LL down, so Ashal and team have to walk a fine line.

Just because something is acceptable in Japan doesn't make it acceptable everywhere.  Should the West start publicly beheading people on Friday afternoons?  That's acceptable in the Middle East.

25 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Just because something is acceptable in Japan doesn't make it acceptable everywhere.

Rape/bestiality/incest/slavery/murder... and all the other stuff here isn't accepted in Japan OR the west. But no one is complaining about that. So that argument isn't really a good one.

The issue (in my humble belief) is simply that Nintendo has a very aggressive approach when it comes to their IP´s, so this entire affair was simply to avoid attention from them specifically. From a the sites perspective, there is no real downside to removing it. (complaints can be ignored after all).
And Even if I don't agree with this at all, I would have understood it. Its just another one of these Instances where something hasnt been communicated properly and people come up with their own conclusions as a result.

And as a final word: The goddamn American localizers really can go F themselves. Not just for fire emblem, but for xenoblade and everything else story based as well. We don't care for YOUR stupid bastardized vision, we care about the original one which was made by actually talented people.

45 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

However, anything suggesting pedophilia is just not acceptable in the West, 

Last time I checked, raping animals is also not accepted in the west. But there's plenty of those here.

Somehow two minors saying they like eachother is crossing the line. People think this mod is worse than it is. This is tame compared to what's hosted here.

Edited by Megumin.
22 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

The issue (in my humble belief) is simply that Nintendo has a very aggressive approach when it comes to their IP´s, so this entire affair was simply to avoid attention from them specifically. From a the sites perspective, there is no real downside to removing it. (complaints can be ignored after all).
And Even if I don't agree with this at all, I would have understood it. Its just another one of these Instances where something hasnt been communicated properly and people come up with their own conclusions as a result.

This.  I wish this had been the stated reason, and if that was the reason, then it should just be stated in the future.  Even still, I sort of dislike it, but I understand the matter and reason behind the matter.  The fact is altering switch games to mod them doesn't actually get the game code back on a switch, so there's a lot more things that wouldn't be discussed on these forums to begin with to get the patch working.

Anyways, it is what it is.  Can't be everything to everyone.

21 hours ago, momowater said:

I would like to empathize for the negativity the mods have been getting which has probably felt very annoying. No one is entitled to anything, no website has to host content they don't want to host. I think a conversation happening respectfully would probably clear up the confusion. 

I do think people understandably would like some clarification however. I read the linked comment and it says that the lines have been removed in 1.2 and therefore the mod is okay to be reposted. So does that mean that if the mod retroactively adds those lines back, the mod will be banned and removed? Even though those sentences are literally spoken by the Japanese voice actors in the game that shipped in Japan and across the world? This needs clarification and I think people would appreciate it. No one likes admitting to making mistakes and no one likes random people coming together to dunk on the mods, so just some clarification can ensure everyone can move on and stuff. 

Just my 2 cents as a rando lurker, ty for coming to my TED talk. 

Thanks, I'd be lying if I didn't say I think the vehemence of the reactions has been out of proportion. I only popped up yesterday to say the 1.2 version is cleared, and thought that'd put the whole thing to rest. A dozen or so notifications tell me some people think it's not enough, and I'm sure there are others who think we still allow too much. The sign of a good compromise is that nobody's happy.

The fact that the lines involving the 10/11-year-olds were removed in the 1.2 version spoke in favor of lifting the ban, so I wouldn't advise putting them back in, just so we can have all this happen all over again. That the mod is a translation of the original game doesn't alter the fact that to all practical purposes it is the first localisation that adds the content for the international market. What's shipped in the original game isn't something we're liable for, but what's in a mod we host is. My take on the whole thing is that if Nintendo doesn't trust western audiences with a close translation of its content, then LL can be forgiven for playing things safe too - they got lawyers and PR departments and sheer money to handle blowback, we don't. The risk may seem trivial, but then we live in interesting times.

35 minutes ago, DoctaSax said:

Thanks, I'd be lying if I didn't say I think the vehemence of the reactions has been out of proportion. I only popped up yesterday to say the 1.2 version is cleared, and thought that'd put the whole thing to rest. A dozen or so notifications tell me some people think it's not enough, and I'm sure there are others who think we still allow too much. The sign of a good compromise is that nobody's happy.

The fact that the lines involving the 10/11-year-olds were removed in the 1.2 version spoke in favor of lifting the ban, so I wouldn't advise putting them back in, just so we can have all this happen all over again. That the mod is a translation of the original game doesn't alter the fact that to all practical purposes it is the first localisation that adds the content for the international market. What's shipped in the original game isn't something we're liable for, but what's in a mod we host is. My take on the whole thing is that if Nintendo doesn't trust western audiences with a close translation of its content, then LL can be forgiven for playing things safe too - they got lawyers and PR departments and sheer money to handle blowback, we don't. The risk may seem trivial, but then we live in interesting times.

It's not that Nintendo does not "trust Western audiences", this was done by localizers and Nintendo simply didn't care either way.
If localizers involved with Fire Emblem Engage were actually doing their job correctly instead of making up fake dialogue (one of the localizers on Twitter even admitted to not know Japanese language) and made the accurate translation, Nintendo would approve it same way.
Nintendo simply does not care either for "antis" or "proshippers".

Also, why you mention lawyers in this conversation like anything done here is illegal and against the law?
You do know that in US you can import or buy actual physical loli hentai without a problem?
Fakku, which is a registred company also hosts it on their website.

And you people make a big deal about a mod that uncensors the dialogue which is in no way explicit or adult-only and involves fictional characters that don't even depict or represent a realistic humans?

The length GameBanana and LoversLab goes to try to justify such a dumb decision is astonishing.

It's an insane line to draw. Putting the original dialogue back into a game, let alone an official Nintendo release is somehow bad, but mods depicting slavery, rape, bestiality, or worse are fine? It's utter nonsense to anyone that gives it actual thought, and I can't help but think there's bias involved here.

6 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

Speaking frankly, this is bull. Under this same logic Gamebanana is responsible for the retranslation patches for the other Fire Emblem games such as Fates that also restore "controversial" bits of dialogue.

Additionally if the real concern here is that Nintendo may have an issue with this, by and far they're going to have one moreso with mods that not only undress the characters (which are on both GB and here), but actively add nudity and sexual features to the characters in the game. Literally in the same thread you linked to to boot. Call me crazy but pretty sure *that's* going to earn the ire of their lawyers and PR departments and sheer money if that's an actual concern here.

3 hours ago, Kung Fu Man said:

Additionally if the real concern here is that Nintendo may have an issue with this, by and far they're going to have one moreso with mods that not only undress the characters (which are on both GB and here), but actively add nudity and sexual features to the characters in the game. Literally in the same thread you linked to to boot. Call me crazy but pretty sure *that's* going to earn the ire of their lawyers and PR departments and sheer money if that's an actual concern here.

That's exactly why this excuse doesn't make sense. A translation patch is the least of our concern. Nintendo would absolutely nuke this site if they knew that users were making nude mods of their characters in here. Everyone know how overprotective nintendo is with their Intellectual property (IP). 

21 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

I find it incredible how you can give an answer like that with the amount of shit that is on this site

On 3/6/2023 at 4:56 PM, DoctaSax said:

Nicholas Cage Laughing GIF - Nicholas Cage Laughing Stressed - Discover &  Share GIFs

• 2 weeks later...

Americans...:

Mods to kill children -> OK

Mod to restore censored translation dialogues -> bad. Oh a platonic love with an underage, that's worse than killing them!!!

Haven't you ever wondered that maybe it's your moral values (and not Japan's or other countries) the ones that are actually incorrect?