Player Facial Expression Redone for 1.9 (WIP)

Aoikun

CharGen Extension

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36925//?

have new ver.

Yup, thanks for the info. Didn't have time to thoroughly read it but it looks like a great update.

The bad news is that I will have to rework the mod, the good news... well, the mod will be better and since I've been contacted by Seren I will add support for The Ningheim (yay!) 

Will work on this whenever I've got some spare time, so next update might take some time.

Thank you so much for this! It's a really great mod! And Many many thanks for the ningheim patch coming! I love this race as I love your mod :P

Oh, donkey teeth. Didn't know the morphs would replace CharGen's.

Unfortunately thats the main problem with mods like this. You only have one Femalehead.nif, Femalehead.tri, and Femaleheadchargen.tri as well as the mouthhumanf files that go along with the head files. All of these different mods overwrite these same files to get the desired results.

It would be nice if someone could develop a way to use multiple versions of these files so that all the different mods that overwrite these files would work together. But I am sure this is just a pipe dream.

Unfortunately thats the main problem with mods like this. You only have one Femalehead.nif, Femalehead.tri, and Femaleheadchargen.tri as well as the mouthhumanf files that go along with the head files. All of these different mods overwrite these same files to get the desired results.

It would be nice if someone could develop a way to use multiple versions of these files so that all the different mods that overwrite these files would work together. But I am sure this is just a pipe dream.

You can actually already do this, you know. You just have to copy all the vanilla head parts and alter the asset paths, and use your own valid race formlists for your custom race. I'm working on my own mod that does just this, and I've made scripts for tes5edit to automate the process(as who wants to copy and edit several hundred records by hand).

You can actually already do this, you know. You just have to copy all the vanilla head parts and alter the asset paths, and use your own valid race formlists for your custom race. I'm working on my own mod that does just this, and I've made scripts for tes5edit to automate the process(as who wants to copy and edit several hundred records by hand).

Thanks for mentioning this. I have been doing this for awhile now with my own custom race I created just for this purpose. The problem is most normal users dont use custom races and all the vanilla races share the same assets which cause all the problems with over writes.

Here is my custom race mod. It does use my own custom head and mouth files.http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/42618//?

Thanks for mentioning this. I have been doing this for awhile now with my own custom race I created just for this purpose. The problem is most normal users dont use custom races and all the vanilla races share the same assets which cause all the problems with over writes.

Here is my custom race mod. It does use my own custom head and mouth files.http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/42618//?

Mine has custom.... literally everything. It's got custom racial compatibility controllers as well, that don't add it to the vanilla formlists, to prevent the vanilla head parts from appearing(which have different, incompatible facegen assets).

The newest version of CharGen's framework doesn't replace. It adds, giving the ability to add multiple tri files per part. If this mod is updated to the newer version it's no longer an issue.

Just wanna shout out a loud THANK YOU for doing this :) I use ECE and racemenu and everything works like a charm.

Just waiting for a male version now, thanks again!

Hey, Caelrya! Which version of RaceMenu do you use? I've updated to the latest, and use CharGen Extension, which has the ECE sliders in with it, but I'm afraid to install this over top of it for fear of overwriting CharGen's changes. It would be nice to have them all working together, though.

• 5 weeks later...

Normaly i understand very complex things but these Facgen morph system (blend shape) is crazy complex i don't even understand how everything interacts with each other from the file base system :(

And how to create these blend shapes in for example blender and then how to define a blend shape a slider and value :(

This is crazy complex 3D stuff Aiokun could you make some kind of a tutorial explaining how the system interacts also with some kind of mindmap explaining the load system and which dependencies exist ?

For example we have some actually 2 Mods which add High Polygon Heads to Skyrim the problem is thus the vertices are different alined they don't work with the normal low polygon mesh .tri files (from ECE,Nuska or Default) and everything has to be rebaked for those female/malehead.nif

If i would understand how todo this i would do it but im not so form with 3D Editing and especially not form with the whole Gamebryo Engine it goes a complete different path then most others with it's unique 3D system :(

So it's really in everyones interest to help each other understanding this so we can progress faster and create maybe even more amazing things in the future together :)

It would be also cool if you could hint me to some tutorials that might shed some light on this anything i read anything i just want to understand this i tried to grasp the logic myself and i think i understood something ( at least i understand that high polygon models need to be rebaked entirely with the morphs) but especially from the 3D Part (External Editing) i miss to much :(

Maybe i should learn first more about the General Work of Blend Shapes in 3D @ all which is practically the same as "Morphs" in Skyrims Facegen terms right ?

Also one logic i don't understand how does Skyrims Lip Sync System knows where the LIPS are actually located in the face, only by the internal 3D name of this blend shape part ?

@beazalbob69

that Orthonian race is not bad though your smile results totally scare me off :(

@beazalbob69

that Orthonian race is not bad though your smile results totally scare me off :(

Lol, yeah I realize that I didn't use the best pics to show the custom race. Altering the head mesh in Blender to allow more of a open mouth smile without making the player look like the Joker is not easy. Maybe I will update the pics to show how nice the race can look.

Screen_Shot92_1920x1080.jpg

Someone posted this on the nexus, do you think that are ECE morphs ?

looks pretty awesome, if you ask me.

That guy wrote some pretty crazy text, when someone asked him about why he post his pictures that huge lol

Especially it's not really easy to decipher his/her language he/she uses at all http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/349512//? :P

That guy/girl has some really interesting results in his/her porto, looks like he/she is pretty much female character addicted, definitely some crazy style :)

40efb14a8c108472d13fcae96b481a43.jpg

Someone posted this on the nexus, do you think that are ECE morphs ?

looks pretty awesome, if you ask me.

That guy wrote some pretty crazy text, when someone asked him about why he post his pictures that huge lol

Especially it's not really easy to decipher his/her language he/she uses at all http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/349512//? :P

That guy/girl has some really interesting results in his/her porto, looks like he/she is pretty much female character addicted, definitely some crazy style :)

40efb14a8c108472d13fcae96b481a43.jpg

These textures are really beautiful, so next gen..Is it real or just a photoshoped, I mean i use Real Girl Textures and i set the texture quality to maximum but they never looked this good.

These textures are really beautiful, so next gen..Is it real or just a photoshoped, I mean i use Real Girl Textures and i set the texture quality to maximum but they never looked this good.

It's his ENB setup that makes the textures look so good in this case.

It's his ENB setup that makes the textures look so good in this case.

Still, it looks awesome, I wish i could have tha enb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm curious about this mod, but can't seem to get it to work right. I'm using a custom race (Lunari) which may or may not cause issues itself. I install ECE, CharGen and this, but when I showracemenu and move an expression slider my nose reverts to a different model and none of the expressions show. I restored a previous installation to try the mod there; the expressions worked but the nose still reverted to a different model when I used a slider, and when I switch the nose back the expressions are lost. Anyone know what is wrong here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't have time to thoroughly read it but it looks like a great update

The bad news is that I will have to rework the mod, the good news... well, the mod will be better and since I've been contacted by Seren I will add support for The Ningheim (yay!) 

Will work on this whenever I've got some spare time, so next update might take some time.

I use only ECE 1.2 (no Race Menu) your mod work in my case ? :)

The CharGen API has changed drastically to accommodate plugin based installs, I believe the version here may no longer work correctly without some additional setup. I could make a new CharGen version if people are still interested in this.

Also, this thread is rather old BTW.

Archived