On 2/15/2023 at 5:49 AM, memati? said:

I have an odd one. The Enforcers in Enslaved Towns just won't approach me (forcegreet). 
When talking to them and asking them what they are doing here, they act like the town they are patrolling in is not enslaved, when clearly it is.
My Slaverun MCM shows Whiterun as enslaved, and Slaveruns main quest is also running. Dunno whats happening here.
Enforcer forcegreet is enabled of course and set to 8hours frequency. Im playing v1.03 of this mod

Set debug log (for slaverun) and look at console is there anything.

I spent some time this weekend working on a smallish update to v1.x. v0.6 hastily patched an issue with Outfit Themes and resetting NPC outfits. These did not work on Skyrim LE because PapyrusUtils is many years out of date on that version. The quick fix involved using an older format for the Outfit Theme .json files. This has been a headache for me ever since. The older format is partially broken in newer versions of Skyrim. In order to get it working in both I had to waste some background processing time every time you enter an enforced area.

Next update will fix this issue by using the new .json format for SE/AE. But if you have created a customized Outfit Theme you will get an ingame prompt after installing. It will ask if you want it to automatically update your .json files. The automatic update should generally work fine. But due to some limitations you will lose any comments in the .json file and it will be reformatted. If you are still adding or editing your outfit theme then losing these comments could be annoying. It will turn

"689757|Skyrim.esm",	/* A865D ClothingRich */
"441318|Skyrim.esm",	/* 6BBE6 ArmorMaterialSteel */

into

"0xA865D|Skyrim.esm", "0x6BBE6|Skyrim.esm",

So you might wish to skip the automatic update and do a manual one instead. If you have been using the tools I provided then this should be fairly easy. All of your json items will be in the same format. Most text editors have a checkbox in Find and Replace that allows you to use Regular Expressions or "regex". Open the file. Open Find and Replace. Check that box. And then you can input the following.

Find:

(\d+)(\|.*\/\* )(\w+) ([^*]+ )

Replace:

0x\3\2\4Dec.\1 

And that will convert the file to the latest PapyrusUtils format while preserving comments and formatting. You don't need the 'Dec. ' bit but I am putting it in all of the main outfit themes to help guide LE users if they wish to customize.

"0xA865D|Skyrim.esm",	/* ClothingRich Dec.689757 */
"0x6BBE6|Skyrim.esm",	/* ArmorMaterialSteel Dec.441318 */

Finally you will want to insert a version number into this file that SES can read to tell which file format you are using. A good place to insert the following just above the "formList" : { line.

"float" : {
		"PapyrusUtilsVersion" : 3.9
	},

The version number just needs to be 3.4 or greater. In that version of PapyrusUtils they switched from storing forms in decimals to hexadecimal. LE users are stuck on 3.3 so they can't upgrade and get the benefit of this.

tl;dr If you have not customized an Outfit Theme this does not apply to you. If you have you might want to read the above prior to installing the next update.

I just thought of an even better solution than the above. I will create a full tutorial when the update comes out. But the big difference is that there will be no risk of the game self updating your customized Outfit Theme and you losing the comments/formatting. New version of the game will use a different filename for outfit themes. Version 2 has even more .json files available for customization. And they all start out SES_....json. I will begin using that new naming convention in v1.0.4 for all SES .json files. So when you update your old file called SlaverunOutfitsFree.json will still be around. But it will require a little bit of work and a rename to convert to the new format.

This solution is more elegant and saves me work. Win win. Part of the reason for me to use the new format is that I am already doing this in v2. And I wanted the newer outfit themes to be somewhat backwards for people who like v1 more.

2 hours ago, kaxat said:

How are you enslaving the PC? Are you starting the Reloaded story and getting enslaved at the gate? Using cheat mode?

I am tried the one at the gate near the stable in whiterun, tried trough Simple Slavery, and the cheat way, none are triggering anything. Also if i talk to Bellamy or Murphey for jobs they don't trigger either.

Hey, I recently started a new playthrough where I upgraded to the latest version of various mods from Loverslab, including the new Devious Devices 5.2.

In this playthrough I use a series of mods that probably most people in this thread also use:

• Slaverun 3.0
  • Slaverun Enforcer Standalone 1.0.0-preview3
  • Devious Devices 5.2
  • Corsec's NPC mods for Non-Devious Devices
  • Sexlab Utility Plus 2023-02-18
  • Sexlab Seperate Orgasms 2023-01-16

In my prior playthrough I used basically the same setup, except I was on Devious Devices 5.2-beta10 RC1 and prior versions of SLU+ and SLSO.

However, once SES kicked in after Slaverun had started I started experiencing some really odd behavior I had not seen before: Sudden massive FPS drops. I could see in Task Manager that when this happend the CPU usage would shoot up to 100% (on a 5950X, no less!) and GPU usage would go to basically 0%. So fair to say something in the mod setup would be clogging up the CPU usage each frame. Note that these FPS drops is happening "seemingly randomly (does not happen immediately!)" and changing cell may solve the FPS drop, but the FPS drops returns once you go back to the prior cell. So I would say it is likely related to some logic that is happening on an NPC once SES kicks in.

So I tried to remove mods until my new mod setup equalled my previous setup. The cause of the problems was the upgrade from DD 5.1-beta10 RC1 to DD 5.2. Well, at least downgrading it solved the problem.

With the new (fully updated, problematic) setup, the problems (FPS drops) did not appear before SES kicked in and started to:

• Start sexlab scenes.
  • Started equipping slave NPCs in non-devious devices.

So the problem really could be related to either of these 3 mods: Devious Devices 5.2, SES 1.0.0-preview3 and Corsec's Non-Devious Device patches. What I can say is that these do not play well together for me.

My guess would be it is either general problem in DD 5.2 or perhaps more likely an incompatibility between DD 5.2 and Corsec's Non-Devious Device patches (since the only actual devious device being equipped to anyone is the Sexlab Survival anti-magic collar being equipped to the player (AFAIK!)).

FULL DISCLOSURE: I have not tested any of this on a fully isolated setup and my mod setup is massively more complex than just these mods, but I have never seen this issue before and downgrading DD fixed it immediately.

Is this posted in the wrong thread? Probably. But hopefully this will create some awareness. Perhaps someone else has experienced something similar, if they upgraded their setup recently? @Corsec

Other wild speculation: It's also strange that the CPU would go to 100%, of all things. What skyrim mechanics/mods are actually capable of fully utilizing all CPU cores (being that multi-threaded)? I think HDT-SMP can, but I am not sure what else.

Edited by leakim
47 minutes ago, leakim said:

Is this posted in the wrong thread? Probably. But hopefully this will create some awareness. Perhaps someone else has experienced something similar, if they upgraded their setup recently? @Corsec

I haven't tried the newest DD v5.2 yet so I don't know. If it's incompatible with my patches then it should be easy to test using the method of disabling mods one-by-one and then reloading. Wait somewhere ingame for 10 days to get a cell reset and outfit change, then run SES and see if it changes.

You could also change the .json outfit file that gets installed with the SES fomod. Try using the Zaz one and see if that changes anything.

10 hours ago, Corsec said:

I haven't tried the newest DD v5.2 yet so I don't know. If it's incompatible with my patches then it should be easy to test using the method of disabling mods one-by-one and then reloading. Wait somewhere ingame for 10 days to get a cell reset and outfit change, then run SES and see if it changes.

You could also change the .json outfit file that gets installed with the SES fomod. Try using the Zaz one and see if that changes anything.

I will try to test without your mods today.

I did try to your first suggestion of removing Non-DD-adding mods and changing the SES config and waiting 10 days. That did not work. Still caused FPS drops shortly after entering Whiterun. But to me it did look like some NPCs were still wearing "non-DD" equipment, but that may very well come down to me not really being able to tell the difference between DD and ZAP equipment (corsets, long leather boots, etc.).

I am currently in the process of starting an entirely new game with DD 5.2, but without any non-DD mods. That should put the final nail of the coffin of whether or not there is an incompatibility between DD 5.2 and non-DD.

General PSA: If you got your Skyrim SE mod setup working, do NOT update unless you see some very specific mod feature you'd like. I swear to god, I spend more time debugging Skyrim than playing it... :(

Edited by leakim
1 hour ago, leakim said:

I am currently in the process of starting an entirely new game with DD 5.2, but without any non-DD mods.

Appreciate the bugtesting, thanks! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

1 hour ago, leakim said:

General PSA: If you got your Skyrim SE mod setup working, do NOT update unless you see some very specific mod feature you'd like. I swear to god, I spend more time debugging Skyrim than playing it... :(

I know exactly how that is lol.

Part of me wants to make the switch to AE just to I can have the 'fun' of updating and rearranging my modlist lmao.

12 hours ago, Corsec said:

Appreciate the bugtesting, thanks! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I know exactly how that is lol.

Alright. I got some good news. Or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Removing all non-DD mods, but keeping Devious Devices 5.2 in the game also fixes the problem. Been running around in Whiterun with SES on for an hour now. Usually when the problem occurs it happens within the first 2-3 minutes.

So in my mind it is settled: There is an incompatibility for non-DD that has been added to Devious Devices 5.2 between versions:

• Devious Devices 5.2-beta10 RC1
  • Devious Devices 5.2 (final)

Whether the incompatibility is in the bodyslide mesh files or the .esp, I cannot tell. But I do not intend on testing this further as I have no way of quickly going deeper to determine what is causing the issue. I hope Devious Devices is open source, so it is easy to make a diff. ^_^

It might be worth mentioning that I am running mods that adds a significant amount of NPCs to towns in Skyrim, which I believe may increase the chance of this error ocurring (since way more NPCs are affected by SES this way).

Here's what I am going to do now: I will start a new playthrough that I actually intend on playing. In this new playthrough I will be using RC1 of Devious Devices 5.2 together witn non-DD mods. As part of starting this playthrough I will be doing some significant testing of SES with non-DD to be 100% sure the problem does not get baked into my game. If the problem does occur (which I do NOT believe it will, as I have tested this before) I will write here again.

After some more thought: Actually this doesn't explicitly mean that the cause is an incompatibility between DD 5.2 and non-DD. It could still just be DD 5.2. Who knows if all the NPCs were just given actual devious devices. Perhaps the FPS issues would still occur then. But I digress.

12 hours ago, Corsec said:

Part of me wants to make the switch to AE just to I can have the 'fun' of updating and rearranging my modlist lmao.

Masochist.

Edited by leakim

@leakim Like Corsec I have not updated to AE nor DD 5.2 yet. Does 5.2 include any new physics stuff? Like the little locks now move independently or the skirts have cloth physics? If so I could see how this could be SMP related. Like you said it is weird for something to be able to consume 100% of the CPU. But if suddenly a million NPCs around you have clothing physics that can do it. And disabling Corsecs mod would remove those clothes. Downgrading to a version of the clothes that did not include physics would do the same.

An odd problem. Corsec's mod is just xEdit changes. If this is SMP related take a gander at your SMP config. The one that comes with Faster SMP is meant to be customized not run as is. For starters it disables autoAdjustMaxSkeletons by default. Which causes FPS to drop when you have a ton of NPCs around.

On 2/26/2023 at 2:13 AM, leakim said:

On 2/26/2023 at 1:37 AM, Corsec said:

Masochist.

Corsec be crazy. I want to ship my computer to him so he could build my next modlist. At this point I'm convinced he enjoys patching modlists more than playing the game.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:14 AM, xyzxyz said:

I haven't seen any updates in an unusual long time. How are you doing?

Thanks for checking. I have been busy. Not retired. I do a little bit of work on v2 every week. But low on motivation. I find crafting quests and aliases to be boring busy work. Currently I am stuck making two important quests. They will make things faster and dramatically increase the number of events I can listen for. Like combat breaking out. A female equipping something she should not. Etc. Since the current work is boring it happens very slow. I often quit 10 minutes after resuming work on it.

1 hour ago, kaxat said:

@leakim Like Corsec I have not updated to AE nor DD 5.2 yet. Does 5.2 include any new physics stuff? Like the little locks now move independently or the skirts have cloth physics? If so I could see how this could be SMP related. Like you said it is weird for something to be able to consume 100% of the CPU. But if suddenly a million NPCs around you have clothing physics that can do it. And disabling Corsecs mod would remove those clothes. Downgrading to a version of the clothes that did not include physics would do the same.

I can't remember if I made some Zaz outfits for this mod, or it it was for the Follower Slavery Mod. I'd be happy to setup the Zaz outfits for SES using the same outfits as in FSM (If I haven't already).

I think Zaz has some HDT stuff like chains but I don't expect it to be gamebreaking. If so then I can just not include that stuff.

1 hour ago, kaxat said:

Corsec be crazy. I want to ship my computer to him so he could build my next modlist. At this point I'm convinced he enjoys patching modlists more than playing the game.

MadMansGun once told me that after modding so much, actually playing the game had become "repugnant". At the time I thought he was crazy, but now I feel *exactly* the same lol lmao.

9 hours ago, kaxat said:

I am using SE, not AE. And I am never going to upgrade while it's still getting updates.

I am also using CBBE 3BA with standard HDT-SMP (not faster SMP) together with CBPC.

It's a very weird behavior. It will work perfectly one second, and then suddenly it won't. There's no gradient. Changing to a different cell fixes it until I re-enter the prior cell.

It might also be worth mentioning that restarting the game temporarily fixes it. That is, I can enter the "bad FPS" cell again with a fine framerate. But when I do this the bad FPS invariably returns within 2-3 minutes. 

In addition, It might be worth mentioning that I am also using the new "wonder mod" Papyrus Tweaks. Of course, I am not using the experimental feature to tie the script execution to the framerate. That would have been a massive red flag.

I am hopeful that someone else will be able to reproduce this problem, if not I might have to investigate it some more in a more isolated setup.

@leakim Use Faster SMP. It's a drop in replacement that is so much faster and actually maintained. I'm now fairly convinced your issue is SMP related.

The added details from your fourth paragraph precisely mirror a bug I used to experience. Like you disabling certain clothing mods would correct it. Running the command `smp reset` would also fix it temporarily. Searching for a solution led me to Github. I found some forks of SMP that were patching bugs like this and improving performance. Eventually somebody packaged those up and released them on Nexus as Faster SMP. Not only does it fix a lot of SMP bugs like yours it is also a lot faster.

Edited by kaxat
2 hours ago, kaxat said:

@leakim Use Faster SMP. It's a drop in replacement that is so much faster and actually maintained. I'm now fairly convinced your issue is SMP related.

The added details from your fourth paragraph precisely mirror a bug I used to experience. Like you disabling certain clothing mods would correct it. Running the command `smp reset` would also fix it temporarily. Searching for a solution led me to Github. I found some forks of SMP that were patching bugs like this and improving performance. Eventually somebody packaged those up and released them on Nexus as Faster SMP. Not only does it fix a lot of SMP bugs like yours it is also a lot faster.

I will try it out tomorrow. But this explanation would assume that from Devious Devices 5.2-beta10 RC1 to Devious Devices 5.2 (final) they would have enabled SMP on "all" the devices. That sounds highly suspicious.

Anyway, I will let you know how it goes.

@leakim Not necessarily. Without getting in the weeds there are many possible reasons for a difference there.

I too used to have the game suddenly spike to 100% CPU usage in crowded areas. Changing cells (technically locations) would temporarily fix it. Maybe 1 time in 20 it would continue lagging after the load screen. But for the most part seeing a load screen solved the issue. For a couple of minutes at least. Later discovered that `smp reset` command also temporarily fix it. Soon discovered disabling some clothing mods that had SMP physics would make the issue more rare. Disabling all of them prevented it.

I assume this is all sounding pretty familiar. The culprit was SMP. That mod author retired a few years ago. But some others picked up the mantel and patched that bug. Which plagued quite a few people. The one thing we all had in common was that we were applying SMP to lots of NPCs.

To be honest I was kinda assuming that SMP were not even used for NPCs (unless you are using things like custom hair or special types of clothes with "non-body" physics, like capes).

I can see in the CBBE 3BA MCM that you can toggle SMP for NPCs and I have never touched that option, so I was kinda of assuming that no NPCs were actually using SMP. But maybe that changed in Devious Devices 5.2 (that devices in DD 5.2 are now considered SMP-only like capes, where-as before they used body physics?)? Still hard for me to believe because the NPCs are all still using the devices, even when the FPS is still fine. Then suddenly the FPS tanks without anything seemingly changing.

37 minutes ago, leakim said:

Still hard for me to believe because the NPCs are all still using the devices, even when the FPS is still fine. Then suddenly the FPS tanks without anything seemingly changing.

Try using Fallrimtools to load your save.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031

Make a save both before and after the FPS drop. Then compare the saves, use the "show unattached instances" and "show undefined elements" filters. Also look out for any broken scripts, I think they are called stack overflows.

19 hours ago, kaxat said:

@leakim Not necessarily. Without getting in the weeds there are many possible reasons for a difference there.

I too used to have the game suddenly spike to 100% CPU usage in crowded areas. Changing cells (technically locations) would temporarily fix it. Maybe 1 time in 20 it would continue lagging after the load screen. But for the most part seeing a load screen solved the issue. For a couple of minutes at least. Later discovered that `smp reset` command also temporarily fix it. Soon discovered disabling some clothing mods that had SMP physics would make the issue more rare. Disabling all of them prevented it.

I assume this is all sounding pretty familiar. The culprit was SMP. That mod author retired a few years ago. But some others picked up the mantel and patched that bug. Which plagued quite a few people. The one thing we all had in common was that we were applying SMP to lots of NPCs.

Alright. I've done my tests. 

My conslusion:

Faster SMP does not solve the underlying problem, but it does make the problem less severe. The FPS drops occur less frequently and they are less severe and easier to solve. (Please be aware that I am running on a 16-core CPU (5950X), so the problem may be much worse for people who does not have as capable a CPU!). It seems that with FSMP the problem can easily be resolved by just saving, going to the main menu and reloading the save (correction to a previous statement of mine: Saving and reloading also fixes the problem for HDT-SMP, but the problem just occurs very quickly again). But I must really point out that the underlying problem is still here, and with this we can definitely confirm that it is a problem messing with SMP physics.

Here's how I tested it:
 * Found a save from my current playthrough where the PC is in Whiterun and Slaverun is enabled.
 * Replace DD 5.2-beta10 RC1 with DD 5.2 in MO2 and rebuild all in Bodyslide (bit sketchy from a modding perspective, but fine for a test).
 * Load the previously found save.
 * Confirm that the FPS drops shortly after loading. It does.
    * At this step I also tried the command "smp reset" to see if it fixed the FPS issues. It had no effect at all.
    * I also tried saving and reloading in various attemps to solve the problem.
 * Exit the game.
 * Replace HDT-SMP with Faster SMP in MO2.
 * Load the previously found save.
 * Confirm my conclusion (above).

9 hours ago, Corsec said:

Try using Fallrimtools to load your save.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031

Make a save both before and after the FPS drop. Then compare the saves, use the "show unattached instances" and "show undefined elements" filters. Also look out for any broken scripts, I think they are called stack overflows.

Using that tool frequently, even got a small tools that I am running that continuously monitors the papyrus log for stack dumps. But there's nothing in there that's suspicious in my book.

@leakim Good to hear you have narrowed it down. From here you can almost certainly treat the problem as the usual 'my SMP is overloaded' type issue.

First place to start is of course your SMP config. You didn't mention whether you had modified it. As I mentioned earlier it does warn you to modify the config. It has some unexpected defaults like disabling autoAdjustMaxSkeletons. Enable that. I would also disable first person physics. If you are still getting lag play around with the max skeletons setting.

Also what version of 3BA are you running? Older versions would apply SMP physics to everyone. Which I loved. But it was a frame rate killer in crowds. Newer versions have fairly complicated rules you select during install. Re examine those. The most realistic 3BA settings tax your SMP quite heavily. They do not handle heavy crowds on anyones computer. So newer versions have a lot of settings to help you handle this.

As for why disabling Corsecs mod solves the problem I have a suspicion. Disabling his mod strips those NPCs. Removing all Devious Device 3D models and their related SMP files from being loaded. While I can not say for certain it does seem probable that something new in 5.2 has increased the SMP load some. Probably fine for most. But when you have 30NPCs all simultaneously equipped it might be a problem. In other words I would suspect this problem would persist even if you used an Outfit Theme that applied regular DD devices. As opposed to Non-DD. These are suspicions. But they line up with your symptoms. So that is why the first thing I would do is tune your SMP and 3BA to be sure it works in crowds.

I have another suspicion on why DD 5.2s load might have increased. I will have to download it and investigate. It is possible there is room for optimization of their Bodyslide.

Also just to confirm. I assume your symptoms have changed some. It is not longer that your FPS is dropping down to ~2FPS and your CPU is at 100%. Instead it is now that you have lower than average frames and higher than average CPU. And also do not rush your tests here. If you have literally just upgraded SMP versions than leave the area for a while and then come back. Maybe even clear physics data using the Resaver. You don't want the old to spoil the new.

3 hours ago, kaxat said:

@leakim Good to hear you have narrowed it down. From here you can almost certainly treat the problem as the usual 'my SMP is overloaded' type issue.

First place to start is of course your SMP config. You didn't mention whether you had modified it. As I mentioned earlier it does warn you to modify the config. It has some unexpected defaults like disabling autoAdjustMaxSkeletons. Enable that. I would also disable first person physics. If you are still getting lag play around with the max skeletons setting.

Also what version of 3BA are you running? Older versions would apply SMP physics to everyone. Which I loved. But it was a frame rate killer in crowds. Newer versions have fairly complicated rules you select during install. Re examine those. The most realistic 3BA settings tax your SMP quite heavily. They do not handle heavy crowds on anyones computer. So newer versions have a lot of settings to help you handle this.

As for why disabling Corsecs mod solves the problem I have a suspicion. Disabling his mod strips those NPCs. Removing all Devious Device 3D models and their related SMP files from being loaded. While I can not say for certain it does seem probable that something new in 5.2 has increased the SMP load some. Probably fine for most. But when you have 30NPCs all simultaneously equipped it might be a problem. In other words I would suspect this problem would persist even if you used an Outfit Theme that applied regular DD devices. As opposed to Non-DD. These are suspicions. But they line up with your symptoms. So that is why the first thing I would do is tune your SMP and 3BA to be sure it works in crowds.

I have another suspicion on why DD 5.2s load might have increased. I will have to download it and investigate. It is possible there is room for optimization of their Bodyslide.

Also just to confirm. I assume your symptoms have changed some. It is not longer that your FPS is dropping down to ~2FPS and your CPU is at 100%. Instead it is now that you have lower than average frames and higher than average CPU. And also do not rush your tests here. If you have literally just upgraded SMP versions than leave the area for a while and then come back. Maybe even clear physics data using the Resaver. You don't want the old to spoil the new.

I am on version 2.43 of CBBE 3BA and 4.80 of XPMSSE (if that matters). Both are not the latest, but they are not massively outdated either. I will investigate later what options I used during installation and look further at the SMP config when I get home from work.

More details about my framerates:

• By default I am running capped at 59 FPS and that's where my FPS stays during gameplay.
  • With HDT-SMP problems, I would guess my FPS goes to like 0.5 - 2 FPS (maybe lower). So basically unusable.
  • With FSMP problems, I would guess my FPS goes to like 3-15 depending on the situation. The framerate is far more unstable, but it is highly dependant on occlusion culling (which objects are actually being rendered). So you can actually move around.
  • NOTE: I have not actually used a framerate counter to see the framerates, so these are eye-ball estimates. But I guess it does not matter that much either way.
14 hours ago, kaxat said:

(On version 2.43 as I indicated in previous post)

Regarding CBBE 3BA Installer: I am not sure what options I should be mindful when installing this. AFAIK control of whether SMP should be applied to NPCs is controlled entirely from within the game through the assignable hotkey(s). And I never apply these physics to any NPCs, ever.

Of course there is the option for when you select either SMP or CBPC "degrees". I assume these control what physics is being applied to the body when "SMP" is selected for either the player or NPCs, but the installer and mod page does an exceptionally poor job of explaining what exactly it means. Either way, I've always selected full SMP in that option.

image.png.f52e6084721a0d850db3c9f50bd548e0.png

But I assume this option only refers to "body physics" since I think other equipment such as hair, capes or chains cannot be simulated with physics other than SMP. As such I think SMP can be applied to anyone regardless of this option based on their equipment status. Of course, this would be why the new Devious Devices can wreck such havoc, even if CBBE 3BA SMP is disabled for all NPCs.

But I will point out that no options other than the CBPC and SMP selection mentions anything regarding how heavy/taxing it is for the CPU to simulate in the installer. But I assume this is all moot anyway, since the ONLY character this should be applied to anyway is the PC since I do not use the hotkey to enable SMP physics for NPCs.

Regarding Resaver and "Removing Physics": Is this a thing? Can you reset physics in Resaver? Never seen that option and I do not see how it makes sense for HDT-SMP/FSMP to save physics-specific data in the save-file.

Regarding Faster SMP Config file: I played a bit around with various configuration:

• Firstly I tried simply setting "autoAdjustMaxSkeletons" to true as you suggested and leaving everything else as default. FPS drops still occur with this, but it feels like they "solve" themselves shortly after.
  • Secondly I tried to set the "maximumActiveSkeletons" to 1, along with "autoAdjustMaxSkeletons" as true. With these options the problems dissappear altogether. But they disappear along with SMP physics for NPCs. So when NPCs walk around with for example a ball and chain it looks very awkward.

Maybe a temporary fix is for me to set the "maximumActiveSkeletons" significantly less than the default 20, together with "autoAdjustMaxSkeletons" as true. I will have to experiment with that a bit. Although I will admit the more likely "temporary" fix I will use is to simply use Devious Devices 5.2-beta10 RC1 and wait for this problem to be fixed.

I strongly believe that this is not simply a problem on my end/with my setup. Especially given that the problem does not appear when using prior versions of Devious Devices. This is new undesirable behavior that has been introduced in Devious Devices 5.2, likely because the use-case of it being used on many NPCs hasn't been considered properly.

I hope you are able to find the root cause for this change. I assume the problem is to be found in one of the SMP XML files from Devious Devices 5.2:

image.png.fefc1ee9a9aa22c0a55449a2265adf21.png

Maybe it is just one of them? Perhaps I could try simply deleting them to narrow down the one(?) that might cause it. Of course that might be difficult if the problem is present in more than one file.

Or maybe a more naive "temporary solution" would simply be to copy the SMP xml files from 5.2-beta10 to 5.2 (final) and be done with it. Not like "perfect" physics of devious devices is at all significant to the enjoyment of my playthrough. When diffing these files between 5.2-beta10 and 5.2 final, I can certainly see they've changed somewhat significantly.

Oh! Maybe you'd like the old xml files so you can do a diff as well? I am not sure beta10 is available for download anymore!

DD-beta10 SMP Files.7z

If you make any changes to the DD 5.2 SMP files and need someone to test them, if you cannot reproduce the problem yourself, I am available.

Edited by leakim
On 2/18/2023 at 10:46 PM, SaekoDovahkiir said:

I been trying to make Slaverun and this work on 1.640, been trying everything i know/found but slaverun has issues when it comes to enslaving the PC, nothing at all happens, and enforcer is not showing up in my MCM.

It looks like slaverun do not work with AE