Player Facial Expression Redone for 1.9 (WIP)

Aoikun

Intro

As many of you are aware, the latest update broke some of the mfg commands, nothing game-breaking sure, but for me it was a huge drawback. I spend a lot of time taking screenshots and when it comes to characters the expression really makes the difference, so it really annoyed me that we all lost those commands and we were stuck with a portion of what we had. Using the previous patch unfortunately wasn't a viable option (at least for me) so recently I decided that I had to do something about it, so I began working in a way to restore those commands, but after quickly realizing that I had no idea of how could I possibly restore a console command I decided to use an alternative approach, and to some extent (more details bellow) I succeeded.  So here it is the first preview of my attempt to restore the lost mfg commands.

Description

This mod attempts to restore the lost mfg commands through the racemenu . Using CharGen extension (API created by Expire) this mod adds 28 new sliders to the racemenu corresponding to the lost mfg commands. Right now it doesn't include the facial expressions like sad,happy... the reason behind this is because the mfg.expression command still works and also because of some technical restrictions I encountered (more on this in the WIP section). In essence with this mod you will be posing your face (eyes up/down left/right, mouth movements, brows...) directly in the racemenu using sliders located in a new section, making it possible to adjust your expression seeing the changes in real time and combine any number of morphs. Since it's in a separate section you can revert to your original expression by setting all the sliders to 0,  you won't be "breaking" your character.

Limitations, Requirements and Compatibility

Unfortunately this mod comes with some clear limitations, since it uses the racemenu as a workaround, changing the facial expression of NPCs ,while not impossible, can be quite time consuming, and I don't think I will be able to do anything about it. I want to test a few tricks I have in mind that could help speed up the process a bit.  Another limitation is that currently it only works for females excluding Khajiits and Argonians. This is mainly because my current character is a human female, and because males have beards, which means more morphs and since the conformulator hates me that would mean a lot of extra work (and I'm pretty lazy)

CharGen extension Core and SKSE are required.

It is incompatible with any mod that adds/modifies this files : femaleheadchargen.tri - eyesfemalechargen.tri - femalebrowschargen.tri - femaleheadmaskleftsidechargen.tri  and femaleheadmaskrightsidechargen.tri 

SCREENS

Here are some screens of the results, more will come and if someone is skeptical this is on 1.9 I can figure out some way to prove it.

No modifications

35052.jpg

Demo: mouth sightly opened, eyes up/left and blink 

35053.jpg

35054.jpg

The menu 

35055.jpg

UPDATE

Thanks to Expired's update to his CharGen Extension I managed to get all the expressions working, there are 2 main types, Moods and Dialogue expressions. Moods are what you got with the mfg commands, and dialogue expressions are the same but they just don't affect the mouth. As you can see you can mix and match them, something we didn't have before.

35081.jpg

35082.jpg

WIP

So here I will post features I would like to add and things I could use some help on.

The first thing I would like to add is support for males, but that will depend on how many free time I have and if the conformulator decides to create usable tris.  Another thing I would like to add is new facial morphs, adding things like a mouth open with the tongue sticking out is feasible and I had one quick iteration on this working ingame, but not on my top priority list. The morphs could use some cleaning to save space and unclutter the menu, things like merging the eyes left/right slider so going negative is left and positive right.

I would like to add the anger, sad, puzzled... expressions, but here I encountered some unexpected problems. When I added all the morphs expressions worked and all was great, but the sliders located on the lower end of the menu didn't work at all. I thought the morphs might be missing, but they were all there in Blender and working, as I said I decided to move on and just forget about them for the moment, but here's what I think might be the cause: got to possibilities, CharGen extension can only handle a limited number of sliders, this seems unlikely tho, and the other one is that for ,some reason, Skyrim can't read over 175 morphs in a tri file, the 176 and over won't work at all. I would like some help here, if anyone knows more about this, feel free to post. 

What I would really like to do is store all this morphs in a separate and independent tri file, not only because it would help with possible morph limit issue, but also to maximize compatibility. As far as I know, CharGen Extension only reads the sliders from chargen.tri files, and probably there's no way to get my morphs on a separate tri file, but again, if anyone knows how, please let me know. I know RaceMenu allows the creation of new categories and new sliders, but don't really know how to do it and if it can help with this, maybe someone more knowledgeable can enlighten me.

Another thing I could is some help is contacting with Expired and the ECE team. I will try to find them myself but if anyone can point them out to this thread it would be great. Also I'm not sure but I think the ECE team had a website or something, I believe it was in Japanese but even though I'd rather use English I don't mind writing  in Japanese, I will try to contact them on the Nexus but I would appreciate if anyone can point me to their homesite  too, just in case.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

This is a BETA version, which means that things might (and probably will) not work, so I need you to carefully read the instructions. 

Requirements

Expired's ChatGen extension is required, which means that SKSE is required too.

This is the first BETA so right now is ECE only, ECE is required too.

RaceMenu is recommended but this should work without it too, this is one of the things I want to test so I would like to know if people are having trouble to get it to work without it. 

Install Instructions

First make sure you meet the requirements, then I need you to backup your files. I can't stress this enough, please backup your files because if case things go FUBAR you  will be able to rollback. So go to Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\ and BACKUP these files: femaleheadchargen.tri and eyesfemalechargen.tri. Now go to Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\mouth\ and BACKUP mouthhumanfchargen.tri. Do the same in Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\faceparts\ to femaleheadbrowschargen.trifemaleheadmaskleftsidechargen.tri and femaleheadmaskrightsidechargen.tri

The install itself is rather easy, just merge the data folder and overwrite when prompted. I will recommend going to Data\SKSE\Plugins\ and opening with the notepad chargen.ini to adjust the value of fSliderMultiplier to something like 2 or 1. What this will do is setting the max value of the sliders, 1 is the max value for the morphs and recommended one, anything over it will mean that you will be morphing past the 100% expression and in most cases will mean horrible clipping and deformation of the face, but depending on the slider you might want to go just a bit over 1. 

Remember, this is a beta and right now it only works for females of the human races,

NEW!

Updated version of the ECE character expressions, optimized to  work with the latest CharGen estension. Requires CharGen extension core 1-2-2.

ECEchargen_expression_0.9.9.19.rar

Vanilla faces version

This version is for vanilla faces (read non ECE) so ECE is not required and it's not compatible for obvious reasons.

It's female only at the moment and requires CharGen extension core 1-2-2 RaceMenu is recommended.

chargen_expressionvanilla_v0.8.09.05.rar

Vanilla Males version

Version for vanilla males with all the beards working (hopefully). As usual it requires CharGen extension core 1-2-2 and RaceMenu is recommended.

chargen_expression_0.8.9.10.rar

Ethereal Elven Overhaul compatibility patch

Here's the patch for Nuska's EEO. You have to install either the ECE or Vanilla version of this mod and then install this patch.

Chargen_expressionEEOPatchonly_0.9.9.19.rar 

Here's a pack with all the files needed, males and females included for those who use the vanilla version.

Chargen_expressionEEOFullpack_0.9.9.19.rar

If you wanna use ECE with EEO, copy femaleheadchargen.tri and maleheadcustomizations.tri from Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets to Data\meshes\actors\character\Ethereal and overwrite 

OUTRO

​To finish I would like to thank Expired and the ECE team  for their mods which made this possible 

It's a bit Off Topic but I posted this on the adult section because initially I thought it could feature nude/mature content, and it might in the future, this way I don't have to worry about what I show, but if anyone feels this doesn't belong here at all i will understand it (don't know if I can relocate a thread tho)

Tell me what you think in the comments bellow and bear in mind this is a WIP, I can't promise I will get permission to post it and my time to work on it is limited, so let me know If you want to help. 

This looks really good and promising! Especially the menu and all of those sliders. :)

I don't think you need Expired's permission since CharGen Extension Core is an API for adding morph files after all.

And I also don't think RaceMenu is required for it to work, you should just try to disable it and see if it works. :P

Yup, don't need my permission. It's an API free for all to use. It also doesn't require RaceMenu. CharGen injects the category and sliders into the internal RaceMenu class. It will load them as if they were part of the game to begin with, meaning it will work for all RaceMenu variants including vanilla. Though I highly recommend RaceMenu.

Merging existing expressions into CharGen is actually a pretty straight forward process, you should be able to do it all with one tool and a little bit of file renaming. You basically just extract the TRI's that contain the vertex diffs, rename them as if they were a new CharGen slider, then compile them into the main TRI.

You may have noticed already that some of them don't work, this is due to an internal limit I discovered after making an ECE-CharGen patch where a large number of sliders only partially worked, the limit per TRI file was 0xB0 morphs (Each preset counted as a morph), I've since patched that limit to 0xFF but I haven't released it yet.

I found it pretty dumb that presets contributed to the limit, honestly it might be better to rename them to CharGen sliders and scrap presets altogether, then you could have partials of presets and you could have like 30 nose/eye/mouth shape sliders and combine presets together, an equivalent to the preset would just be setting one of the sliders all the way to 1.0. Why have all these ugly presets when I could just tune sufficient aspects of the nose and make the presets just tune a bunch of those at once instead.

Messages asking for permissions sent, now let's hope they agree. 

This looks really good and promising! Especially the menu and all of those sliders. :)

I don't think you need Expired's permission since CharGen Extension Core is an API for adding morph files after all.

And I also don't think RaceMenu is required for it to work, you should just try to disable it and see if it works. :P

I also think there shouldn't be any issue, still sent him a short message just to let him know. The ECE team, on the other hand might deny it. They seem pretty strict about their permission policy and they actually say that they don't give permission to distribute their tri files. Still, I wrote them a lengthy message both in English and Japanese (which took me more time than it should have) trying to explain myself and hopefully they will agree. If they don't give me permission I can still release a version using the vanilla tris (or any other for that matter) and I will post a DIY tutorial explaining how to make a ECE compatible version, will try to make it as easy as possible (providing tools, morphs...) but it will still be a pain in the ass, so let's hope they just give me permission.

Good to see someone working on this, now if Bethesda would  get off there ass and fix what they broke

Yeah, my solution is flawless at best but I realized that Bethesda will never fix this as it is a low priority bug on a game they are not developing for anymore, so this is the best I could come up with. I would like to be proven wrong tho, loved so much those commands.....

EDIT

Thanks for your answer Expired! 

That was what I did, I didn't know how to work with tris but a link to the Nexus wiki, which btw was down (tkx google web cache) helped me out. So I extracted all the expressions and did that, renamed them to match your API naming conventions and injected them unto the femaleheadchargen.tri. I soon discovered that I if I used the same number on the morph I could make the mouth or the eyes move with the rest of the face. 

And yeah I found about the limit the hard way, since I am new to tris and this stuff I didn't know if I simply screwed up or what, and that's why I ended up leaving the whole facial expression aside, though I would like to include them so you can mix them, something you couldn't do with the commands. The only problem I encountered was the conformulator, don't really know why (probably ECE's fault) but creating the whole tri with it didn't work because the brows would clip trough the face before starting chaging anything on the racemenu. What I did was using it to create a dummy file containing all the new slider morphs, then extract those and inject them on the good tris (the one that come with ECE), but It's kinda annoying because I still don't understand why it doesn't work.

I also think there shouldn't be any issue, still sent him a short message just to let him know. The ECE team, on the other hand might deny it. They seem pretty strict about their permission policy and they actually say that they don't give permission to distribute their tri files. Still, I wrote them a lengthy message both in English and Japanese (which took me more time than it should have) trying to explain myself and hopefully they will agree. If they don't give me permission I can still release a version using the vanilla tris (or any other for that matter) and I will post a DIY tutorial explaining how to make a ECE compatible version, will try to make it as easy as possible (providing tools, morphs...) but it will still be a pain in the ass, so let's hope they just give me permission.

Oh boy, hopefully I won't need to know Japanese to get permission either. I recompiled the ECE sliders into CharGen-based sliders, which pretty much eliminates the need for ECE except for the meshes (I wrote a python script because naming hundreds of files would've sucked hard). I haven't released them because I haven't sought permission yet. I also don't particularly agree with the methods ECE used to implement the sliders which lead me to create CharGen in the first place. Functionally it performs in the same manner, just in a much cleaner way than loading the diffs and merging them all onto a NoseType preset and forcing that nose preset to be used.

Edit: I just uploaded the limit patch on the CharGen mod page.

Oh boy, hopefully I won't need to know Japanese to get permission either. I recompiled the ECE sliders into CharGen-based sliders, which pretty much eliminates the need for ECE except for the meshes (I wrote a python script because naming hundreds of files would've sucked hard). I haven't released them because I haven't sought permission yet. I also don't particularly agree with the methods ECE used to implement the sliders which lead me to create CharGen in the first place. Functionally it performs in the same manner, just in a much cleaner way than loading the diffs and merging them all onto a NoseType preset and forcing that nose preset to be used.

Well, they mention that you can't distribute the tri files to make compatibility patches for custom races (or something along those lines) so as long as as you don't include the meshes and just point to their download... but who knows. 

Thanks for the patch, downloaded and I will see if I can add some expressions too. All the renaming that is  required is pretty tedious so I will probably continue tomorrow.

Update:

The me from the past (that is yesterday) was clever enough to leave all the unused expression morphs ready with their _0 and _1 versions so it might take less time than I thought. I would like to know if the _0 morph is when the slider ingame is at -1 or is it when it is at 0? If it's the later I won't even bother merging the eye morphs, but if it's the other way around it might be worth doing it so you can move the eyes left and right with a single slider,even though the increase on the morph limit made this less of a priority.

Well, they mention that you can't distribute the tri files to make compatibility patches for custom races (or something along those lines) so as long as as you don't include the meshes and just point to their download... but who knows. 

Thanks for the patch, downloaded and I will see if I can add some expressions too. All the renaming that is  required is pretty tedious so I will probably continue tomorrow.

Update:

The me from the past (that is yesterday) was clever enough to leave all the unused expression morphs ready with their _0 and _1 versions so it might take less time than I thought. I would like to know if the _0 morph is when the slider ingame is at -1 or is it when it is at 0? If it's the later I won't even bother merging the eye morphs, but if it's the other way around it might be worth doing it so you can move the eyes left and right with a single slider,even though the increase on the morph limit made this less of a priority.

_0 represents the negative values. Though it's not really that way, all morphs are actually 0 to 100%. When you go to negative it's actually just raising the value of a different morph. I've altered CharGen to hide the upper or lower bound if they don't exist, so it's no longer necessary to add morphs you don't actually have morphs for. Like if your morph only has an upper bound you don't need a blank _0 and only need _1, in the UI it'll show 0 to 1.0 (Multiplied by the ini multiplier). I'll upload this change sometime later, I implemented it a few minutes ago realizing that I shouldn't waste morph slots on morphs that do nothing. I experimented with Eye/Nose/Lip shape presets by converting them to CharGen sliders. Presets are essentially normal morphs but unset the other morph from 1 to 0 and set the new morph from 0 to 1. Changing them to CharGen morphs allows you to set fractions of multiple presets, though obviously setting too many at once results in serious clipping, and there are no inverse options.

The slider more or less is represented like this:

[ Extra_X_0 | Extra_X_1 ]

Great news!Who cares about Bethesda's bug fixes if there are so many devoted modders out there.I 'll be looking forward to this.On a side note, is it possible to further expand this mod by applying the expresions by using spells and mcm so as to avoid the appearance of racemenu?

Intro

As many of you are aware, the latest update broke some of the mfg commands, nothing game-breaking sure, but for me it was a huge drawback. I spend a lot of time taking screenshots and when it comes to characters the expression really makes the difference, so it really annoyed me that we all lost those commands and we were stuck with a portion of what we had. Using the previous patch unfortunately wasn't a viable option (at least for me) so recently I decided that I had to do something about it, so I began working in a way to restore those commands, but after quickly realizing that I had no idea of how could I possibly restore a console command I decided to use an alternative approach, and to some extent (more details bellow) I succeeded.  So here it is the first preview of my attempt to restore the lost mfg commands.

Description

This mod attempts to restore the lost mfg commands through the racemenu . Using CharGen extension (API created by Expire) this mod adds 28 new sliders to the racemenu corresponding to the lost mfg commands. Right now it doesn't include the facial expressions like sad,happy... the reason behind this is because the mfg.expression command still works and also because of some technical restrictions I encountered (more on this in the WIP section). In essence with this mod you will be posing your face (eyes up/down left/right, mouth movements, brows...) directly in the racemenu using sliders located in a new section, making it possible to adjust your expression seeing the changes in real time and combine any number of morphs. Since it's in a separate section you can revert to your original expression by setting all the sliders to 0,  you won't be "breaking" your character.

Limitations, Requirements and Compatibility

Unfortunately this mod comes with some clear limitations, since it uses the racemenu as a workaround, changing the facial expression of NPCs ,while not impossible, can be quite time consuming, and I don't think I will be able to do anything about it. I want to test a few tricks I have in mind that could help speed up the process a bit.  Another limitation is that currently it only works for females excluding Khajiits and Argonians. This is mainly because my current character is a human female, and because males have beards, which means more morphs and since the conformulator hates me that would mean a lot of extra work (and I'm pretty lazy)

CharGen extension Core and SKSE are required. Now the fun begins, I don't really now if RaceMenu is also required, and ECE is probably required too, as I used tri files from that mod to make it compatible, so at least is recommended. Since I created this to use it myself it works on my setup, which is RaceMenu+ECE with other 25549087576,4578 mods that shouldn't (yep, I'm not sure) be relevant.

It is incompatible with any mod that adds/modifies this files : femaleheadchargen.tri - eyesfemalechargen.tri - femalebrowschargen.tri - femaleheadmaskleftsidechargen.tri  and femaleheadmaskrightsidechargen.tri 

Hopefully ECE won't receive updates that make changes on those files, otherwise my files will need to be updated too. 

SCREENS

Here are some screens of the results, more will come and if someone is skeptical this is on 1.9 I can figure out some way to prove it.

No modifications

35052.jpg

Demo: mouth sightly opened, eyes up/left and blink 

35053.jpg

35054.jpg

The menu 

35055.jpg

WIP

So here I will post features I would like to add and things I could use some help on.

The first thing I would like to add is support for males, but that will depend on how many free time I have and if the conformulator decides to create usable tris.  Another thing I would like to add is new facial morphs, adding things like a mouth open with the tongue sticking out is feasible and I had one quick iteration on this working ingame, but not on my top priority list. The morphs could use some cleaning to save space and unclutter the menu, things like merging the eyes left/right slider so going negative is left and positive right.

I would like to add the anger, sad, puzzled... expressions, but here I encountered some unexpected problems. When I added all the morphs expressions worked and all was great, but the sliders located on the lower end of the menu didn't work at all. I thought the morphs might be missing, but they were all there in Blender and working, as I said I decided to move on and just forget about them for the moment, but here's what I think might be the cause: got to possibilities, CharGen extension can only handle a limited number of sliders, this seems unlikely tho, and the other one is that for ,some reason, Skyrim can't read over 175 morphs in a tri file, the 176 and over won't work at all. I would like some help here, if anyone knows more about this, feel free to post. 

What I would really like to do is store all this morphs in a separate and independent tri file, not only because it would help with possible morph limit issue, but also to maximize compatibility. As far as I know, CharGen Extension only reads the sliders from chargen.tri files, and probably there's no way to get my morphs on a separate tri file, but again, if anyone knows how, please let me know. I know RaceMenu allows the creation of new categories and new sliders, but don't really know how to do it and if it can help with this, maybe someone more knowledgeable can enlighten me.

Another thing I could is some help is contacting with Expired and the ECE team. I will try to find them myself but if anyone can point them out to this thread it would be great. Also I'm not sure but I think the ECE team had a website or something, I believe it was in Japanese but even though I'd rather use English I don't mind writing  in Japanese, I will try to contact them on the Nexus but I would appreciate if anyone can point me to their homesite  too, just in case.

WTF! Y U NO DOWNLOAD?!

This is a WIP, and though I wasn't sure if anyone would want this mod I decided to share it, so a download is coming, but first I need to get permissions and all that stuff, so I can't promise. This would be my first public mod, and I'm considering releasing it on the Nexus so It might take some time while I learn how to setup everything.I will definitely add a download here too for those of you that can't/don't want to use the Nexus, that is if  the mod authors I have to ask permission for allow me to upload it to both sites. I know it sucks, but I want to do this right so be patient.

OUTRO

​To finish I would like to thank Expired and the ECE team  for their mods which made this possible 

It's a bit Off Topic but I posted this on the adult section because initially I thought it could feature nude/mature content, and it might in the future, this way I don't have to worry about what I show, but if anyone feels this doesn't belong here at all i will understand it (don't know if I can relocate a thread tho)

Tell me what you think in the comments bellow and bear in mind this is a WIP, I can't promise I will get permission to post it and my time to work on it is limited, so let me know If you want to help. 

at last  i can enjoy the smile of my dovakhiin again  T-T  thxxxx  alootttt

and would u mind to share what mod u use to make ur character ? especially, skin texture, body and face mod, i love her truly a beauty   ^,^

_0 represents the negative values. Though it's not really that way, all morphs are actually 0 to 100%. When you go to negative it's actually just raising the value of a different morph. I've altered CharGen to hide the upper or lower bound if they don't exist, so it's no longer necessary to add morphs you don't actually have morphs for. Like if your morph only has an upper bound you don't need a blank _0 and only need _1, in the UI it'll show 0 to 1.0 (Multiplied by the ini multiplier). I'll upload this change sometime later, I implemented it a few minutes ago realizing that I shouldn't waste morph slots on morphs that do nothing. I experimented with Eye/Nose/Lip shape presets by converting them to CharGen sliders. Presets are essentially normal morphs but unset the other morph from 1 to 0 and set the new morph from 0 to 1. Changing them to CharGen morphs allows you to set fractions of multiple presets, though obviously setting too many at once results in serious clipping, and there are no inverse options.

The slider more or less is represented like this:

[ Extra_X_0 | Extra_X_1 ]

Oh god, you're just too awesome... can't wait to get my hands on that, as you said it felt like a waste to have a blank morph for each expression, but the real deal for me is that with this the number of lines I'll have to write will go down a 50%, making the overall process a lot faster (I'm excited because I'm lazy, just in case you wondered). 

Happy to see that it wasn't me the only one that missed those commands, I'd like to add custom expression morphs in the future, like a decent smile and such, but it will depend on several factors, as I'm not used to work with blender and getting  the morphs on 3ds max seems a bit more troublesome. 

As for what mods I'm using for my char, common stuff: ECE, SG Renewal and The Eyes of Beauty for the face, the hair is also in SG hair pack BUT that one has the hairline a bit higher, mine can be found in one of the other packs floating around this site, but dunno which one. As for the body in that screen I was using 7b, again SG textures the only thing I might mention is that the normal map for the body is custom made by me so that one can't be found.

Oh, and I have no idea which ENB I'm using (and I don't really like how it looks there). Recently I decided to do some tests and have been swapping them around, might be K ENB.

EDIT: Posted a small update of the progress, check it out. It's on the main post.

Yes.

YES.

This is almost to Skyrim what edialog was to Oblivion.

Would it be possible to call the facegen functions outside of the race menu? This would allow for a menu based edialog-kind-of-thing as it was in Oblivion.

Too bad about it being too hard to implement for NPCs though...

This is wonderful!   Once you have the basic expressions though we need to package them up into a framework that can be called or make the scripting that does this available for use in other mods so it can be used in all the mods that could use expressions to help immersion.

Yes.

YES.

This is almost to Skyrim what edialog was to Oblivion.

Would it be possible to call the facegen functions outside of the race menu? This would allow for a menu based edialog-kind-of-thing as it was in Oblivion.

Too bad about it being too hard to implement for NPCs though...

I would like to do that too, but i don't really know if that's possible. As far as I know there's no way to call a function to change a character's facegen, or at least I don't know of any mod that does something similar. It would be like having a script that changes your mouth type or nose or whatever, I don't know if that's possible. What I'd like to do is to have all the expressions in a new chargen.tri that only contains the base and the morphs for the expressions, as that would deal with compatibility issues and adding updates/new content would be much easier too, but again I don't know if that's possible, expired would be the expert here as I have no idea how the hell does it work (my guess: black magic).

About NPCs, the problem is the new sliders only show up ingame, so you can't use them on the CK to modify NPC expressions. There's some sort of workaround though, using Alternate Actors. I just have checked it out and it seems that now it actually remembers the changes you did to 10 actors, so using it you would just have to take control over the desired NPC and use showracemenu as you would with your character. This is great news, didn't know that mod had that function, I'm going to test it out and see if it works

May be an unrelated question but is there a way to move my PC's mouth like she pretends talking? If there's anything you can do about it please let me know. Other than that great job on the mfg commands. It was about time someone got his hands on this. Keep up the good work.

There's the say command that still works, you can find examples of it if you do some research, but with my mod definitely yes. As you can see in the screens there's an individual slider for each sound (Aah, Ee, Oh , FV...) using and combining those you can pose your character like is talking, but it will be static. If you want the whole animation then you have to use the say command.

May be an unrelated question but is there a way to move my PC's mouth like she pretends talking? If there's anything you can do about it please let me know. Other than that great job on the mfg commands. It was about time someone got his hands on this. Keep up the good work.

There's the say command that still works, you can find examples of it if you do some research, but with my mod definitely yes. As you can see in the screens there's an individual slider for each sound (Aah, Ee, Oh , FV...) using and combining those you can pose your character like is talking, but it will be static. If you want the whole animation then you have to use the say command.

I was talking about an infinite talk without sounds or anything. I know about the say command but they were too short :( I hope I can work it out with your mod. 

About NPCs, the problem is the new sliders only show up ingame, so you can't use them on the CK to modify NPC expressions. There's some sort of workaround though, using Alternate Actors. I just have checked it out and it seems that now it actually remembers the changes you did to 10 actors, so using it you would just have to take control over the desired NPC and use showracemenu as you would with your character. This is great news, didn't know that mod had that function, I'm going to test it out and see if it works

Actually, regarding the CK, you could just directly edit the actor's facegen trishapes in Blender. This mod has a guide to do that. You basically export the trishapes as obj, edit them in blender, then re-insert them in the nif.

To give them a certain expression you'd just transfer the morph to the imported obj as a shapekey, then set it to the desired level, affecting the base, which would be the actor's face.

It's still too much work to just freeze an NPC in a phoneme or modifier though...

Regarding a command to apply a certain morph outside of the race menu. What about SKSE?

Can't the same functions that work inside Race Menu be used outside of it?

Archived