Thought about the attention system and realized yesterday that skyrim has internal greeting mechanic that already does mostly what I want to do. What I implemented for the attention overlaps/conflicts with it and for that I will look into skyrim greeting implementation if I can extend it without breaking things. I might also make this mod separate from MoaH as it seems that there is no framework for this yet. Also if papyrus/ck side implementation might get too heavy it might need dll which is better to be in its own mod anyway.

1 hour ago, poporaltemporal said:

Thought about the attention system and realized yesterday that skyrim has internal greeting mechanic that already does mostly what I want to do. What I implemented for the attention overlaps/conflicts with it and for that I will look into skyrim greeting implementation if I can extend it without breaking things. I might also make this mod separate from MoaH as it seems that there is no framework for this yet. Also if papyrus/ck side implementation might get too heavy it might need dll which is better to be in its own mod anyway.

Huh sounds good. Let's hope you can do the .dll with the address libraries that are out there. Otherwise it's a lot of compiling or different versions of the game. 

btw. it seems DAR got an update today. 

1 hour ago, Silvain said:

Huh sounds good. Let's hope you can do the .dll with the address libraries that are out there. Otherwise it's a lot of compiling or different versions of the game. 

I found story manager event player activate actor that seems to (if it works well) fill all my attention tracking needs for the initial release. I know how to code in native and I can manage dlls but want to avoid them as long as I can because then I will be compiling the dll each time there is update :D

1 hour ago, Silvain said:

btw. it seems DAR got an update today. 

Yeah noticed. I check all the mods updated daily in nexus and in loverslab. Nice to have it back.. But now my load times and animations are again cluster fucked :D

Edited by poporaltemporal

Story event isn't firing as is documented but thats actually not a biggie. Quest has "Misc" dialogue. This dialogue has hello trigger and I am able to do greets that either are silent and trigger text / scripted response or flirts. Problem is though that some other mods also do flirts same way and it will be silly that those comments don't trigger the mod event.

Have to look into this more tomorrow. Will then at least implement couple of hellos and emote responses. And think how I am able to add attention trigger on other mods that do hello flirts. There are not that many that make them so it should not be a biggie.

This is actually anyhow very great because this will enable me to do flirt dialogue much more immersive way. You might only be able to start flirt with someone that actually showed some interest for you.

Sound like progress!

This somehow reminds me that there is a marrying mechanic in the game. Any ideas for reactions to the amulet of mara? Or maybe just expanding on the "amulet to show disposition" thing Skyrim has going and do special interactions with amulets of dibella and/or artifacts of the deadra?

29 minutes ago, Silvain said:

Sound like progress!

This somehow reminds me that there is a marrying mechanic in the game. Any ideas for reactions to the amulet of mara? Or maybe just expanding on the "amulet to show disposition" thing Skyrim has going and do special interactions with amulets of dibella and/or artifacts of the deadra?

When I get that far I planned that Sanguine would react to marritial status and probably say something awful about marriage. Perhaps mocking Mara too. This could include wearing the amulet or any other aedra amulet for that matter. It could have hit to lose status with Sanguine. I also want to implement Mihails "Foglings" as Sanguines helpers. They could somehow react to those amulets as well. Perhaps stealing them and throwing away.

- Moved and removed some design notes that worked as out dated spoilers.

Now spying more on how different types of greetings are done in CK by vanilla and other mods. Its quite interesting. Seems nothing is what it suppose to be :) Much more wiser now and more confident that the attention feature will be awesome. Problems still are though that other mods make flatter and flirt comments that need to tricker the attention feature too. From now on its job of creating hell list of lines :D

Note on comment / dialogue mod compability

1) Mods that add Quest>Misc dialogue>Hello which are either abusive or flirt do not modify attention score.

2) Mods that add any extra Quest>Misc dialogue>Hellos decrease flirt or abusive comment chance. Which can be intended but know that if there are many such mods it maybe that you don't get any attention calculated from comments.

Refactored code that the project is easier to maintain. Since the project already have several features that expand they have now their own naming space so I actually find and manage easier things.

Since I edit on CK side I do some must do things for the introduction quest as I have to anyway verify today that I did not break anything. I also will add some flirts to get the attention system started.

Working on "Attention" lines. Starting with none sexual not so cheeky ones. Will fill the list according what I included in CK.

Common
You are sight for sore eyes.
{Elder comment}
Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk past again?
{Marriable flirt}
Mara spoke to me. He wants to tell you that he needs my heart back.
{Marriable flirt.}
I am not an artist, but I can paint us two into same picture.
{Marriable flirt.}
Do I know you? Because you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
{Marriable flirt.}
On a scale from 1 to 10, you are a 9.. and I am the 1 you need.
{Marriable flirt.}
Are you religious? Because you are answer to all my prayers.
{Marriable flirt.}

Here I am. What are your other two wishes?
{Marriable flirt. Rank?}
So when our friends ask us how we met, what are we going to tell them?
{Marriable flirt. Rank?}

Did it hurt when you fell out of sovngarde?
{Marriable nord flirt.}

Dumner:

Vaermina must not like you as you keep all sticks awake.
{Comment}
Molag bal must hate you. As you would dominate him with your looks.
{Comment}
Such beauty cannot be found without forbidden knowledge.
{Comment}

Edited by poporaltemporal
15 minutes ago, Silvain said:

After I knew how to prevent npcs from equipping Zad/DDs through SL Sexual Fame Framework it never made problems. Good and robust mod. Also used quite frequently.

Thats really annoying feature of the mod. Would like it to be default false. Actually now that you mentioned it probably will do a hack :D

I like the lines. Have a few comments though.

Spoiler

16 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

Mara spoke to me. He wants to tell you that he needs my heart back.

Maybe I'm not getting this right, but isn't Mara a "she"?

16 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

Because you are answer to all my prayers.

Because you are the answer to all my prayers.

17 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

sovngarde

Should probably be Sovngarde cause it's a name.

17 hours ago, poporaltemporal said:

Molag bal

Same as above: Molag Bal because it's a name.

4 hours ago, Silvain said:

I like the lines. Have a few comments though.

Hide contents

Maybe I'm not getting this right, but isn't Mara a "she"?

Because you are the answer to all my prayers.

Should probably be Sovngarde cause it's a name.

Same as above: Molag Bal because it's a name.

I write most things quickly on notepad++ and don't look at the capitalizations. Some of these I already had fixed in the versions I but in game but for example the articles are missing since my mother tongue does not have articles so I am kinda bad with them.

Deities probably don't have sexes so you can probably speak of them (if you don't count Talos) with either sex. All daedras are prefered as princes but meridia and nocturnal are female? So I am honestly bit confused.

Don't worry I get that, my English is far from perfect as well. :D

Well, probably a lot of room for interpretation there. Most have a certain depiction within skyrim though in form of the statues. And the wiki (where I checked if I didn't remember it wrong cause my Elder Scrolls lore is quite weak) says Mara is a goddess so I went with that.

Progress today:

- Added some comments. For various situations.

- Added separate faction for morph progress and made it to auto update with sex addiction. Final implementation needs still to be figured out. If this will update by sanguine and/or player actions.

- Fixed some namings.

- Moved sanguine ref to sanguine. Hulda has already done her part being test dummy.

- Not yet in game but made screen effect for high arousal when sex addicted. This is faint and hopefully not as disturbing as DWs effect is. Trigger needs to be yet added.

I am considering to separate the Attention / Comments from MoaH. To its own mod and simply use the framework in MoaH.

Comments and dialogue is completely own magic and getting it right needs tweaking.

I have some ideas that I would also like to do for the flirting but my time is limited so I will work on this feature more when I am done with some other stuff.