Filthy Heritage - PAH Slavers Home

View File

A slaver playerhome for every hold of Skyrim and Solstheim!

You may have heard the saying that says "the richer, the filthier"... Well... The powerful of Skyrim have been hiding so much...

WELCOME TO FILTHY HERITAGE!

A a PAH slavers home compilation from yours truly, Kadsend!

Okay, so now why you wasted an entire year doing this? (You massive procrastinator)

Well, like every good story, out of nothing. I just got pretty bothered that there are so many player homes in the central area of the map, but none at the  other holds (let's just give a break from Whiterun, okay?) so I developed custom player homes (PAH HSH fully supported, luxurious, lore-friendly) for every major hold and Solstheim, close to or inside every city.

Wonderful! But wait, that means...

Indeed, there are enormous, handcrafted, player homes for every Hold in Skyrim, now! Full with lore, performance optimizations and plenty of "storage". You just need to find them.

Now with new addons!

MME Addon: Adds Milk Mod Economy machines in every slaver home for your daily dose of lactics! (Needs MME)

DOM Addon: Adds DOM Bewitching Tables for the aspiring alchemist! (Needs Diary of MIne)

Working  Slaves Addon: Finally you can make them put to work! Adds working slaves rooms to every Slaver House with different resources to be aquired! (Needs NS Working Slaves)

HOW TO FIND THEM:

It isn't a secret, but:

As the name of the mod clearly says, it's filthy heritage from the past, since as we all know, slave labour is the foundation of most cultures in the world.

But the respective current leaders and powerful people know. And are ashamed of their past.

Only silent letters speak about this nowadays...

HOW TO WORK THEM (ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU INSTALLED THE WORKING SLAVES ADDON AND ITS REQUIREMENT):

Inside every Filthy Heritage slaver home, there's a working slaves room! Thanks to Noonsen, we developed a way that the production of items is fixed, so you only need to wait for the quest to fully load and give you the "WS Manage Slaves" conjuration spell, then use that to put them to work; your harvested resources will appear in a "Production Chest". Using the same spell will release the slave and give them back to PAH or DOM.

CLUES:

Spoiler

Windhelm - The Nords used to keep thralls. Ever since the Civil War, some want the custom back... specially the leader.

Falkreath - The Imperials forgot Saint Alessia and enriched with people "trading". And were ruthless, keeping the secret to the grave.

Dawnstar - In the the Hjaalmarch, there's an ancient secret that the Dark Brotherhood really is threatening the Jarl not to reveal.

Morthal - the Pale are full of mysteries and secrets hidden in the fog. Ancient lairs, forgotten prisons.

Markarth - The Dwemer in the rocks kept Falmer and maybe other races for their menial labour. The Jarl doesn't respect history.

Riften - Not too long ago, a speacially nasty despot wes known for not treating well their subjects. The powerful and rich keep his secret in his private collection.

Raven Rock - The house Dres may have not managed to stay in the Mainland, they left their mark in the Island. Of course, they are trying to keep it quiet with house Redoran.

Winterhold - Powerful Sorcerers bent the reality at their will, and wishes. Leaving their morals at side in pursuit of power an knowledge

Whiterun - Skyforge steel is not the only thing than ran like liquid gold in the tundra. The lawful Jarl finally ascended to the throne and now is sending a messenger that's going to end it once and for all.
Solitude - Vampires have heightened senses, specially old court sorceresses, she may have been sensing issues with the castle.

All of that sounds wonderful but...

It is wonderful! It's a full release and the only thing that's kinda lazy is this description...

Hey! I downloaded this and now you flipped up my game!

Whoa, Jeez m8, just relax and post on the comments exactly what's going on! My mod only changes some navmeshing and I tried very hard to make it compatible with everything, what could happen is that may be some funky brightness issues, since I use ENB as you can see on the screenshots above, My save is Ultra Modded, so hopefully it's pretty stable too.

Be polite and I'll listen to you, trust me, I know it's frustrating mods failing and messing up.

OK, the mod is great and all, but may I make a suggestion to improve it?

Feel free to post your suggestion, just mind that I DON'T DO SCRIPTING, don't ask anything that changes how his mod works, I can add NPC's, but that's it, I won't touch on scripting, just did a nifty door trick though!

Hey I like your mod so much that I want to share my screenshots!

I would love to see my player homes "lived in", and if I like it, I will add your screenshot to the list!

ALL MY THANKS TO:

Zaz Animation Pack 8.0+  for the amazing work in everything bondage related!

Miss Corruption for the now integrated HSH Addon that makes the Slavers Homes oh so much more lived in!

Nonseen for the wonderful work with NS Working Slaves and all the help with the addon!

AND BETHESDA GAME STUDIOS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/17/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    Only Zaz Animation Pack 8.0+ and requirements, but it's good if you download the no collision patch for ZAZ. For the addons: Milk Mod Economy SSE, Diary of MIne, NS Working Slaves
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Before anyone asks again, here are the coc commands and locations: (It would be wise to get the keys also).

Riften:

Spoiler

coc riftenSlaveHouse

Off the main street, on the leftmost street, near the wall, the entrance is a sewer gutter, listen for the sewer sounds.

Key:

The main key is located on Maven Black-Briar house, on a shelf.

Whiterun:

Spoiler

coc whiterunSlaveHouse

On the left side of Dragonsreach Castle, you should be getting a location marker.

Key:

It's a bit of a wild goose chase, but to cut it short, you just really need a key located on the boss chamber of Fort Greymoor called "Jarl's Strogbox Key" and then get the house key inside a strongbox on the Western Watchtower.

Windhelm:

Spoiler

coc windhelmSlaveHouse

It's pretty easy to find: Just go to the Palace of the Old Kings courtyard and on the right you should find a door leading to a place called "Ysgramor's Wing".

Key:

The door key is located on the Windhelm Barracks, on the lowest part of a shelf.

Winterhold:

Spoiler

coc winterholdSlaveHouse

You must be the archamage to proceed correctly, since the portal entrance is on the top of the archmage tower of the College of Winterhold, but if somewhat you do not want this one, there's an entrance north of the Skytemple Ruins. Anyhow, you need the key.

Key:

The main key is located on top of the railing of the tower, with a note beside; it's called "Glowing Key".

Morthal:

Spoiler

coc morthalSlaveHouse

Near the road going to the north, you will find a place called "Fortress of Wails", next to it there are two dead Morthal guards and a charred corpse. Warning: Prepare for a fight.

Key:

On Highmon Hall, on a table on the Jarl Quarters.

Dawnstar:

Spoiler

coc dawnstarSlaveHouse

It's very near to the Dawnstar Sanctuary, if you follow the coastline south. there will be a new location called "Cellhouse of Shackles".

Key:

The White Hall, on a table on the Jarl Sleeping Quarters.

Solitude:

Spoiler

coc solitudeSlaveHouse

To the north of the Blue Palace, it will have a door called "Wolf Queen's Cursed Realm". Again, prepare for a fight.

Key:

Inside the blue Palace, on Sybille Stentor's night table; with a note. It's called "Ethereal Key".

Falkreath:

Spoiler

coc falkreathSlaveHouse

To the South of the city, loo for a place called "Old Colovian Outpost".

Key:

On the graveyard, look for an unremovable imperial heavy helmet on the ground with a strongbox beside it. Inside the strongbox is the key.

Markarth:

Spoiler

coc markarthSlaveHouse

To the right of the entrance to the Understone Keep, called "Nchuand-Zel's Jailhouse".

Key:

Inside the UnderstoneKeep and near Calcelmo's trinkets. It's called "Nchuand-Zel Forbidden Key".

Raven Rock:

Spoiler

coc DLC2RRSlaveHouse

Following the road West of Raven Rock, should be called "House Dres Mansion".

Key:

Go to the Morvary Manor Chambers, it should be on a desk, with a letter near it. The name is "House Dres Key" (creative).

Edited by kadsend

So, another player house mod. But what makes it special? Some pictures to illustrate what is this all about would be nice in order to give a feeling for it. I mean the description's fine and all but I got bored by the end of the first paragraph and just skipped to the requirements, because there's a lot of fluff but little substance in it.

Edited by belegost
17 minutes ago, belegost said:

So, another player house mod. But what makes it special? Some pictures to illustrate what is this all about would be nice in order to give a feeling for it. I mean the description's fine and all but I got bored by the end of the first paragraph and just skipped to the requirements, because there's a lot of fluff but little substance in it.

There are no houses there, there are doors with separate locations.For example, on the left side of the Dragonsreach there is a built-in activator door, here is such a "house". Inside is almost a copy of Dragonsreach with a swimming pool and several rooms-locations and with zaz devices.

1 hour ago, gender65 said:

There are no houses there, there are doors with separate locations.For example, on the left side of the Dragonsreach there is a built-in activator door, here is such a "house". Inside is almost a copy of Dragonsreach with a swimming pool and several rooms-locations and with zaz devices.

See, there's the problem. Description doesn't really give an impression of that.

Edited by belegost

The ones I got to see were very well done (saw all but Raven Rock and Windhelms). Especially as they can show a good entrance and view of slaves in devices when shortly walking into the homes.

They are big, cover many themes, have just about all the amenities of a good home and all come with a small teleport like system of doors and such to move around quickly.

Most of them i just coc to. So its a little to early to tell on the hunt for obtaining them legitimately but i think the idea of the jarls knowing the secret and searching their place for clues is a good start.

Some small feedback on specific homes.

To me its not a big deal, but I'm just surprised there's no hearthfire planters in any of the homes.

Falkreath's entrance to the slave cell sections could use a ramp from the lake below, it was annoying having to constantly loop around the home to get to it

Riftens teleport door system naming needs done, or it needs to be a bit further from door leading out of the home near it, as it was impossible to tell what door lead where.

Markaths weapons and shields quickly fell down over the throne when passing by

Winterhold's other entrance conflicts with Legacy of the Dragonborn as a Shalidor statue from it completely blocks the portal. Wasn't a fan of this ones main entrance being so far out from the towns compared to the others

I get a crash when going into windhelms

Crash log shows this. I'm pretty novice when it comes to this, so i don't see how a black soul gem is causing a crash

Spoiler

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF6DDF6B24D (SkyrimSE.exe+D3B24D) on thread 15152!

FrameworkName: NetScriptFramework
FrameworkVersion: 15
FrameworkArchitecture: x64
GameLibrary: SkyrimSE
GameLibraryVersion: 18
ApplicationName: SkyrimSE.exe
ApplicationVersion: 1.5.97.0
VersionInfo: Successfully loaded
Time: 18 Jan 2023 04:34:33.643

Possible relevant objects (9)
{
  [  19]    TESSoulGem(Name: `Black Soul Gem`, FormId: 0002E504, File: `WeightLessLegacyAll.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [  40]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 5C0B67D9, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`, BaseForm: TESSoulGem(Name: `Black Soul Gem`, FormId: 0002E504, File: `WeightLessLegacyAll.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
  [ 120]    TESObjectCELL(Name: WindhelmSlaveHouse `Ysgramor's Wing`, FormId: 5C000803, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`)
  [ 143]    BSMultiBoundNode(Name: null)
  [ 153]    TESNPC(FormId: 00089A85, File: `Skyrim.esm`)
  [ 153]    Character(FormId: 5C04188D, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`, BaseForm: TESNPC(FormId: 00089A85, File: `Skyrim.esm`))
  [ 196]    BGSLocation(Name: `Ysgramor's Wing`, FormId: 5C0133F6, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`)
  [ 203]    TESNPC(Name: `Prisoneriii`, FormId: 00000007, File: `esp_classes.esp <- GuildStarter.esp <- Sjel Blad Castle_SE.esp <- Sweetroll Randomization Act.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [ 203]    PlayerCharacter(FormId: 00000014, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Prisoneriii`, FormId: 00000007, File: `esp_classes.esp <- GuildStarter.esp <- Sjel Blad Castle_SE.esp <- Sweetroll Randomization Act.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
}

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF6DDF6B24D     (SkyrimSE.exe+D3B24D)          BSTextureDB::QueuedHandles::unk_D3B210+3D
  [1]   0x7FF6DD3C9D4E     (SkyrimSE.exe+199D4E)          TESModel::unk_199C60+EE
  [2]   0x7FF6DD3C9B32     (SkyrimSE.exe+199B32)          TESModel::unk_199AD0+62
  [3]   0x7FF6DD375E97     (SkyrimSE.exe+145E97)          QueuedCharacter::unk_145DE0+B7
  [4]   0x7FF6DD375D51     (SkyrimSE.exe+145D51)          QueuedReference::unk_145CB0+A1
  [5]   0x7FF6DDF5E63F     (SkyrimSE.exe+D2E63F)          BSQueuedResourceCollectionBase::unk_D2E630+F
  [6]   0x7FF6DDF5DD7E     (SkyrimSE.exe+D2DD7E)          QueuedFile::unk_D2DD50+2E
  [7]   0x7FF6DD377F54     (SkyrimSE.exe+147F54)          unk_147BB0+3A4
  [8]   0x7FF6DD4C416D     (SkyrimSE.exe+29416D)          TESObjectREFR::unk_294000+16D
  [9]   0x7FF6DD4A76B4     (SkyrimSE.exe+2776B4)          unk_277640+74
  [10]  0x7FF6DD4A3107     (SkyrimSE.exe+273107)          unk_273080+87
  [11]  0x7FF6DD497AFF     (SkyrimSE.exe+267AFF)          TESObjectCELL::unk_2679E0+11F
  [12]  0x7FF6DD497D13     (SkyrimSE.exe+267D13)          TESObjectCELL::unk_267C80+93
  [13]  0x7FF6DD3844A8     (SkyrimSE.exe+1544A8)          TES::unk_153F80+528
  [14]  0x7FF6DD8E7006     (SkyrimSE.exe+6B7006)          PlayerCharacter::unk_6B6EB0+156
  [15]  0x7FF6DD8CCBF2     (SkyrimSE.exe+69CBF2)          Actor::unk_69C540+6B2
  [16]  0x7FF6DD7E3048     (SkyrimSE.exe+5B3048)          Main::Update_5B2FF0+58
  [17]  0x7FF6DD7DF4F4     (SkyrimSE.exe+5AF4F4)          MainLoop_5AF3D0+124
  [18]  0x7FF6DD7DCC05     (SkyrimSE.exe+5ACC05)          BSGeometryListCullingProcess::unk_5ACBD0+35
  [19]  0x7FF6DE57B17A     (SkyrimSE.exe+134B17A)         unk_134B05C+11E
  [20]  0x7FFDAE5455A0     (KERNEL32.DLL+155A0)           
  [21]  0x7FFDAFFA485B     (ntdll.dll+485B)               
}

30 minutes ago, alternateaccounts said:

After reading the description I have no idea what this mod does.

It's basicly a bunch of oversized prisons/slavehouses. Unless u plan to have sth like 400 slaves or more, it's useless for u. I downloaded it to check it out, CAO'd it to work with LE, and welp, it's much too much for me

I leave this mod, there are many locations in one esp, especially .In addition to slaves, it will also be a home for numerous followers.. Thanks to the author for his work. It also works for LE, just change it to 43 via CK.

Edited by gender65
7 hours ago, belegost said:

Sorry for the delay. My load order broke and sadly I couldn't send screenshots... But I will fix that eventually. So sorry for the description I wanted to make it lighthearted...

6 hours ago, McLovin3 said:

The ones I got to see were very well done (saw all but Raven Rock and Windhelms). Especially as they can show a good entrance and view of slaves in devices when shortly walking into the homes.

They are big, cover many themes, have just about all the amenities of a good home and all come with a small teleport like system of doors and such to move around quickly.

Most of them i just coc to. So its a little to early to tell on the hunt for obtaining them legitimately but i think the idea of the jarls knowing the secret and searching their place for clues is a good start.

Some small feedback on specific homes.

To me its not a big deal, but I'm just surprised there's no hearthfire planters in any of the homes.

Falkreath's entrance to the slave cell sections could use a ramp from the lake below, it was annoying having to constantly loop around the home to get to it

Riftens teleport door system naming needs done, or it needs to be a bit further from door leading out of the home near it, as it was impossible to tell what door lead where.

Markaths weapons and shields quickly fell down over the throne when passing by

Winterhold's other entrance conflicts with Legacy of the Dragonborn as a Shalidor statue from it completely blocks the portal. Wasn't a fan of this ones main entrance being so far out from the towns compared to the others

I get a crash when going into windhelms

Crash log shows this. I'm pretty novice when it comes to this, so i don't see how a black soul gem is causing a crash

Hide contents

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF6DDF6B24D (SkyrimSE.exe+D3B24D) on thread 15152!

FrameworkName: NetScriptFramework
FrameworkVersion: 15
FrameworkArchitecture: x64
GameLibrary: SkyrimSE
GameLibraryVersion: 18
ApplicationName: SkyrimSE.exe
ApplicationVersion: 1.5.97.0
VersionInfo: Successfully loaded
Time: 18 Jan 2023 04:34:33.643

Possible relevant objects (9)
{
  [  19]    TESSoulGem(Name: `Black Soul Gem`, FormId: 0002E504, File: `WeightLessLegacyAll.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [  40]    TESObjectREFR(FormId: 5C0B67D9, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`, BaseForm: TESSoulGem(Name: `Black Soul Gem`, FormId: 0002E504, File: `WeightLessLegacyAll.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
  [ 120]    TESObjectCELL(Name: WindhelmSlaveHouse `Ysgramor's Wing`, FormId: 5C000803, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`)
  [ 143]    BSMultiBoundNode(Name: null)
  [ 153]    TESNPC(FormId: 00089A85, File: `Skyrim.esm`)
  [ 153]    Character(FormId: 5C04188D, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`, BaseForm: TESNPC(FormId: 00089A85, File: `Skyrim.esm`))
  [ 196]    BGSLocation(Name: `Ysgramor's Wing`, FormId: 5C0133F6, File: `FilthyHeritage.esp`)
  [ 203]    TESNPC(Name: `Prisoneriii`, FormId: 00000007, File: `esp_classes.esp <- GuildStarter.esp <- Sjel Blad Castle_SE.esp <- Sweetroll Randomization Act.esp <- Skyrim.esm`)
  [ 203]    PlayerCharacter(FormId: 00000014, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Prisoneriii`, FormId: 00000007, File: `esp_classes.esp <- GuildStarter.esp <- Sjel Blad Castle_SE.esp <- Sweetroll Randomization Act.esp <- Skyrim.esm`))
}

Probable callstack
{
  [0]   0x7FF6DDF6B24D     (SkyrimSE.exe+D3B24D)          BSTextureDB::QueuedHandles::unk_D3B210+3D
  [1]   0x7FF6DD3C9D4E     (SkyrimSE.exe+199D4E)          TESModel::unk_199C60+EE
  [2]   0x7FF6DD3C9B32     (SkyrimSE.exe+199B32)          TESModel::unk_199AD0+62
  [3]   0x7FF6DD375E97     (SkyrimSE.exe+145E97)          QueuedCharacter::unk_145DE0+B7
  [4]   0x7FF6DD375D51     (SkyrimSE.exe+145D51)          QueuedReference::unk_145CB0+A1
  [5]   0x7FF6DDF5E63F     (SkyrimSE.exe+D2E63F)          BSQueuedResourceCollectionBase::unk_D2E630+F
  [6]   0x7FF6DDF5DD7E     (SkyrimSE.exe+D2DD7E)          QueuedFile::unk_D2DD50+2E
  [7]   0x7FF6DD377F54     (SkyrimSE.exe+147F54)          unk_147BB0+3A4
  [8]   0x7FF6DD4C416D     (SkyrimSE.exe+29416D)          TESObjectREFR::unk_294000+16D
  [9]   0x7FF6DD4A76B4     (SkyrimSE.exe+2776B4)          unk_277640+74
  [10]  0x7FF6DD4A3107     (SkyrimSE.exe+273107)          unk_273080+87
  [11]  0x7FF6DD497AFF     (SkyrimSE.exe+267AFF)          TESObjectCELL::unk_2679E0+11F
  [12]  0x7FF6DD497D13     (SkyrimSE.exe+267D13)          TESObjectCELL::unk_267C80+93
  [13]  0x7FF6DD3844A8     (SkyrimSE.exe+1544A8)          TES::unk_153F80+528
  [14]  0x7FF6DD8E7006     (SkyrimSE.exe+6B7006)          PlayerCharacter::unk_6B6EB0+156
  [15]  0x7FF6DD8CCBF2     (SkyrimSE.exe+69CBF2)          Actor::unk_69C540+6B2
  [16]  0x7FF6DD7E3048     (SkyrimSE.exe+5B3048)          Main::Update_5B2FF0+58
  [17]  0x7FF6DD7DF4F4     (SkyrimSE.exe+5AF4F4)          MainLoop_5AF3D0+124
  [18]  0x7FF6DD7DCC05     (SkyrimSE.exe+5ACC05)          BSGeometryListCullingProcess::unk_5ACBD0+35
  [19]  0x7FF6DE57B17A     (SkyrimSE.exe+134B17A)         unk_134B05C+11E
  [20]  0x7FFDAE5455A0     (KERNEL32.DLL+155A0)           
  [21]  0x7FFDAFFA485B     (ntdll.dll+485B)               
}

Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry, I don't have legacy of dragonborn so I had no idea.

About hearthfire planters, I don't know how to hook the scripts yet. But maybe I have enough time this year to figure out.

There are teleporters for every cell from the main building in the Falkreath home. Sadly, slaves are too stupid to figure out doors I guess, so they have to make all the way around.

Riften teleporting doors and passages are made to be confusing, but if it's too annoying, I will make a patch for it.

Huh... I will see what I can do about markarth

The error seem something from your character "Prisionerii" sweetrool? I have no idea whats going one. Is it always crashing?

Edited by kadsend

I didn't crash when in the Windhelm one but I did the COC console command coc windhelmslavehouse to get into that one so perhaps it could be the load door or load order related or intermittent.  

I'll take the opportunity to review the mod while I'm replying as well, as I had a great time exploring the different places, I used console commands so please note I have no feedback on the placement of entrances.  

Spoilers below if you want to discover for yourself don't read on.  

Spoiler

Though some of the locations are reusing palaces, etc.  Like noted in some previous comments, I've had a chance to explore them all and I love in particular the creativity of the Winterhold one, particularly the other realm areas and the teleportation system.  For Falkreath I like the throne room area.  For Riften I like the outside area, though I don't really like the door to riften jail as for some reason I can't get back into the hideout from it (a conflict perhaps).  I love the bedroom area of the Markarth one.  The other ones are certainly good in their own ways too but the uniqueness of those 3 stand out.  

A range of architecture sets are used from existing structures but modified like the Blue Palace, Dragonsreach, Palace of the Kings, Ragged Flagon, etc.   To snow elf architecture, caves, Dwemer, Redoran, old nordic (ruins) and a bit of College/Midden architecture thrown in, I also loved the used of Apocrypha and Azura's star assets used in my favourite of the homes.   Devices are placed in unique and interesting places in each location with unique features for each.  Like the model catwalk in Riften's hideout in front of the throne or the dancing cages in Falkreath's hideout throneroom and the auction area in that same location's cave area.   

I found a few missing walls in certain locations like whiterun's hideout jail area the first cell on the right, a couple in the winterhold one too from what I remember.  

Some of the places are a bit cavernous and might come across as a bit overwhelming though the labelled doors help with that and in winterhold the teleporters help even more.  I've used the cheat MCM menu mod to mark the thronerooms in some of my favourite places as a teleport location so I can get to them easier as you can name teleport locations with that mod.  A teleport spell would definitely help like with skyrimlazz's home castle mods but isn't as necessary, console commands could always be used too.   

So that's about it, hope some of that info may be useful to the author or others.  I enjoyed the places and thanks to those 3 places I mentioned and their unique features I'll be certainly keeping it in my load order.  I look forward to whatever improvements you may wish to make with it.  Perhaps guards, etc.  

Thankyou if you got to the end of this lengthy rambling review.  LOL.   

Edited by Temmerian
Clarified that this feedback/review is totally based on exploring through console commands I used none of the actual entrance load-doors.
30 minutes ago, Temmerian said:

I didn't crash when in the Windhelm one but I did the COC console command coc windhelmslavehouse to get into that one so perhaps it could be the load door or load order related or intermittent.  

I'll take the opportunity to review the mod while I'm replying as well, as I had a great time exploring the different places, I used console commands so please note I have no feedback on the placement of entrances.  

Spoilers below if you want to discover for yourself don't read on.  

Hide contents

Though some of the locations are reusing palaces, etc.  Like noted in some previous comments, I've had a chance to explore them all and I love in particular the creativity of the Winterhold one, particularly the other realm areas and the teleportation system.  For Falkreath I like the throne room area.  For Riften I like the outside area, though I don't really like the door to riften jail as for some reason I can't get back into the hideout from it (a conflict perhaps).  I love the bedroom area of the Markarth one.  The other ones are certainly good in their own ways too but the uniqueness of those 3 stand out.  

A range of architecture sets are used from existing structures but modified like the Blue Palace, Dragonsreach, Palace of the Kings, Ragged Flagon, etc.   To snow elf architecture, caves, Dwemer, Redoran, old nordic (ruins) and a bit of College/Midden architecture thrown in, I also loved the used of Apocrypha and Azura's star assets used in my favourite of the homes.   Devices are placed in unique and interesting places in each location with unique features for each.  Like the model catwalk in Riften's hideout in front of the throne or the dancing cages in Falkreath's hideout throneroom and the auction area in that same location's cave area.   

I found a few missing walls in certain locations like whiterun's hideout jail area the first cell on the right, a couple in the winterhold one too from what I remember.  

Some of the places are a bit cavernous and might come across as a bit overwhelming though the labelled doors help with that and in winterhold the teleporters help even more.  I've used the cheat MCM menu mod to mark the thronerooms in some of my favourite places as a teleport location so I can get to them easier as you can name teleport locations with that mod.  A teleport spell would definitely help like with skyrimlazz's home castle mods but isn't as necessary, console commands could always be used too.   

So that's about it, hope some of that info may be useful to the author or others.  I enjoyed the places and thanks to those 3 places I mentioned and their unique features I'll be certainly keeping it in my load order.  I look forward to whatever improvements you may wish to make with it.  Perhaps guards, etc.  

Thankyou if you got to the end of this lengthy rambling review.  LOL.   

Thank you for the review! Yeah, I wanted every single one of them to have an uniqueness feeling, but indeed, since I'm using only vanilla meshes, they can feel samey and fit a bit "too equal" to some places (I didn't want seams, those are the bane of my existence and made me waste weeks fixing them.) And after Winterhold, I can say too I've been a little tired and maybe I dropped the ball on the latter ones (Solitude and Whiterun) But in my defence, I prioritized "lore-friendliness" and ease of access and not make them just underground dungeons, that would be boring, so I had my liberties too. 

About the bugs: I'm fixing them as we speak, also adding native support to LotD (Heard the Winterhold door is blocking or being blocked by something from the mod), screenshots coming too, sadly my save broke and was outdated, so I had to make other and get some slaves for it to feel "lived in".

Fixed some navmesh errors too and light flickering issues as much as I could, so expect an update.

I appreciate a lot the feedback, positive and negative :) 

That sounds great, look forward to the updates too, though I'm quite happy with what is already there. 

I feel I should clarify for anyone that may consider my comment about familiarity in some structures as suggesting they are clones, there are only 4 particular rooms where familiar locations were observable to me and they are not clones but a basis for the construction, it's hard to avoid having some familiarity when using some base game assets which is one of the strengths of this mod anyway as it keeps file size small and performance seems good too.   I wouldn't say the quality or creativity of whiterun or solitude is lessened either, I love the bridge over the throne area and the pool in the throne area for whiterun and solitude I like the organisation and the layout of the cells and bedroom areas, I almost feel like a chapel would be good there too with that build set. Perhaps to Dibella, Azura or Mephala.  

I've started populating the places on my save now and it adds even more immersion to the places.

Thanks again for the obvious hard work and time you've already put into this.  

I like this. It adds a massive area to train and house your Dedicated and hardworking volunteers (Slaves). One thing I would like. Can you remove the water in the Markarth slave home? It just seems out of place. (Or at least add enough walkways to get from a to b without trudging through a pool.) 

1 hour ago, LordSpud said:

I like this. It adds a massive area to train and house your Dedicated and hardworking volunteers (Slaves). One thing I would like. Can you remove the water in the Markarth slave home? It just seems out of place. (Or at least add enough walkways to get from a to b without trudging through a pool.) 

Uhm... I can think, the thing I was going is water torture/thermal waters. Also there's a massive river in Markarth...

12 hours ago, kadsend said:

Uhm... I can think, the thing I was going is water torture/thermal waters. Also there's a massive river in Markarth...

Yeah but like to get to anywhere you have to get your socks wet. 

Picture that every time you wanted to go to a different room you have to get your socks wet. 

Haven't yet looked at this mod in-game, but

1 - how many 'properties are provided'

2 - on the subject of access/load doors/teleporters etc, do you have to use multiple HSH 'house tokens' within each 'residence', or does one token cover/encompass the entire building?  

Asking because

- HSH has a limit of 10 'house cells', and

- if a property has internal 'load doors', it means that you need to use one HSH House token, per seperate loaded area, and have to transfer slaves from one cell to another, via PAHE, even if ostensibly only moving them between the internal areas of the same building. 

- So if the mod comes with, say, 10 properties, each with, say, 3 seperate load areas, you'd need 30 HSH house tokens to manage them all, and the HSH limit of 10 precludes that

TIA for whatever help/clues can be provided ?

DQW

So, I saw this listing, and I got really excited. Totally in my wheelhouse for games. 

Started looking around based on the hints in the post, and got rapidly annoyed. used an additem mod to get the "books" and keys and went looking for the entryways to the locations. Finally I  COC'd to each after being frustrated finding some entrances and even more frustrated finding keys. My comments on the locations:

Windhelm - inaccessible due to my use of  mod   "Capital Windhelm Expansion"     I feel this one has the  best design, and it is my fave of the bunch. I'd live there, despire not liking Windhelm itself.

Riften - my second fave. More of a place for fallen nobles turned to criminal bosses running a Slave Trade Empire IMNSHO. Love the outdoors area

Morthal - feels like a place for an underboss to be, but the main entry facing Morthal and being so close would make it unfeasible to move slaves  by land - torches would be seen.

Whiterun - good entry location except it's obviously a "pocket dimension" - no way it would fit into the rest of Dragonsreach. Layout is good except for the "magic water"  (no evident source for it" - not a fan of that sort of water area.

Dawnstar - not a bad design, but most boring. Seems like a facility an underboss of the slaver group would be running. Good location for entrance, though

Falkreath - entrance hard to find due to me using "Great city of Falkreath" mod. An AMAZING piece of level design. Feels like it could be a location for multiple slaver groups to display and sell their wares

Winterhold - entry partially blocked by ice, may be caused by "The Great city of Winterhold" mod. Entry is far away, but makes sense, might need a better "bread crumb" trail to find it. Really good design, just not my cuppa.

Markarth - hated it, I agree with others there should be dry walkways. What noble wants to be splashing through thigh-deep water to get to his toys

Solitude - nice work, but not a fan. Too twisted and too easy to get lost. Fits the image of Potema, I guess

Frankly, any of these could be broken out separately and fleshed into a mod of it's own, populated. would be great for an "destroy or take over" style questline. If I have the time IRL I'd working on something to that idea myself. But this is some hellaciously good work

3 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Haven't yet looked at this mod in-game, but

1 - how many 'properties are provided'

2 - on the subject of access/load doors/teleporters etc, do you have to use multiple HSH 'house tokens' within each 'residence', or does one token cover/encompass the entire building?  

Asking because

- HSH has a limit of 10 'house cells', and

- if a property has internal 'load doors', it means that you need to use one HSH House token, per seperate loaded area, and have to transfer slaves from one cell to another, via PAHE, even if ostensibly only moving them between the internal areas of the same building. 

- So if the mod comes with, say, 10 properties, each with, say, 3 seperate load areas, you'd need 30 HSH house tokens to manage them all, and the HSH limit of 10 precludes that

TIA for whatever help/clues can be provided ?

DQW

1 - Whad do you mean by property, sorry I didn't get that...

2- Nope, every player house is on the same cell(building), I used portals and rooms just to make sure is 100% compatible with HSH and you'll only use one token, since only one is need for every location, there's exactly 10 houses.

I provided some clues on my description page, but if you have any doubt, I'll be more than glad to help you :)

Hint: Most clues are on notes on the major powers of every location. For Winterhold, I quest locked it to some progression to the College. In Falkreath, some things are best buried. Also in Riften, we all know that the Jarl is not the person in power. Enough said...

2 hours ago, darksong said:

So, I saw this listing, and I got really excited. Totally in my wheelhouse for games. 

Started looking around based on the hints in the post, and got rapidly annoyed. used an additem mod to get the "books" and keys and went looking for the entryways to the locations. Finally I  COC'd to each after being frustrated finding some entrances and even more frustrated finding keys. My comments on the locations:

Windhelm - inaccessible due to my use of  mod   "Capital Windhelm Expansion"     I feel this one has the  best design, and it is my fave of the bunch. I'd live there, despire not liking Windhelm itself.

Riften - my second fave. More of a place for fallen nobles turned to criminal bosses running a Slave Trade Empire IMNSHO. Love the outdoors area

Morthal - feels like a place for an underboss to be, but the main entry facing Morthal and being so close would make it unfeasible to move slaves  by land - torches would be seen.

Whiterun - good entry location except it's obviously a "pocket dimension" - no way it would fit into the rest of Dragonsreach. Layout is good except for the "magic water"  (no evident source for it" - not a fan of that sort of water area.

Dawnstar - not a bad design, but most boring. Seems like a facility an underboss of the slaver group would be running. Good location for entrance, though

Falkreath - entrance hard to find due to me using "Great city of Falkreath" mod. An AMAZING piece of level design. Feels like it could be a location for multiple slaver groups to display and sell their wares

Winterhold - entry partially blocked by ice, may be caused by "The Great city of Winterhold" mod. Entry is far away, but makes sense, might need a better "bread crumb" trail to find it. Really good design, just not my cuppa.

Markarth - hated it, I agree with others there should be dry walkways. What noble wants to be splashing through thigh-deep water to get to his toys

Solitude - nice work, but not a fan. Too twisted and too easy to get lost. Fits the image of Potema, I guess

Frankly, any of these could be broken out separately and fleshed into a mod of it's own, populated. would be great for an "destroy or take over" style questline. If I have the time IRL I'd working on something to that idea myself. But this is some hellaciously good work

Many thanks for the feedback :) I'm sorry some did not meet their expectations. Yes, I will fix Markarth, since more people complained about it, just needing some time with IRL stuff.

Could you please point me out which clues were not good enough to find them without cheating? I'll be happy to help, even fix it in the next update :)

Feel free to add anything! I just don't advice to alter without asking me first individually. Individual patches are more than welcome too! Just ask me individually as well.

55 minutes ago, kadsend said:

Many thanks for the feedback :) I'm sorry some did not meet their expectations. Yes, I will fix Markarth, since more people complained about it, just needing some time with IRL stuff.

Could you please point me out which clues were not good enough to find them without cheating? I'll be happy to help, even fix it in the next update :)

Feel free to add anything! I just don't advice to alter without asking me first individually. Individual patches are more than welcome too! Just ask me individually as well.

To be honest, I was far too interested in actually seeing the various homes, rather than checking to find them without cheating. After about 30 minutes of trying to figure out how I could get into the Riften and Dawnstar ones - since they were easiest to find the doors for - I will now take a look and try to do it properly. but I think that people who don't by habit search every nook and cranny every playthrough might have issues finding things.

as for "meeting expectations" - don't worry all to much about it. personal tastes and whatnot.  This is YOUR creation, not anyone else's. I think the only "real valid" criticism is the excessive water in Markath, since it was a common complaint.  Unless you planned to frog demons in there, lol.