Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)

So far I have followed this thread, but i'm not that interested in nude mods tbqh, but I have seen these D02836115 mods and have been falling in love. Is there anywhere to find them all? I found some in the thread, but some I didn't, like that american bikini or the Lapis one. 

I've made an edit of Camilla's armor on blender using a little part of DistinctVariable's mod, here's the result:

image.png.eb95ece71334d24f7e1e9a6a50cbf1b8.png

image.png.2aae06ff6c2af0d1d84c142bcf8d9fd0.png

I'm still figuring out how to import this model into the game though ?

I'm new to modding so are the tutorials on gamebanana good enough? Or is there a better way to import this into the game without having to download Unity?

image.png.fc7a0d173f6631127bb1119fc99c587a.png

Finally some progress, managed to import the model and rig correctly, my only question is about the textures, how to I put a custom texture into the game? Also which one of them do I need to edit to apply a metallic effect to certain parts of the model.

Also for some reason the outline is thick even though I exported the fbx in linear.

@FPSeph Hey, that looks great! If you want to dump or replace textures from a bundle you select the Texture2D asset in UABEA then click plugins -> export texture to dump or plugins -> edit texture to import/replace. The albedo texture contains the colour information, the normal texture contains "texture" lighting info eg. making it look like cloth/leather or adding bumps etc and the Multi texture contains info on a few parameters, one on each RGBA channel.

The main ones you want to deal with to get a metallic effect are the Red and Green channels on the multi texture, Red dictates how shiny the part of the texture is (more red is more shiny) and Green dictates how metallic the part of the texture is (more green is more metallic). The way I edit the multi is to decompose the image in GIMP to split the channels into 4 grayscale images and then paint the areas I want to be shiny metal with white on the R&G channels and then compose them back to a single image for import with UABEA.

If I wanted them to be 20% less shiny than max I would paint the R channel with a grey that's 80% of white instead of white, it seems to work linearly so it's pretty easy to adjust and get predictable results when working on the decomposed channels this way. This sort of question has come up before and I gave a more in depth explanation then so if you're still unsure I'd suggest checking older posts but I hope this helps.

I had a similar problem with the outlines and the simplest solution imo is to click on the Material asset in UABEA (usually MtSkin and MtDress) and click Edit Data, search for the "_OutlineScale" entry in this data and change it there (I usually use a 1 / 1.5 value but you can adjust it as you see fit). These values are independant from each other so you'll probably want to change it for all the relevant Materials. Remember that you'll need to save in the asset list screen and the starting screen much as you did when importing meshes for this to be saved to the bundle.

Edited by DistinctVariable
1 hour ago, DistinctVariable said:

@FPSeph Hey, that looks great! If you want to dump or replace textures from a bundle you select the Texture2D asset in UABEA then click plugins -> export texture to dump or plugins -> edit texture to import/replace. The albedo texture contains the colour information, the normal texture contains "texture" lighting info eg. making it look like cloth/leather or adding bumps etc and the Multi texture contains info on a few parameters, one on each RGBA channel.

The main ones you want to deal with to get a metallic effect are the Red and Green channels on the multi texture, Red dictates how shiny the part of the texture is (more red is more shiny) and Green dictates how metallic the part of the texture is (more green is more metallic). The way I edit the multi is to decompose the image in GIMP to split the channels into 4 grayscale images and then paint the areas I want to be shiny metal with white on the R&G channels and then compose them back to a single image for import with UABEA.

If I wanted them to be 20% less shiny than max I would paint the R channel with a grey that's 80% of white instead of white, it seems to work linearly so it's pretty easy to adjust and get predictable results when working on the decomposed channels this way. This sort of question has come up before and I gave a more in depth explanation then so if you're still unsure I'd suggest checking older posts but I hope this helps.

I had a similar problem with the outlines and the simplest solution imo is to click on the Material asset in UABEA (usually MtSkin and MtDress) and click Edit Data, search for the "_OutlineScale" entry in this data and change it there (I usually use a 1 / 1.5 value but you can adjust it as you see fit). These values are independant from each other so you'll probably want to change it for all the relevant Materials. Remember that you'll need to save in the asset list screen and the starting screen much as you did when importing meshes for this to be saved to the bundle.

Thanks friend, this is really helpful, I'm honestly surprised by how much of a headache simply exchanging textures has been since there is literally no tutorial about it on gamebanana.

One question though, when I export the _Multi texture with UABEA all I get is a .png file with nothing on it, is that how it's supposed to look or am I doing something wrong?

image.png.826f6fa9e2982ad3d2eb0a0814a6ae43.png

Managed to fix the outline issue thanks to DistinctVariable's help, and replace the albedo texture. Also scaled the model down a bit since it was causing it to have a hole between the neck and head.

The only remaining issue is the "invisible shadow" of Camilla's belt, panties and cape, as you can see, they remain even though the models aren't there anymore, I'm wondereing if it's smothing to do with the _multi texture or something. ?

Anyway, quite satisfied with the result, when done I'll post the file for download. 

Can someone help me with exporting the multi texture? I've looked everywhere on the internet but couldn't find a single lead about this problem.

Basically when I export the multi texture I just get a black png, and when I open on photoshop I just get a transparent file with nothing on it.

Now I can't make any edit to the multi file because there is nothing on it, is there some kind of step that I'm missing? Here's the file below.

uBody_Cmi0DF_c568_Multi-CAB-726b029724053145e191acba0b969ab5-4757322144363845764.png

You can't see it? That's because there is nothing on it, it just exports this way. Here's how the image looks with the pc interface.

image.png.8aa6eb2a9e9c51cd0885726a69246db0.png

However in AssetStudio you can see the swizzled texture, although if I export it with Assetstudio I'll get the same result.

image.png.477d3dd16d68c069c1028aee11ee8724.png

Edited by FPSeph

@FPSeph You're very welcome :) When it comes to the multi-texture they often display as a transparent because the Alpha channel is typically all black, so the image has the data on the other channels but the transparency is set to max everywhere when trying to view the complete image. If you split the channels you will see the relevant data from the RGB channels and can edit them there:

Spoiler

MultiDecomp.thumb.png.97c824b4df101f84be1b4bc9efcf8c24.png

I took a look at the image you  posted and I think where you've gone wrong is you haven't saved the colour data for the texture when exporting from your image editing software & it's effectively just saved a transparent square. I know for GIMP there is a checkbox in the export menu ("Save color values from transparent pixels"):

ColourVal.png.a07b5fc9e628dfcd55dca4bc86e17eec.png

I expect there's a similar option in photoshop so if you find this it will resolve the problem. The image will still look transparent but if you look at the channel data in your image software you'll see it now contains the data on the other channels.

When it comes to the unneccesary shadows you'll find these on the Blue channel on the multi-texture. Iirc they will be showing as a black area but it should stand out when you look at it at any rate, just change that to white or whatever colour matches the unshadowed skin areas on the texture and that should solve that.

Edited by DistinctVariable
2 hours ago, DistinctVariable said:

@FPSeph You're very welcome :) When it comes to the multi-texture they often display as a transparent because the Alpha channel is typically all black, so the image has the data on the other channels but the transparency is set to max everywhere when trying to view the complete image. If you split the channels you will see the relevant data from the RGB channels and can edit them there:

Reveal hidden contents

MultiDecomp.thumb.png.97c824b4df101f84be1b4bc9efcf8c24.png

I took a look at the image you  posted and I think where you've gone wrong is you haven't saved the colour data for the texture when exporting from your image editing software & it's effectively just saved a transparent square. I know for GIMP there is a checkbox in the export menu ("Save color values from transparent pixels"):

ColourVal.png.a07b5fc9e628dfcd55dca4bc86e17eec.png

I expect there's a similar option in photoshop so if you find this it will resolve the problem. The image will still look transparent but if you look at the channel data in your image software you'll see it now contains the data on the other channels.

When it comes to the unneccesary shadows you'll find these on the Blue channel on the multi-texture. Iirc they will be showing as a black area but it should stand out when you look at it at any rate, just change that to white or whatever colour matches the unshadowed skin areas on the texture and that should solve that.

Once again, much thanks, you're a lifesaver.

Thanks to DistinctVariable's help I've managed to finish the model, it's not perfect, there's still some mismatch on the neck but overall the result is quite good.

image.png.177ecbed7d1fb0fdbe8b94c1c22ed4f1.png

Anyway, I'll leave the mod here for anyone who wants to try, just remember that this mod uses Camilla's custom model from BOAMO so you'll need that as prerequisite (and of course beat her paralogue).

CamillaArmor.zip

Hi all,

First let me say thank you all for your great work. The mods here look really great and I would love to use them.

I am playing the game on Steam Deck and since I updated the game version to 2.0 the old mod pack from ZeroFucksGiven doesnt work anymore.

So I  read through close to all of the pages here and I just can not comprehend how I can make it run on the Steam Deck (using Ryujinx).

First I need the 00_-_battle_outfits_and_more_outfits_234.7z4d

and then cobalt? https://github.com/Raytwo/Cobalt/releases/tag/v0.9.2

What do I have to do with cobalt?

I would like to have a basic nude mod (with normal proportions)

and I would like to use CharEditPack2 

Spoiler

CharEditPack2.png.c67c611290dfe339c6c17c062e40a72d.png

Any guidance and help is super much appreciated.

I hope you don't mind me asking @kingkabachaba but would you be willing to tell me how you got it too work on the Steam deck? No matter what I do be it with or without mods Fire emblem Engage crashes on title screen and I have to hard reset or hard close the emulator and it's the ONLY game that crashes.
Pokemon and Zelda work on it which boggles me.

Edit: I should clarify that I have not been able to get any information on why it crashes other than "Get your Keys fix"

Edited by SinnMina
On 6/29/2023 at 7:28 PM, Xerfie said:

Is there a way to keep Goldmary's birthmark in the nude mod?

It would be possible but not as easy as you might hope/think. Currently the nude mods assign all characters the same nude body with the same textures. To have a nude with the birthmark the nude model would have to be injected into a different model bundle, replacing that model, then the birthmark could be copied/drawn into the albedo texture and this new nude model assigned to Goldmary in the assettable.xml. All of this would be fairly simple to achieve but a little time consuming, I just don't have the time to work on mods atm and I have a backlog of other stuff I intend to see finished before I start anything else.

@kingkabachaba I'm not really familiar with steam-deck or cobalt so I can't help you there but the model swaps shouldn't have any issues with the update and should work fine on their own by placing their folder in your ryujinx mods directory. You will need a version of BOAMO to be able to use alternative outfits in battle but I've only tested on and only support the pre-cobalt versions. I've got nothing against cobalt but I just don't need it and I don't want to complicate things so I choose not to use it.

Managed to finish another model, this time is Zephia but with even less armor than before?

image.png.852c3e6553451d1222b0e7170fde140a.png

This also made notice something, some mods have files all of their own, for example, the Camilla model that I used in my last mod was custom one from BOAMO not the one actually used by Camilla herself, I've tried creating a custom file but all I've got was a floating head.?

Also, I'll upload this mod alongside the other one because I've noticed that I forgot to include the prefab folder and anyone who downloaded it probably didn't managed to see the model...my bad.

CamillaZephia.zip

8 hours ago, SinnMina said:

I hope you don't mind me asking @kingkabachaba but would you be willing to tell me how you got it too work on the Steam deck? No matter what I do be it with or without mods Fire emblem Engage crashes on title screen and I have to hard reset or hard close the emulator and it's the ONLY game that crashes.
Pokemon and Zelda work on it which boggles me.

Edit: I should clarify that I have not been able to get any information on why it crashes other than "Get your Keys fix"

Hi,

First thanks all for the replies. I got it working now! 

SinnMina, if you have any mods in the mod folder I would delete them all and try it again. Yes, you will need the newest keys and firmware (at least that is what I have installed). Try out openGL or Vulkan, depending on your settings and if all wont help then I guess your rom is corrupted. You should make a new rom then. It runs really well on Steamdeck with Ryujinx, so its worth it!

12 hours ago, kingkabachaba said:

Hi,

First thanks all for the replies. I got it working now! 

SinnMina, if you have any mods in the mod folder I would delete them all and try it again. Yes, you will need the newest keys and firmware (at least that is what I have installed). Try out openGL or Vulkan, depending on your settings and if all wont help then I guess your rom is corrupted. You should make a new rom then. It runs really well on Steamdeck with Ryujinx, so its worth it!

You were right! I guess it was the game since I got a new one and it works, I suppose I never questioned it because it worked on my PC but regardless I atleast am getting somewhere so thank you very much!

Does anyone has a tutorial on how to use the catalog bundle tool to create new files for the game? I've looked everywhere and coudn't find one.

Edit: Nevermind I've found one on the discord?

Edited by FPSeph
On 7/7/2023 at 1:41 PM, FPSeph said:

Does anyone has a tutorial on how to use the catalog bundle tool to create new files for the game? I've looked everywhere and coudn't find one.

Edit: Nevermind I've found one on the discord?

Could you elaborate on that?
I've looked everywhere and I haven't been able to find a single example of how to import custom meshes into FEE, or any Unity game for that matter.
I also checked the LoversLab discord and found no information on the topic.