Editing .nif files?

2 hours ago, Etrius vanRandr said:

NifSkope and Bodyslide. Google could have told you this.

I already know I need to use bodyslide and nifskope But I dont know what to with this programs as there is not much of a tutorial about nifskope on youtube or somewhere else and I think outfit studio is not enough for what I want to. I've been looking and trying to figure out what to do on programs about almost 3 days and havent made any progress yet

NifSkope does not have any meaningful documentation, unfortunately. It's kind of a "fuck around and mess with shit" kind of deal, and "google what you can't figure out by looking at it".

And if that's too difficult for you, maybe try a different hobby.

2 minutes ago, Etrius vanRandr said:

NifSkope does not have any meaningful documentation, unfortunately. It's kind of a "fuck around and mess with shit" kind of deal, and "google what you can't figure out by looking at it".

And if that's too difficult for you, maybe try a different hobby.

Yeah, you should.

5 hours ago, bastak2341 said:

Im thinking of changing the hand and feet meshes of the existing creatures. I dont have any knowledge yet. If there is someone that know how things work about these I was wondering how hard it would be

It's the same as editing clothes in 3d programs like Blender or Max. Watch videos on editing clothes (without HDT)

Any edit to the mesh will change the vertex weight information (the effect of the actor's skeleton on the mesh), so you need to learn more about skinning than just editing the model.

Well, for example, I remember the trick with auto-skinning (already edited model) - Just a quick way

...becoming familar with nifscope is simply depending on time and your work-process-nifscope is an editor to create working files for the game(s)-which can become very hard to use - specially for a dedicated game as all the bethesda games use different versions of files for their gamebryo-modificated basic mesh-files..., but it is not meant to be an editor for meshes in a common way. Bodyslide is fine for some work-arounds - it can also be used for non-character-related mesh-work...but maybe it can also be too less to go into deep mesh forming/editing-for both of those softwares, you need an INPUT-mesh because you can not create new stuff inside of them... If you want to edit existing meshes, you can how @TDA showed you ^^^, start to work with blender (which is meant to be a whole game-engine-it ´s very complex), or you go autodesk maya or maybe 3dsmax or you find some different stuff like sketchup...there are some 3d-creation-softwares and it depends on your budget or / andon your personal preferences, which way you will go.

If you edit the character´s meshes, the basic weighting of the mesh also has to become exported again so to be working ingame later...bodyslide can export deformed meshes and quickly you can replace existing meshes with your edited ones...but bodyslide has it´s restrictions  and is meant to be a female´s body-shape and morphing-tool for handling body-related assets, and if you maybe want to go more into the depth, you need a more deeper access to mesh creation itself. Depending on the software, you have to learn about what makes such a character-mesh ingame to get working. BEFORE you begin. There are some videos also on utube which will help you to understand about skeleton, rigging, mesh-weighting/painting, bones /skeleton, contraints and so on and so on. Important is that you maybe start from easy to higher skill-works so that in the beginning you will not become  disappointed about the complex work. It ´s very important to start easy.  Beginn to create easy static stuff and then you beginn with a clothing-piece...only in a 3d-software so to get a feel for the software and try out different software if available to get an impression, what is becoming handy for you.

nifscope and bodyslide are both masterpieces and will always be your best friends, anyway do you have to spread your knowledge about different softwares and be able to handle them, less or more, to find out a suiting workaround for your wanted assets

Those softwares are ...."no shit" and allow you to go very deep into the structure of such a file-for us there is no alternative access

Edited by t.ara