Welp. I'm having a similar issue when I use the submit key against a Vampire Master. The vampire will feed, it will do it's scene, and then it'll CTD when it moves past the sex. Oh well..

I disagree  :)

I have submit loading correctly in the MCM both on my current save and a new game started after installing sexlab 1.58b

While I haven't used the player submit option recently as i don't lose fights and i have SD+ installed for when i do the dialogue options do work (tested numerous times) as does the forcing NPC's to submit.

When i fire up skyrim later i will test losing and manually submitting (i.e push the submit key while being attacked by hostile npc) and see if that works.

As to the creatures i'd make sure you have creature animations ticked on in sexlab framework and that the creature support in submit is set to 2 and that your not using a higher level enemies mod that creates new harder creatures (i.e rather than a draugr you get a draugr [harderNPCname]) since i've asked before and submit won't work on those (something to do with lists that went over my head)

I'd then go and try some matchmaker sex with animals and see if that works, if that doesn't work then you have a problem with creature animations and not submit

Do you mind if you supply your current load order to help clear things up for me and others?

After reinstalling Skyrim and applying the mods with the current load order generated by BOSS:

Skyrim
Update
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
Dawnguard
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
HearthFires
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
Dragonborn
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
SexLab
ZaZAnimationPack
SexLabMatchMaker
SkyUI
SexLab Submit
Alternate Start - Live Another Life

I ensured FNIS was used properly, applied creature support in MCM for sexlab and activated creature support level 2 in submit.

I tried submit on human NPC - which was successful but CTD after bondage in 5 - 20 seconds
  1. I tested using Matchmaker to start a scene with a wolf - which was successful 
  2. I then tested using submit afterwards -  failure (Manual & Automatic mode)
  3. I reloaded save, tried again, succeed using manual key a split second after the wolf detected me - but then after animations, a CTD occured...

I have provided the Papyrus log in the file attachment of after the crash - including screenshots of evidence of what I have stated

I've looked at your log and there are an awful lot of errors in there for a new game.

Are you using the unoffical patches? I don't think you are as i'm pretty sure that they remove some of the errors in there

You can get the unoffical patches from the nexus page here http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19/?

That should increase skyrim stability, you also have quite a few errors in there from approach and attraction so it might be worth trying a new game without them as well (or setting approach NPC check in the MCM to a longer interval)

I'm using

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
SexLab.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
SGHairPackBase.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
paradise_halls.esm=1
SexLab Attraction.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
SharedSeranaDialogue.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
daymoyl.esm=1
Devious Devices - Integration.esm=1
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp=1
NewmGlassRobe.esp=1
no vampire attacks before dawnguard.esp=1
barenziahquestmarkers.esp=1
SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp=1
Books of Skyrim Compilation.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
SexLab Approach.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
DeathHoundFix.esp=1
armorcirclets.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1
Apropos.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
SexLab Submit Serana.esp=1
erboscookingexp.esp=1
craftablelockpicks.esp=0
guardskillcomments.esp=1
Zipsuit.esp=1
FreeMem.esp=1
DD - Interactions.esp=1
High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp=1
ingot recovery.esp=1
Lightweight Potions and Poisons.esp=1
LoversVictim.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp=1
MoreNastyCritters.esp=1
Latex Armor.esp=1
crimsonquestmarkers.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
SexLabWerewolves.esp=1
ImmersiveFP.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp=1
SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1
SGHairPackAIO.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp=1
run for your lives.esp=1
sanguinesDebauchery.esp=1
sextoys-calyps-2.esp=1
High Level Enemies.esp=1
High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp=1
slaverun.esp=1
No Kill Moves.esp=1
Captured Dreams.esp=1
hydra_slavegirls.esp=1
AliciaPainSlut.esp=1
SexLab-Stories.esp=1
Devious Deviants.esp=1
FNISSexyMove.esp=1
SDpatch - dawnguard.esp=1
SDpatch - dragonborn.esp=1
the hunting game - thegreylight.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SSv2.esp=1
PuppetMaster.esp=1
SexLabStatsManipulator.esp=1
SkyrimBound.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
cbbecurvy.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
lockpickvision.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=1
SlaveHeelsForHDTHighheelSystem.esp=1
Spanking.esp=1
TERAArmors.esp=1
when vampires attack.esp=1
vidani's bag of holding.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
Solutions-PrisonOverhaul Patch.esp=1
dragonsoulstoperks.esp=1
questfixes.esp=1
animal_mansion.esp=1
dungeonquestawareness.esp=1
paradise_halls_family_feud.esp=1
NiruinsBusinessPlan.esp=1
paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp=1
Sansa.esp=1
paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp=1
SlaversGuild.esp=1
HentaiCreatures.esp=1
the paarthurnax dilemma.esp=1
SlaversHideout.esp=1
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp=1
SexLabDangerousNights.esp=1
SlaverunEnforcer.esp=1
smelterinriverwood.esp=1
SexLab-StoriesDevious.esp=1
Gildergreen Regrown.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
slowerstaminadrain.esp=1
My Home Is Your Home.esp=1
askfollowerskills.esp=1
theeyesofbeauty.esp=1
XiNafay - Shoes.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp=1

After reinstalling Skyrim and applying the mods with the current load order generated by BOSS:

As a side note, BOSS is getting outdated.

We have moved to it's successor LOOT that just got updated today.

Use this in the future:

https://loot.github.io/

Edit: As a reminder (as said above) I do not suffer from CTDs with Submit.

How easy is using loot compared to say BOSS ?? also does loot sort a better job then BOSS ??

Pretty much exactly the same, ya click to sort, it thinks for a while and if it recognises everything it then shows you a status page and if it doesn't recognise everything it takes a guess and asks you to inform the LOOT makers if the guess is wrong although you can manually adjust the priorities if you want.

So far its not guessed wrong for me.

It did recognise some errors that i could fix with Tes 5 edit that BOSS hadn't pointed out to me and you no longer need to set manual rules for unknown stuff to get it anywhere other than the bottom of the load order as well.

I have re-installed Skyrim, and applied the unofficial Patches, Sexlab Framework and Sexlab Submit. The following load order was generated by LOOT:

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(2) Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(4) HearthFires.esm
(5) Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
(6) Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
(7) Dragonborn.esm
(8) Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
(9) SexLab.esm
(10) HighResTexturePack01.esp
(11) HighResTexturePack02.esp
(12) HighResTexturePack03.esp
(13) SexLab Submit.esp
(14) SkyUI.esp
(15) SexLabMatchMaker.esp
(16) Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
(17) Bashed Patch, 0.esp

You can see from there I applied a Bashed Patch too, to see if it helps with anything.

- I use the unofficial patches

- I do not use approach or attraction on these tests

The following Papyrus log is the results of creating a new save, running around a bit, getting auto-submitted from two humans, and finally CTD after the second NPC has finished their thing...

I tested Sexlab Defeat, which seems to work right off the bat in place of submit, however I dislike its lack of invincibility at 0hp to proceed to surrender - kind of defeats the point.

I use Nexus Mod Manager to install these Mods, maybe I should apply them manually and see if that makes a difference?

If you have time, I would be grateful if you could test Submit using only my installed mods and compare generated load order.

{I have attached screenshots of that session play to go along with the papyrus log, showing MCM settings from new save, submit working from NPC's, and then CTD}

post-485565-0-74181900-1404960420_thumb.png

post-485565-0-26929100-1404960446_thumb.png

post-485565-0-42072400-1404960470_thumb.png

post-485565-0-90873600-1404960500_thumb.png

post-485565-0-50431800-1404960525_thumb.png

post-485565-0-23971500-1404960567_thumb.png

I have re-installed Skyrim, and applied the unofficial Patches, Sexlab Framework and Sexlab Submit. The following load order was generated by LOOT:

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(4) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm
(9) SexLab.esm
(13) SexLab Submit.esp
(14) SkyUI.esp
(17) Bashed Patch, 0.esp

You can see from there I applied a Bashed Patch too, to see if it helps with anything.

The following Papyrus log is the results of creating a new save, running around a bit, getting auto-submitted from two humans, and finally CTD after the second NPC has finished their thing...

I tested Sexlab Defeat, which seems to work right off the bat in place of submit, however I dislike its lack of invincibility at 0hp to proceed to surrender - kind of defeats the point.

I use Nexus Mod Manager to install these Mods, maybe I should apply them manually and see if that makes a difference?

If you have time, I would be grateful if you could test Submit using only my installed mods and compare generated load order.

{I have attached screenshots of that session play to go along with the papyrus log, showing MCM settings from new save, submit working from NPC's, and then CTD}

If you're down to that few mods I would say you might want to consider switching over to Mod Organizer. Using the STEP guide http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9 is a good base too, and of course you can leave off any mods you don't want or are too resource greedy for your system. Strange that your LOOT organized your unofficial patches like that though... it should be:

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(4) Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
(5) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm

You should also consider downloading the Unofficial High Resolution Patch http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255 which would go right after your HighResTexturePack plugins.

As far as actual help goes... ensure you have the latest version of SKSE (1.7.1), redownload and install Sexlab Framework and all of it's dependencies (including the XP-32 Skeleton and it's dependencies), redownload Submit and it's dependencies, redownload and install the latest version of FNIS for Users and the Creature Animations, ensure you run it under Administrator access. Do all that carefully, make a checklist if you need to to make sure you didn't skip anything. Finally make sure you are loading the game through the SKSE launcher. Use a new game to test. Still having the CTD issue?

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(4) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm
(9) SexLab.esm
(13) SexLab Submit.esp
(14) SkyUI.esp
(17) Bashed Patch, 0.esp

If you're down to that few mods I would say you might want to consider switching over to Mod Organizer. Using the STEP guide http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9 is a good base too, and of course you can leave off any mods you don't want or are too resource greedy for your system. Strange that your LOOT organized your unofficial patches like that though... it should be:

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(5) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm

You should also consider downloading the Unofficial High Resolution Patch http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31255 which would go right after your HighResTexturePack plugins.

As far as actual help goes... ensure you have the latest version of SKSE (1.7.1), redownload and install Sexlab Framework and all of it's dependencies (including the XP-32 Skeleton and it's dependencies), redownload Submit and it's dependencies, redownload and install the latest version of FNIS for Users and the Creature Animations, ensure you run it under Administrator access. Do all that carefully, make a checklist if you need to to make sure you didn't skip anything. Finally make sure you are loading the game through the SKSE launcher. Use a new game to test. Still having the CTD issue?

I to am having the same problem as described by synexz even after following your steps and the ones for troubleshooting. The problem for me is that the game will CTD after the sex scene ends after submitting.  

I to am having the same problem as described by synexz even after following your steps and the ones for troubleshooting. The problem for me is that the game will CTD after the sex scene ends after submitting.  

By the sounds of it, the crash is occurring when the mod attempts to apply the bindings and rob the player... try turning off all "pc is robbed" type options. If the crash still happens then try the hardcore escape mode.

Those who are NOT having issues with the newest Sexlab framework running with submit, what other Sexlab mods are you running? Can you submit, be raped, be bound, be robbed, and escape without CTD?

Synexz looks like something bad is happening at the animation end. what settings are you using in sexlab mcm menu do you have ragdoll on ?? if so try turning it off and see if the crash still happening.

I did not read this part. but NMM does not install sexlab mods correctly try switching to Mod Organizer this at least does a far better job. so yes either try installing the mods manually but don't use NMM for any mods not even tools SKSE and other such tools should always be installed manually.

I really wish people would stop disseminating false information.  NMM or MO doesn't matter - NMM installs sexlab mods perfectly fine unless the zipped file is packaged incorrectly, meaning not in the standard game folder structure folder structure, or with a badly designed installer.  I have never had any issue installing any of LL mods for FONV or Skyrim using NMM.  That includes Submit, and I have never had crashing.  To note, I have set NMM to always run as administrator, so maybe that's why I don't have an issue.  That being said, I do suggest getting MO as soon as possible and learning it's intricate abilities.  It can be a very useful tool especially if you like having multiple characters that you swap between or like having different setups for different type of characters (thief setup using X mods, while a mage build uses Y mods).  And if you want to eventually write mods, it is useful to have a test bed setup and a live game setup.  It has a steeper learning curve than using NMM or Wrye Bash (Smash/Whatever they are actually calling it).  That being said, never use ANY mod manager to install SKSE.  Frankly I wouldn't even use their installer.  Manually install SKSE like DMan said.  And also make sure that you are launching the game through the SKSE_Loader (or what the exact name is), NOT through steam or the TESV.exe directly.

The crash appears to be happening either when the looting occurs, or just after looting when the binding happens.  Like others have mentioned, change some of the settings like PC looting, and see if that helps.  Not sure if there is an option to disable the binding part, but if there is, disable that as well and see.  I hate to ask this, but have you tried refreshing the cache through steam? Do that then try again (if you cleaned the DLC with TesVEdit, you'll need to clean them again after refeshing the cache).

Destynova99, on 10 Jul 2014 - 05:42 AM, said:

Synexz, on 10 Jul 2014 - 03:52 AM, said:

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(4) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm
(9) SexLab.esm
(13) SexLab Submit.esp
(14) SkyUI.esp
(17) Bashed Patch, 0.esp

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(5) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm

Here is an update of my situation

I have created a check-list of the things I have done, including screenshot proof.

Check-list

• [x] - Install Skyrim
  • [x] - Install SKSE 1.7.1 (Manual Drag and Drop Into Data)
  • [x] - Install SSME (Manual Install)
  • [x] - Install Mod Organizer (To install Mods)
  • [x] - Install Unofficial Patches
  • [x] - Install Realistic Ragdolls and Force
  • [x] - Install XP32 Maximum Skeleton
  • [x] - Install CBBE
  • [x] - Install BBP
  • [x] - Install FNIS + Creature Pack (Using appropriate steps to install with Mod organizer)
  • [x] - Install Sexlab Framework 1.58b 
  • [x] - Install ZaZ Animation Pack
  • [x] - Install Match Maker
  • [x] - Install Submit
  • [x] - Install SOS
  • [x] - Install Brawls Bug Patch
  • [x] - Install Devious Assets
  • [x] - Install Devius Integration
  • [x] - Install Devious Expansions
  • [x] - Install Sexlab Aroused
  • [x] - Install SkyUI
  • [x] - Install Alternative Live Another Life
  • {x} - Run LOOT to organise Load Order
  • {x} - Run as Admin FNIS install creature and skeleton arm fix
  • {x} - Disable Ragdoll in MCM Sexlab Framework, Set Creature Animations & Creature Support (Screenshots Provided)
  • {x} - Activate Creature Support in both MCM menus
  • {x} - Turn of PC is Robbed in MCM Submit

Load order Generated by LOOT

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(5) HearthFires.esm
(7) Dragonborn.esm
(9) SexLab.esm
(10) Devious Devices - Assets.esm
(11) Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
(12) SexLabAroused.esm
(13) ZaZAnimationPack.esm
(14) Devious Devices - Integration.esm
(15) Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
(16) HighResTexturePack01.esp
(17) HighResTexturePack02.esp
(18) HighResTexturePack03.esp
(19) Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
(20) SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
(21) Devious Deviants.esp
(22) SexLab Submit.esp
(23) Brawl Bugs CE.esp
(24) SOS - Dragonborn Armors.esp
(25) SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
(26) SexLabMatchMaker.esp
(27) SOS - Dawnguard Armors.esp
(28) SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
(29) Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
(30) SkyUI.esp
(31) dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
(32) Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

After an hour of testing, I have mixed results...

• It appears I can no longer replicate the CTD, it can be concluded that the CTD problem is FIXED
  • Normal Human NPC's appear to work, apart from this one time by a guard who wanted me to pay for my crimes to skyrim, manual or auto submit works, but no animations are initiated and he walks away - after that error, any animations engaged by other NPC's, or creatures (Spider I tested on) seem to just freeze the PC in a standing animation when in act, with the NPC doing their animations.
  • Finally, creature submit - upon several tests, auto/manual submitting to spiders appears to work most of the time - with occasional not accepting surrender...
  • Wolfs - after several tries of manual and auto submit, would only accept once or twice out of the 15+ times I tested by reloading and so forth.

(The submitted papyrus log is of a play-through where all these problems occurred.)

I have provided THOROUGH Screenshot evidence that I recommend anyone to view to see my MCM set-up, and key installation procedures. The Screenshots shows clearly creatures working and failing to work!

Failure and success for creatures was achieved by reloading saves to earlier time or creating a new game with exact MCM settings, however I could not determine why creatures work sometimes and not all the time - once they break in the play-through, they break permanently!

In conclusion - The Submit Mod appears to work whenever it feels like it, no CTD, but unreliable as it can break surrendering not just to creatures, but also humans...

[it appears we are getting somewhere, hopefully my check-list helps anyone who is having the same issue, but it appears unreliable as proved in the screenshots!]

post-485565-0-89591200-1405007667_thumb.png

post-485565-0-52920300-1405007669_thumb.png

post-485565-0-33329600-1405007670_thumb.png

post-485565-0-00100600-1405008193_thumb.png

post-485565-0-74505500-1405008229_thumb.png

post-485565-0-70200900-1405008270_thumb.png

post-485565-0-13636600-1405008311_thumb.png

post-485565-0-46510800-1405008339_thumb.png

post-485565-0-33327100-1405008364_thumb.png

post-485565-0-88905400-1405008392_thumb.png

post-485565-0-70943800-1405008419_thumb.png

Couple of notes:

#2 (guard stopping sex) - Not sure if you were saying that the guard stopping the act was a bug, but that is supposed to happen).  After the guard stopping the sex, then trying to initaite another act and the PC just "stands there" for the following acts, did you try hitting the '[' key during the next sex act?  This is the key forcing the actors into the animation (this is in the SL hotkey setup)Also, did you try stopping all animations with SL option?  I can't remember the name, but it should be in the "Rebuild" section of the SL MCM.  It basically stops all SL animations currently running and resets them (this is not the complete rebuild, it strictly stops any currently running animations).  It's possible that the player till has the behavior attached and needs to be cleared.

#3 & #4 - remember there is a cap on the chance for success (90% I believe) and it's possible that you just keep failing on the chance.  The random number generation in papyrus (and whatever FONV used) are a complete joke.  You'll see nearly the same value for a "random" number return continously for numerous tries.  I know with NPC seduction/submission in Submit dk shows the numbers generated in the top left.  Since I don't use PC submit I don't know if he provides those numbers in the top left, but if he does, watch those values.

One thing to remember is that the player submit portion was added on by dk due to pressure from the adoring public.  It wan't his original intention to include it with submit; submit was to be a mod for a PC to seduce or rape NPCs.  He has stated numerous time that he actually never really uses it himself in his own playthroughs (he normally plays males characters).  In fact the last update was specifically done to add an option to avoid the rape part when submitting, just be robbed.  This was done because he was doing a playthrough where he was specifically using player submit.  Not saying any problems with Player submit won't (and shouldn't) be fixed by dk when he returns for his monthly (or so) visit, just remember it's not a major priority for his personal gameplay, which is what he made this mod for...HIS gameplay.

Couple of notes:

#2 (guard stopping sex) - Not sure if you were saying that the guard stopping the act was a bug, but that is supposed to happen).  After the guard stopping the sex, then trying to initaite another act and the PC just "stands there" for the following acts, did you try hitting the '[' key during the next sex act?  This is the key forcing the actors into the animation (this is in the SL hotkey setup)Also, did you try stopping all animations with SL option?  I can't remember the name, but it should be in the "Rebuild" section of the SL MCM.  It basically stops all SL animations currently running and resets them (this is not the complete rebuild, it strictly stops any currently running animations).  It's possible that the player till has the behavior attached and needs to be cleared.

#3 & #4 - remember there is a cap on the chance for success (90% I believe) and it's possible that you just keep failing on the chance.  The random number generation in papyrus (and whatever FONV used) are a complete joke.  You'll see nearly the same value for a "random" number return continously for numerous tries.  I know with NPC seduction/submission in Submit dk shows the numbers generated in the top left.  Since I don't use PC submit I don't know if he provides those numbers in the top left, but if he does, watch those values.

One thing to remember is that the player submit portion was added on by dk due to pressure from the adoring public.  It wan't his original intention to include it with submit; submit was to be a mod for a PC to seduce or rape NPCs.  He has stated numerous time that he actually never really uses it himself in his own playthroughs (he normally plays males characters).  In fact the last update was specifically done to add an option to avoid the rape part when submitting, just be robbed.  This was done because he was doing a playthrough where he was specifically using player submit.  Not saying any problems with Player submit won't (and shouldn't) be fixed by dk when he returns for his monthly (or so) visit, just remember it's not a major priority for his personal gameplay, which is what he made this mod for...HIS gameplay.

I see, I was not aware of the 90% cap success rate, I must be very unlucky then.  :s 

It makes more sense to know that this feature was a secondary afterthought, after doing some thinking of my own, I have decided to switch to Sexlab Defeat, for the Add Quest on player theft, and the wonderful Death Alternative support recently added into the mod.

I did a little bit more testing, and nothing too crazy has happened, no CTD's or crazy bugs - ones that occur are fixed by resetting current animations, and just going to a different area of the world.

Hopefully anyone having issues sees the recent posts and follows to get their stuff working, but I will probably switch to Defeat, will make my mind up in the coming days. Thanks to everyone who helped out, I'm sure it has helped out others, I will repay back with some helpful contributions to members were getting terrible problems like I did before.

If I remember correctly, Defeat was reverse designed from Submit:  player submission (hence the name "Defeat") was the priority and NPC submission to the PC was secondary.  I may be wrong on that.  I don't use Defeat myself (like dk, I tend to play male characters, and getting gang-raped by a bunch of male bandit just isn't on the agenda for me :P ).  You can use both Submit and Defeat together - somewhere in the posts here someone has posted the best settings for getting the best out of both.

Holy headache!

All these colors and capslocks.

Sorry about that, I just couldn't help myself ;) .

If your going to use mods like Submit you need to realize that mod manager like Nexus Mod Manager is piss poor.  I've never had a real good experience with it, there were times when it would leave behind assets when it said they were removed.  The other core problem for a while with it was that when you added mods that changed the same stuff and then removed a mod well you just removed important assets to a mod you left in your LO.

If your going to mod you need Mod Organizer.

If your going to mod a lot of stuff in you gotta tweak the game out to handle script heavy Load Orders.  Script Lag can cause issues.  Its not always easy to recognize a script lag issue but they come up and strike more than you'd think.

Manuel Install is also not a good idea either.

USE MO, this way you know exactly whats being overwritten by mods, no assets are ever truly overwritten/destroyed.

I'll address 2 things that you said:

there were times when it would leave behind assets when it said they were removed.

The only, and I mean ONLY time I have ever seen this is with something that was generated not due to an actual mod.  For example, when running the FNIS generator, it generates a mt_behaviour file.  Since this file was not added by NMM at the time FNIS was installed by NMM, it has no knowledge that the file exists, and therefore when removing FNIS through NMM, NMM doesn't know to remove it.  However, this would actually be solved if Fore included an empty mt_behaviour file in the location with the FNIS installer, then NMM would remove automatically.  Another example are the logs generated by HDT and the ini created by Fuz Ro D-oh.  Since these were generated outside of NMM, NMM can't know to remove them.  Again, if the author included empty versions of these files with the installer, then NMM would know about them and clean them.  As it is, it's really nor a major issue to clean them yourself.  Hell, of the examples I gave, only 1 actually causes an issue when uninstalling (the mt_ file from FNIS) and since everybody should be reading the documentation on the FNIS page of Nexus, then everyone should know to how to remove it.  Or don't remove FNIS.  Simple.  Of course there are probably other examples where the leavings can cause issues...

The other core problem for a while with it was that when you added mods that changed the same stuff and then removed a mod well you just removed important assets to a mod you left in your LO.

And that is not the case anymore and hasn't been a problem since I've been using NMM for the last 2+ years.  Maybe it was a problem before then, but not now.  Install a mod through NMM that installs a green texure for all horses.  Then install a mod through NMM that installs a red texture for all horses.  If you then delete the red texture mod through NMM, your horses will revert to the green texture that was previously installed. And this works the other way as well.  If you installed the green, then the red texture mod, then decide to delete the green texture mod, you will still have the red texture because that was the last one installed by NMM.

Again, do not get me wrong.  MO is a fantastically useful tool for modders.  Even though I still use NMM, I always recommed people use MO.  I have my ways (hey, I'm an old fart, so get off my lawn :@ ) and have a rhythm using NMM.  At some point (especially if get back to actually working on mods) I'll definitely spend the time learn MO.  My original point was this:  the problem Synexs was seeing had absolutely nothing to do with NMM vs MO, so telling him to switch was totally useless and adds another layer of things he'd have to go through to find the problem.  By the way, if you look at Submit's download, there is only an esp and a bsa.  No loose files to get lost or "forgotten" to install by NMM.  If NMM "forgets" to install a bsa, then that would be bad by ANY stretch of the imagination.  And again, never seen it happen in 2+ years with NMM (loose files or bsa files or esm or esp files).

When you disabled then enabled Submit, are you talking about through a mod manager, or through Submit's MCM?  Disabling through a mod manager may have some unintended consequences (baaaddd juju).  If disabled through the MCM for Submit, it should not be a problem, but you may have to reset some of the settings you had.  One thing specifically to check is the sexuality setting.  By default it is set to hetero, so if you are playing a female character and approaching female NPCs, you will not see the dialog by default.  Change it to homosexual or bisexual.  Also, double check to make sure the mod is actually turned on (checkbox on the top right of the MCM settings, I believe).  You can also uncheck, then recheck that checkbox and it should reset Submit the settings in game (for example, I had it set for hetero, but the dialog was showing up for both genders, and toggling that checkbox in the MCM reset it).

there were times when it would leave behind assets when it said they were removed.

The only, and I mean ONLY time I have ever seen this is with something that was generated not due to an actual mod.  For example, when running the FNIS generator, it generates a mt_behaviour file.  Since this file was not added by NMM at the time FNIS was installed by NMM, it has no knowledge that the file exists, and therefore when removing FNIS through NMM, NMM doesn't know to remove it.  However, this would actually be solved if Fore included an empty mt_behaviour file in the location with the FNIS installer, then NMM would remove automatically.  Another example are the logs generated by HDT and the ini created by Fuz Ro D-oh.  Since these were generated outside of NMM, NMM can't know to remove them.  Again, if the author included empty versions of these files with the installer, then NMM would know about them and clean them.  As it is, it's really nor a major issue to clean them yourself.  Hell, of the examples I gave, only 1 actually causes an issue when uninstalling (the mt_ file from FNIS) and since everybody should be reading the documentation on the FNIS page of Nexus, then everyone should know to how to remove it.  Or don't remove FNIS.  Simple.  Of course there are probably other examples where the leavings can cause issues...

The other core problem for a while with it was that when you added mods that changed the same stuff and then removed a mod well you just removed important assets to a mod you left in your LO.

And that is not the case anymore and hasn't been a problem since I've been using NMM for the last 2+ years.  Maybe it was a problem before then, but not now.  Install a mod through NMM that installs a green texure for all horses.  Then install a mod through NMM that installs a red texture for all horses.  If you then delete the red texture mod through NMM, your horses will revert to the green texture that was previously installed. And this works the other way as well.  If you installed the green, then the red texture mod, then decide to delete the green texture mod, you will still have the red texture because that was the last one installed by NMM.

Again, do not get me wrong.  MO is a fantastically useful tool for modders.  Even though I still use NMM, I always recommed people use MO.  I have my ways (hey, I'm an old fart, so get off my lawn :@ ) and have a rhythm using NMM.  At some point (especially if get back to actually working on mods) I'll definitely spend the time learn MO.  My original point was this:  the problem Synexs was seeing had absolutely nothing to do with NMM vs MO, so telling him to switch was totally useless and adds another layer of things he'd have to go through to find the problem.  By the way, if you look at Submit's download, there is only an esp and a bsa.  No loose files to get lost or "forgotten" to install by NMM.  If NMM "forgets" to install a bsa, then that would be bad by ANY stretch of the imagination.  And again, never seen it happen in 2+ years with NMM (loose files or bsa files or esm or esp files).

Never understood all the NMM hate myself either as its worked fine for me for a year and a bit (other than the occasional problem adding a mod to the list for installation which closing and opening again has always fixed).

As its still under development and it has fulfilled my needs I've stuck with it (dont fix what's not broken)

Synexz potentially silly question but on the new submit option (its on the bottom on the left) do you have that ticked on or off? (can't remember the exact wording used for it but its whether the player is raped on submit or not)

Its this one

22JUN14 0049

• Added - Option to disable the player from being raped if they surrender. This allows a death-less alternative to simply reloading upon losing, including being robbed of gear, but without the player being raped.

Never understood all the NMM hate myself either as its worked fine for me for a year and a bit (other than the occasional problem adding a mod to the list for installation which closing and opening again has always fixed).

As its still under development and it has fulfilled my needs I've stuck with it (dont fix what's not broken)

Synexz potentially silly question but on the new submit option (its on the bottom on the left) do you have that ticked on or off? (can't remember the exact wording used for it but its whether the player is raped on submit or not)

Its this one

22JUN14 0049

• Added - Option to disable the player from being raped if they surrender. This allows a death-less alternative to simply reloading upon losing, including being robbed of gear, but without the player being raped.

I always made sure it was on, in fact, you can check that on one of the screenshots I provided

(I have re-attached it on this post)

As for getting Submit Defeat to work together - that must be some accomplishment, I have done some brief searching but I didn't find much. If anyone could point to the right page of this topic as to roughly where this was mentioned, would be of value to a lot of people. 

post-485565-0-88129000-1405032527_thumb.png

hello, love the mod

today i had to disable it for a bit and now that I have it enabled I don't have any of the dialogue I used to have for this mod, so i can't approach npcs and bribe or threaten them

any ideas?

im so sorry, i figured out my issue, it was just me being stupid and forgot to change the sexual preference settings!

I really wish people would stop disseminating false information.  NMM or MO doesn't matter - NMM installs sexlab mods perfectly fine unless the zipped file is packaged incorrectly, meaning not in the standard game folder structure folder structure, or with a badly designed installer.  I have never had any issue installing any of LL mods for FONV or Skyrim using NMM.  That includes Submit, and I have never had crashing.  To note, I have set NMM to always run as administrator, so maybe that's why I don't have an issue.  That being said, I do suggest getting MO as soon as possible and learning it's intricate abilities.  It can be a very useful tool especially if you like having multiple characters that you swap between or like having different setups for different type of characters (thief setup using X mods, while a mage build uses Y mods).  And if you want to eventually write mods, it is useful to have a test bed setup and a live game setup.  It has a steeper learning curve than using NMM or Wrye Bash (Smash/Whatever they are actually calling it).  That being said, never use ANY mod manager to install SKSE.  Frankly I wouldn't even use their installer.  Manually install SKSE like DMan said.  And also make sure that you are launching the game through the SKSE_Loader (or what the exact name is), NOT through steam or the TESV.exe directly.

The crash appears to be happening either when the looting occurs, or just after looting when the binding happens.  Like others have mentioned, change some of the settings like PC looting, and see if that helps.  Not sure if there is an option to disable the binding part, but if there is, disable that as well and see.  I hate to ask this, but have you tried refreshing the cache through steam? Do that then try again (if you cleaned the DLC with TesVEdit, you'll need to clean them again after refeshing the cache).

It wasn't false. if it was like that you would not have so many threads clugging the forum with so many problems installing mods. you said it yourself the structure should be pointing correctly or else NMM would not install the mod right MO at least warns the user the folder structure is not set correctly. Many mods people download from nexus are packed wrongly people just dump the file in NMM and expect the tool do it's job right witch is not happening. the they start threads about how the mods are not working right.

That was the reason i was saying it will be better to switch to MO to prevent this.

Also MO does not force you to turn off your firewall if you want to download something,so it will be win win for everyone. You can't be too careful now with viruses spread at nexus.

First of all, let me be very clear.  I do recommend that people use MO :heart: .  I have never once said people shouldn't use it. 

I will give you 1 point:  if MO tells you the folder structure is incorrect, then that is a nice feature.  But then that means that the zipped folder structure must be "correct" for MO to install it as well.  So my point is still valid, as long as the folder structure is correct, NMM works perfectly fine.  Yes it would be nice if NMM would say "your folder structure is crap and we cannot install", but then personally I don't need someone holding my hand to install mods.

Many mods people download from nexus are packed wrongly

As for most mods from Nexus packaged "wrongly", I have yet to download ANYTHING from Nexus for Skyrim that was packaged wrong (barring actual cock-ups by the mod developer - misspelled file/folder names beyond the base folders in the Data folder, etc).  The only exception may be those from mod developers who refuse to "package for NMM" and say to manually download and install.  And yet even those mods are usually zipped in the correct structure as well (at least I have never run into a "bad" one).  Now if you are talking Oblivion mods (or FO3/FONV), I have run into more of those (especially Oblivion mods - well, pretty much ALL of them for Oblivion) that were packaged "incorrectly"  (to be fair, a lot of those were created before mod managers were common and the best way to install was manually).  But 30 seconds of rearranging allowed me to organize it for NMM install (and that would apply to MO as well).  When I first started modding 2+ years ago (late to the party), I actually started modding Oblivion first, and I learned to always check the downloaded zip file and verify what was in there and rearrange as necessary.  And frankly anyone not opening their downloaded zipped files and checking them out before installing is asking for trouble regardless of which mod manager they use (NMM, MO, or WB ... or FredsModManager).  I have stated before that no one should be allowed to mod any game until they spend time modding Oblivion, that way they can learn (the hard way) how to check their downloads... :lol:

Again, I am not denigrating MO at all, I always recommend it to people :heart: .  But MO has it own issues - for example, how about some of the shenanigans people have to go through to get FNIS working.  I see forum posts all the time from people who can't get FNIS (or some other "non-mod" mods) working with MO.  Does that mean that MO is wrong and shouldn't be used?  No, it doesn't.  MO is not more error/trouble free than NMM; it has it's own issues.  But again, it's a good product, it has tremendous merits, and I do recommend it to people :heart: .  The point I am trying to make is this:  Saying NMM is the CAUSE of problems people have with mods is bullshit because the problem is almost always due the mod developer doing something wrong - either bugs or bad packaging.  And no matter how much error-checking there is in MO, there will always be that mod developer who will find a ways to screw something up that MO can't account for. 

Serious question:  I haven't looked at MO in a while - does MO have a bashed patch capability like Wrye?  Or do you still need WB to create a bashed patch?

1 thing I want to note as well, I have asked some of the green gurus here (that don't recommend NMM) what were the technical reasons for the NMM hatred (in other words, not the "I hate Nexus and anything associated to it" answer, but actual technical reasons).  The one and only clear answer I could get was that "sometimes" it didn't install everything for a mod.  Again, never seen that myself (everything in the package installed where it should have), but I also never got a clear answer as to what versions of NMM were being used when seeing this.  Again, I've been using since 15+ beta (about 2.5+ years ago) and had no major problems (check that - other than that 1 really stupid feature to not copy txt files that defaulted on rather than off that putzed FNIS, but they corrected that one pretty quick), and I used it to install Oblivion (including LPK mods from here), FO3, FONV (including Sexout mods from here), and Skyrim (and the pre-SexLab and post-SexLab mods from here).  And again, never any issue that was directly caused by installing through NMM.

Also MO does not force you to turn off your firewall if you want to download something,so it will be win win for everyone. You can't be too careful now with viruses spread at nexus.

I'll check at home, but I don't think my firewall is turned off and I am using NMM from home.  I can double-check that.  Or they can manually download and the add the downloaded file through NMM.  As for "the viruses spread at nexus", the person doing that needs to be strung up by the tackle.  And also anyone not running a damned (good) virus checker should be strung up right next to them.  Also, anyone not looking at the downloaded zip file (as I stated above) before installing (whether or not they are using MO) should be flogged (lightly, ;) ).

And if this discussion needs to be continued (which I don't think it does) it should be in it's own thread since this has gone outside the scope of Submit.

Massive snipping to respond to a couple of points

First of all, let me be very clear.  I do recommend that people use MO :heart: .  I have never once said people shouldn't use it. 

I will give you 1 point:  if MO tells you the folder structure is incorrect, then that is a nice feature.  But then that means that the zipped folder structure must be "correct" for MO to install it as well.  So my point is still valid, as long as the folder structure is correct, NMM works perfectly fine.  Yes it would be nice if NMM would say "your folder structure is crap and we cannot install", but then personally I don't need someone holding my hand to install mods.

Oh, MO is better than that. It not only tells you the structure is incorrect, it gives you the tools to fix the issue then and there. For example, if the zip file structure is ModName/Data rather than simply data, it is just a couple of clicks to confirm that it should use that data directory one level in. If the issue is that you just got a couple of script files or textures or something that belong a couple levels in, you can instantly create the parent directories with a couple of clicks. And if it is just a case that the mod is just so unusual that MO fails to verify it is correct (for example installing BodySlide) you just click the button to override the warning and install. In short, if you cannot install a mod through MO, you aren't going to be able to do it manually either. :)

As for most mods from Nexus packaged "wrongly", I have yet to download ANYTHING from Nexus for Skyrim that was packaged wrong (barring actual cock-ups by the mod developer - misspelled file/folder names beyond the base folders in the Data folder, etc).  The only exception may be those from mod developers who refuse to "package for NMM" and say to manually download and install.  And yet even those mods are usually zipped in the correct structure as well (at least I have never run into a "bad" one).

I have ... was just a simple script file. Manual download only, and the Nexus page told you what directory to stick it in. So no problem with MO once I actually read the manual install instructions and then installed via MO simply as mentioned above.

Serious question:  I haven't looked at MO in a while - does MO have a bashed patch capability like Wrye?  Or do you still need WB to create a bashed patch?

It still requires running WB as an external program, just like FNIS. Just need a little discipline with grabbing the output of every external program and moving it to its own "mod" every time you run the program, and MO will help keep everything nice and organized. MO is a high power tool, a bit more of a learning curve than NMM, but provides more in return.

Now after all that love for MO, my standard recommendation to NMM users is keep with NMM until you run into enough trouble that you are considering a clean install of Skyrim. Make the jump to MO as part of the clean install. Once you have MO, returning to a clean install is as easy as unchecking all your mods. (or just running Skyrim from outside MO). Granted that still doesn't clean out SKSE or any ENB you have installed (or anything else that lives outside of /Data).

Oh, MO is better than that. It not only tells you the structure is incorrect, it gives you the tools to fix the issue then and there. For example, if the zip file structure is ModName/Data rather than simply data, it is just a couple of clicks to confirm that it should use that data directory one level in. If the issue is that you just got a couple of script files or textures or something that belong a couple levels in, you can instantly create the parent directories with a couple of clicks. And if it is just a case that the mod is just so unusual that MO fails to verify it is correct (for example installing BodySlide) you just click the button to override the warning and install. In short, if you cannot install a mod through MO, you aren't going to be able to do it manually either. :)

So you're saying that MO will tell you something's not right, then give you an interface to move things around.  Something which can be accomplished by simply unzipping the downloaded file and looking yourself :P

"For example, if the zip file structure is ModName/Data rather than simply data, it is just a couple of clicks to confirm that it should use that data directory one level in." - NMM will simply ignore extra folder levels until it gets down to the 'data' folder.  No need to "confirm" anything.  You could a folder structure of 'aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/eee/data' and NMM will ignore the extra layers and install from the 'data' folder.  Also, if there is no 'data' folder, it starts at the root of the zip.  However, AGAIN I say that NMM having a warning saying somethings not quite right and displaying the info would be helpful.

"If the issue is that you just got a couple of script files or textures or something that belong a couple levels in, you can instantly create the parent directories with a couple of clicks." - Does MO tell you what folders to create and where they SHOULD go?  So you are rebuilding it manually yourself, just using MO interface rather than doing it on disk. 

"And if it is just a case that the mod is just so unusual that MO fails to verify it is correct (for example installing BodySlide) you just click the button to override the warning and install." - So it could be so fucked up that MO doesn't know what to do with it, and then lets you install it anyway.  So technically you could end up in the exact same situation that you would have in NMM - a mod so fucked in it's structure that it causes issues in your game.  Again, the ability to view the structure would be nice in NMM. 

One issue that might really mess things up for NMM  is if someone did something screwy like put the 'modname/data/' structure at the root level of the zip, then put the 'meshes','textures', 'sounds', etc at the root level as well (again, a total packaging fuck up) rather than in the 'data' folder.  I think I'll test this when I get home and see how NMM handles that...

And I will say it one last time.  It would benefit NMM to have an interface to view the folder structure before installing, or at least something that comes up and "somethings amiss" with the structure.  But since I always check the downloaded mod, for me it's unnecessary.

I have ... was just a simple script file. Manual download only, and the Nexus page told you what directory to stick it in. So no problem with MO once I actually read the manual install instructions and then installed via MO simply as mentioned above.

Covered:  From my post - "The only exception may be those from mod developers who refuse to "package for NMM" and say to manually download and install."  All the mod dev had to do was zip up the file in a scripts folder ('scripts/script.pex') and boom...instant NMM (and MO and WB) compatibility...  Frankly I consider that laziness on the part of the mod developer...

It still requires running WB as an external program, just like FNIS. Just need a little discipline with grabbing the output of every external program and moving it to its own "mod" every time you run the program, and MO will help keep everything nice and organized.

Or just run WB as normal without having to go through shenanigans of "need a little discipline with grabbing all the output..." when using NMM to install your mods :lol: .  Which sounds simpler for the common user? ;)   This and "running WB as an external program just like FNIS" really doesn't inspire me with confidence considering the number of "I can't run FNIS from MO" threads I see here on LL, plus the ones on the FNIS page on Nexus.  Usually from people who haven't read the information properly, but still... ;)

MO is a high power tool, a bit more of a learning curve than NMM, but provides more in return.

Yep, said that...

Now after all that love for MO, my standard recommendation to NMM users is keep with NMM until you run into enough trouble that you are considering a clean install of Skyrim. Make the jump to MO as part of the clean install. Once you have MO, returning to a clean install is as easy as unchecking all your mods. (or just running Skyrim from outside MO). Granted that still doesn't clean out SKSE or any ENB you have installed (or anything else that lives outside of /Data).

There is no way in HELL I would switch mid game from one to the other.  Same rule for switching from BOSS to LOOT.  If it works, leave it alone mid-game.  If something is so messed up in your game that you think switching to MO and/or LOOT will fix it, start a new damn game (and convert to MO and LOOT then).  Anyway, I'll sum it up this way...

NMM good, WB better (mainly for the bash patch), MO even better (especially for the ability to have multiple setups, really useful for mod developers), however none are perfect...

Again, this has been fun and all, but let's return the thread to it's original purpose:  Submit

Huh.

And all this time, I just manually download all mods, unzip them manually with 7z into my Skyrim/data folder, and don't think anything on it.

I only use NMM after that to shuffle the mod higher/lower in the load order if I need to, because the standard Bethesda mod shuffle utility is kinda crap.

As for getting Submit Defeat to work together - that must be some accomplishment, I have done some brief searching but I didn't find much. If anyone could point to the right page of this topic as to roughly where this was mentioned, would be of value to a lot of people. 

I've seen it mentioned a few times, both in this thread (I think) and ones dealing with Defeat (maybe). Basically, when using both mods, make sure that any activity you want one to perform is completely disabled in the other (so the scripts don't conflict).

In other words, they don't actually work together. When they are properly configured, they will stand next to each other, doing their own thing, and tolerate each others presence... only rarely stabbing each other in the back.

Huh.

And all this time, I just manually download all mods, unzip them manually with 7z into my Skyrim/data folder, and don't think anything on it.

I only use NMM after that to shuffle the mod higher/lower in the load order if I need to, because the standard Bethesda mod shuffle utility is kinda crap.

oooohhhh... that gave me a good laugh....!