3 hours ago, darksong said:

To be honest, I was far too interested in actually seeing the various homes, rather than checking to find them without cheating. After about 30 minutes of trying to figure out how I could get into the Riften and Dawnstar ones - since they were easiest to find the doors for - I will now take a look and try to do it properly. but I think that people who don't by habit search every nook and cranny every playthrough might have issues finding things.

as for "meeting expectations" - don't worry all to much about it. personal tastes and whatnot.  This is YOUR creation, not anyone else's. I think the only "real valid" criticism is the excessive water in Markath, since it was a common complaint.  Unless you planned to frog demons in there, lol.

Can you write the various "coc XXX" commands? Cant find most of them.

4 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

Thanks for the reply.  And just in case you're really not taking the proverbial ...

property.png

Oooh sure, I'm afraid none.. I guess you could enslave one of the enemies I put (I seriously advice just killing them), but I only created more thematic locations for "storage" and tried to fix the issue of every player house available in other mods or having no space for "commodities", or being majorly located in the center of the map and far away from everything else. I don't fast travel so it was a pain in the butt to move my merchandise from A to B if I decided living in... Winterhold for an example.

But yes, you have to bring your own to "populate" them like in the screenshots.

1 hour ago, Random_ said:

Can you write the various "coc XXX" commands? Cant find most of them.

It's pretty intuitive, but sure, I can do it for you:

WARNING! SPOILERS!

Spoiler

coc WinterholdSlaveHouse
coc FalkreathSlaveHouse

coc MorthalSlaveHouse

coc DawnstarSlaveHouse

coc WindhelmSlaveHouse

coc RiftenSlaveHouse

coc WhiterunSlaveHouse
coc MarkarthSlaveHouse
coc DLC2RRSlaveHouse
coc SolitudeSlaveHouse

Edited by kadsend

Am I going nuts? I found the note in Whiterun followed its directions but the box was locked? I searched all over the place in whiterun and never found a key so am I missing something? (You don't have to spoil it I'm legit asking if I missed something) To be honest the hints aren't great. Especially if you aren't a lore buff or are new to the game. I'm not new to the game but only know the lore an average player would and forget names of people and places all the time, lol. It would be nice that after we find either the door or the notes we could get some more clues somewhat. Maybe confronting someone? I've only tried Whitrun and Falkreath so far as I'm on a new playthrough and those are what I've unlocked. Haven't figured out Falkreath though I found the door. 

7 hours ago, AnimeHuntress said:

Am I going nuts? I found the note in Whiterun followed its directions but the box was locked? I searched all over the place in whiterun and never found a key so am I missing something? (You don't have to spoil it I'm legit asking if I missed something) To be honest the hints aren't great. Especially if you aren't a lore buff or are new to the game. I'm not new to the game but only know the lore an average player would and forget names of people and places all the time, lol. It would be nice that after we find either the door or the notes we could get some more clues somewhat. Maybe confronting someone? I've only tried Whitrun and Falkreath so far as I'm on a new playthrough and those are what I've unlocked. Haven't figured out Falkreath though I found the door. 

Oh god, I think you got the hardest ones ? No worries, the lore is just dressing, you won't need to know everything.

Here, If you need more clues, don't worry, I won't say altogether how to get it:

Spoiler

In the Whiterun one, the messenger that was trying to get the key from the locked box got killed, he's on the roadside, ditched.

In Falkreath, some ashamed imperial soldiers were doing their funeral rites, find the helm of their fallen friend. In the House of Arkay, there's more lore.

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

This looks a bit like someone took a bath in honey and then stumbled in a room full of wasps.....

This sounds interesting.... especially as addition to Nonseen's NS working slaves...

I really want to know how the NS Working slaves work.. that would give so much more purpose to some of my future ideas... But hey, funny analogy :D

4 hours ago, kadsend said:

I really want to know how the NS Working slaves work.. that would give so much more purpose to some of my future ideas... But hey, funny analogy :D

I just stumbled over these two new mods and I have a lot slaves with no place to put them. The Solitude Key was easy to find. I didn't found the door for the cursed key. Whitrun was tricky without the note from the messenger. I looked up the letters with xedit to get the hints. 

As a suggestion: As a cheat for those who don't get the hints for the keys, make a little tool that unlooks the doors with the keys to the houses in the specific hold... 

Ok... I took your hint for the Whiterun key and searched the messenger. I was expecting him on the way back from the watchtower to Whiterun but found him on the way to the Fort. I think, that he should be placed on the way back  to Whiterun, or you should get a questmarker if you find the strongbox in the tower. 

Edited by Pfiffy
4 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

I just stumbled over these two new mods and I have a lot slaves with no place to put them. The Solitude Key was easy to find. I didn't found the door for the cursed key. Whitrun was tricky without the note from the messenger. I looked up the letters with xedit to get the hints. 

As a suggestion: As a cheat for those who don't get the hints for the keys, make a little tool that unlooks the doors with the keys to the houses in the specific hold... 

Ok... I took your hint for the Whiterun key and searched the messenger. I was expecting him on the way back from the watchtower to Whiterun but found him on the way to the Fort. I think, that he should be placed on the way back  to Whiterun, or you should get a questmarker if you find the strongbox in the tower. 

Agreed and noted, gonna fix that on the next patch

With the info you provided, I figured out the Whiterun location, and I definitely agree with the feedback already given for the messenger.

Beating my head on Falkreath right now, but I'm thinking that the Falkreath mod I'm running  (The Great City of Falkreath) is most likely obstructing things. Found the lore in the Hall of Arkay, but I'm stuck past that.

6 hours ago, kadsend said:

Oh god, I think you got the hardest ones ? No worries, the lore is just dressing, you won't need to know everything.

Here, If you need more clues, don't worry, I won't say altogether how to get it:

Finally figured out whiterun! I can't believe I missed that! I checked that place twice just to see if the key was hid there! Something to think about is to see if you can't get permission from Diary of Mine modder to see if you can't put the special alchemy table in your homes. I use that mod with HSH and its a great bit of extended game play on PAH. Mind you I haven't finished the DOM questline so I don't know if it allows you to convert one of your alchemy tables to the DOM special one. (Thus far I just pile up on the alchemy ingredients I need and make a ton every time I visit that house) I'm newer to the DOM mod but wanted to give it a shot as I was already trying to sus out my mod list with all the AE updates anyways. Thanks for the help! This looks awesome so far!

1 hour ago, darksong said:

With the info you provided, I figured out the Whiterun location, and I definitely agree with the feedback already given for the messenger.

Beating my head on Falkreath right now, but I'm thinking that the Falkreath mod I'm running  (The Great City of Falkreath) is most likely obstructing things. Found the lore in the Hall of Arkay, but I'm stuck past that.

I also have to say that a bandit camp with less bandits would be nice. I pcked up another 8 women and killed a few more men to clear the Fort. Compared with Solitude it is quite an effort. 

2 hours ago, AnimeHuntress said:

Finally figured out whiterun! I can't believe I missed that! I checked that place twice just to see if the key was hid there! Something to think about is to see if you can't get permission from Diary of Mine modder to see if you can't put the special alchemy table in your homes. I use that mod with HSH and its a great bit of extended game play on PAH. Mind you I haven't finished the DOM questline so I don't know if it allows you to convert one of your alchemy tables to the DOM special one. (Thus far I just pile up on the alchemy ingredients I need and make a ton every time I visit that house) I'm newer to the DOM mod but wanted to give it a shot as I was already trying to sus out my mod list with all the AE updates anyways. Thanks for the help! This looks awesome so far!

Well, I could add as a patch, there's plenty of space to put it, but I'll keep the main download without requiring DoM... I'll think about it, but that's pretty good idea!
Please tell me if there's a spell to convert the alchemy table, because then I won't need to make it.

3 hours ago, darksong said:

Since you're using a third party mod I'll be clearer then:

Spoiler

The key is inside a strongbox in the far edge of the cementery. There's a heavy imperial helm near it to signal.

But maybe I'll change that in the next update... I'll make sure to warn before

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

I also have to say that a bandit camp with less bandits would be nice. I pcked up another 8 women and killed a few more men to clear the Fort. Compared with Solitude it is quite an effort. 

It's the closest fort to the broken tower, sadly ? Didn't want it to be more of a wild goose chase.

6 minutes ago, kadsend said:

It's the closest fort to the broken tower, sadly ? Didn't want it to be more of a wild goose chase.

The Smugglers Den would be an option... It's not so close to the Western Tower, but it's also not far away and its not so overcrowded. 

Take it just as a suggestion.... And you might leave a link to the location in the note from the messenger. 

Thanks for the extra info, Kadsend - in that mod for Falkreath I'm using, the cemetery is like 6 times bigger, with tiered stonework and a large underground tomb complex. So most likely the present setup for it will NOT be compatible with The Great City of Falkreath https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19709

Going thru the rest of the locations attempting to find them "normally"

Falkreath - blocked by 3rd party mod

Whiterun - figured out with your hints

Morthal - easy-peasey

Dawnstar - easy-peasey

Solitude - info in first note is misleading, only found it because I kept looking after note info did not lead me there

Windhelm - doubly blocked due to my use of 3rd party mod "Capital Windhelm Expansion". Unable to even see door and unable to get key due to mod changes

Raven Rock - don't care, I dislike the way Elder Scrolls does "dark elves" and my mods seem to cause game to crash a LOT in Solstheim anyhow

Riften - presently beating my head on this. Found door, but not finding any kind of info relating to it without cheating

Winterhold - I have another huge 3rd party mod redoing it "The Great City of Winterhold" which I already know causes at least minor issues

Markarth - found door, but have not started looking for more info

One other small complaint is - How does the player character even find out about these places to begin with? Kind of need a non-questy quest. Perhaps the courier could deliver a note to the character from a mysterious unnamed person that leads to finding a book about these places? Or have the book turn up randomly, like Meridia's Beacon? Or not so randomly ?  I mean, what reason would Joe Adventurer have to sneak around in a Jarl's living quarters and risk prison or death? 

10 hours ago, darksong said:

One other small complaint is - How does the player character even find out about these places to begin with? Kind of need a non-questy quest. Perhaps the courier could deliver a note to the character from a mysterious unnamed person that leads to finding a book about these places? Or have the book turn up randomly, like Meridia's Beacon? Or not so randomly ?  I mean, what reason would Joe Adventurer have to sneak around in a Jarl's living quarters and risk prison or death? 

Come on, most nasty secrets are only secret to those who are not nasty.....

But anyway... Why not leave notes on the other locations in the location.... All the former owners might have visited each other and spend some time with sharing ideas.... or exchange some playthings... 

This mod is new and there are always things that could be done better....

16 hours ago, darksong said:

Thanks for the extra info, Kadsend - in that mod for Falkreath I'm using, the cemetery is like 6 times bigger, with tiered stonework and a large underground tomb complex. So most likely the present setup for it will NOT be compatible with The Great City of Falkreath https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19709

Going thru the rest of the locations attempting to find them "normally"

Falkreath - blocked by 3rd party mod

Whiterun - figured out with your hints

Morthal - easy-peasey

Dawnstar - easy-peasey

Solitude - info in first note is misleading, only found it because I kept looking after note info did not lead me there

Windhelm - doubly blocked due to my use of 3rd party mod "Capital Windhelm Expansion". Unable to even see door and unable to get key due to mod changes

Raven Rock - don't care, I dislike the way Elder Scrolls does "dark elves" and my mods seem to cause game to crash a LOT in Solstheim anyhow

Riften - presently beating my head on this. Found door, but not finding any kind of info relating to it without cheating

Winterhold - I have another huge 3rd party mod redoing it "The Great City of Winterhold" which I already know causes at least minor issues

Markarth - found door, but have not started looking for more info

Well... third-party mods were always prone to mess up the locations... I could try to make a "please, I can't find it on my own, so I need to press  to go to "X" " button, but that's way down the line... I'm free for any suggestions that won't become a full blown patch

I will see what I can do about Solitude...
I think Riften can be a bit more difficult, but I'll say one thing: It's on the house of the True owner of Riften

Well... I think the adventurer suddenly knowing by a random quest or by a messenger really blows the point... It's secretive... Yes, some can be tricky to find, but slavery is nowadays outlawed by the Empire.They are supposed to keep it quiet and hide them. The random loot thing may be a good idea, but that's also further down the road...

6 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Come on, most nasty secrets are only secret to those who are not nasty.....

But anyway... Why not leave notes on the other locations in the location.... All the former owners might have visited each other and spend some time with sharing ideas.... or exchange some playthings... 

This mod is new and there are always things that could be done better....

I thought about it, but the ages doesn't match... Some locations are centuries old, others are just some years. The Empire has outlawed slavery for a long while, even though I think that there may be some sort of illegal slavery and in between period were it gradually gets out of fashion, I think I could add some sort of "communication" but I really need to think about it...

ok, about Riften - it was my stupidity. I was in sneak mode to avoid any NPCs and I just could not see where where it was placed. Went in again after reading your info and found it immediately. Although I don't agree with the location where I found it - I would expect it to be somewhere more secure

6 hours ago, darksong said:

ok, about Riften - it was my stupidity. I was in sneak mode to avoid any NPCs and I just could not see where where it was placed. Went in again after reading your info and found it immediately. Although I don't agree with the location where I found it - I would expect it to be somewhere more secure

If it is more secure others won't find it and we are back at the point where we have started....

@kadsend  Firstly, thank you for this Mod. I am liking it a LOT. 

I think I may have to get rid of my Vampire slavers den and a few others as This is a great replacement. Thank you !!! 

I do have a few observations if I may. Firstly I did actually use the COC to get to all the houses as it was a long day at work and was dying to see, but I'm loving what I see. 

I did find a couple things though.

In the Windhelm house there are a few animation markers left over from the CK.  Bright green people by the main throne room (pic below)

Also I noticed that a few of the "Portal doors" seem to change cell so the 10 HSH markers may not work as autosave kicked in so must have changed cell. Although with @Nonseen's Working slaves Mod that is not an issue since HSH seems to never have been expanded to accommodate more "slots" anyways. 

My favourite, it is hard to choose between the Solsteim house (which is massive and needs a "you are here" marker :) ) and Winterhold which I am loving the design of, again massive and thank you for taking the time to build it (though could be easy to miss the Really Old Key and drop it off the map if not careful) 

Riften one, I liked a lot, but one of the cell blocks has a random water piece at the top of the stairs in one of the cell blocks.

Markarth - I got lost trying to navigate this one, a question :- how do you get to the RIGHT hand cellblock, as I kept coming to a "portal room" with 2 doors to the LEFT one and no door for right. 

Also not too sure I'm a fan of the river running through the place, reminds me of Prison of Despair , but with water :) 

Falkreath - I liked but the passageways up / down, could be easy to fall off if with companions. 

Solitude I found this one rather hard to navigate as lots for doors to "Master room" but got there in the end. 

Dawnstar - I liked this one a lot, 

Whiterun - I liked the re-design of Dragonreach very much, not sure about the fog though, inside?

One of them, I can't remember which one but has the 2 vampires in it, the portal takes you to a pool with no stairs out and the other portal to get out of the water is VERY hard to find so you end up going back and forth from the Vampire room many times until you happen to click on the other portal and get to the upper area. 

Speaking of companions, for some reason none of my companions followed me into any of the houses other than Riften, without me teleporting them in.

Finally - I do not know if just my setup, but I kept finding random cage doors everywhere. (see pics below)  Oh and the Mannequins are creepy as hell as they keep moving around 

image.thumb.png.35793b8430475578c5cbc7be39f95b64.png

ScreenShot16.png

ScreenShot18.png

ScreenShot19.png

ScreenShot20.png

ScreenShot21.png

ScreenShot23.png

ScreenShot24.png

ScreenShot25.png

ScreenShot26.png