Samurai Maiden - Potential Modding

A new game is releasing on Steam while facing many issues. It has potential for lewdness for the interested, it however needs severe cleaning up for those willing and able to clean it up. I don't expect anybody to deal with this game, I'm however putting it out there "Just in case". 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1952250/SAMURAI_MAIDEN/

Issues with the game:

- Sony affiliated

- Price issues ($70-80 Canadian)

- Lacking clothing destruction (It's there, not as great as Bullet Girls Phantasia)

- Translation errors (JK switched to Gen Z, etc)

- Black void on panties

- Models disappear when too close in photo-mode

- Game was supposed to be a light Yuri focus.

----

Potential Modding:

- Figuring out clothing destruction mechanics

- Nude the girls

- Translation fixes.

- Prevent models (Characters) from disappearing when getting too close in photo-mode

- Etc.... (your call)

---------

Once the game releases this is all yours. You can figure out clothing destruction, how to nude-mod the characters, how to translate-fix the game, or whatever. ANd if you don't want to I don't blame you, I have a nasty sour taste with this game preferring Bullet Girls Phantasia, a game I now have on my Steam Deck after playing it pirated and bought it for PC. Once the dust settles maybe I'll jump back into this crazy game when its 50% discounted, or whatever. $70 Canadian is too much, even with a -10% discount. 

Have fun. I'll be lurking doing my own thing. Hijack my thread, or whatever you want to do. If I see mods I'll try to edit them into first post, or just make a new thread asking for this thread to be deleted. You're free to swap threads by asking to have this one deleted for one that can be more actively archived. 

-------

- Sankaku Spotlight:

https://www.sankakucomplex.com/2022/12/16/samurai-maiden-nude-mod-slaying-monsters-completely-undressed/?pg=X

- Fixed localization Corruption:

---------------

Mods of Importance:

(Place any mods in the mods folder. Costumes in costumes..... "mods\costumes\". Read each link's rules.)

- Uniform Texture Pack:

- Uncensored Mod V3:

- Uniform Tsumugi (Edit):

- Uniform pack (MK2):

- Samurai Maiden's Uncensor mod (reupload):

- Parapara Nude Mod (JKS Parapara Mod):

- Parapara Nude Mod (Iyo Nude):

- Parapara Nude Mod (Iyo Nude2) & (Fix)

- JKS Parapara Mod Swimsuit (Nude)

- JKS Parapara Mod SET - <------------------------------- Recommended.

- Pantsu Option:

- Iyo Shinobi (edit):

- Catlog.json (For any errors, etc) <----- For patching

- (Placeholder)

- (Placeholder)
- (Placeholder)

Edited by Arcticu

why is light yuri focus an issue lol

the black void under skirts only appears when in photo mode apparently so that will probably be as simple as making a cheat engine script and then isolating the flag that turns on the back void. once you do that you can just set it to never turn on probably

or maybe if we use something like 3dmigoto for this game we can just erase the black void texture directly and not have to worry about it

6 minutes ago, hilbo75 said:

why is light yuri focus an issue lol

the black void under skirts only appears when in photo mode apparently so that will probably be as simple as making a cheat engine script and then isolating the flag that turns on the back void. once you do that you can just set it to never turn on probably

or maybe if we use something like 3dmigoto for this game we can just erase the black void texture directly and not have to worry about it

Just quoting what other people said on the 'light yuri focus', they were expecting more. Other people were expecting something on a 'Kiss of a Petal' type level, or whatever. Or 'Bullet Girls Phantasia'. That one isn't my comment so I won't elaborate, it's just other people had issue with one. People were expecting deeper and proper yuri. *shrug*

Nice to see you have an idea on the black void part, shall leave that to whoever wants to fix that December 8th onward. Nice. Hopefully we can mend a few of these weird issues for this weird game. I need this sour vibes to dissolve so I can focus on this game later. Maybe I'll shell out the hefty $70 on this game later if I see it tempt me back in. Maybe. THanks for the reply though, one of the better more helpful responses :)

well 3dmigoto works as usual. game is in unity. the protagonist has her underwear, torso, and lower body down to about her knees renedered underneath her clothes. image.png.5fdd61ec989f50412eaf97e5f708ed2a.png

i dont have the dlc costumes so i dont know what the situation is for making those invisible. the protagonist does also have her body rendered under her bra and panties (though with no explicit details obviously). her butt is cute

14 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

well 3dmigoto works as usual. game is in unity. the protagonist has her underwear, torso, and lower body down to about her knees renedered underneath her clothes. image.png.5fdd61ec989f50412eaf97e5f708ed2a.png

i dont have the dlc costumes so i dont know what the situation is for making those invisible. the protagonist does also have her body rendered under her bra and panties (though with no explicit details obviously). her butt is cute

The underwear being modeled like that makes me think they absolutely planned to have a more extensive clothing damage system at the start of development before trying to tone down the content.

2 hours ago, nothingworksfuck said:

I'm not sure how to use 3dmidogo but everything seems to be packed into .bundle files? not sure if there is a tool out there to unpack and repack them. If there is a tool out there im sure we can extract usable files to modify and just toss into 3dmigoto. I'm new to the process

3dmigoto doesnt really care about the game files. its a program you can use to edit textures and models without having to unpack anything

if you dont want to use 3dmigoto, samurai maiden is a unity game and generally unity assets can be unpacked and repacked with Unreal Asset Bundle Extractor, and they can be viewed with AssetStudio

2 hours ago, untestedpower said:

Yeah this is definitely feeling like lewd stuff was cut out of this game to get that teen rating.

Yep absolutely, fully destructible clothing was clearly supposed to be in given the detail and wouldn't be surprised if a minigame or two was scrapped as well among other in-game features. So much potential thrown out the window.

3 hours ago, Fox696 said:

Yep absolutely, fully destructible clothing was clearly supposed to be in given the detail and wouldn't be surprised if a minigame or two was scrapped as well among other in-game features. So much potential thrown out the window.

THIS IS BECAUSE OF SONY THOSE IDIOT DOING SAME WITH SENRAN KAGURA BECAUSE OF THIS FUKING BIG BULL SHIT POLITIQUE SENRAN KAGURA SEVEN MAYBE NEVER COME OUT BECAUSE OF SONY MOTHER FUCKER

2 hours ago, xlegendgame said:

THIS IS BECAUSE OF SONY THOSE IDIOT DOING SAME WITH SENRAN KAGURA BECAUSE OF THIS FUKING BIG BULL SHIT POLITIQUE SENRAN KAGURA SEVEN MAYBE NEVER COME OUT BECAUSE OF SONY MOTHER FUCKER

Stop using all caps in every reply man...

3 hours ago, Caliburnblade said:

Just say it straight to their faces though.

yeah i'm fuking ready man say what i'm thinking from those fucker i'l just send message to sony support and comment on ps5 version of the game so more then this sorry but need to go to japan no way also send fuking message on facebook on twith so...you think i'm not fuking serious 

Edited by xlegendgame

Finally, got the model loaded on blender, after creating the script to merge vb0*.txt and vb1*.txt.

But I haven't started to work on the script to split the vb file into vb0 and vb1, and I'm not sure if I can make one. I'm terrible at python.

image.thumb.png.f1d3aea1858a2b57633d8a41e84ddcc5.png

27 minutes ago, taq_k said:

Finally, got the model loaded on blender, after creating the script to merge vb0*.txt and vb1*.txt.

But I haven't started to work on the script to split the vb file into vb0 and vb1, and I'm not sure if I can make one. I'm terrible at python.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fd8d524602e6861dbd21247d8c44f04d299727dcae50cab7d91947db77033962/1280/https://static.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_2022_12/image.thumb.png.f1d3aea1858a2b57633d8a41e84ddcc5.png

Good start make the pc version shine and go unique death to the censorship

39 minutes ago, taq_k said:

I'm very experienced with Python but I only have experience with basic texture mods and I don't really know what you're trying to do here. Maybe I could create the script for you if you explain what exactly it needs to do?

1 hour ago, taq_k said:

image.thumb.png.f1d3aea1858a2b57633d8a41e84ddcc5.png

Maybe you could ask @amorrow28 for tips? They did a lot of work with 3DM stuff for the Trails games.