Fire Emblem Engage (Switch)

On 8/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, MerlinusTent said:

Just checking, what's your path to the ubody folder?

For Cobalt installation, the "romfs" folder will no longer be used.

Example:

Normal installation: <mod folder>/yourmod/romfs/Data/StreamingAssets/aa/Switch/fe_assets_unit/model/ubody

An example <mod folder> is like (if you're using Ryujinx) AppData/Roaming/Ryujinx/mods/contents/0100a6301214e000

Cobalt installation:

AppData/Roaming/Ryujinx/sdcard/engage/mods/yourmod/Data/StreamingAssets/aa/Switch/fe_assets_unit/model/ubody

Note that there is NO "romfs" folder here!

On another note, if you can get "some" of the costumes to appear, but not "all" of them, then very likely it is because you have mods affecting AssetTable that changes some of he DressModel pointers.

If you can be specific about "which" costumes are not appearing, we can identify the lines are need to be fixed.

Alternatively, if you remove all other mods, you can confirm to make sure all the costumes are there. Then you can add your mods back in one by one until you figure out which one is causing the issue.

so no head?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if someone can compile the best mods to use on switch and how to make all female characters full nude. 

I can get most the latest mods working but I can't find out how to make female characters and emblems full nude. When searching for an outfit the ones that are nude have accessories from the base outfit still there like Celine having parts from her dress still on her hips. As for emblems the only one I can get is Celica the others are nude but still wearing parts of there outfit . Can anyone help me on this?

@Mikenorm The best mods are the ones that you will enjoy playing with.  If you want the nude models (with no accessories), the first step is to grab the downloads in this thread (maybe around Page 42 and up).  The next step is to make AssetTable.xml additions to allow for all characters to use the model's file.

@AyakaAya If you already have the numerous nude mods within this thread, then all you need to do to make Marni nude is make AssetTable.xml changes.

On 9/14/2023 at 1:31 AM, D02836115 said:

@Mikenorm The best mods are the ones that you will enjoy playing with.  If you want the nude models (with no accessories), the first step is to grab the downloads in this thread (maybe around Page 42 and up).  The next step is to make AssetTable.xml additions to allow for all characters to use the model's file.

@AyakaAya If you already have the numerous nude mods within this thread, then all you need to do to make Marni nude is make AssetTable.xml changes.

Is there a guide to making assettable changes I don't won't to make any major screw ups?

8 minutes ago, AyakaAya said:

Can you teach me? Or at least point me in the right direction?

Sure.

I don't know how much knowledge you have, but please let me know how you want to proceed.  If you have your AssetTable.xml handy, it makes the process much easier.  You just need to search for Marni's MPID, which is MPID_Marron.

As far as the nude mod goes, there is only one base nude female body (typically Zepia's model uBody_Msn0DF_c553) and all female unit's body just point to it.

31 minutes ago, D02836115 said:

Sure.

I don't know how much knowledge you have, but please let me know how you want to proceed.  If you have your AssetTable.xml handy, it makes the process much easier.  You just need to search for Marni's MPID, which is MPID_Marron.

As far as the nude mod goes, there is only one base nude female body (typically Zepia's model uBody_Msn0DF_c553) and all female unit's body just point to it.

Ok, I got it! Thanks!

On 9/19/2023 at 7:16 AM, Salieri6 said:

I just read the whole thread and I'm still confused, what's the quickest way to install the mods rn? Cobalt? BOAMO 2.1? If anyone could give a detailed guide I'd be very glad

Since BOAMO v1.2.1 (I think?), it has been using Cobalt...so get both.

If using Colbalt, you cannot use mods that utilize romfs in \Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100a6301214e000\...the only directory that should be in here is the skyline directory that contains the files for Colbalt.

As of Colbalt v0.22.0, you will also need to place the cache.lut file in \AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\sdcard\engage\

BOAMO mods above v1.2.1 will be placed in \AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\sdcard\engage\mods\

7 hours ago, Salieri6 said:

So which mod should I put in the Cobalt /mod folder? Because I've tried with most and it either causes a crash or it doesn't work

My recommendation is:  Update Engage to v2.0.0 and GET COLBALT TO WORK FIRST WITH NO MODS.  Basically, vanilla while running Colbalt.

Colbalt:  https://github.com/Raytwo/Cobalt/releases/tag/v0.29.3

1. Remove all your currently installed mods or place them all somewhere else.

2. Place the latest main.npdm and subsdk9 files into \Appdata\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100a6301214e000\skyline\exefs\

3. Place the cache.lut file into \AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\sdcard\engage\

Once you have Colbalt working with no crashes and/or error codes, we can move on to installing mods.

Edited by D02836115
12 hours ago, D02836115 said:

My recommendation is:  Update Engage to v2.0.0 and GET COLBALT TO WORK FIRST WITH NO MODS.  Basically, vanilla while running Colbalt.

Colbalt:  https://github.com/Raytwo/Cobalt/releases/tag/v0.29.3

1. Remove all your currently installed mods or place them all somewhere else.

2. Place the latest main.npdm and subsdk9 files into \Appdata\Roaming\Ryujinx\mods\contents\0100a6301214e000\skyline\exefs\

3. Place the cache.lut file into \AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\sdcard\engage\

Once you have Colbalt working with no crashes and/or error codes, we can move on to installing mods.

It's done. No errors appear and it is working correctly, what's next?

1 hour ago, Salieri6 said:

It's done. No errors appear and it is working correctly, what's next?

1. Go to GameBanana and download your favorite mod that is Colbalt-compatible.  The earlier ones are most likely using Colbalt, so any one of them is fine.

a. Please follow any special installation instructions from the mod submitter as it may require other mods to function properly, such as Skill Expansion patch.

2. Place the mod inside \AppData\Roaming\Ryujinx\sdcard\engage\mods\ (you can just drop the ZIP file here ever since Colbalt v0.28.0 or extract it and drop the folder here instead, either works).

How do I redirect the nude model to Edelgard's BOAMO outfit? I saw in the thread a downloadable AssetTable.xml but it was for BOAMO 2.0.1., does it still work? Also Emblems are still not working except for Celica, once again I say that you had to redirect them to that model as well as Zephia's for character models. What's the easiest way to do that now?

7 hours ago, Salieri6 said:

How do I redirect the nude model to Edelgard's BOAMO outfit? I saw in the thread a downloadable AssetTable.xml but it was for BOAMO 2.0.1., does it still work? Also Emblems are still not working except for Celica, once again I say that you had to redirect them to that model as well as Zephia's for character models. What's the easiest way to do that now?

That's easy.  All you need to do are AssetTable.xml modifications.

If you search for Edelgard's BOAMO in AssetTable.xml (ubody_Ede0AF_c000), you can replace the DressModel field with the nude model (uBody_Msn0DF_c553).  That way, the nude model can become "equip-able" from the Shop.

For Emblems, you'd have to do a few more adjustments within the AssetTable.xml by searching for the section where the Emblems' information are (search for GID_Emblem Japanese Name), and then replace the Emblems whose DressModel you want nude to Celica's (uBody_Cel0AF_c580).

On 9/23/2023 at 7:18 PM, D02836115 said:

Notepad, Notepad++, Visual Studio, and many other word processing applications.

I'm sure you have better things to do instead of helping random's on the internet but if possible could you post a visual guide on the asset changes and what to do with the folders with the nude models in them. 

Im on switch I tired multiple times to add enhanced nude body 3.2 and emblems 1.2 which seemed like the best recent body's in this thread. I'm using the latest versions of cobalt and boamo but the full nude body's don't show up. I'm not sure if there supposed to take up one of Edel's outfits or her engage outfit

20230924_205048.jpg

20230924_205042.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mikenorm said:

I'm sure you have better things to do instead of helping random's on the internet but if possible could you post a visual guide on the asset changes and what to do with the folders with the nude models in them. 

Im on switch I tired multiple times to add enhanced nude body 3.2 and emblems 1.2 which seemed like the best recent body's in this thread. I'm using the latest versions of cobalt and boamo but the full nude body's don't show up. I'm not sure if there supposed to take up one of Edel's outfits or her engage outfit

20230924_205048.jpg

20230924_205042.jpg

Further more the only way I got nude body's in the game to begin with was by adding outfit packs like battle outfits and promoted classes from previous files in this thread to the title I'd in romfs I do have an engage mod folder with only boamo in it. 

Ultimately I'm trying to get just full nude bodies but the best I can do is from the outfit packs were the characters have little accessories from there fully clothed version like so the only one to be fully nude is celica. 

If anyone can just post an already done asset edit or so would be amazing.

20230924_205033.jpg

20230924_205020.jpg

20230924_205003.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikenorm said:

Further more the only way I got nude body's in the game to begin with was by adding outfit packs like battle outfits and promoted classes from previous files in this thread to the title I'd in romfs I do have an engage mod folder with only boamo in it. 

Ultimately I'm trying to get just full nude bodies but the best I can do is from the outfit packs were the characters have little accessories from there fully clothed version like so the only one to be fully nude is celica. 

If anyone can just post an already done asset edit or so would be amazing.

20230924_205033.jpg

20230924_205020.jpg

20230924_205003.jpg

You're right.  I do have better things to do...but I don't mind helping people in need.

The solution is the same as I've been outlining for the guys before you:  Just a bunch of AssetTable.xml modifications.  Please reference my recommendations for the modifications that you need to do in order to display the nude mod on the units that you want to be nude.

I'm sure that if the guys I helped before make the recommended changes that I gave them, they can probably share their AssetTable.xml at a later date.

Cross your fingers.