Player Facial Expression Redone for 1.9 (WIP)

Aoikun

hey all......I've been following this thread for weeks now and think its great that the modding community is trying to mod and fix what Bethesda screwed up.....but i'm a little confused how this mod works? does it work like the mod on nexus called" female facial expressions" ( which doesn't since 1.9 came out) ? the sliders are what is confusing me......do you preset those and then the npc's will just make those facial animations on their own? sorry for stupid question....just trying to understand how it works? thank you

No the expression slider works fine, I am talking about the tri files, i think I have different tri files(head,mouth,brows etc which overwrites) then yours (which is in the archive). My character's look changes with your Tri files, The expressions themselves work fine.

I am using racemenu mod also have ECE installed..

Ok, if you have ECE installed then I recommend you to go to to Skyrimshot and donwload the test version 1.1 as they have integrated the expression sliders themselves. Let me know if that worked.

ok i will check, but to tell you this, i was using ECE(which is the older version because i didn;t like the newer versions) and when race menu released I installed it and using since but i didn't unchecked or uninstalled the ece mod. may be i am wrong here but the problem i am having is that the tri files in your mod archive are different than i have which is changing the original face look of my character and as i told you before the expression themselves are working fine 100%. when i move the slider from 0 to 1 the expression changes and when i turns it back to 0 the face becomes neutral.

If you could have the time take a look at my tri files then i can upload it for you to check it. I will also post a comparison picture as well as soon as i get the time to play skyrim.

hey all......I've been following this thread for weeks now and think its great that the modding community is trying to mod and fix what Bethesda screwed up.....but i'm a little confused how this mod works? does it work like the mod on nexus called" female facial expressions" ( which doesn't since 1.9 came out) ? the sliders are what is confusing me......do you preset those and then the npc's will just make those facial animations on their own? sorry for stupid question....just trying to understand how it works? thank you

No , what this mod does is adding the facial expression morphs to the racemenu. Think of it as a facial expression poser, you get a tab in the racemenu with all the expressions and there you change the expression of your character.

ok i will check, but to tell you this, i was using ECE(which is the older version because i didn;t like the newer versions) and when race menu released I installed it and using since but i didn't unchecked or uninstalled the ece mod. may be i am wrong here but the problem i am having is that the tri files in your mod archive are different than i have which is changing the original face look of my character and as i told you before the expression themselves are working fine 100%. when i move the slider from 0 to 1 the expression changes and when i turns it back to 0 the face becomes neutral.

If you could have the time take a look at my tri files then i can upload it for you to check it. I will also post a comparison picture as well as soon as i get the time to play skyrim.

Post a link with your tri files and I'll take a look. Guess I can always make a custom version for your files. 

thank you Aoikun for replying....do you think this mod has the capabilities to function like the facial expressions functioned (on their own ) before 1.9 screw up patch? thank you

Not entirely. You will have all the expressions for your character and actually with this mod you can mix moods, something you couldn't before,  you can also see the changes in the face in realtime making it easier than before to get the expression right, but since this uses the racemenu  using it on NPCs requires much harder than before, possible but not practical. This mod doesn't fix the lip sync errors or anything, it's just a workaround I created to at least have something, since I like taking screenshots and not having facial expressions was driving me nuts.

No , what this mod does is adding the facial expression morphs to the racemenu. Think of it as a facial expression poser, you get a tab in the racemenu with all the expressions and there you change the expression of your character.

Post a link with your tri files and I'll take a look. Guess I can always make a custom version for your files. 

Thanks i will post as soon as i can.

Still haven't received any answer from Seren4XX, author of The Ningheim, if anyone knows how to contact him please let me know, got everything ready to make the compatibility patch for them just waiting for permission.

I have updated the main post with an Ethereal Elven Overhaul patch and also updated the female only ECE version of this mod, it now uses CharGen extension 1.2.2 (it performs as usual, just better optimization)

Here's the to Tri files i use

And here's your shinny custom build, I had to add the femalemaskright and left side tri files so if something's wrong  send me those over and I'll patch them. Hope it works.

ZGGBCustom_build_9.19.rar

Still haven't received any answer from Seren4XX, author of The Ningheim, if anyone knows how to contact him please let me know, got everything ready to make the compatibility patch for them just waiting for permission.

I have updated the main post with an Ethereal Elven Overhaul patch and also updated the female only ECE version of this mod, it now uses CharGen extension 1.2.2 (it performs as usual, just better optimization)

And here's your shinny custom build, I had to add the femalemaskright and left side tri files so if something's wrong  send me those over and I'll patch them. Hope it works.

attachicon.gifZGGBCustom_build_9.19.rar

Ok I checked the files in game, other than two all of the mouth open sliders have issue, when it reaches to 0.7/0.8 the texture cuts appear around the mouth and from point 0.1 to 1 teeth sort'a dissolve(looks like mouth is filled with something white) except the 2 sliders i just mentioned.

Ok I checked the files in game, other than two all of the mouth open sliders have issue, when it reaches to 0.7/0.8 the texture cuts appear around the mouth and from point 0.1 to 1 teeth sort'a dissolve(looks like mouth is filled with something white) except the 2 sliders i just mentioned.

Please send a screen so I can better pinpoint what's causing that issue. Also if you can send me your original femaleheadmaskrightsidechargen.tri and femaleheadmaskleftsidechargen.tri it might help. Can't be sure but probably the headmasks I provided doesn't fit the face shape and they clip, if you can't find those files I might be able to create entirely new ones. About the mouth...I just checked it on blender and t's a mess, doon't know why but the morphs don't work at all, will try to find a way to fix it

EDIT: You must be using some kind of moded mouth file, right now I'm trying to build a new one with the morphs from your files instead of the ones I had ready, strange thing is your file is missing the Big Aah morph.... will try to create an entirely new morph, but can't promise it will work.

Please send a screen so I can better pinpoint what's causing that issue. Also if you can send me your original femaleheadmaskrightsidechargen.tri and femaleheadmaskleftsidechargen.tri it might help. Can't be sure but probably the headmasks I provided doesn't fit the face shape and they clip, if you can't find those files I might be able to create entirely new ones. About the mouth...I just checked it on blender and t's a mess, doon't know why but the morphs don't work at all, will try to find a way to fix it

Ok i will upload the files

Here's the pic, In the mouth there're no teeth but something white. and look at the neck, it appears more if i use other mouth sliders(combination), only using one in this pic

ireZ3ys2frpcA.png

Try this, It has new headmasks and the mouthfile is from my ECE mod, it should fit pretty well. I'm still looking into it, but for some unknown reason the mouthhumanfchargen file you gave me explodes with the expression morphs....

attachicon.gifZGGBCustom_build_9.20.rar

Thanks a lot for you help, I will upload my files as soon as i can, having a electricity outage and as soon as it'll come i'll find and upload the files

EDIT: You must be using some kind of moded mouth file, right now I'm trying to build a new one with the morphs from your files instead of the ones I had ready, strange thing is your file is missing the Big Aah morph.... will try to create an entirely new morph, but can't promise it will work.

Might be of some help, I think the ZAZ animation pack includes .tri files without the BigAah morph so the mod can open the players mouth when a gag is equipped. Somehow it is scripted but I couldn't figure it out. He had figured out a way to bypass the messed up phoneme's in 1.9 using scripting. Mabey someone should get in touch with the modder who made the ZAZ animation pack and find out how he did it. There must be a way to reintroduce the phoneme's without using showracemenu.

Might be of some help, I think the ZAZ animation pack includes .tri files without the BigAah morph so the mod can open the players mouth when a gag is equipped. Somehow it is scripted but I couldn't figure it out. He had figured out a way to bypass the messed up phoneme's in 1.9 using scripting. Mabey someone should get in touch with the modder who made the ZAZ animation pack and find out how he did it. There must be a way to reintroduce the phoneme's without using showracemenu.

That might be it, If he created a new mouthhumanf.tri file and messed with the vertex order then it might be incompatible with the file I just uploaded. Let's hope that's not the case.

Thanks for the info, will see if I can contact him and ask how he did it.

Try this, It has new headmasks and the mouthfile is from my ECE mod, it should fit pretty well. I'm still looking into it, but for some unknown reason the mouthhumanfchargen file you gave me explodes with the expression morphs....

attachicon.gifZGGBCustom_build_9.20.rar

Yeah Its working fine now, Thanks alot.

Can you plz convert this one as well, I'll be really grateful.

ZGGB-R2-U Tri files

Its for my new body mod I'll be releasing in November. It has all the required files even the head masks you were talking about earlier. Again I will be really grateful, Thanks...

CharGen Extension

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36925//?

have new ver.

Yup, thanks for the info. Didn't have time to thoroughly read it but it looks like a great update.

The bad news is that I will have to rework the mod, the good news... well, the mod will be better and since I've been contacted by Seren I will add support for The Ningheim (yay!) 

Will work on this whenever I've got some spare time, so next update might take some time.

CharGen Extension

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36925//?

have new ver.

Yup, thanks for the info. Didn't have time to thoroughly read it but it looks like a great update.

The bad news is that I will have to rework the mod, the good news... well, the mod will be better and since I've been contacted by Seren I will add support for The Ningheim (yay!) 

Will work on this whenever I've got some spare time, so next update might take some time.

New version should be way more compatible with everything, you might even be able to just create sliders for the vanilla morphs and not need anything else.

If the vanilla facial keys (the ones you copied originally) don't work as morphs you can copy them to new files, then extend the source TRI files using a custom morph.ini file.

Archived