Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)

hero.thumb.jpeg.4c8ad39a05293ba8d01595329b9b18f1.jpeg

This is a Switch exclusive, out on the 20th...or now if you know where to look :P

Im hoping to see this get some love. Fire Emblem games never have any mods, but they're always running on engines that don't play nicely with modding. However...that seems to have changed! It's running on Unity this time.

Screenshot_20230116_185439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7ada72a855f67c4e91f321812eef8dd8.jpg

The number of cute girls in this game is off the charts. Not only ones from past games, but new ones as well!

Spoiler

9fxB2Db3xLVD4BMYMzvkad.jpg.e452dbe7a07328197f120e5f8115e79f.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Engage11.jpg.3694adf9d20b25d7d8143a4ca0ba1b0d.jpg

fire-emblem-engage-celica-1663520655.jpg.335e76b00e44f4d64e5bd155bc429d11.jpg

Ff0WFPlVQAANv31.thumb.jpg.ce6b07088a2d0c22d1d5efa72160c41c.jpg

download.jpg.6173c8f22145a330f872219e61a356c9.jpg1061355675_download(1).jpg.3e247c7d155a4bbb24da7a2e0cd981a0.jpg

I don't want to flood the post with images, but there are A LOT of choices in this game.

It also runs flawlessly on Ryujinx with a 60fps cheat. Absolute rock steady FPS even with 2x resolution and Reshade. 

Edited by DORODERE

fire emblem games never had any mods? how about doing a simple google search?

also the game being unity means nothing, same thing was said when brilliant diamond and shining pearl got released and sword and shield gotten even more mods than them despite the fact that it's running on unity.

Edited by PepeLordd
1 hour ago, PepeLordd said:

fire emblem games never had any mods? how about doing a simple google search?

also the game being unity means nothing, same thing was said when brilliant diamond and shining pearl got released and sword and shield gotten even more mods than them despite the fact that it's running on unity.

This is about nude mods. Not about any old mod. I haven't seen a nude FE mod since the 3DS or older. None of the recent games got shit.

And what does Pokemon have to do with anything? It all depends on interest in the game. Sword and Shield was new, BDSP was a remake. You're going to have more people interested in a newer entry than a game they probably already played before. No surprise at all it got more mods.

But anyways, that's irrelevant. The potential is there if anyone wants to try. That's all there is to it.

Rather than nude mods I just want modders to remove all the weird modesty shorts and stuff they put in to hide the girls' legs. It feels extremely corporately mandated. Like they got an email one day saying "by the way you can't show any  girl's legs, Nintendo of America doesn't want that." I mean look at this: stockings under garterbelt. You can't tell me this wasn't changed last minute.

FEEngage.jpg

26 minutes ago, untestedpower said:

Rather than nude mods I just want modders to remove all the weird modesty shorts and stuff they put in to hide the girls' legs. It feels extremely corporately mandated. Like they got an email one day saying "by the way you can't show any  girl's legs, Nintendo of America doesn't want that." I mean look at this: stockings under garterbelt. You can't tell me this wasn't changed last minute.

Agreed. Many many skirts and every single one has spats or some kind of covering underneath. Removal would be fantastic. Especially with all of the flips and acrobatics in the combat animations.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:46 PM, untestedpower said:

FEEngage.jpg

its not a true fire emblem game if we dont get the true hero pantsless marth in the game.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:46 PM, untestedpower said:

Rather than nude mods I just want modders to remove all the weird modesty shorts and stuff they put in to hide the girls' legs.

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/423893

15 minutes ago, DORODERE said:

Nothing R18, but it's a start. One character uncensored. No covering on her thighs in any of the concept art but she has it ingame.

https://gamebanana.com/mods/423893

Okay you were faster. I was so sure I was first to find it since it'd been up for less than an hour. I didn't even think to check if it had been posted already.

But you still beat me to it. Fair play.

Edited by Amytheone
Beaten by Dorodere

Yeah, the unfortunate news is that even though these are Switch mods and should be compatible with actual Switch hardware...it just isn't. Atmosphere can't handle Engage. Too many files apparently. All Engage modding is currently emulator only. I'm sure that will change eventually though.

Also: More progress is being made.

Screenshot_20230124_154215_Chrome.jpg.30414a04fd4da8cdf20f373f15343a4b.jpg

Edited by DORODERE

Lewd mods might really push this game up some. Imo it's not as good as Three Houses and that seems to be the common sentiment. It's a shame they went with this weird fake take on the mobile game and locked the story in a shed out back, but the gameplay itself is all delicious traditional Fire Emblem and pretty darn great. Just can't get over how god damn goofy the protag looks, though...

On 1/17/2023 at 7:46 PM, untestedpower said:

FEEngage.jpg

Fire Emblem games have always had a decent amount of censorship, though with the lower res models of old it's never been much of a problem and mostly limited to the already limited portrait art. But I mean we've had English translators openly bragging about how they 'fixed' stuff they didn't agree with when it came to relationships in general and specific supports.

But if we're going to mod that stuff out might as well take it all away.

Edited by Spiritseer
On 1/24/2023 at 3:34 PM, DORODERE said:

Yeah, the unfortunate news is that even though these are Switch mods and should be compatible with actual Switch hardware...it just isn't. Atmosphere can't handle Engage. Too many files apparently. All Engage modding is currently emulator only. I'm sure that will change eventually though.

Also: More progress is being made.

Screenshot_20230124_154215_Chrome.jpg.30414a04fd4da8cdf20f373f15343a4b.jpg

Could be a little thiccer but hey, I ain't complaining.

Edited by LeyendaV
20 minutes ago, Amytheone said:

https://gamebanana.com/mods/424159

Now we're getting somewhere!

They gave instructions in the replies on how to change costumes too. Good info!

As for what to change - I assume you already extracted it to a readable xml file? Once you do that you can see the list of values each entry in the asset table has - like, "Conditions" which determines when the line takes effect, "DressModel" which determines an outfit to specify for use, etc.

Using this mod as an example, I added a line with

Conditions="MPID_Etie;JID_sniper"

contained in it, and,

DressModel="uBody_Axe2AF_c000b"

which basically tells the game "when the unit is Etie and her class is sniper, dress her up in "uBody_Axe2AF_c000b". (her warrior outfit)

As for what "uBody_Axe2AF_c000b" means, it's the name of a bundle containing the mesh/texture/etc. but the filename has significance.

uBody = the high poly version used up-close. the low-poly ones used on the strategic map are prefixed oBody. When the line says has Mode="2", it's specifying a uBody, and Mode="1" when it's an oBody.

Axe2AF = specifying the class and gender in question. Axe, promotion 2A, female.

c000b = a number corresponding to certain characters' unique outfits. Etie uses the generic Warrior outfit for her promote so it's just c000 - the "b" means she uses a slight variant which is more muscular/has abs. Jade uses the same variant for instance.

So putting that all together, you can figure out how to change what the game dresses units in and when. Remember to also change the low-poly model.

Edited by DORODERE