On 10/1/2023 at 9:02 PM, Lucky Sparrow said:

Try completing the Companions quest.  After that if Aela is down in a bleed out pose during a fight, I'm pretty sure you can deliver a killing blow

i already finished Glory of the dead mission. Aela is still immortal, but Ria (and other companions who haven't been recruited) can be killed by me. tried to uninstall NFF and ask Ria to be my follower. now she is immortal. 

On 10/1/2023 at 10:08 PM, kamoewarrior said:

Look up which npcs are essential (cannot be kill even by the player). Some are essential until a certain point of a quest, like aela until the end of the companions questline, and some are perpetually essential like esbern.

Try testing the immortal bug on housecarls.

nope, i know who are immortals and not immortals. but, i think this mod makes all of my recruited followers immortal. tried to kill Ria whom havent been recruited and she dead. Restart game, recruited her and killed her. Now she is immortal and trying to kill me. 

10 hours ago, terrytikus said:

i already finished Glory of the dead mission. Aela is still immortal, but Ria (and other companions who haven't been recruited) can be killed by me. tried to uninstall NFF and ask Ria to be my follower. now she is immortal. 

It's got to be a conflict with one of your mods.  When you complete the Companions quest Aela is no longer essential, that's hard wired.  If she's still essential, then one or more of your mods is keeping her essential.  Have you checked your NFF settings

On 10/5/2023 at 2:31 AM, Lucky Sparrow said:

It's got to be a conflict with one of your mods.  When you complete the Companions quest Aela is no longer essential, that's hard wired.  If she's still essential, then one or more of your mods is keeping her essential.  Have you checked your NFF settings

No, this mod does it (Aela and Lydia have this problem even i uninstalled NFF). But fortunately, it's fixed with PROTEUS Mod installed (actually i wanted recruit other NPCs as my followers, but i found that this mod can fix my problem). tried with Ysolda (at first similar to Aela and Lydia, immortal). then change her setting to be killable and it works. now i can do necro to my followers. 

I met a small problem: I am using SkyHUD, and it sets a smaller font for notifications, but whenever an NPC vs NPC defeat activity is triggered, all notifications will change to the large vanilla size and never change back until I restart the game. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

On 10/8/2023 at 5:09 AM, w740su said:

I met a small problem: I am using SkyHUD, and it sets a smaller font for notifications, but whenever an NPC vs NPC defeat activity is triggered, all notifications will change to the large vanilla size and never change back until I restart the game. Does anyone know how can I fix this?

Seems like a SkyHUD problem to me. This mod was made for the default UI so its likely SkyHUD has some incompatibilities with this mod's notifications.

On 10/9/2023 at 4:30 AM, kamoewarrior said:

Seems like a SkyHUD problem to me. This mod was made for the default UI so its likely SkyHUD has some incompatibilities with this mod's notifications.

Thanks! I thought it was caused by Defeat as it only changes the font size when NPC vs NPC is triggered and all other notifications won't change it. It is indeed a known problem of SkyHUD and they said they don't have a fix for it. I found a solution is to lower the font size in the Defeat's SkyUiLib file: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/3227. It looks fine now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 7:51 PM, HexBolt8 said:

You should see creatures in the creatures section of Defeat's victim page.  If your list is empty, that's a clue.  Defeat builds its creature list from SexLab.  The creature animations toggle must be enabled in SexLab, and it wants the FNIS Creature Pack installed.  Under SexLab's Toggle Animations, select Toggle Creatures and verify that the animations FNIS Creature Pack animations are enabled.  On SexLab's Rebuild & Clean page, be sure that all required mods show "OK".  If something is missing here, rerun GenerateFNISForUsers, and if necessary clean and rebuild the SexLab animation registry.  You might also have to try resetting or disabling and re-enabling Defeat. 

When I start a new game, I begin by initially enabling only SexLab core mods, letting that settle down, saving, then enabling the next tier of SexLab related mods like Defeat and launching the game again, and then repeat with a third tier.  It's slower, but I don't have a large number of interdependent mods all trying to start and initialize at the same time. 

Thank you for this! This fixed the very issue I was having. I had just turned stuff on without a particular order in mind other than SL first, and didn't think that enabling creature anims in SL AFTER turning on Defeat wouldn't allow defeat to pick them up, so I reset Defeat like you said, and now it's all good!

On 11/24/2021 at 3:59 PM, Bane Master said:

Hi All,

Here is an updated version of Defeat based on the original Defeat 5.3.5

This update is focused purely on fixing bugs in the original Defeat and does not add new features, therefore I am calling this version Defeat 5.3.6.

Defeat 5.3.6 is standalone, it does not require Defeat 5.3.5

ChangeLog Defeat V5.3.6 Bane 18092023

• Fixed a potential dialogue conflict with Submissive Lola: The Resubmission
  • Fixed a cause of occasional hangs where the Aggressors don't initiate Assault dialogue with the player after Knockdown/Surrender
  • Fixed Aggressors ignoring followers until hit when the Player is downed
  • Fixed Surrender scenes hanging in Strugglebar state at the end of assaults 
  • Followers will no longer stand around looking bored during Surrender scenes
  • Fixed MCM hotkeys being in an inconsistent state after Import or Reconfigure (Also the custom struggle bar color is now saved)   
  • Fixed Downed followers intervening as Witnesses
  • Fixed some link errors and grammar in the English interface file (sexlabdefeat_english.txt)
  • Fixed a condition that could cause Followers to stop combat when the Player is Defeated
  • Fixed the follower down first re-agro bug
  • Fixed compilation errors in some dialogue script fragments and populated a number of empty script properties
  • Fixed the Surrender key getting unbound issue
  • Fixed MCM Knockdown duration setting not working for followers
  • Fixed Defeat's Essential Player function failing when in None Locations
  • Tidied up some dialogue grammar - mostly in DefeatPlayerQST and regenerated SEQ File

The motivation for doing this was to provide a more stable platform for AndrewLRG's excellent Dynamic Defeat patch. I'm happy to say that he has been kind enough to provide an updated version of his patch that forwards the fixes I have added in Defeat 5.3.6 and provides some additional Dynamic Defeat bugfixes and content.

Changelog Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch V1.4 (for Defeat Version 5.3.6) by  AndrewLRG

• Fixed an issue when Dynamic Defeat was not working with creatures;
  • Fixed a small bug that could cause Devious Suit not be re-equipped;
  • Added a "creature toggle" option to disable/enable some Post-Assault events when defeated by creatures; (thanks to DonQuiWho for suggestion). Option can be found in Defeats MCM/Player Post-Assault page.
  • Updated Defeat's import/export mechanics to include all added features.

It should be possible to update a vanilla Defeat 5.3.5 game to Defeat 5.3.6 with or without the LRG Dynamic Defeat Patch but as ever, if you have problems,  either clean your save or start a new game. 

When updating to 18092023 you need to run 'Check for Compatible Mods' from the MCM to activate the updated follower animations after surrender.

Please note this version of Defeat and the Dynamic Defeat patch are NOT compatible with any other Defeat patches or versions.

Thanks to DonQuiWho and Herowynne for taking the time to beta test Defeat 5.3.6

SL Defeat SSE.5.3.6 Bane 18092023.7z 5.56 MB · 1,117 downloads SL Defeat LE.5.3.6 Bane 18092023.7z 6.37 MB · 127 downloads Dynamic Defeat LRG Patch 1.4 for Bane 18092023.zip 250.48 kB · 450 downloads

@Bane MasterWeird, after update this version my defeat wont show up (even in new save game)

Thanks

Untitled (2).png

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2023.11.07 - 14.31.15.54 (2).png

7 hours ago, iDREIS MAD said:

@Bane MasterWeird, after update this version my defeat wont show up (even in new save game)

Nobody else has reported this so I'm afraid it's most likely to be an issue with your install/setup

7 hours ago, iDREIS MAD said:

and do you still have version before this? can you share it again please?

I made no changes to the MCM in the last update so I'm not sure it will help but I'll PM it to you

Request For Help!

On the subject of updates I have been fixing Defeat stripping to work with Bikini armours - (by increasing the strip slots available in the Defeat MCM) and I stumbled across a typo in a soft link to a SexLabDefeat.esp resource.

To be on the safe side I then checked all the defeat scripts for the same error and found a total of 25 invalid soft links!

These errors are present in the original Defeat (5.3.5) and may well explain some of the dialogue/scene hangs, disappearing NPC's in sacks etc. Correcting them might also make some of the previous changes I have made to fix broken stuff unnecessary!

I have already seen a couple of mod behaviours fire that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen before (or at least since the Original Defeat years ago). I also stuffed a bandit in sack took them to Riften and sold them with no issues/disappearances!

Given the scope of the changes I'm going to play around with the new fixed version for a while to see how it's working, obviously if anyone is willing to also do some testing that would speed up the possibility of release considerably.

If you feel can offer some support by play testing the new version please PM me.

21 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Request For Help!

On the subject of updates I have been fixing Defeat stripping to work with Bikini armours - (by increasing the strip slots available in the Defeat MCM) and I stumbled across a typo in a soft link to a SexLabDefeat.esp resource.

To be on the safe side I then checked all the defeat scripts for the same error and found a total of 25 invalid soft links!

These errors are present in the original Defeat (5.3.5) and may well explain some of the dialogue/scene hangs, disappearing NPC's in sacks etc. Correcting them might also make some of the previous changes I have made to fix broken stuff unnecessary!

I have already seen a couple of mod behaviours fire that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen before (or at least since the Original Defeat years ago). I also stuffed a bandit in sack took them to Riften and sold them with no issues/disappearances!

Given the scope of the changes I'm going to play around with the new fixed version for a while to see how it's working, obviously if anyone is willing to also do some testing that would speed up the possibility of release considerably.

If you feel can offer some support by play testing the new version please PM me.

Normally I would, but my game's bust right now.  ALL my installed mods disappeared when the folder went AWOL.  Rebuilding it all from scratch is a pain

Sorry I can't help as sounds good.  Thanks for keeping on top of the mod, tho

DQW

28 minutes ago, Rushman_93 said:

anybody getting the same problem or even have learned of a way to solve it?

It does happen occasionally in the current version - normally Defeats Clean Up option should fix it

The good new is that the version I'm currently working on/testing seems to have fixed this and a whole range of other bugs

5 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

It does happen occasionally in the current version - normally Defeats Clean Up option should fix it

The good new is that the version I'm currently working on/testing seems to have fixed this and a whole range of other bugs

Thanks for the reply, I'm currently troubleshooting this and I'll see if the clean up helps. Also, have you come across the problem of Defeat not using multiple actors? I had this problem with Baka's version as well, and I'm wondering if that might be because I'm using SLATE in my current load order.

On 11/7/2023 at 11:20 PM, Bane Master said:

Request For Help!

Speaking about testing

- this "Multiple chance" is increase PC/NPC get Threesome, not Multiple chance get another round.
Defeat > Player as Victim / NPC vs NPC > Assault by Creature
From my new and previous save game- if there defeat sex get interrupted, the next defeat sex scene will get teleport to location where the last one get interrupt

- if turn on "multiple chance (threesome)" on Assault by Creature, sometime it will mix creature with npc or creature with different race creature and those make game error (cause no animation). 

Thanks again

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2023.11.10 - 01.17.57.05.png

Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Screenshot 2023.11.10 - 01.18.52.99.png

33 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

if only I could find people willing to test the new version

I'm afraid I don't get it - what is the risk of making publicly available your new version if it has some obvious errors corrected compared to situation where bugged and unfixed version(s) were out there for years and didn't actually kill anybody (that I know of)?

4 hours ago, PippinTom said:

I'm afraid I don't get it

Well I didn't expect (another) debate about the joys of Mod creation/maintenance....

There are two reasons I prefer to test thoroughly....

1.  I personally try not to release things I know to be bugged.
  2.  I have limited time to provide support (see 1)
  3.  In the case of defeat there are already way too many versions with a range of bugs floating around and I don't want to add to them

there are THREE reasons I prefer to test thoroughly!

4. It would be nice to feel that a few people using my mods are invested enough to take some of the workload from me

there are FOUR reasons... 

....I'll come in again ?

Edited by Bane Master