AAF Alien animations?

I've tried looking everywhere (and could almost definetly be blind) But i swear at some point Grey's Creature Animation pack had alien ones at some point however I've tried again recently and AAF can't find the animations. Am i being gaslit by my own pc?(It wouldn't be the first time) 

On 9/29/2022 at 7:20 PM, IoriK said:

I've tried looking everywhere (and could almost definetly be blind) But i swear at some point Grey's Creature Animation pack had alien ones at some point however I've tried again recently and AAF can't find the animations. Am i being gaslit by my own pc?(It wouldn't be the first time) 

There is exactly 1 alien animation for AAF.  There was a bug with it in UAP which was identified in the AAF discord and fixed a few months ago.  The animation itself is in Creature Pack.  Try updating to the latest UAP and if you are still having an issue please let me know.  :)

Edit:  2024 update for clarity.  For those finding this post in the future, the alien animation exists but it doesn't work properly and the xml file only allows for MM.  And even if you try it with an MM situation, only the human character moves during the scene and the alien stands there looking dumb.  According to the mod author of that animation it was probably just a placeholder but never got finished.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
On 9/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

There is exactly 1 alien animation for AAF.  There was a bug with it in UAP which was identified in the AAF discord and fixed a few months ago.  The animation itself is in Creature Pack.  Try updating to the latest UAP and if you are still having an issue please let me know.  :)

I may not be remembering, but I don't think I made an alien animation. I could never get that rig file to work (arms were always deforming badly). If there is one in my pack, probably it is non functional and a test animation I forgot to remove before release. 

But, maybe worth checking anyway. A couple of my files, I've let other people work on and reupload, so maybe someone else put a working alien animation in there?

Edited by Gray User
4 hours ago, Gray User said:

I may not be remembering, but I don't think I made an alien animation. I could never get that rig file to work (arms were always deforming badly). If there is one in my pack, probably it is non functional and a test animation I forgot to remove before release. 

But, maybe worth checking anyway. A couple of my files, I've let other people work on and reupload, so maybe someone else put a working alien animation in there?

We researched it in the AAF discord fairly extensively back in April.  Had about 2 or 3 people in the space of a day asking about fucking the alien and it not working so we tracked it down and started testing and working on a fix.  I remember part of the issue was the skeleton of bloatfly being used?  I just did some digging and asked about it there to refresh my memory.  I'm told that the animation now "plays" but it doesn't quite work correctly.  Whereas before we worked on it in April, AAF would just give an error.

The screen shot below is from CreaturePack01_animationData.xml.  And if memory serves, a fix to get the animation to actually play and not error out was put into UAP subsequently.

Spoiler

image.png.3d861f2c53dfbc3b61677ccd161114e9.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 4:42 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

We researched it in the AAF discord fairly extensively back in April.  Had about 2 or 3 people in the space of a day asking about fucking the alien and it not working so we tracked it down and started testing and working on a fix.  I remember part of the issue was the skeleton of bloatfly being used?  I just did some digging and asked about it there to refresh my memory.  I'm told that the animation now "plays" but it doesn't quite work correctly.  Whereas before we worked on it in April, AAF would just give an error.

The screen shot below is from CreaturePack01_animationData.xml.  And if memory serves, a fix to get the animation to actually play and not error out was put into UAP subsequently.

Hide contents

image.png.3d861f2c53dfbc3b61677ccd161114e9.png

Hah. Yep, I forgot about that. It was meant as a placeholder (one of the reasons it was broke). TBH, I am surprised it works at all, but great that it does. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to follow up on this? Recently installed Creature pack 3.01 and patch for animations 10.0 (which is suppose to complement it). Load order had creature pack and then patch for animations after it. I overwritten the XML within the creature pack with the XML changes proposed by Dlinny_lag at the bottom of page 16 in the mod page. Lastly I wanted to ask if the change to the "bloatfly" skeleton should only occur at the first stage or should it apply to all the available stages for the animation?

Anyone managed to successfully get the alien animation working?

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 11:24 PM, Dinger_ said:

Wanted to follow up on this? Recently installed Creature pack 3.01 and patch for animations 10.0 (which is suppose to complement it). Load order had creature pack and then patch for animations after it. I overwritten the XML within the creature pack with the XML changes proposed by Dlinny_lag at the bottom of page 16 in the mod page. Lastly I wanted to ask if the change to the "bloatfly" skeleton should only occur at the first stage or should it apply to all the available stages for the animation?

Anyone managed to successfully get the alien animation working?

I put some more details about the current state of the alien animation and a screen shot in this general discussion thread.  I think the issue is that animation wasn't really finished so even with corrected xml files only the player moves.

• 5 months later...

i can confirm its in pack v3 not v3.01 its tagged as a gay alien. i edited it skeleton etc. it just sits there on the ground and my male character was on his back. heard bloat fly sounds thats it. kinda lame. if only it had a proper skeleton and a green alien slong and hell you could play as one and alien hump all the female humans lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 8:36 AM, Dojo_dude said:

IDEA! Use existing skeletons like Deathclaw, Gulper, ect and put 'Alien' meshes on them. Boom, alien animations!

A person could maybe do this. The scripting might get weird though. You would need to detect that an alien was in the scene and then swap in the different rigged mesh. 

Or, if you just replaced all the aliens in the game with ones that used a human or other skeleton, it would be a very simple edit on the xml. 

Otherwise, I am thinking that my initial guess was right and that I for sure didn't make an alien animation (but tried), and the things people are finding are just pieces that I forgot to remove from the release.