Player Facial Expression Redone for 1.9 (WIP)

Aoikun

i hit showracemenu  there are no extra, i have ECE,showracemenu  (not chargen)

CharGen Estension is absolutely REQUIRED under all circumstances, period. Without it you won't have the extra category or the sliders.

I will try to finish the vanilla version asap, the guys not using ECE, are you using another mod that changes the chargen? What I want to know is if you use any mod that modifies the tri files included here, to make them compatible.

@Kolosos

I agree with you, I'd rather stay with 1.8 but the problem is that too many people have moved on, SkyUI, SKSE, and many others, that's why I decided to do this, but yeah, I don't necessarily like it.

I've only recently heard of this project. Sounds very interesting. I'm one of those individuals who have chosen to remain with V.1.8, not simply because of facial expressions (though that's also one of the reasons) but simply because it works perfectly fine without any issues. My only reason to upgrade to 1.9 would be for the recent mod updates that requires it and the latest SKSE.

However, having this mod working would certainly be a big incentive to upgrade though. So I'll be watching this closely.

P.S. I hope you would be willing to implement the features for males as well, because that's what I play. I'm propbably one of the few male Skyrim players who don't use Skyrim for cover girl poses and cute facial expressions, but I do want the ability to make expressive and intense expressions for my characters. Anyway, thanks for taking this on.

As I said, I'd rather stay with 1.8 too (actually I have a complete backup of my game before upgrading) but too many mods became 1.9 only. 

As for male support, yeah I want to get there , my first playtrough was with a old beardy male Nord that was totally badass (until my save game bloated...). The problem is beards. It's not really a problem but they require a little extra work and I need to know if you are using any mod that add new beards to include it and make it compatible. 

Probably a stupid question but I just want to be really clear, can I use Chargen with ECE and still be able to have the expression sliders? Or do I just dump ECE and move on to Chargen. Because I'm somewhat hesitant that I'd lose the progress I've already made into creating my character with ECE.

@Kolosos: If I understand you correctly, you prefer that features developed for the 1.9 would be made backward compatible with version 1.8. I support this too, but having little to no technical knowledge I have no idea if this is possible, meaning, whether there are actually changes in the 1.9 exe or version of the game that makes it mandatory for further development of SKSE and SKSE based mod. Ideally, I too would like to see SKSE backward compatible, and have often wondered why it is only restricted to the latest version. Does the 1.9 version really offer the ideal condition for mod development ? I certainly have no idea.

@Aoikun: There aren't a lot of beard mods that I'm aware of, and even if there are, I'd be willing to sacrifice them in exchange for facial expression controls. Thanks for considering it.

Probably a stupid question but I just want to be really clear, can I use Chargen with ECE and still be able to have the expression sliders? Or do I just dump ECE and move on to Chargen. Because I'm somewhat hesitant that I'd lose the progress I've already made into creating my character with ECE.

Use the new version of ECE instead. It has the expression sliders built in already, so you don't need the Chargen and all that. Just uninstall your old ECE, and install the new ECE and you're good to go. The new category is after the Racial Traits.

On a side note, I've been talking with the ECE team and they are working on their own version of this, they have a beta and I'll be testing it and should be somewhere on their blog.  This means that I will probably keep working on the non-ECE versions depending on what they decide to do (they don't know if they will complete the feature).

EDIT: Just did a quick test and their version works like a charm. It's the same thing, but the menu is kinda cleaner and less cluttered. Also you don't need any extra mod, just ECE. Go grab it here . It's the test version, 1.1

how to make this work with ningheim?

1. Install ECE and CME (which should come with the newest version of ECE)

2. You'll need some basic CK knowledge to change the direction from where the Ningheim race loads all it's .tri files for mouth, head, eyes, brows and then add the race to CME_VanillaRaces.ini located in meshes\CharacterMakingExtender.

That should make it work with ECE and should also make it work with this mod if you have it installed.

how to make this work with ningheim?

1. Install ECE and CME (which should come with the newest version of ECE)

2. You'll need some basic CK knowledge to change the direction from where the Ningheim race loads all it's .tri files for mouth, head, eyes, brows and then add the race to CME_VanillaRaces.ini located in meshes\CharacterMakingExtender.

That should make it work with ECE and should also make it work with this mod if you have it installed.

woah unfortunately i cant even make CK running properly on my pc.

it keeps freezing when i tried to launch it.

waiting for the author of ningheim make the patches :D

will... will this work with the new chargen and chargen morphs ece version that was posted today? (a few hour ago)

on the nexus.

No. An update of this mod is needed.

The ECE version won't work with those, and currently I don't have plans to update it because the ECE team is working on their own expression sliders, so unless there's a lot of demand for it (and I don't see why this would happen) I will focus on finishing the vanilla and other versions. It's not much work really, but I don't see the point on doing it now.

Sorry for the lack of activity, got the first vanilla version up for testing in the main page. It requires CharGen core 1-2-2 and it's for females only. 

I don't have the Ningheim race installed, but I will check it's Nexus page to see if I gotta ask for permission to create a compatibility patch, the same goes for EEO which seems to be permission free as long as I credit Nuska, the author.

Back with a new update, in the front page you will find the vanilla males version. 

Just did a quick check to see if the beards and brows/scars were working and everything seems fine, but let me know if anything is broken, the beards alone are 67files  (oh god how I hate them)  so I might have screwed somewhere.

Next will be EEO and I will ask permission to add Ningheim support and prepare to post it in The Nexus, I would like to do a fancy NMM installer with options and all the bells and whistles.

Good to see someone working on this, now if Bethesda would  get off there ass and fix what they broke

I thought Bethesda isn't going to send out anymore fixes. They're finished with Skyrim and moving on....

They apparently are done but they shouldn't have stopped on such a broken note, especially since they had beta testers telling them the expressions were broken before they released. After all what's the point of beta testing if you ignore the testers results and feedback?

Nice work, but it changes the face of my character entirely and i can't make the same face again because the nose and eyes are missing...I hope the future version will solve this issue of mine..

I would need to know which race / character edit mods are you using and what version of this mod, I don't know how it can cause that since everything should go back to how it was if you slide everything back to 0 

you're the best !^^

works fine (ah not exactly but it's my computer not your mod hehe  :P)

Yeah I  know, loading so many morphs can be taxing on some computers, the non ECE versions are more optimized but still...

Nice work, but it changes the face of my character entirely and i can't make the same face again because the nose and eyes are missing...I hope the future version will solve this issue of mine..

I would need to know which race / character edit mods are you using and what version of this mod, I don't know how it can cause that since everything should go back to how it was if you slide everything back to 0 

No the expression slider works fine, I am talking about the tri files, i think I have different tri files(head,mouth,brows etc which overwrites) then yours (which is in the archive). My character's look changes with your Tri files, The expressions themselves work fine.

I am using racemenu mod also have ECE installed..

No the expression slider works fine, I am talking about the tri files, i think I have different tri files(head,mouth,brows etc which overwrites) then yours (which is in the archive). My character's look changes with your Tri files, The expressions themselves work fine.

I am using racemenu mod also have ECE installed..

Ok, if you have ECE installed then I recommend you to go to to Skyrimshot and donwload the test version 1.1 as they have integrated the expression sliders themselves. Let me know if that worked.

Archived