Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

when will we be seeing the dovahteens return?

Given the site's newly updated rules, I'm not so sure it will. I haven't really thought about it much. Dovahteens was a lot of work, built almost entirely with BodySlide meshes. After my issues with the Nextard staff, LL became the new home of all my mods. Perhaps at some point I'll discuss it with Ashal. But for now, I have a ton of other stuff to finish/update.

Greedy as it sounds, will the unicorn, or any future races, be bodyslide compatible? I rather enjoy wearing certain gloves and armor types ("armor" being a very loose term), but without bodyslide said gloves clip through arms, and all sorts of weird shenanigans happen with any other gear. If not, that's ok too, just a little request.

Not likely. At least for the hooved races. At some point I'll be adding a replacer folder system for all of the non-hooved bodies in TCRA, so users can easily swap in their preferred body shape.

@Trykz Have you tried to make a race with tentacle legs? I was going to try it with a race I am working on, but not sure if it's do-able.

I don't create my own meshes. I CAN however, turn ANY existing functional mesh into a fully functional race  ;)

That said, I've been considering contacting dogtown1 (the author of SkyMoMod) about acquiring permission to turn a few of his monster meshes into playable races.

They work very nicely because they all use existing Skyrim animations  :D

Trykz

This may have already been covered. But the Dwem Fatale seems to have 1 bug. If you change to your true form all is fine.  but if you change back CTD.  i have checked your load orders and everything already to make sure those are correct. TCRA first in load order and other races below it.

This may have already been covered. But the Dwem Fatale seems to have 1 bug. If you change to your true form all is fine.  but if you change back CTD.  i have checked your load orders and everything already to make sure those are correct. TCRA first in load order and other races below it.

I had a similar issue when godmode was turned on. It seemed to happen when I used the ability before the spell expired. Only happened once though.

when will we be seeing the dovahteens return?

Given the site's newly updated rules, I'm not so sure it will. I haven't really thought about it much. Dovahteens was a lot of work, built almost entirely with BodySlide meshes. After my issues with the Nextard staff, LL became the new home of all my mods. Perhaps at some point I'll discuss it with Ashal. But for now, I have a ton of other stuff to finish/update.

Greedy as it sounds, will the unicorn, or any future races, be bodyslide compatible? I rather enjoy wearing certain gloves and armor types ("armor" being a very loose term), but without bodyslide said gloves clip through arms, and all sorts of weird shenanigans happen with any other gear. If not, that's ok too, just a little request.

Not likely. At least for the hooved races. At some point I'll be adding a replacer folder system for all of the non-hooved bodies in TCRA, so users can easily swap in their preferred body shape.

@Trykz Have you tried to make a race with tentacle legs? I was going to try it with a race I am working on, but not sure if it's do-able.

I don't create my own meshes. I CAN however, turn ANY existing functional mesh into a fully functional race  ;)

That said, I've been considering contacting dogtown1 (the author of SkyMoMod) about acquiring permission to turn a few of his monster meshes into playable races.

They work very nicely because they all use existing Skyrim animations  :D

Trykz

I was kind of hoping the Dovateens would be about 18 or 19 in age and not look like they are 12. I don't think I've ever seen any concept for them but looking older than Monli would be nice. 

If all you need are the meshes, you could look at Dragonborn's files for the tentacles in Apocrypha. I have used them in a couple mods to add creepiness to an area but a race based off that would be amazing. I'm lightyears away from effectively making it. If you decide at some point to make something like that, I could make a very good back story for them.

If it's a bug, it's something in either your Data folder, or a condition in the game. As xenic stated, he had a similar issue with god mode active. Cyborg Form is a combination Spell/Script effect. Which god mode will certainly attempt to block. God mode blocks ANY effect to the character, disallowing any changes of any kind.

If the issue persists, I may need you to post your load order to look for conflicts.

Trykz

I was kind of hoping the Dovateens would be about 18 or 19 in age and not look like they are 12. I don't think I've ever seen any concept for them but looking older than Monli would be nice. 

If all you need are the meshes, you could look at Dragonborn's files for the tentacles in Apocrypha. I have used them in a couple mods to add creepiness to an area but a race based off that would be amazing. I'm lightyears away from effectively making it. If you decide at some point to make something like that, I could make a very good back story for them.

I can "say" they're any age. That isn't what's important to the site staff though. It's all in how they "appear" (and rightfully so IMHO).

When I get caught up some, I'll run it by Ashal and see what he thinks. But if I need to make changes to them, I'll likely just shelf them for good. I'm satisfied with how they look, they already have custom armors made specifically for their body types, and I don't want them to change in any way physically. And I don't relish the thought of re-doing all that work. So we'll see.

Trykz

It only happenens when i exit the form.. which is wierd . I have a succubus mod when i change forms and  it has zero issues This one i can playall day if i change into borg mode   but once i leave CTD. I have a pretty heavily modded game to be honest but ill post the order if that helps.

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
SPERG.esm=1
3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
MFVM.esm=1
RCOTS-RACES.esm=1
TCRA.esm=1
SprigganQueen.esm=1
Valkyrie.esm=1
Faun.esm=1
Chocolate Elves.esm=1
MoonshadowElves.esm=1
KerranSha'rr.esm=1
Demoness.esm=1
DwemFatale.esm=1
Guardians.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
7B Leather Clothes.esp=1
BlackWisteria.esp=1
BnS Scorpion Set.esp=1
Darklilith.esp=1
selobl_DarkLillith.esp=1
Hentai_mixed_Armor.esp=1
HentaiSuccubusArmor.esp=1
Huntress.esp=1
lilithseviscerator.esp=1
lilithssickle.esp=1
MinaArmors.esp=1
NewmGlassRobe.esp=1
NewmillerSuccubusBikini.esp=1
NewmillerSuccubusBoots.esp=0
NewVampChainsCuirass.esp=1
NiaOutfitBBP.esp=1
nightshade_armor.esp=1
Northgirl.esp=1
R18Pn - Diano Armor.esp=1
rosarmor.esp=1
SVS LadyTemplar.esp=1
ThunderBirdArmor.esp=1
ViceroyInquisitor.esp=1
WestWindAssault.esp=1
WestWindMisfit.esp=1
Witch Elf Armour.esp=1
easymine.esp=1
SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp=1
SexLab Romance.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
SPERG.esp=1
SPERG-DG.esp=1
SPERG-DB.esp=1
SPERG Weapon Styles.esp=1
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp=1
Lovergirl Race.esp=1
TemptressVixen.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
Ysolda.esp=1
Lich King's Armor.esp=1
Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp=1
Dovahkiin Mercenary Armor and Weapons CBBE.esp=1
Daedric Extra Armor.esp=1
AchieveThat.esp=1
3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp=1
nightshade_armor_UNPB.esp=1
Sexier Housecarls.esp=1
CamillaValerius 2.0.esp=1
TavernClothes-MTM.esp=1
TERAArmors.esp=1
OrientalRace.esp=1
Witch Of The Wild.esp=1
I Love Cleavage 7B.esp=1
Nocturnal.esp=1
RayyaMakeOver.esp=1
SuccubusRaceLite.esp=1
RCOTS-ApachiiHairPlugin.esp=1
RCOTS_HavokHairPatch.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
Inconsequential NPCs.esp=1
RCOTS-Followers.esp=1
RCOTS-FriendChildren.esp=1
RCOTS-HostilesNPC.esp=1
HDT Havok Object.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp=1
MashupUNP.esp=1
ZazimelDrow.esp=1
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=1

It only happenens when i exit the form.. which is wierd . I have a succubus mod when i change forms and  it has zero issues This one i can playall day if i change into borg mode   but once i leave CTD. I have a pretty heavily modded game to be honest but ill post the order if that helps.

RCOTS-RACES.esm

That one and similar gave me all kinds of hell with these races. Also make sure you fully install the XP32 skeleton, let it overwrite anything it wants to. That solved about 80% of all my problems.

OK, the skeleton did fix the wings, although I would still like to know how to go wingless for the Demoness and Valkyrie like you did in your pics. As for the Spriggan Queen leaf effect on everyone, it's still with them even after moving her to the top of the list, but that's no biggie...it's a little odd but actually kind of cool. :)

Oh, and the Dwem Fatale is awesome, btw...Dwem Fatale + Dwarven crossbow/assault mod = very good times, indeed. Any chance you might Dwem up any of the other races? Dwem Orc or Dark Elf, anyone?

The Demoness uses a "ring of concealment" which hides the wings and tail. I don't recall making it craftable, so you might need to use the console to get it.

The leaf effect is controlled by a vanilla script used by the vanilla Spriggan race. So it's likely attached into the save files of those affected characters. You could try cleaning the script from those saves if it becomes an issue you'd like to see fixed.

DwemFatale will be getting some additional content in the future, but it will come in the form of add-on ESPs so the race can remain untouched and not break anything.

------------------------------------------------------

After quite a bit of texture work (trying different things), I just can't satisfy myself with how the Unicorn race looks afterward. So I've decided that their appearance in the current screenshots will suffice for now. I still need to restructure some of it's mechanical parts so it performs better with the new TCRA (a few of the meshes got somehow reorganized), but I should be able to get that finished up for it's release sometime later this week.

Trykz

Good to hear the Unicorn race is  coming along...with the Faun done and Unicorn on the way, maybe a female Minotaur race coming might be possible? Oh yeah, BTW...could you (or anyone) tell me how to get the Ring of Concealment with the console? Player.AddItem (ID) (#)...what's the ID code?

Good to hear the Unicorn race is  coming along...with the Faun done and Unicorn on the way, maybe a female Minotaur race coming might be possible? Oh yeah, BTW...could you (or anyone) tell me how to get the Ring of Concealment with the console? Player.AddItem (ID) (#)...what's the ID code?

I was under the impression that the faun would be a female minotaur race. I think there was talk of a bovine race.

Oh yeah, BTW...could you (or anyone) tell me how to get the Ring of Concealment with the console? Player.AddItem (ID) (#)...what's the ID code?

Help command helps with that ;)

type

help "ring of concealment"

into the console and you should get the item id. If you don't, search only ring.

One of the best ideas BGS had with Skyrim, expanding the help command to also search items.

Skyrim.esm=1

Update.esm=1

Dawnguard.esm=1

HearthFires.esm=1

Dragonborn.esm=1

SexLabAroused.esm=1

SPERG.esm=1

3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm=1

ApachiiHair.esm=1

SexLab.esm=1

MFVM.esm=1

RaceCompatibility.ESM   <---------------------------------- this should be here

RCOTS-RACES.esm=1

TCRA.esm=1

SprigganQueen.esm=1

Valkyrie.esm=1

Faun.esm=1

Chocolate Elves.esm=1

MoonshadowElves.esm=1

KerranSha'rr.esm=1

Demoness.esm=1

DwemFatale.esm=1

Guardians.esm=1

RaceCompatibility.esm=1 <--------------------------------- move this up to the position marked above

HighResTexturePack01.esp=1

HighResTexturePack02.esp=1

HighResTexturePack03.esp=1

LoversComfort.esp=1

SkyUI.esp=1

7B Leather Clothes.esp=1

BlackWisteria.esp=1

BnS Scorpion Set.esp=1

Darklilith.esp=1

selobl_DarkLillith.esp=1

Hentai_mixed_Armor.esp=1

HentaiSuccubusArmor.esp=1

Huntress.esp=1

lilithseviscerator.esp=1

lilithssickle.esp=1

MinaArmors.esp=1

NewmGlassRobe.esp=1

NewmillerSuccubusBikini.esp=1

NewmillerSuccubusBoots.esp=0

NewVampChainsCuirass.esp=1

NiaOutfitBBP.esp=1

nightshade_armor.esp=1

Northgirl.esp=1

R18Pn - Diano Armor.esp=1

rosarmor.esp=1

SVS LadyTemplar.esp=1

ThunderBirdArmor.esp=1

ViceroyInquisitor.esp=1

WestWindAssault.esp=1

WestWindMisfit.esp=1

Witch Elf Armour.esp=1

easymine.esp=1

SC07SexLabRandomAttack.esp=1

SexLab Romance.esp=1

FNISspells.esp=1

The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1

SPERG.esp=1

SPERG-DG.esp=1

SPERG-DB.esp=1

SPERG Weapon Styles.esp=1

TheEyesOfBeauty.esp=1

The Eyes Of Beauty - Elves Edition.esp=1

Lovergirl Race.esp=1

TemptressVixen.esp=1

UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1

Ysolda.esp=1

Lich King's Armor.esp=1

Sovngarde Steel Armor and Weapons.esp=1

Dovahkiin Mercenary Armor and Weapons CBBE.esp=1

Daedric Extra Armor.esp=1

AchieveThat.esp=1

3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp=1

nightshade_armor_UNPB.esp=1

Sexier Housecarls.esp=1

CamillaValerius 2.0.esp=1

TavernClothes-MTM.esp=1

TERAArmors.esp=1

OrientalRace.esp=1

Witch Of The Wild.esp=1

I Love Cleavage 7B.esp=1

Nocturnal.esp=1

RayyaMakeOver.esp=1

SuccubusRaceLite.esp=1

RCOTS-ApachiiHairPlugin.esp=1

RCOTS_HavokHairPatch.esp=1

3DNPC.esp=1

Inconsequential NPCs.esp=1

RCOTS-Followers.esp=1

RCOTS-FriendChildren.esp=1

RCOTS-HostilesNPC.esp=1

HDT Havok Object.esp=1

Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1

Sexy Armor Replacer Patch.esp=1

MashupUNP.esp=1

ZazimelDrow.esp=1

RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp=1

See the changes I made above. And yes, I've also heard that RCOTS creates all kinds of havoc with most other race mods (isn't this based on ygNord?). If I get time I'll look into what's causing it. Hopefully I can provide a simple fix. If not, then it's something it's author will need to rectify (should they so choose). For now, I'll just call it incompatible with my races. It may be something as simple as the RaceCompatibility version.

Trykz

Oh yeah, BTW...could you (or anyone) tell me how to get the Ring of Concealment with the console? Player.AddItem (ID) (#)...what's the ID code?

Help command helps with that ;)

type

help "ring of concealment"

into the console and you should get the item id. If you don't, search only ring.

One of the best ideas BGS had with Skyrim, expanding the help command to also search items.

That did the trick...thanks, mate! (the code is 1E00D2A4 in case anyone else was curious)

Has anyone else gotten a virus warning when unzipping the main 7z file? I did that, and all of a sudden explorer.exe was infected by a trojan. OP, you might wanna do a virus scan on that 7z file just in case.

Edit: Disregard this, it was an unrelated issue.

Has anyone else gotten a virus warning when unzipping the main 7z file? I did that, and all of a sudden explorer.exe was infected by a trojan. OP, you might wanna do a virus scan on that 7z file just in case.

To which mod are you referring?

To which mod are you referring?

The one in this topic, TCRA.

Oh my goodness.....with White Faun and Unicorn, after some texture work, we would be one step away from a My Little Pony Equetria Girls race.... I'm not a brony but that sounds like a fun mod idea.

Oh wow...I didn't even think of that. Do you even know how happy that would make the My Little Pony community? They had a field day when the mod to replace the dragons with My Little Ponies was released, so I can only imagine what a player race would do for them? :P

Uh, I'm not seeing TCRA in the download list...?

The 3 required files

Jesus, that LL/Mega integration needs work. They're not even names, just random gibberish with no filesize that still shows a wait period before download, and even a wait between different files even though it's a simple redirect...

Uh, I'm not seeing TCRA in the download list...?

The 3 required files

Jesus, that LL/Mega integration needs work. They're not even names, just random gibberish with no filesize that still shows a wait period before download, and even a wait between different files even though it's a simple redirect...

Just install the 3. Extract them together and you'll get the TCRA =)