Persona 5 royal modding

9 hours ago, Faloth said:

For extracting the Sprites/Bustups and repacking them you can use this tool:
DDSToolGUI:
https://mega.nz/file/ywcEhLAR#2Qf6-Byc2Kf6h3YxAqshIPsVanMyowJm_DQoo6G0EBs

Any ideas for some sprite changes you guys would like to see?

The combat finishers for all females could be drawn to reflect the nude skins maybe? or more skimpy

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.54afe2f08c940f50012eb0b8a8f49078.png

Edited by zecknor

Got it working and want to share how I did it for anyone struggling like I was an hour ago.

First I unpacked EN.CPK using cricpkgui.

Next copy the numbered folders in the provided download to the character folder inside Model

Then in CriPackedFileMaker I selected the unpacked folder as my base directory and packed it directly into P5R/CPK replacing the old EN.CPK with "Try Compression" unchecked.

Finally I renamed the file back to EN.CPK. Case sensitive

50 minutes ago, BrotherbearNova said:

Got it working and want to share how I did it for anyone struggling like I was an hour ago.

Next copy the numbered folders in the provided download to the character folder inside Model

Then in CriPackedFileMaker I selected the unpacked folder as my base directory and packed it directly into P5R/CPK replacing the old EN.CPK with "Try Compression" unchecked.

I tried doing what you did and I ended up deleting the whole game

1 hour ago, BrotherbearNova said:

Thanks for this, unfortunately still no dice for me, game crashes on launch. It's like the tools I'm using are not working properly, I feel like I'm doing everything right but the CPK output is faulty. I'm using Cripakgui to extract and CriPackedFileMaker to build and have tried numerous versions of the tool that I've downloaded online, but each time, even if i just extract and repack without making any file changes the new CPK will cause my game to crash on launch.

Would it be possible for someone to just upload their EN.CPK file with the mod files already packed in a dropbox link or something that we could just easily download and add into the P5R CPK folder? 

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know

Edited by awol1234
7 hours ago, awol1234 said:

Thanks for this, unfortunately still no dice for me, game crashes on launch. It's like the tools I'm using are not working properly, I feel like I'm doing everything right but the CPK output is faulty. I'm using Cripakgui to extract and CriPackedFileMaker to build and have tried numerous versions of the tool that I've downloaded online, but each time, even if i just extract and repack without making any file changes the new CPK will cause my game to crash on launch.

Would it be possible for someone to just upload their EN.CPK file with the mod files already packed in a dropbox link or something that we could just easily download and add into the P5R CPK folder? 

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know

I used the tools uploaded in this thread, the cripakgui version on github didn't work for me either. I'm still pretty new to this type of modding so all I can really say is make sure all the files extract, make sure compression is unchecked, keep a copy of EN.CPK in a separate folder so you don't have to reinstall the game, and don't be an idiot like me the first time deleting/replacing the character folder, you just need to copy the content into the folder/delete nothing.

8 hours ago, foxmn said:

I tried doing what you did and I ended up deleting the whole game

oof. I did that the first time too, keep a copy of EN.CPK in another folder while troubleshooting so you don't have to reinstall.

Here's what I told another guy who was having issues.

I used the tools uploaded in this thread, the cripakgui version on github didn't work for me either. I'm still pretty new to this type of modding so all I can really say is make sure all the files extract, make sure compression is unchecked, keep a copy of EN.CPK in a separate folder so you don't have to reinstall the game, and don't be an idiot like me the first time deleting/replacing the character folder, you just need to copy the content into the folder/delete nothing.

6 hours ago, hotNess16 said:

How about nude versions of the girls? 

In the previous thread for the Persona 5 RPCS3, I posted a file that had Ann nude-edited portraits (a version where it's just her completely naked as well as a version of her naked but with her accessories). I was never able to get it to work in RPCS3. But they are all BINs that I recompiled with the DDSU2 tool. Never got around to making the edits for the other girls.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:32 AM, jmedia7 said:

If anyone wants to beta test--

ann, makoto, haru, kasumi, kawakami, and hifumi nude

Haven't gotten far enough to test each character.

There was an issue with the shadow map so I had to remove it for now. So the body texture looks off depending on the lighting.

RoyalNudeBeta.7z 49.96 MB · 356 downloads

(i'll explain the install later)

image.thumb.jpeg.0ab7e9fcb2da9422f5132bb639d86b74.jpeg

how to make this work on pc?

I got the nude mod for the PS3 emulated version of the game working on the steam release by using the mod loader posted above and following the instructions.

There is an obvious neckseam, though I'm taking a wild (and utterly ignorant) guess and attributing that to texture differences between the different game versions, seeing as I didn't notice the seam in the screenshots in the 'Persona 5 (rpcs3) modding' thread. I imagine it'll be fixed when jmedia7 releases a proper version for the PC release.

ItsWorking.jpg

18 minutes ago, Rambles said:

I got the nude mod for the PS3 emulated version of the game working on the steam release by using the mod loader posted above and following the instructions.

There is an obvious neckseam, though I'm taking a wild (and utterly ignorant) guess and attributing that to texture differences between the different game versions, seeing as I didn't notice the seam in the screenshots in the 'Persona 5 (rpcs3) modding' thread. I imagine it'll be fixed when jmedia7 releases a proper version for the PC release.

ItsWorking.jpg

Can you explain how to use the Persona 5 Royal Essentials mod in Reloader II to actually replace CPK files? 

I have it here but not sure what to do with it

image.png.69f295d52c5a760ea6723100c10136d3.png

20 minutes ago, awol1234 said:

Can you explain how to use the Persona 5 Royal Essentials mod in Reloader II to actually replace CPK files? 

I have it here but not sure what to do with it

image.png.69f295d52c5a760ea6723100c10136d3.png

Click the triple gear icon.

Click 'New'.

Enter whatever for a mod name.

Make sure it is dependent on 'Persona 5 Royal Essentials'.

Mark the mod as being a Persona 5 Royal mod and save it.

In your file management program of choice, go to the folder for Reloaded 2. There should be a 'Mods' folder, which should have a folder for the dummy mod you created.

In that mod folder, create a new folder called 'P5REssentials'. Inside that folder, create a 'CPK' folder. Inside the 'CPK' folder, create a 'EN.CPK' folder.

Extract the 'model' folder and its contents into the 'EN.CPK' folder.

If you aren't playing the game in English, you'll want to name the 'EN.CPK' folder for the language you are using.

Those are the steps I took after parsing through the instructions in the documentation for the Essentials mod and the mod manager itself.

Also, I'm far from an expert on this. I just looked through the documentation and crossed my fingers that I was doing the right thing, and I'm just glad it worked.

Edited by Rambles
Typo
15 minutes ago, Rambles said:

Click the triple gear icon.

Click 'New'.

Enter whatever for a mod name.

Make sure it is dependent on 'Persona 5 Royal Essentials'.

Mark the mod as being a Persona 5 Royal mod and save it.

In your file management program of choice, go to the folder for Reloaded 2. There should be a 'Mods' folder, which should have a folder for the dummy mod you created.

In that mod folder, create a new folder called 'P5REssentials'. Inside that folder, create a 'CPK' folder. Inside the 'CPK' folder, create a 'EN.CPK' folder.

Extract the 'model' folder and its contents into the 'EN.CPK' folder.

If you aren't playing the game in English, you'll want to name the 'EN.CPK' folder for the language you are using.

Those are the steps I took after parsing through the instructions in the documentation for the Essentials mod and the mod manager itself.

Also, I'm far from an expert on this. I just looked through the documentation and crossed my fingers that I was doing the right thing, and I'm just glad it worked.

Thank you sir, holy hell it's been like 3 days and 20 hours of trying to get this to work and I've finally figured out a solution in a finalhail mary attempt. I got jmedia7's new Royal Mod to work on Steam and here's how:

Following Ramble's instruction above, except a few differences. I created a BASE.CPK folder in the CPK folder instead of EN.CPK. And then I manually created an additional MODEL folder within the BASE.CPK folder and then added in there the Mod files: starting from Character folder => 0004 folder, etc.

Hope that helps anyone else whose been struggling, I felt like I was cursed and nothing I tried worked haha. Thanks all

2 hours ago, jmedia7 said:

Figured out the main issue. Should have a finalized version for ann soon. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f550f0a88d2b898531407ce909388038.jpeg

Also does anyone have a late game save file so I can test out the rest of the cast?

Constructive Criticism on your nude mods (Beta version):

-The skin color and tone are mismatched with the head (Ann for example: Swinsuit hex code: #cba8be. Mod hex code: #c59eac). Along with lack of proper shading makes the characters feel awkward. Is there a way to reverse engineer from the Swimsuit?

-Sadayo has that classic mismatch line on the neck.

-Kasumi's feet are shortened and painfully small. Is there a bone problem with the heels of her Phantom outfit?

-Pubic hair and vaginas aren't defined enough. They might as well as have Barbie Doll Anatomy because how hard it is to notice during gameplay. Need to do something to make them stand out in P5's dim lighting.

Amazing work still.

Edited by WWWWAS741
12 minutes ago, jmedia7 said:

Ann nude mod v1.

Install with Reloaded 2: https://gamebanana.com/mods/408376

Place into the Mod folder. The mod is set to BOOBA.CPK

Delete the old version if you installed it.

Replaces the yasogami outfit and phantom thief outfit instead of the swimsuit.

Nude Mod.7z 13.22 MB · 4 download

Please do whatever you did for Ann and the other PT girls for Kawakami and Hifumi, because they're working on PS4. I'm assuming you made the new models (C####) using the models from Royal PC. While the old models were made using the vanilla PS3 version for use with RPCS3. Which would explain why they have texture issues on PS4.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 21-33-17 [OBS].png