On 9/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, FoxinTale said:

I have thought about making a mod that if killed by a necromancer the may resurrect the player character... May make that as its own thing first before I merge it into this. 

Or, do you mean the after death resurrection chance having an option to only work with necromancy capable enemies and the rest when they decide they're done with the player character (how I'll do this is...yet to be determined) will end up decorating the environment, maybe if killed by predators they eat the player. Something like this.

Really looking forward to this! I always think it's a very destructive thing for a necromancer to be indifferent to fresh corpses. Of course, it would be even cooler if carnivores can eat corpses, spiders can make eggs, etc.

On 9/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, FoxinTale said:

The issue I was considering is, once used for decoration would this be like meat farm where it just "game over, you have to reload now" or should there be a chance for them to feel like having some more "fun" and undo the decoration for some fun times.

Personally, because there is no second life in my world, it is good enough for me to be like Meat Farm. Perhaps the most difficult thing to do here is to give those players who always like resurrection extra fun within a reasonable range?Anyway,  reviving from a decoration is inevitably a bit far fetched?

1 hour ago, sagiriff said:

Really looking forward to this! I always think it's a very destructive thing for a necromancer to be indifferent to fresh corpses. Of course, it would be even cooler if carnivores can eat corpses, spiders can make eggs, etc.

Personally, because there is no second life in my world, it is good enough for me to be like Meat Farm. Perhaps the most difficult thing to do here is to give those players who always like resurrection extra fun within a reasonable range?Anyway,  reviving from a decoration is inevitably a bit far fetched?

There are a few other mods that allow predators to consume corpses in the area that I may take a look at for how they do so, see if it can be applied to the player.

As for resurrection from a decoration piece, I'm thinking an option for that would be using a dragon soul (if the player has any) or a black soul gem (say, they're doing a non-dragonborn playthrough, or just as an alternative. Maybe this could be a non-necromancy related resurrection option too), and even then there's a chance it might not happen. I could just be overcomplicating this for myself from a decoration piece. Might end up not doing that. I dunno. 

14 hours ago, DarkRavage said:

Really? I thought the code logic would be very similar. Maybe add a script based on arousal level of a NPC. If NPC reaches certain arousal level, he/she would look for a dead npc to fuck?

You mean like, integration with SL Aroused? That's not too bad of an idea overall but I would also like to do so without requiring the mod as a master plugin (maybe someone doesn't want to, or it causes issues.). Like, it would change how the mod works internally going from chance based to arousal based (not too hard once that check is in place, just insert a check for SL aroused and use that method instead). However, I'm not exactly sure how I'd do this in the end. 

While I'm not like a total beginner at scripting, nor am I a stranger to programming more advanced things go over my head. I am not opposed to others pitching in and helping to implement things if they'd like. Hell, I'd even encourage that, and of course credit given for the features they implement, even if it's mod compatibility.

I can't wait to enjoy your to do listed things... I've always thought blinking while getting necroed is really awkward.
And the idea that enemies would take the player to their camp is amazing. When I tried Meat Farm and ended up as a meat pile at bandit camp, I thought It would be great for a player to be abused with SLPGN...

There's an issue that if there are a lot of enemies, whenever the player's killed and SL scene is triggered, the rest of the enemies (those who are not actors of SL scene) start to attack the player, which leads player to 'die' again during the scene, and ends it immediately. Even if the scanning's completed again, once again they begin attacking.
Tested several times, with like 7 bandits, a pack of wolves, or some death hounds, but by summoning through placeatme command.
Didn't try in 'real fight', since It was somewhat hard to find the environment with a lotta enemies, but I think It won't be a problem.

Still, your work is great without a doubt. I even tried to edit the script myself to loop the necro event, which the original mod couldn't do, but when I searched the internet to get some info, I found this page. Way to go!

53 minutes ago, lollipop0000 said:

I can't wait to enjoy your to do listed things... I've always thought blinking while getting necroed is really awkward.
And the idea that enemies would take the player to their camp is amazing. When I tried Meat Farm and ended up as a meat pile at bandit camp, I thought It would be great for a player to be abused with SLPGN...

There's an issue that if there are a lot of enemies, whenever the player's killed and SL scene is triggered, the rest of the enemies (those who are not actors of SL scene) start to attack the player, which leads player to 'die' again during the scene, and ends it immediately. Even if the scanning's completed again, once again they begin attacking.
Tested several times, with like 7 bandits, a pack of wolves, or some death hounds, but by summoning through placeatme command.
Didn't try in 'real fight', since It was somewhat hard to find the environment with a lotta enemies, but I think It won't be a problem.

Still, your work is great without a doubt. I even tried to edit the script myself to loop the necro event, which the original mod couldn't do, but when I searched the internet to get some info, I found this page. Way to go!

There is supposed to be part of it where the aggressors are calmed and don't attack the player character, but it doesn't always work. No idea why. An alternative would be to toggle combat AI (tcai) via console. I'm investigating a way to do this via scripts, but will probably need ConsoleUtil to do if it even works this way.

Tested several more times in non-hostile situation, and I found out if the player's get sexed back to life, the camera angle gets locked, and controls work strangely.
Tried tfc and back, talking to npcs, using cookpot, save&load but didn't work. But using enhanced death cam https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46449
helped me fix it. I think some mods like this, for instance, death cam options or postmortem TFC which you recommended will work likewise.
And there's a little bug, when the SL scene begins, sometimes the actors float in the mid air, or the place doesn't match that male actor humps the air.

2 hours ago, lollipop0000 said:

if the player's get sexed back to life, the camera angle gets locked, and controls work strangely

Usually using console "player.pushactoraway player 1" will do the trick

Most likely it is not caused by this mod though, it usually have something to do with camera related mod being wonky. Been there.

And there's a little bug, when the SL scene begins, sometimes the actors float in the mid air, or the place doesn't match that male actor humps the air.

It is the problem with TFC. If you are in free camera when resurrected for necro, it will have that issue. Staying off TFC will do the trick.

PostmortemTFC will automatically turn off TFC when resurrected so that solves the issue.

If you have done that and still have that issue, try cleaning the SexLab. It solves the issue in mine.

Having used both EDC and PostmortemTFC, I will say the latter is simpler and better to use. EDC is just too much hassle to config.

Edit: Workaround for hostile sex scene
Staying off TFC will also cause the enemies to not attack you. They will still aggro and aim at you, but they will not attack you, until you turn on TFC again.

I dont have any solution for the mod to fix this though

Edited by LittleWhiteNeko
36 minutes ago, LittleWhiteNeko said:

Usually using console "player.pushactoraway player 1" will do the trick

Most likely it is not caused by this mod though, it usually have something to do with camera related mod being wonky. Been there.

It is the problem with TFC. If you are in free camera when resurrected for necro, it will have that issue. Staying off TFC will do the trick.

PostmortemTFC will automatically turn off TFC when resurrected so that solves the issue.

If you have done that and still have that issue, try cleaning the SexLab. It solves the issue in mine.

Having used both EDC and PostmortemTFC, I will say the latter is simpler and better to use. EDC is just too much hassle to config.

Edit: Workaround for hostile sex scene
Staying off TFC will also cause the enemies to not attack you. They will still aggro and aim at you, but they will not attack you, until you turn on TFC again.

I dont have any solution for the mod to fix this though

Oh, never thought TFC has something to do with this... well I hope It'll be fixed since It's kinda hard to enjoy the SL scene without free cam.
But still, knowing the reason and solution is great. Thanks!
Guess I gotta test Postmrtem TFC.

Tested dozens of times... and found out using Postmortem TFC still makes my camera go nuts.
Using pushactoraway didn't help me, sadly. Not just camera, but also game speed becomes a little bit slower, supposedly x0.8. (Just like vanilla effect)
The mods I'm using related to camera are improved camera, smooth cam, and TDM, just letting everyone know since PTFC would work for someone.
Well I know EDC fixes the problem, so I'm using it.

There are some bugs I found. I hope you won't be upset for reporting bugs this much... I'm only trying to help improve your mod :)

1. When Wet and Cold breath option is on, the player dies again slightly after he or she's been killed. This leads to a camera crash, and make actors fly. Tested on both PTFC and EDC environment.

Note that I'm NOT USING WET AND COLD mod, but there's something related mod which creates breath effect while cold. Sunhelm, I guess? Not sure.

But since getting killed again is an added trigger by turning the option on, I think It's a different matter.

But surprisingly, this option works. Even if I'm not using Wet and Cold, It removes the breath effect only for player, and aggressor still breathes hard as hell.

2. Turning free cam off during the scene did make the enemies not to attack, but still sometimes they attack, whether I TFC or not.

3. Besides, If the player's HP is very low, or the attacker's damage is too high, It gets the player killed before the scene starts. There's a slight moment that enemies begin to attack when the player's resurrected to get necroed. If this happens, the scene will sometimes not start, and the game would load last save.

5 hours ago, lollipop0000 said:

Oh, never thought TFC has something to do with this... well I hope It'll be fixed since It's kinda hard to enjoy the SL scene without free cam.
But still, knowing the reason and solution is great. Thanks!
Guess I gotta test Postmrtem TFC.

You just need to turn of TFC when about to be resurrected or waiting to be resurrected, after the scene starts, you can TFC again

The mods I'm using related to camera are improved camera, smooth cam, and TDM

I use Improved Camera, but not smooth cam and TDM.

EDC will work just fine, just remember to turn off TFC before the scene starts.

Or maybe I can try to modify it to turn off TFC when resurrected, but no promises, (actually, dont even count of me actually doing it lol, am lazy)

2. Turning free cam off during the scene did make the enemies not to attack, but still sometimes they attack, whether I TFC or not.

Never had this problem, interesting... At this point Im sure your camera mods might have something to do with this, I suspect the TDM.

====

In the meantime, try using this, might not actually works though, but no harm in trying. I use this mod.

Edit: additional suggestion

19 hours ago, lollipop0000 said:

I've always thought blinking while getting necroed is really awkward.

I have a solution for this, but its kinda require using a mod with so much functions while you only use a tiny part of it. Foxin already said that he will incorporate some of the features so you can also wait for it. The mod has already been abandoned as well, so having features of it incorporated will be amazing.

Edited by LittleWhiteNeko
39 minutes ago, LittleWhiteNeko said:

Never had this problem, interesting... At this point Im sure your camera mods might have something to do with this, I suspect the TDM.

Well, you figured out that TFC is the problem, so maybe you're right and what I said is misunderstood. I only tested little y'know...

I'm using defeat for pc vs npc, and yamete for npc vs npc, so probably It won't work as I expect, causing a lot of conflicts, but like you said, there's no harm. Worth trying.

The only problem is that my mod index reached maximum so I have to remove at least one lol

If you're willing to fix some of the bugs, or improve the features, that would be great, too. But that's not what I can decide. You and the author of this mod gotta judge.

But anyways, I'm happy to know that some others are interested in this mod... It could grow by feedbacks and cooperation.

Tested dozens of times... and found out using Postmortem TFC still makes my camera go nuts.
Using pushactoraway didn't help me, sadly. Not just camera, but also game speed becomes a little bit slower, supposedly x0.8. (Just like vanilla effect)
The mods I'm using related to camera are improved camera, smooth cam, and TDM, just letting everyone know since PTFC would work for someone.
Well I know EDC fixes the problem, so I'm using it.

There are some bugs I found. I hope you won't be upset for reporting bugs this much... I'm only trying to help improve your mod :)

1. When Wet and Cold breath option is on, the player dies again slightly after he or she's been killed. This leads to a camera crash, and make actors fly. Tested on both PTFC and EDC environment.

Note that I'm NOT USING WET AND COLD mod, but there's something related mod which creates breath effect while cold. Sunhelm, I guess? Not sure.

But since getting killed again is an added trigger by turning the option on, I think It's a different matter.

But surprisingly, this option works. Even if I'm not using Wet and Cold, It removes the breath effect only for player, and aggressor still breathes hard as hell.

3. Besides, If the player's HP is very low, or the attacker's damage is too high, It gets the player killed before the scene starts. There's a slight moment that enemies begin to attack when the player's resurrected to get necroed. If this happens, the scene will sometimes not start, and the game would load last save.

That is interesting. I'm also using similar camera mods. Except smoothcam. I noticed that caused issues in other, unrelated mods (like getting stuck in a perma-bleedout state when using showracemenu alternative) so it was removed from my load order. I am also using TDM, and improved camera. I have noticed that sometimes with the current setup it likes to go first person while waiting on the aggressor. May add an option for the game to force third person at some point, but I worry it may break more things than it fixes.

The breathing effect is intended to be removed on the player character only, as they are supposed to be dead and no longer breathing. The other mod I have support for breath effects is Rain, Ash and Snow Shaders (R.A.S.S). I wouldn't be surprised if there are other mods that do so but they aren't (currently) supported. 

As for dying, the only situation that this would happen is if "FHU deflate" is enabled as the script does do a partial resurrection on the player to deflate, then once it is empty, they are killed again.

There is a bit of script that is supposed to calm the surrounding aggressors.. But it doesn't seem to work. A temporary solution would be to use "tcai" via console and just turn off combat AI.. I think I've figured out why it doesn't work, and am working on fixing it. Turns out that the array of actors that is passed into what is supposed to calm them, is empty...Sooo expect a fix sometime today.  

Yes. I'm using R.A.S.S, and FHU Baka Edition too.

I'm pretty sure when I got to test 'killed again', I switched both breathing effect and deflate effect.

I didn't want any deflation so turned it off, but now I see. Breathing option was not a problem... mistake in debugging sorry about that. :(

During testing, I simply used tgm to make sure the player's not killed, but tcai seems like a better choice... well I won't struggle with this problem anymore.

Hope the problem itself would be fixed easily sooner or later.

1 hour ago, LittleWhiteNeko said:

You just need to turn of TFC when about to be resurrected or waiting to be resurrected, after the scene starts, you can TFC again

I use Improved Camera, but not smooth cam and TDM.

EDC will work just fine, just remember to turn off TFC before the scene starts.

Or maybe I can try to modify it to turn off TFC when resurrected, but no promises, (actually, dont even count of me actually doing it lol, am lazy)

Edit: additional suggestion

I have a solution for this, but its kinda require using a mod with so much functions while you only use a tiny part of it. Foxin already said that he will incorporate some of the features so you can also wait for it. The mod has already been abandoned as well, so having features of it incorporated will be amazing.

I've hopefully fixed the random hostility this time I'm working on incorporating the bandit stripping from "Player Death Enhanced" but it's...complicated, uncommented code so I have to decipher what exactly it is doing and figure out if I can re-write it / improve it at all. I'm open for suggestions, but the route I was thinking of for fixing the blinking would be using MFG Fix. Still working on implementing compatibility for other mods and bug-fixing before I implement more advanced features. I'll put a link to a drive folder where the development "version" will live, for anyone who wants to look at the latest things or help with features.  I'm an uncommon female modder. 

Tried 2.0.1, and hostility issue seems to be solved. Checked once. Thank you.

But sadly I found 2 more bugs...

1. The option 'FHU Deflate' is switched on whenever I load the game. Actually I was certain that I turned this option off at the first time, but for some reason It was on so when I was into testing that 'Dying twice' issue, I thought It had something to do with breathing effect option.

This time, I definitely turned FHU option off, but after loading the same save file, It was on again.

2. I'm using sacrosanct https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3928, which is a vampire mod.

There's an ability called Wassail, when player's HP is below 25% during combat, he or she will lose blood till fed. It can be avoided by selecting ability or perk, but only reduced by 75%.

Anyway, when this is activated, the scanning works well, but when the scene is about to begin (the moment that player gets killed again and resurrected,I guess) the scene won't start and just load the last save.

I might be able to avoid this by simply editing 75% to 100% via SSEEdit, or just quit the filthy vampire, but would be appreciated if It gets compatible officially.

1 hour ago, FoxinTale said:

I've hopefully fixed the random hostility this time

Oooh, nice. I thought that fixing it will take way longer.

I'm working on incorporating the bandit stripping from "Player Death Enhanced"

Just an addition, I always delete one script or something from that mod whenever I fresh install it, which is responsible for the NPCs grouping up to the PC corpse and never left the corpse, stuck in crouching down inspecting animation (looting). It also makes the NPCs and the attacking animals to be essentials so that may need to be removed too.

At least, that is in my case.

I'm an uncommon female modder. 

My bad, I have this mentality of "everyone in the internet is male until stated otherwise". May need to get used to using "they" :V

No offense intended.

Looking forward to the advanced features, but no need to rush, you can do this at your own pace.

I wish I can help on the development, since I have experience in programming, but I am unfamiliar with Skyrim modding, and had a hard time even modifying a simple scripts.

2 hours ago, LittleWhiteNeko said:

Oooh, nice. I thought that fixing it will take way longer.

Just an addition, I always delete one script or something from that mod whenever I fresh install it, which is responsible for the NPCs grouping up to the PC corpse and never left the corpse, stuck in crouching down inspecting animation (looting). It also makes the NPCs and the attacking animals to be essentials so that may need to be removed too.

At least, that is in my case.

My bad, I have this mentality of "everyone in the internet is male until stated otherwise". May need to get used to using "they" :V

No offense intended.

Looking forward to the advanced features, but no need to rush, you can do this at your own pace.

I wish I can help on the development, since I have experience in programming, but I am unfamiliar with Skyrim modding, and had a hard time even modifying a simple scripts.

No worries, most folks on the internet are generally male (of sort), so it is a generally understandable assumption. 

Myself, I have programming experience as well. About three years of Java, two years of general web design (HTML,CSS, JS), a year of general web design (HTML, CSS and basic JS), and finally roughly half a year of C and C#, mostly in my free time.

The key limitations of Papyrus is for loops, switch statements and multi-dimensional arrays all don't exist. Aside from that, it's not too different from any other language. The syntax is a bit different but at least the documentation is pretty solid.  I looked at scripting as just another language to learn and started the "Okay, this is what I want to do. Is there a mod that does so I can look at, or let's read through the scripting documentation and see if some functions exist that let me do what I want."

I do my best to write self-documenting code, or write comments as to what's happening to help both future me, and any other devs reading wondering why I did something. Read through some of the source scripts here (Any text editor can open the .psc source files) and, for my code style take a look at this script I wrote on a mod in progress, nd probably just my github in general gives a bit of understanding as to how I code. 

2 hours ago, izumonoryu2 said:

Strangely the mod isn't working for me with a new game for 2.0.0 too - even with 100% settings for necro. It just waits and reloads. And SL animations do work elsewhere. Any way to figure out why?

Do you have a death cam extender mod installed? As the default time to reload is only 5 seconds. The scanning starts at around 10 seconds in. I thought the mod itself extends it to 3600 seconds, but it seems it is either ignored or overwritten by a death cam extender mod.

17 hours ago, lollipop0000 said:

Tried 2.0.1, and hostility issue seems to be solved. Checked once. Thank you.

But sadly I found 2 more bugs...

1. The option 'FHU Deflate' is switched on whenever I load the game. Actually I was certain that I turned this option off at the first time, but for some reason It was on so when I was into testing that 'Dying twice' issue, I thought It had something to do with breathing effect option.

This time, I definitely turned FHU option off, but after loading the same save file, It was on again.

I noticed that in the MCM script that the toggle is set as follows at the bottom:

Function SetFHUCompatiblity(Bool FHUExists)
	deflateOnDeath = FHUExists
EndFunction

Thus, as FHU is detected during game load, then the toggle gets turned on anyway. Two ways to address this; either manually toggle off when loading until this is looked at by the author, or recompile the Util or MCM script after commenting out the call to this function.

8 minutes ago, dweezer said:

I noticed that in the MCM script that the toggle is set as follows at the bottom:

Function SetFHUCompatiblity(Bool FHUExists)
	deflateOnDeath = FHUExists
EndFunction

Thus, as FHU is detected during game load, then the toggle gets turned on anyway. Two ways to address this; either manually toggle off when loading until this is looked at by the author, or recompile the Util or MCM script after commenting out the call to this function.

Thanks. I know how to compile a script so I'll have to make my own fix till it's done officially.

I'm curious. The planned features say "Add an option for current companions (as in, are in Current Companion Faction.. Immoral plus companions only) to get in on the act."

Does this mean that by default, followers don't have sex with your character when he/she dies? Because I tried the original mod a few years ago, and when she got killed by bandits, the bandits just stood around while her follower boned her body. It made no sense for enemy NPCs to suddenly stop hostilities and stand around while her friend raped her dead body. I'd prefer hostile NPCs only.

Edit: The follower in question didn't use the vanilla follower faction... Could that be why? Would there be a way to make only whoever killed her participate?

Edited by ShenGo
3 hours ago, lollipop0000 said:

Thanks. I know how to compile a script so I'll have to make my own fix till it's done officially.

No need to. 2.0.2 has these removed. The intention was to auto-enable compatibility, but this was done when the script checks for plugins (ModChecks function in SLPGNUtil), which was in turn called from the OnPlayerLoadGame event in the main script. I did this way as, sometimes someone may decide to remove or add FHU later on down the line for example. If it ran only once at initiation, then it may never be able to enable compatibility.  The option is still there in 2.0.2, it just won't do it automatically. 

2 hours ago, ShenGo said:

I'm curious. The planned features say "Add an option for current companions (as in, are in Current Companion Faction.. Immoral plus companions only) to get in on the act."

Does this mean that by default, followers don't have sex with your character when he/she dies? Because I tried the original mod a few years ago, and when she got killed by bandits, the bandits just stood around while her follower boned her body. It made no sense for enemy NPCs to suddenly stop hostilities and stand around while her friend raped her dead body. I'd prefer hostile NPCs only.

Edit: The follower in question didn't use the vanilla follower faction... Could that be why? Would there be a way to make only whoever killed her participate?

Yep. CurrentCompanionsFaction, probably with a rank of 1 and higher.

The current "morality check" is kind of amusing. I did not write this part and it is still part of the original mod's scripts. (It's in SLPGNActorLib, if you're curious, ValidNecroActorCheck function)

There is an internal actor value called Morality, but according to uesp.net, this determines "will this follower comply when the player asks him/her to perform a crime? Any Crime, Violence Against Enemies, Property Crime Only, No Crime (0-3)" Most bandits and hostile NPCs have this as 0  (or, really any who haven't had it changed). This is how the mod does that checking. 

As for killer only, that may be possible. I know the onDying event automatically has the killer actor as a parameter so I may be able to pass that through t9o the other function and maybe ignore the other checks. That is an interesting idea, and is going on the to-do list. 

54 minutes ago, FoxinTale said:

No need to. 2.0.2 has these removed. The intention was to auto-enable compatibility, but this was done when the script checks for plugins (ModChecks function in SLPGNUtil), which was in turn called from the OnPlayerLoadGame event in the main script. I did this way as, sometimes someone may decide to remove or add FHU later on down the line for example. If it ran only once at initiation, then it may never be able to enable compatibility.  The option is still there in 2.0.2, it just won't do it automatically. 

That's great. Actually I tried to compile the script but failed. Creation Kit said some arguments have no default value (Mostly starting with "a_", but not included in MCMConfig or any other SLPGN sources), seems like there's another source with variable initialization? Or maybe I'm just stupid so missing something. Haven't done programming for almost 5 years... I could barely edit Skyrim Outfit System's feature a little bit by myself :(

Still, It's very thankful that script sources have comments inside. Most of the mods never have this so It's hard to find what I want.