What is the best way to install body types/skin textures in the modern post Vortex era?

I have spent the last few days trying to get various male (Roberts -> Breezes -> Some 4k seamless vanilla male mod I found) and female skin textures (Type 3 or Type 6) working and have been met with very mixed results.

Right now I have male nude erect skins but dark skinned NPCs like Joe Cobb or Easy Pete have drastically fairer skinned heads for some reason and some female characters seem to suffer from the same. For females no matter what settings I put in the various AIO installers for said skins I either wind up with black waists or some default skin usually the one with the hairy "Wookiee Pussy" despite selecting hairless.

I have tried to use Vortex's version of archive invalidation with mixed results depending on the skin I am trying..

So what is the easiest modern way of getting these skins installed and working? All the tricks I vaguely remember from nearly 10 years ago are woefully out of date and I don't want to leave Vortex because besides skin issues it has worked wonders for 99% of the mods I am using.

1 hour ago, davisev5225 said:

The best way is the same way it's always been: use something that isn't Nexus' own mod manager.  Their software is consistently garbage.

MO / MO2 recommended.

You call the Nexus software garbage and then you seriously suggest the single least useable mod organizer made for Bethesda games.

1 hour ago, Hybris50 said:

You call the Nexus software garbage and then you seriously suggest the single least useable mod organizer made for Bethesda games.

Afro-American body-White face bug is caused by a wrong INI setting:

(from Steam post) -  Add bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 in your inis under [General] or just set it to 1 if its already there.

Also MO2 is really good, but has a learning curve. This is usually where most hatret comes from. (I can also confirm it works well for Stardew Valley)

Vortex is pretty good too, but you have no idea what you are installing, except a mod-name. It does sorting, but doesn't tell you how. Also it doesn't warn you, if you are missing a 'master' plugin. ***Since the last time I used it, it did add a feature to add mod compilations***

FOMM can work for smaller mods, but is showing it's age

Wrye Bash can work with bigger mods and has a nice bashing-feature, but lacks proper FOMOD processing. Also the UI is confusing.

Nexus Mod manager is plain terrible

This is the worst mod-manager: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38158

6 hours ago, Hybris50 said:

Vortex is just a re-hash of NMM, but with a virtual file system.  It suffers from the same "pile of files" issues that NMM has.  To combat that, they give you file overrides, but those come in multiple flavors and can layer on top of each other, so if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing, it very quickly turns into a broken, unusable mess.

Mod Organizer is also a virtual file system, but it is easily organized by mod.  Mods load in the order shown (no extra menus, configurations, etc. required) and it displays all conflicts in an easy-to-read format, both upstream and downstream.  It also doesn't collect user data for Nexus' (or anyone else's) marketing purposes.

So yes, I recommend Mod Organizer because it is objectively better than Vortex and NMM.  Don't complain that you don't like the answer when YOU asked the question.

Edited by davisev5225
33 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

So yes, I recommend Mod Organizer because it is objectively better than Vortex and NMM.  Don't complain that you don't like the answer when YOU asked the question.

Don't complain when you don't answer the question asked.

"So what is the easiest modern way of getting these skins installed and working? All the tricks I vaguely remember from nearly 10 years ago are woefully out of date and I don't want to leave Vortex because besides skin issues it has worked wonders for 99% of the mods I am using."

In case it's not clear I am not interested in giving up the mod manager that despite complaints and points raised by others works for 99% of my mods with a fraction of the effort and time that dealing with MO would force me to deal with just to get one aspect of my mod load to work.

So if you can't provide a constructive answer then please move on to the next thread.

9 hours ago, Hybris50 said:

"So what is the easiest modern way of getting these skins installed and working? All the tricks I vaguely remember from nearly 10 years ago are woefully out of date and I don't want to leave Vortex because besides skin issues it has worked wonders for 99% of the mods I am using."

In case it's not clear I am not interested in giving up the mod manager that despite complaints and points raised by others works for 99% of my mods with a fraction of the effort and time that dealing with MO would force me to deal with just to get one aspect of my mod load to work.

So if you can't provide a constructive answer then please move on to the next thread.

Did my answer solve (some of ) the issues?

16 hours ago, Hybris50 said:

Since my previous reply was deleted without telling me why, I'll answer a different way.

I gave you the only valid answer.  Trying to make Vortex work is just an exercise in frustration, as you're finding out.  It will save you a lot of headache, frustration, and time to just switch to Mod Organizer (probably MO2 at this point) rather than continue to try and troubleshoot Nexus' broken, data-harvesting software.  If you're unwilling to accept that answer, then no one here can really help you any further.

2 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

Since my previous reply was deleted without telling me why, I'll answer a different way.

I gave you the only valid answer.  Trying to make Vortex work is just an exercise in frustration, as you're finding out.  It will save you a lot of headache, frustration, and time to just switch to Mod Organizer (probably MO2 at this point) rather than continue to try and troubleshoot Nexus' broken, data-harvesting software.  If you're unwilling to accept that answer, then no one here can really help you any further.

Not completely true. I CAN try.

@Hybris  I do need some sort of load/install order from you though.

Can you post or screenshot your mod list?

Sidenote. I believe Vortex, like MO2, uses profiles. This means that the ini's in <documents\my games\falloutnewvegas> would be ignored. I have no idea where and how the profiles are stored in Vortex, but the fix I suggested needs to go to the ini's in the profile you currently use, not in the in <documents\my games\falloutnewvegas> folder.

16 hours ago, dborg2 said:

Not completely true. I CAN try.

@Hybris  I do need some sort of load/install order from you though.

Can you post or screenshot your mod list?

Sidenote. I believe Vortex, like MO2, uses profiles. This means that the ini's in <documents\my games\falloutnewvegas> would be ignored. I have no idea where and how the profiles are stored in Vortex, but the fix I suggested needs to go to the ini's in the profile you currently use, not in the in <documents\my games\falloutnewvegas> folder.

loadorder.txtplugins.txt

Here is the load order and mod list but I do have screenshots of the Vortex interface if that might be clearer.

As for profiles Vortex has the option to use game profiles but its is turned off by default. That said I poked around and found where I believe the profiles for FNV and other games managed by Vortex in <(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\falloutnv\profiles\(Randoms numbers and letters for profile ID I guess)>

Once there I did find what I believe to be the real Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files and applied your fix to the Fallout.ini that didn't have bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 applied.

I will have to actually test it later today after work though. Thank you for the help and here is hoping that someone else will find this info useful.

Update: No effect on heads. I'm thinking of ripping out all the skins and getting back to a stock state and then manually loading the skins instead of trying to rely on the mod's own installers.

Edited by Hybris50
Tested solution.
On 9/21/2022 at 12:03 PM, Hybris50 said:

loadorder.txt 3.57 kB · 0 downloads plugins.txt 3.43 kB · 0 downloads

Here is the load order and mod list but I do have screenshots of the Vortex interface if that might be clearer.

As for profiles Vortex has the option to use game profiles but its is turned off by default. That said I poked around and found where I believe the profiles for FNV and other games managed by Vortex in <(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\falloutnv\profiles\(Randoms numbers and letters for profile ID I guess)>

Once there I did find what I believe to be the real Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini files and applied your fix to the Fallout.ini that didn't have bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles=1 applied.

I will have to actually test it later today after work though. Thank you for the help and here is hoping that someone else will find this info useful.

Update: No effect on heads. I'm thinking of ripping out all the skins and getting back to a stock state and then manually loading the skins instead of trying to rely on the mod's own installers.

reviewing you loadorder:

-FOOK. I believe this mod has been broken for a while now and causing issues with scripts and quests.
-Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia  ^^ Ditto

-More Perks. I believe there is a merged patch for this, that fixes conflicts and reduces the number of used plugins

-MaxFollowers12.esp <-- you don't need this. You have JIP CC&C

-UnlimitedCompanions.esp <-- you don't need this. You have JIP CC&C
-UnlimitedCompanions SCRIPT FIX.esp <-- you don't need this. You have JIP CC&C

-HZFollowerCheatMenu.esp <-- don't know what this is, but probably also covered by JIP CC&C

You have a lot of large (overhaul) mods running at the same time. I don't know if you have all compatibility patches.

Primary Needs, FOOK, ILO, Electro City, ProjectNevada, Caliber, WeaponsOfTheNewMillenia, EVE FNV, Weapon Retexture Project, NevadaSkies

You also have several traits and perk mods running at the same time. I think that that isn't an issue, but it could cause issues if they edit/repurpose already existing perks.

------------

I couldn't see any female body mods in the Loadorder list. Usually they don't have plugins, so this is normal.

I couldn't see any traces of Breeze's or Robert's male body. They both have a plugin to add an appendage. I don't think Sexout supports any other male body type.

I think I'll need screenshots of Vortex to see which body and skeleton mod(s) you are using.

---------------

disclaimer. I haven't kept track of mods in years and some might have had updates to fix above mentioned issues.

Edited by dborg2
5 hours ago, dborg2 said:

reviewing you loadorder:

-FOOK. I believe this mod has been broken for a while now and causing issues with scripts and quests. - If I remember right I grabbed this because Project Nevada needed it. At this point I am going to just dump PN as its caused other headaches involving the UI that make it not worth fighting anymore.
-Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia  ^^ Ditto - Can't say I have had or seen issues with this one but if I have to remove it I will.

-More Perks. I believe there is a merged patch for this, that fixes conflicts and reduces the number of used plugins - I will double check this and there is a chance that if there is a merged patch might have missed it. A lot of these mods I grabbed off of memory from the last time I played.

-MaxFollowers12.esp <-- you don't need this. You have JIP CC&C - Didn't think CC&C covered having more than stock companions but I will test this out and see what happens.

-UnlimitedCompanions.esp <-- you don't need this. You have JIP CC&C ^ Ditto
-UnlimitedCompanions SCRIPT FIX.esp <-- you don't need this. You have JIP CC&C ^ Ditto

-HZFollowerCheatMenu.esp <-- don't know what this is, but probably also covered by JIP CC&C ^ Ditto

You have a lot of large (overhaul) mods running at the same time. I don't know if you have all compatibility patches. 

Primary Needs, FOOK, ILO, Electro City, ProjectNevada, Caliber, WeaponsOfTheNewMillenia, EVE FNV, Weapon Retexture Project, NevadaSkies - I will review these but I know off the bat that technically ILO and NevadaSkies conflict slightly so I will likely just have to dump ILO (You spend more time outside in NV anyway) just to eliminate variables. Caliber and NewMillenia do have a patch.

You also have several traits and perk mods running at the same time. I think that that isn't an issue, but it could cause issues if they edit/repurpose already existing perks. - I believe that the perk/traits mods that I picked only add on to the existing ones instead of changing them but I will keep a eye out for anything odd once I get deeper into the game.

------------

I couldn't see any female body mods in the Loadorder list. Usually they don't have plugins, so this is normal.

I couldn't see any traces of Breeze's or Robert's male body. They both have a plugin to add an appendage. I don't think Sexout supports any other male body type.

I think I'll need screenshots of Vortex to see which body and skeleton mod(s) you are using.

---------------

disclaimer. I haven't kept track of mods in years and some might have had updates to fix above mentioned issues.

Here is the original load order in the Vortex manager that doesn't include any of your recommendations.

Female: I have the BNB Body and skeleton that does have a skin replacer. Now I had thought that the Type 3 Hi-Rez skin replacer and the Type 6 replacer that required the Type 3 skin would have overwritten those but looking at the screenshots for BNB they are female skins I am seeing in game so that is something I will need to look at closer. Last I downloaded that mod it didn't have any skins or if it did they were overwritten by later mods.

Male: I had been bouncing between Roberts and Breeze and decided to try a newer made "Improved Vanilla Male Body - Seamless - 4k" as it was a newer mod and was compatible with the same NV compatible skeleton that had a erect model thus hopefully solve some of my issues. I will probably go back to Roberts after cleaning out some of the above mods.

FalloutNVLoadOrder Part 1 9-21-2022.png

FalloutNVLoadOrder Part 2 9-21-2022.png

FalloutNVLoadOrder Part 3 9-21-2022.png

FalloutNVLoadOrder Part 4 9-21-2022.png

FalloutNVLoadOrder Part 5 9-21-2022.png

FalloutNVLoadOrder Part 6 9-21-2022.png

I'm a bit pressed for time right now, but first comments.

Remove New Vegas Stutter Removal and use New Vegas Tick Fix instead. It's more stable and causes less silent script failures

You have 2 certain skeletons and possible the NV Compatible Skeleton is getting overwritten. Make sure that the NV Compatible skeleton is loaded last

You also have 3 female body replaces. Type 3, Beware of Girl and BNB. They are loaded in the incorrect order. Make sure they are in that <--- order

Edited by dborg2
  • 3 months later...
On 9/19/2022 at 7:18 PM, Hybris50 said:

I have spent the last few days trying to get various male (Roberts -> Breezes -> Some 4k seamless vanilla male mod I found) and female skin textures (Type 3 or Type 6) working and have been met with very mixed results.

Right now I have male nude erect skins but dark skinned NPCs like Joe Cobb or Easy Pete have drastically fairer skinned heads for some reason and some female characters seem to suffer from the same. For females no matter what settings I put in the various AIO installers for said skins I either wind up with black waists or some default skin usually the one with the hairy "Wookiee Pussy" despite selecting hairless.

I have tried to use Vortex's version of archive invalidation with mixed results depending on the skin I am trying..

So what is the easiest modern way of getting these skins installed and working? All the tricks I vaguely remember from nearly 10 years ago are woefully out of date and I don't want to leave Vortex because besides skin issues it has worked wonders for 99% of the mods I am using.

Were you finally able to get this to work? I have seen on potential fix online for some of these texture issues, but I don't know if they work. I am currently working on modding FO3 (similar to NV) and also using Vortex, so I'm just seeing if you had any success.

3 hours ago, kinghelseth said:

Were you finally able to get this to work? I have seen on potential fix online for some of these texture issues, but I don't know if they work. I am currently working on modding FO3 (similar to NV) and also using Vortex, so I'm just seeing if you had any success.

See my previous replies.  Vortex never works 100%...

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, assassin394 said:

I'm using Vortex and everything work fine. People need to stop listening to those Mod Orgy lunatic. If you like to use MO then good for you but stop trash talk and dissuade people from using Vortex.

You're the exception, not the rule.  And your definition of "works fine" probably doesn't match the expectation that it will "work out of the box".  Vortex requires an insane amount of tweaking to get anything to work properly for Bethesda games.

Vor 4 Stunden sagte davisev5225:

Du bist die Ausnahme, nicht die Regel. Und Ihre Definition von "funktioniert gut" entspricht wahrscheinlich nicht der Erwartung, dass es "out of the box" funktionieren wird. Vortex erfordert eine wahnsinnige Menge an Optimierungen, damit alles für Bethesda-Spiele richtig funktioniert.

Wrong - Vortex works well for me too and your statement is no longer correct

Please stop your "campaign" against Vortex - it's getting ridiculous

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Wrong - Vortex works well for me too and your statement is no longer correct

Please stop your "campaign" against Vortex - it's getting ridiculous

It's not a "campaign", it's the truth.  Just because you decided to go through the brain damage to make it work doesn't mean everyone else should have to based on false pretenses.  I've already provided several reasons, in this very discussion thread, why Vortex is terrible.  Those reasons have not changed because they're endemic to the design of the application and of Nexus itself.

But here, I'll spell out the single biggest reason why Vortex is garbage, in more detail than previous posts: Nexus didn't like that Mod Organizer was (and still is) the much better and preferred mod loading solution.  Nexus Mod Manager has/had a proven track record of fucking everything up and forcing users to wipe out their game install directories and start over... repeatedly.  So they hired the developer behind Mod Organizer's virtual file system to try and improve NMM (later "renamed" to Vortex).  All good so far, in theory.  Problem is, Nexus didn't want to give up their terrible "pile of files" installation method - they wanted their system to continue to function as though you had just copy/pasted any arbitrary file over top of your game install, regardless of what mod it came from or compatibility issues.

So now you have a mod installation system that only cares about the chronological order of installation rather than the displayed order.  To solve this, they then added a ridiculously complex "override" system, which allows you to specify load order priority on a per-file basis and/or a group basis, with vague and unclear indications of which one takes priority over the other; AND the whole override system is in an entirely separate window from the mod list.  Many users simply don't know how to handle that level of complexity, and Vortex doesn't provide any adequate solutions to deal with it; instead relying on users to help each other "figure it out".  The file conflict detection is wonky, dependency checking is still unfinished, and the whole UX is still very 1990's aside from the visuals.

In short, Vortex was a "solution" that created its own problems to solve, but hasn't bothered to solve the very problems it created.  And I think Nexus LIKES this problem, because it (in theory) drives more traffic to their website (via discussion forums seeking help), which in turn increases their ad revenue.  They're actually disincentivized to solve these issues because they make more money by having a barely-functional, complicated product rather than a user-friendly one.  Last time I checked, Vortex doesn't display ads; and since it's a free product from a commercial enterprise, they have to make their money off of you in other ways.  Remember: when it's "free" from a company, it means YOU are the product, not the "free" thing.

Edited by davisev5225
3 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

It's not a "campaign", it's the truth.  Just because you decided to go through the brain damage to make it work doesn't mean everyone else should have to based on false pretenses.  I've already provided several reasons, in this very discussion thread, why Vortex is terrible.  Those reasons have not changed because they're endemic to the design of the application and of Nexus itself.

But here, I'll spell out the single biggest reason why Vortex is garbage, in more detail than previous posts: Nexus didn't like that Mod Organizer was (and still is) the much better and preferred mod loading solution.  Nexus Mod Manager has/had a proven track record of fucking everything up and forcing users to wipe out their game install directories and start over... repeatedly.  So they hired the developer behind Mod Organizer's virtual file system to try and improve NMM (later "renamed" to Vortex).  All good so far, in theory.  Problem is, Nexus didn't want to give up their terrible "pile of files" installation method - they wanted their system to continue to function as though you had just copy/pasted any arbitrary file over top of your game install, regardless of what mod it came from or compatibility issues.

So now you have a mod installation system that only cares about the chronological order of installation rather than the displayed order.  To solve this, they then added a ridiculously complex "override" system, which allows you to specify load order priority on a per-file basis and/or a group basis, with vague and unclear indications of which one takes priority over the other; AND the whole override system is in an entirely separate window from the mod list.  Many users simply don't know how to handle that level of complexity, and Vortex doesn't provide any adequate solutions to deal with it; instead relying on users to help each other "figure it out".  The file conflict detection is wonky, dependency checking is still unfinished, and the whole UX is still very 1990's aside from the visuals.

In short, Vortex was a "solution" that created its own problems to solve, but hasn't bothered to solve the very problems it created.  And I think Nexus LIKES this problem, because it (in theory) drives more traffic to their website (via discussion forums seeking help), which in turn increases their ad revenue.  They're actually disincentivized to solve these issues because they make more money by having a barely-functional, complicated product rather than a user-friendly one.  Last time I checked, Vortex doesn't display ads; and since it's a free product from a commercial enterprise, they have to make their money off of you in other ways.  Remember: when it's "free" from a company, it means YOU are the product, not the "free" thing.

Wall of text. Its true that the mod order screen is overly complex but you can just ignore that screen. When you install a mod that have files that overwrite other mod you can just click on the red lighting icon and manual select which mod load after what. Also MO is the one that required a lots of beginning tweak. Vortex just work out of the box.

Some examples:

-I don't know if this change but back then everytime I install a mod with MO I have to manual select root data folder or something while vortex can auto detect if the is sub folder/files inside data or not and install the files correctly

- Vortex can auto-detect installed bodyslide, FNIS, Nemesis and added tool shortcuts for these programs into the client. If you want to use both FNIS and Nemesis its super easy. Just run FNIS first then Nemesis after. Done. With MOD, you have to config the output folder for both and do several more step.

I'm using Vortex for all Bethedas games. From Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas to SSE and FO4. Have like hundreds of mods installed and never have any problem. Stop with your anti Vortex nonsense

1.jpg.4b5f56e3bc754cb88e79b4ea44470e5e.jpg

Edited by assassin394
1 hour ago, assassin394 said:

Wall of text. Its true that the mod order screen is overly complex but you can just ignore that screen. When you install a mod that have files that overwrite other mod you can just click on the red lighting icon and manual select which mod load after what. Also MO is the one that required a lots of beginning tweak. Vortex just work out of the box.

Some examples:

-I don't know if this change but back then everytime I install a mod with MO I have to manual select root data folder or something while vortex can auto detect if the is sub folder/files inside data or not and install the files correctly

- Vortex can auto-detect installed bodyslide, FNIS, Nemesis and added tool shortcuts for these programs into the client. If you want to use both FNIS and Nemesis its super easy. Just run FNIS first then Nemesis after. Done. With MOD, you have to config the output folder for both and do several more step.

I'm using Vortex for all Bethedas games. From Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas to SSE and FO4. Have like hundreds of mods installed and never have any problem. Stop with your anti Vortex nonsense

Sorry for the wall of text.

I'm currently using Mod Organizer 2. I have also worked with Vortex, but for my usage it wasn't feasable to continue using it. (Note that Vortex might have been updated and fixed some issues I ran into a couple of years ago)

First the points you bring up on Mod Organizer 2.

95% of mods are properly recognized by MO2 and only 2 types of mods are not properly recognized.

1: the loose random file. usually the mod page has something like "replace meshes/armor/modname/file.nif" with my file and overwrite when prompted. I have seen Vortex 'install this mod' but I have no idea WHAT it has actually done.

2: mods with a lot of unrecognizable folders, like screenshots, documents, <mod name> folder. Vortex installs these better.

I just finished a Skyrim SSE installation in Mod Organizer. I had the 2nd case type mod 2 or 3 times out of 400+ mods.

---

MO2's Auto detection of FOSE/NVSE/SKSE/F4SE and LOOT are done automatically. I believe it also recognizes the ***edit programs.

It doesn't recognize Bodyslide/FNIS/Nemesis and all generated stuff automatically goes to the 'overwrite' folder (also files generated during gameplay go there). They have added options to create 'empty mod folders' and have stuff automatically go there.

-----------------------

The differences as I see and the issues I have run in (hopefully not too much bias):

Game-detection. Both are equal in this. I might be mistaken, but I believe MO2 recognizes more games and can be configured to add games not recognized. (I have MO2 handle my Stardew Valley mod list for instance)

Tools for games and setup of Vortex is easier as MO2.

Neither tool allows multiple instances of themselves running. So I can't play Skyrim and Stardew Valley at the same time

Setting up Nexus-links to be recognized by MO2 was more difficult as for Vortex. I have seperate instances for each game, and clicking on a nexuslink immediately loads the correct MO2-instance. (if none are open). Vortex doesn't really allow multiple instances.

Vortex and MO2 both have an install order, and both can be configured to tell which mod overwrites which other mod. The option to see mod-conflicts on file-level in MO2 is what made me switch to MO2. I was unable to see individual file conflicts in Vortex and therefor ran into issues in Skyrim.

MO2 also allows managing plugin orders (esp/esm/esl) seperately and I was unable to do so in Vortex, and was therefor fully reliant on LOOT and what Vortex decided. I was also immediately notified of missing masters in MO2.

MO2 has issues with BAIN-formatted mods and rarely a FOMOD can't be parsed correctly. (I don't know if Vortex has either of these issues)

Vortex can install Nexus-modcollections, MO2 can't.

UI-wise I prefer MO2, because of it's clear and empty layout, but comparisons of UI is by definition purely opinion based.

Tiny pluspoint for MO2 is the ability to create empty mods and mod-separators.

--------------------

As a mod creator and when helping users with mod conflicts, MO2 is easier for me to assist users.

2 hours ago, assassin394 said:

Good for you, and I mean this genuinely and without sarcasm: I'm happy you've got a solution that works for you.

Where I take issue is when people, such as yourself, try to preach it as the "only" or "best" solution.  It's neither.  It's a deeply flawed product whose very foundations are terrible, and its primary purpose is to lock users into the Nexus ecosystem in order to drive ad revenue.  Meanwhile, MO2's primary purpose is to make it easy to mod your games and resolve file conflicts.  This is why MO2 works so intuitively well while Vortex seemingly requires a degree in computer science <sarcasm> in order to beat into submission.

Edited by davisev5225
15 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

Good for you, and I mean this genuinely and without sarcasm: I'm happy you've got a solution that works for you.

Where I take issue is when people, such as yourself, try to preach it as the "only" or "best" solution.  It's neither.  It's a deeply flawed product whose very foundations are terrible, and its primary purpose is to lock users into the Nexus ecosystem in order to drive ad revenue.  Meanwhile, MO2's primary purpose is to make it easy to mod your games and resolve file conflicts.  This is why MO2 works so intuitively well while Vortex seemingly requires a degree in computer science <sarcasm> in order to beat into submission.

Where did I say Vortex is the best solution? And yes I mean it without sarcasm when I say if you like to use MO2 then good for you too. I'm only reply to those people who trash talk Vortex and say it completely broken while praise MO2 and actively discourage people from use Vortex. That is simply not true. Both have pro and cons. And Vortex work just fine as any mod manager out there.

I don't know about you but I try both MO and NMM and now Vortex. Vortex is way more beginner friendly than MO2.  It also supports multiple games like Cyberpunk, The Witcher 3...etc instead of Bethesda games only. Vortex is like Windows and MO2 is like Linux.

Edited by assassin394
5 hours ago, assassin394 said:

And Vortex work just fine as any mod manager out there.

Vortex is way more beginner friendly than MO2.  It also supports multiple games like Cyberpunk, The Witcher 3...etc instead of Bethesda games only.

It really doesn't and it really isn't.  The number of people who can't even get something as simple as a texture mod to work is proof enough.

Also, MO2 supports many more games than just Bethesda titles.  A quick look at one of the recent patch notes can tell you that:

https://github.com/ModOrganizer2/modorganizer/releases/tag/v2.4.3