Jump to content

Persona 5 royal modding


Recommended Posts

Persona 5 royal is on steam and nintendo switch now. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1687950/Persona_5_Royal/

 

capsule_616x353.jpg.65c196531219db8ed74759020a2de758.jpgss_cfa96c0c9a983689b48cc679ddc63cfe373c2b9a.1920x1080.jpg.98a05b2969bac76d29f43e1ef27e51cd.jpgP5R_07-05-19.jpg.f1fc498d4b2afd21cce317699f101935.jpg221432263_maxresdefault(1).jpg.d533d05e4222cb2e4f11f3dc3c4e7074.jpg

 

Modding guides:

Main guide: https://crowpocalypse.gitbook.io/making-custom-models-for-persona-5/

A few changes for royal though: ignore the poly count section and the mod compendium section. And export the base.cpk with CriPakGUI to get all the models and animations.

My general workflow: load the gmd model in 3ds max, export as fbx, import it to blender, delete all the extra stuff, make my changes, export as obj, import the obj into 3ds max under a seperate layer, set up the materials and rig the body, delete parts of the original model that I don't want, export as fbx, load original gmd into gfd studio, replace model with modded fbx, add the textures from the original gmd, add a shadowmap texture, (gfd studio auto-asigns materials and usually gets the colors wrong so I export whataver is the skin material from the original model and then replace all the new materials with that one. This also gives the material a shadow map to make it look better. Then change the name of the diffuse map and shadow map under each of those materials to match my modded textures.    Then export as gmd.   

It's kind of a long process, but it's easy once you get used to it. 

The normal fbx export in blender isnt compatible with p5, which is why the 3dsmax fbx is used. The "better fbx" plugin might work for blender though, I havent tried it.

Also, i suggest making backup saves and saves of the original gmd, so you won't have to keep re-importing the model.

You can also load animations with gfd studio (the gap files) to check for weight issues without having to run the game.

 

Edited by jmedia7
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, jmedia7 said:

oh, dang. Did you use Aemulus to install the mod? It hasn't released for me yet so I'm not sure how it works

I didn't know how to use Aemulus so I packed it with CriPackedFileMaker without compression

It's a bit bigger, but it's working fine

 

kor.PNG

Edited by sigongahnjoa
Link to comment
12 hours ago, sigongahnjoa said:

I didn't know how to use Aemulus so I packed it with CriPackedFileMaker without compression

It's a bit bigger, but it's working fine

 

kor.PNG

wait, so you packed those persona 5 mods in royal gamepass and still work as intended?

Link to comment
8 hours ago, ValentDs said:

wait, so you packed those persona 5 mods in royal gamepass and still work as intended?

yeah 

 

2342132.png

 

Of course it seems possible because this is a simple modeling swap

If GAP needs to be modified, it does not seem to be applied properly

Edited by sigongahnjoa
Link to comment
8 hours ago, mell_mell said:

image.png.e5e5788435797a0f2fbeaf09d58040ca.pngimage.png.65d7725b6f982e0e7a7f835b23ee7153.png

I extracted Base.CPK using crifilesystem, but GMD file is not extracted. I don't know the cause.

The extraction is not completed with the current "cripakedfilemaker" and is turned off

To give you a tip for extraction, select all of them in cripakgui and try it as a decompress item.

It is recommended to use the cripakedfilemaker only for pack

Edited by sigongahnjoa
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, sigongahnjoa said:

The extraction is not completed with the current "cripakedfilemaker" and is turned off

To give you a tip for extraction, select all of them in cripakgui and try it as a decompress item.

It is recommended to use the cripakedfilemaker only for pack

Thank you bro.

I'll try again.

Link to comment
54 minutes ago, sigongahnjoa said:

yeah 

 

2342132.png

 

Of course it seems possible because this is a simple modeling swap

If GAP needs to be modified, it does not seem to be applied properly

Bruh... I couldn't get the nude mods to work right on the PS4 version of Royal with Aemulus or Amicitia. And you're saying they just work on PC by swapping them in the CriPAK?

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, UZTO said:

Bruh... I couldn't get the nude mods to work right on the PS4 version of Royal with Aemulus or Amicitia. And you're saying they just work on PC by swapping them in the CriPAK?

There was a crash when I did the high res texture file, but there was no big problem with modeling other than that

It is similar not only to nude mods but also to other p5 mod models

Change of costume modes that do not completely change characters work without problems

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, sigongahnjoa said:

There was a crash when I did the high res texture file, but there was no big problem with modeling other than that

It is similar not only to nude mods but also to other p5 mod models

Change of costume modes that do not completely change characters work without problems

Yeah, but not for these nude mods on PS4 for some reason. This is what happened when I tried to do a simple model swap the usual way. (Through Amicitia and Aemulus' mod.cpk)

 

2022-09-03 21-51-10.mp4_snapshot_00.11_[2022.09.03_21.56.52].jpg

2022-09-03 21-51-10.mp4_snapshot_00.02_[2022.09.03_21.56.39].jpg

 

No textures. Even when I tried downscaling them from 4k to standard.

Edited by UZTO
Link to comment
2 hours ago, sigongahnjoa said:

The extraction is not completed with the current "cripakedfilemaker" and is turned off

To give you a tip for extraction, select all of them in cripakgui and try it as a decompress item.

It is recommended to use the cripakedfilemaker only for pack

It only lets me decompress one at a time. Would you mind posting a guide

Edited by jmedia7
Link to comment
2 hours ago, sigongahnjoa said:

The extraction is not completed with the current "cripakedfilemaker" and is turned off

To give you a tip for extraction, select all of them in cripakgui and try it as a decompress item.

It is recommended to use the cripakedfilemaker only for pack

I could not get either of those tools to work. They worked fine on my PS3 files but not with the steam version.

 

Correction: I may be misremembering things. I'm using the patch functionality of cripakgui and it seems to be working. I think that's what I also used to mod the PS3 version.

Edited by Hi-FiMan
Correction
Link to comment
1 hour ago, jmedia7 said:

It only lets me decompress one at a time. Would you mind posting a guide

I got a similar request when I wrote a guide for the Korean community. It probably doesn't seem to work with what's on github.

 

To be honest, I can't even remember where I got this from, but I'm posting the link because I have what I have.

https://anonfiles.com/j3ncI5D1ya/Cripakgui_zip

 

 

Edited by sigongahnjoa
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...