SOS is preventing game from launching.

I haven't found anything on this other than a post from 2018 that talked about plugin orders, but it didn't fix anything.

The SKSE box pops up, but the game never launches.

Re-installing/removing from mo2 and installing again doesn't seem to work.

(Fairly new to this whole modding scene so if there's anything I should add let me know.)

Which SKSE Box? The one that appears once you clicked on the SKSE Loader?

Which SoS Version do you use? I guess you use the recent version of Skyrim. The latest official version of SoS use a .DLL file that's not compatible with it. Delete it or try the DLL free version you can found somewhere here on LL.

9 hours ago, Lyreal said:

Which SKSE Box? The one that appears once you clicked on the SKSE Loader?

Which SoS Version do you use? I guess you use the recent version of Skyrim. The latest official version of SoS use a .DLL file that's not compatible with it. Delete it or try the DLL free version you can found somewhere here on LL.

The one that pops up for a split second after launching.

8 hours ago, TnTTnT said:

Just to confirm, you have install all required mod right?

Requirements:

• Skyrim SE v1.5.97
  • SKSE64 v2.0.17 (2.0.20 now for SE 1.5.97)
  • SkyUI v5.2SE +
  • XPMSSE v4.51 + (optional but highly recommended)

I have all the one's you've listed yes.

I had it working for a good while, but something must've happened after I closed the game the last time.

16 hours ago, Saladah said:

I tracked it down to the Schlongs of Skyrim.esp plugin. Game version hasn't changed to my knowledge.

Would have thought if it was related to a .esp then you would get to the beth logo and then crash, not that the game would never launch in the first place

For game version go \Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition and check the details section on SkyrimSE.exe as it should say its

image.png.8c7ab2177d6b3b72d58a1495cb6e0524.png

If its saying something higher than 1.5.97 then your on AE and need the AE version of SKSE