I am debating this myself. 

Coming back to Skyrim after a few months with a fresh re-installation and starting from scratch.  Seeing DAR and HDT-SMP are outdated (HDT-SMP being dead for AE since it is no longer updated), I am probably going to pass on AE. 

I thought about trying it to see since I'm rebuilding my modlist from 0, but I'm not sure it's worth the time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I'm not the only one poundering this question. It is very hard to grasp what was ported and what was not and sometimes there is conflicting or no information. I tried to upgrade even bought that silly dlc. It took me hours to fix most issues with SL and the script foundation mods, yet I could not iron out all the problems. Thus I would conclude its not worth it. I'll rebuild my library for 1.597 and stick with it unless there is a good reason to upgrade.

4 hours ago, mikovic76 said:

It took me hours to fix most issues with SL and the script foundation mods, yet I could not iron out all the problems. Thus I would conclude its not worth it. I'll rebuild my library for 1.597 and stick with it unless there is a good reason to upgrade.

Basically the same for me.  I am back on 1.597.  For me, it just wasn't worth it to update at this time.  Maybe in the future, but a "no" for me for now. 

On 10/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, Arcturus7777 said:

I just fired up a new install of skyrim se, and it is asking me about AE.  DO i says yes or is it lots of problems

Just for clarification....there is no "AE version" of the game. The game is still Special Edition. AE is merely the bundled Creation Club DLC that you buy and download to use in your SE game. The last 2 game updates contain 4 Creation Club DLCs: Saints & Seducers, Survival, Curios and Fishing. Lots of people seem to be enjoying the additional purchased content. Others say it wasn't worth it. 

Edited by Sandatharius
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, Sandatharius said:

Just for clarification....there is no "AE version" of the game. The game is still Special Edition. AE is merely the bundled Creation Club DLC that you buy and download to use in your SE game. The last 2 game updates contain 4 Creation Club DLCs: Saints & Seducers, Survival, Curios and Fishing. Lots of people seem to be enjoying the additional purchased content. Others say it wasn't worth it. 

I stayed with 1.597, as I have tons of mods that were working with that version, and now i can update to the latest version of the mod and if it causes problems, I can drop back to the old version.  I keep every mod, and every version of every mod in a Mods folder.  Along with my fixes of mod.