Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)

13 hours ago, Xerfie said:

I'm not a modder to preface, but a lot of the mods used this as a base for the mods. There was a time when the mod got updated very frequently. When BOAMO updated, a lot of mods broke and needed to be fixed (I think you just had to edit a file, but most including me don't know how to do this.). After this period, the mods stopped coming out iirc. Some other stuff happened, but don't want to get into that. 

It's not so much BOAMO's fault.  The problem is that many changes (including BOAMO) requires AssetTable modifications, so whenever BOAMO gets updated, all the changes from custom outfits get overridden and you will have to add them back to the AssetTable each time.  I believe Cobalt does have merging mods capability, so it shouldn't be an issue...but I haven't used multiple mods to confirm that because I do my own modifications.

As for modders for this forum...they most likely just moved on.

Even the discord community is now just filled with a few people that actually make small conversation here and there.

Ultimately, it comes down to the reception of Fire Emblem Engage, which was not really well-received.  It was hyped the first month, and then people moved on.

On 1/24/2024 at 8:46 AM, D02836115 said:

It's not so much BOAMO's fault.  The problem is that many changes (including BOAMO) requires AssetTable modifications, so whenever BOAMO gets updated, all the changes from custom outfits get overridden and you will have to add them back to the AssetTable each time.  I believe Cobalt does have merging mods capability, so it shouldn't be an issue...but I haven't used multiple mods to confirm that because I do my own modifications.

As for modders for this forum...they most likely just moved on.

Even the discord community is now just filled with a few people that actually make small conversation here and there.

Ultimately, it comes down to the reception of Fire Emblem Engage, which was not really well-received.  It was hyped the first month, and then people moved on.

Hey there,

The community is actually pretty active, the issue comes from a lack of ambition and people settling for the easy stuff. We are actually having a lot of breakthroughs these past 2-3 weeks, including custom maps.

When it comes to BOAMO, it should actually be simpler now than ever before, as you don't have to work around it anymore to add your own stuff thanks to Cobalt. You can simply name your mod so it comes after BOAMO's in alphanumerical order to have it loaded after BOAMO.

Consider visiting the wiki to see a list of the features and possibilities that come with Cobalt. There is also a guide to make models with Unity, which is way simpler than doing it through softwares such as UABEA, and soon will come with a preconfigured real-time preview for models.

image.thumb.png.dd88de0f616cb3b2e0a9f23297891f99.png

Consider also joining the server for questions or assistance if you need it, provided you don't post the naughty bits for all to see (I'm not judging but rules are rules). 🙂

I'd gladly redirect people to the necessary resources if needed, provided they're at least motivated.

Finally, we have an open-source sample project by DogeThis that showcases pretty much everything that's possible when it comes to models, including custom physics (yes, even that kind).

Cheers!

Edited by Raytwo
typo
On 3/5/2023 at 9:43 PM, mrhabana72 said:

Alear with makeup...
Just a simple texture editing with photoshop
If someone can pass me the other faces of the girls I can create more

2023030606263500-C71F2BA23713B0380A896115D1AD4717.jpg

Do you have any interest in making makeup for any more of the characters? This is amazing, Idk how I missed this back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2024 at 3:54 AM, Aphrody said:

would be nice if someone could make some sets of nude or skimpy outfits that are easy to install with all these files in this thread.

You just kinda gotta be there when games first come out. I'm having a similar issue with Tales of Arise so I'm just gonna use nexus mods for that game.

Is there any currently working mod that allows wearing other characters' outfits besides modifying my AssetTable? It looks like Class and Amiibo Outfits is currently not compatible with ol' BOAMO.

Edited by Mud
6 minutes ago, BatatoFritu said:

Can someone help me to install @DistinctVariable nude mods?, i'm having great difficulties on doing it, i know i need the battle outfits mod and the bouquet unlocked, but it just dosen't work, i'm playing on Yuzu in case this info is necessary

Sorry if i miss-typed something

Or if you could just dm me a version of the mod that is working would be great too, preference to the thicc version of the mod but i would also accept one of the other 2 versions

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but you can use the old romfs folder method alongside Cobalt as long as there's no conflicts. The way I have it setup is that I have these 2 cobalt mods in particular: BOAMO, and "Emblem Classes and Even More Outfits + Accessories". BOAMO is BOAMO and the other mod lets you wear any character's outfit through the boutique, meaning you can make say Alear wear Framme's clothes.
Then I have DistinctVariable's CharacterNude Thicc, EmblemNude Thicc, all of ZFG's nude edits, and the other various outfit edits in the usual romfs location. Just make sure the only files in romfs are ones like ubody and obody folders, and not something like assettable.xml.bundle
Thanks to the "Emblem Classes and Even More Outfits + Accessories" mod, I can then go into the boutique in-game and make Alear wear Zephia's outfit, which DistinctVariable's CharacterNude mod makes it completely nude. Or I can make her wear any other outfit, like ZFG's Warrior class mod. This cobalt mod let's you go crazy with all the nude mods, but only affects playable characters. Any NPC or enemy unit that uses a modded outfit, like enemy female humans using ZFG's class mods, would show up as ZFG's edit.
If you do it the same way I did, Emblem Celica would be the only one who is completely nude, while the other emblems would have their nude edit which isn't completely nude. You would need an assettable edit that would change their default outfit to Celica's  (or change enemy female humans to use Zephia's outfit).

Using this method, I'm able to play the game with either completely nude, or revealing clothing depending how I feel, with a bunch of other Cobalt mods that change gameplay and such.

I'm not a modder so I don't know how to make a Cobalt mod, so what I do is I use a mod called A "Little *Secret* Ingredient - FEE Randomizer - A Modding Tool for Fire Emblem Engage." With this mod, I change all the randomizer settings to default (no change) if they already aren't, then I change an inconsequential assettable option, like randomizing all the somniel casual outfits, then export the changes for Cobalt.
That gives me an assettable that I can edit for that's formatted for Cobalt. I was able to change Alear's default outfit to Zephia's outfit so that even on a new game, Alear is completely nude. I assume you can do the same for all the other characters, emblems, enemies, etc. if you really wanted to.

Here's a screenshot of my game using this method and various mods on Ryujinx.

I'm on the latest update of the game with version 1.3.1 of Cobalt.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 141642.png

On 3/13/2024 at 12:20 PM, BlueMcGoo2 said:

Not sure if it was mentioned here, but you can use the old romfs folder method alongside Cobalt as long as there's no conflicts. The way I have it setup is that I have these 2 cobalt mods in particular: BOAMO, and "Emblem Classes and Even More Outfits + Accessories". BOAMO is BOAMO and the other mod lets you wear any character's outfit through the boutique, meaning you can make say Alear wear Framme's clothes.
Then I have DistinctVariable's CharacterNude Thicc, EmblemNude Thicc, all of ZFG's nude edits, and the other various outfit edits in the usual romfs location. Just make sure the only files in romfs are ones like ubody and obody folders, and not something like assettable.xml.bundle
Thanks to the "Emblem Classes and Even More Outfits + Accessories" mod, I can then go into the boutique in-game and make Alear wear Zephia's outfit, which DistinctVariable's CharacterNude mod makes it completely nude. Or I can make her wear any other outfit, like ZFG's Warrior class mod. This cobalt mod let's you go crazy with all the nude mods, but only affects playable characters. Any NPC or enemy unit that uses a modded outfit, like enemy female humans using ZFG's class mods, would show up as ZFG's edit.
If you do it the same way I did, Emblem Celica would be the only one who is completely nude, while the other emblems would have their nude edit which isn't completely nude. You would need an assettable edit that would change their default outfit to Celica's  (or change enemy female humans to use Zephia's outfit).

Using this method, I'm able to play the game with either completely nude, or revealing clothing depending how I feel, with a bunch of other Cobalt mods that change gameplay and such.

I'm not a modder so I don't know how to make a Cobalt mod, so what I do is I use a mod called A "Little *Secret* Ingredient - FEE Randomizer - A Modding Tool for Fire Emblem Engage." With this mod, I change all the randomizer settings to default (no change) if they already aren't, then I change an inconsequential assettable option, like randomizing all the somniel casual outfits, then export the changes for Cobalt.
That gives me an assettable that I can edit for that's formatted for Cobalt. I was able to change Alear's default outfit to Zephia's outfit so that even on a new game, Alear is completely nude. I assume you can do the same for all the other characters, emblems, enemies, etc. if you really wanted to.

Here's a screenshot of my game using this method and various mods on Ryujinx.

I'm on the latest update of the game with version 1.3.1 of Cobalt.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 141642.png

whats the romfs folder method? I'm trying to mod this thing myself and I have no idea where to start but your methods seems the best

On 3/17/2024 at 4:42 PM, gaston my dude said:

whats the romfs folder method? I'm trying to mod this thing myself and I have no idea where to start but your methods seems the best

It's where you drop the romfs folder of a mod in atmosphere. The file path should be atmosphere/contents/[title id]/romfs
If you're on Ryujinx, you can right click the game and click "Open Atmosphere Mods Directory" and drop the romfs folder there.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:22 PM, Mikenorm said:

Further more the only way I got nude body's in the game to begin with was by adding outfit packs like battle outfits and promoted classes from previous files in this thread to the title I'd in romfs I do have an engage mod folder with only boamo in it. 

Ultimately I'm trying to get just full nude bodies but the best I can do is from the outfit packs were the characters have little accessories from there fully clothed version like so the only one to be fully nude is celica. 

If anyone can just post an already done asset edit or so would be amazing.

20230924_205033.jpg

20230924_205020.jpg

20230924_205003.jpg

What mods do you use, can I have a link to it?
On 9/25/2023 at 12:22 AM, Mikenorm said:

Further more the only way I got nude body's in the game to begin with was by adding outfit packs like battle outfits and promoted classes from previous files in this thread to the title I'd in romfs I do have an engage mod folder with only boamo in it. 

Ultimately I'm trying to get just full nude bodies but the best I can do is from the outfit packs were the characters have little accessories from there fully clothed version like so the only one to be fully nude is celica. 

If anyone can just post an already done asset edit or so would be amazing.

20230924_205033.jpg

20230924_205020.jpg

20230924_205003.jpg

glad to see ppl still using my stuff i gave up on modding fire emblem engage after colbalt started gaining popularity and my own burnout from it due to modding every outfit in the game lol not sure if i want to get back in it with my time being eaten up with work and playing other games but ill think about it and IF i do come back ill have to figure out colbalt as that will have a huge impact in anything i do gotta see if i can even make the time now that i got a full time job more so than my previous one where i made all these models lol but again its good to see ppl are still enjoying my painstaking work 😃

7 minutes ago, Zero_Fucks_Given said:

glad to see ppl still using my stuff i gave up on modding fire emblem engage after colbalt started gaining popularity and my own burnout from it due to modding every outfit in the game lol not sure if i want to get back in it with my time being eaten up with work and playing other games but ill think about it and IF i do come back ill have to figure out colbalt as that will have a huge impact in anything i do gotta see if i can even make the time now that i got a full time job more so than my previous one where i made all these models lol but again its good to see ppl are still enjoying my painstaking work 😃

Hell yeah I am. Third playthru still rocking your all outfit mod. Good mod thankee for your work

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Nocron said:

Is there an easier way to look for mods other than just scrolling through every page?

As of yet I have not found it. I would love a dedicated per game submitted mods page. but that might not be in the cards for lovers lab

Just dropping by to let ya'll know i've commisioned a few mods that are already on Gamebanana. While they're not really explicit, they are skimpy outfits, those being Angel from the KoF games and Princess Athena from Athena. You can find both outfits in the mod called "extra outfits pack" on the skins section. As for what comes next, i'm thinking about commisioning the MK9 outfit for either Kitana or Mileena. I haven't really decided yet edit: i talked to the modder and he said there would be some issues, so instead i'm gonna request something else

Edited by Edurdong
4 hours ago, Edurdong said:

Just dropping by to let ya'll know i've commisioned a few mods that are already on Gamebanana. While they're not really explicit, they are skimpy outfits, those being Angel from the KoF games and Princess Athena from Athena. You can find both outfits in the mod called "extra outfits pack" on the skins section. As for what comes next, i'm thinking about commisioning the MK9 outfit for either Kitana or Mileena. I haven't really decided yet 

appreciated knowing it exists. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 8:51 AM, FPSeph said:

I didn't get from the LL discord, but from a FE modding discord, It's not really difficult.

First you're gonna need this tool:https://github.com/Raytwo/catalog_bundle_tool

It's a command prompt tool that'll allow you to extract and add entries from the game's catalog bundle. Basically you'll need this tool, a catalog.bundle from the game and a toml file in the same folder.

Then you'll dump the entry from the model you're working on, for example, if you're creating a edit for the swimsuit outfit but doesn't want to overwrite the original model, you can dump with the following command:

.\catalog_tools.exe -b catalog.bundle dump "Assets/Share/Addressables/Unit/Model/uBody/SwimF1/c000/Prefabs/uBody_SwimF1_c000.prefab" YourTomlFileName.toml

Of course the "YourTomlFileName" is supposed to be whatever you choose to name your toml file. This command will dump the informations of the model into it, when you open it, you'll get something like this:

image.png.9b7db3896f03db3c3647d766434b849e.png

After that, replace every single entry of the old model's "name" (In this tutorial case it's swimf1) to the one of your modded file (In my case it's sar0f4), save the file and then add it back to the catalog.bundle with the following command:

.\catalog_tools.exe -b catalog.bundle add catalog.bundle YourTomlFileName.toml

And that's it, your file will now be registered in the the game's catalog and can be "called" by the assettable if you want to edit it. But remember, in order for your edited model to appear ingame you'll need to edit your mod's assetbundle's container to the one you added, you can do this with UABEAvalonia by selecting the assetbundle (the asset with mainly letters and numbers in its name) and clicking on edit data, all the way down you'll se a string similar to the internal ID in the image above, change it to be the same as the internal ID of your modded file.

Obs: This is a personal tip but before you put your modded file into the game's mod folder, you need to make sure that the CAB number is different from it's original file, otherwise there will be a conflict of address and the original model will become invisible. You can solve this by opening your file on UABEA, clicking on Export All and export it to a dedicated folder, after that you'll need to rename these exported files to your mod's assetbundle name it will look like this:

image.png.8b58d9dfe2d7c7043ebdf4c5ccb9d51d.png

Then, on UABEA, rename the two files to the same name of your assetbundle, you'll notice the your mod size became 0, now click on Import All and select the folder with the previously renamed files, click on the dropdown menu and select the purple bundle (not the ".resS" one) and save. Now you can put your modded bundle in its game folder.

image.png.85f0c003dcf9c076fb7a2cb716b01810.png

Sorry to bother you, I would like to know if this packaging method works for any unity-game bundle files,Suppose there are two bundle files(A and B). After unpacking, you can get cab-c and cab-c.ress. Can I package A's cab-c and B's cab-c.ress? I was recently making a mod for a android-game, and I got two texture bundle files, both of which matched the same set of models,just the color inside is different