Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

ok i have downloaded all three TCRA files but what to do with them if i try to use mod manager to open it says incomplete if i try to open in desktop same thing if i drop in my skyrim folder nothing happens ? 

Did you try combining them into one file then installing them? with 7zip you can choose to combine multi part zips into one.

ok i have downloaded all three TCRA files but what to do with them if i try to use mod manager to open it says incomplete if i try to open in desktop same thing if i drop in my skyrim folder nothing happens ? 

Did you try combining them into one file then installing them? with 7zip you can choose to combine multi part zips into one.

thanks that worked much appreciated 

Ok just a few things here.

1) how the hell have ya been ?? long time no see!

2) I like what you did with Fawns mash-up (modular armor). It makes a great deal of sense since theres no foot (hoof Armor).

3) any plans for modular armor for Unicorn..seeing as how she's a bit similar to Fawn?

4) Kudos on the hoofs many have tried but you actually did it.

and lastly

What bodies are used cbbe or unpb or a bit of both?

thanks that worked much appreciated 

Can someone tell me what mod I'd use to edit the Moonshadow Elf race with RaceMenu Is there there a Chargen file I can use? 

It already works with RaceMenu's chargen files. RaceMenu and ECE were the primary reasons I removed the standalone chargens from my races.

Ok just a few things here.

1) how the hell have ya been ?? long time no see!

2) I like what you did with Fawns mash-up (modular armor). It makes a great deal of sense since theres no foot (hoof Armor).

3) any plans for modular armor for Unicorn..seeing as how she's a bit similar to Fawn?

4) Kudos on the hoofs many have tried but you actually did it.

and lastly

What bodies are used cbbe or unpb or a bit of both?

Heya Chezza!

Not doing too bad atm. Work's picking up a bit so it's cutting into my modding time a little  :P

I do plan on getting back to making more armors for the hooved races, but it's a bit out on the horizon atm. I still need to get with b3lisario to see if he can edit the "right" bodies this time (entirely my fault for sending him the wrong meshes LOL).

The Faun race uses UNPB, and all the other use (or will use) CBBE (blabba's HDT variant).

Hope things are good with you and we get to see you around a bit more  ;)

Trykz

Ditto man...hey ive got a small ctd issue with Dwemer Cyborg...i can creater her just fine but when i pick my new life and sleep in the bed i ctd .....when i uninstall  the dwemer cyborg ..skyrim goes off without a hitch. im not sure wut the prob oculd be my load order is solid ... im up for any suggestions..i really wanna try this one.

BTW Faun is amazing and awesome!

Ditto man...hey ive got a small ctd issue with Dwemer Cyborg...i can creater her just fine but when i pick my new life and sleep in the bed i ctd .....when i uninstall  the dwemer cyborg ..skyrim goes off without a hitch. im not sure wut the prob oculd be my load order is solid ... im up for any suggestions..i really wanna try this one.

I would hold off a bit on that one.

In fact, I'd hold off on all my races for the time being. After a few mishaps (mostly involving my system hardware and OS), I've decided that all of my race mods are going to go through a complete and thorough overhaul.

So here's the plan:

First, TCRA is gone..... It was great for a while (like when Bethesda was breaking all my stuff), but now it's basically unnecessary. After stripping out all the bodies and texture sets (mostly to shrink it's hefty size), there was essentially very little left. So basically, I'm going back to my older method of building my races with nothing but Skyrim.esm, RaceCompatibility.esm, and a new (and very tiny) requirement ESM (unnamed at the moment) which holds nothing but the duplicated vanilla races I usually work with. Some Dawnguard and Dragonborn races will be among them, but neither DLC will be a requirement to use any of my race mods.

Second, head and body meshes and textures will be returned into the individual race mod's BSA. However, ALL of my races will be built using custom shaped HDT BodySlide bodies. But don't worry, I'll be including an empty set of mesh and texture folders for each mod that can be used for replacers for those who wish to swap out body types. Custom parts folders will NOT be included for replacement, as these are usually the trademark pieces that make my races what they are. To remove/replace them is to completely alter my races. In which case you might as well just RP a Nord or Breton as whatever race you want to pretend it is.

Third, this will be the FINAL go-round for all of my preexisting race mods. I have TONS of new stuff in mind, and I'm eager to get started on those. Each race I subsequently release will be the final version of that race. With the way I'll be building these, they should be pretty unbreakable even if Bethesda updates/patches something.

Finally, I have the Atmora worldspace fully prepped to start building my races into. I have the entire space all mapped out for what races will reside where within it. Once I get well into development, I'll be looking for permissions from other authors to hook their dungeon mods into it to round it off. When I'm ready to release it, I'll be including a new ESM for each race that resides within the worldspace, which will simply replace the ESM I include with each race when it's stand alone version is released.

That's basically it......

So if there's any questions, feel free to ask.

Trykz

I like the sound of that. I don't really think they'll be updating Skyrim in the future. Well...unless they come up with some plan to give Skyrim players more content for something ESO related (I hope not). Keep up the good work =)

I like the sound of that. I don't really think they'll be updating Skyrim in the future. Well...unless they come up with some plan to give Skyrim players more content for something ESO related (I hope not). Keep up the good work =)

The small dependency file I'll be using is just a set of vanilla race duplicates with the Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, and Dragonborn.esm dependencies removed. So even if Bethesda updates the game, it won't break any of my races  ;)

Trykz

I would hold off a bit on that one.

In fact, I'd hold off on all my races for the time being. After a few mishaps (mostly involving my system hardware and OS), I've decided that all of my race mods are going to go through a complete and thorough overhaul.

So here's the plan:

First, TCRA is gone..... It was great for a while (like when Bethesda was breaking all my stuff), but now it's basically unnecessary. After stripping out all the bodies and texture sets (mostly to shrink it's hefty size), there was essentially very little left. So basically, I'm going back to my older method of building my races with nothing but Skyrim.esm, RaceCompatibility.esm, and a new (and very tiny) requirement ESM (unnamed at the moment) which holds nothing but the duplicated vanilla races I usually work with. Some Dawnguard and Dragonborn races will be among them, but neither DLC will be a requirement to use any of my race mods.

Second, head and body meshes and textures will be returned into the individual race mod's BSA. However, ALL of my races will be built using custom shaped HDT BodySlide bodies. But don't worry, I'll be including an empty set of mesh and texture folders for each mod that can be used for replacers for those who wish to swap out body types. Custom parts folders will NOT be included for replacement, as these are usually the trademark pieces that make my races what they are. To remove/replace them is to completely alter my races. In which case you might as well just RP a Nord or Breton as whatever race you want to pretend it is.

Third, this will be the FINAL go-round for all of my preexisting race mods. I have TONS of new stuff in mind, and I'm eager to get started on those. Each race I subsequently release will be the final version of that race. With the way I'll be building these, they should be pretty unbreakable even if Bethesda updates/patches something.

Finally, I have the Atmora worldspace fully prepped to start building my races into. I have the entire space all mapped out for what races will reside where within it. Once I get well into development, I'll be looking for permissions from other authors to hook their dungeon mods into it to round it off. When I'm ready to release it, I'll be including a new ESM for each race that resides within the worldspace, which will simply replace the ESM I include with each race when it's stand alone version is released.

That's basically it......

So if there's any questions, feel free to ask.

Trykz

Good Deal....whew !! I just over hauled my skyrim using Unp body and armors to try out that alternative start mod lol so this helps alot lol. Well good luck to ya eagrly waiting but hey take your time man better to get it good ..solid and right then rush.

I know you've flip flopped bodies a bit any idea which one youve settled on for the final go round?

Just a quick question! Are any of your mods going to be converted into SoS? I think I read once upon a time that you were planning to but I'm just unsure what the status on that is. Since you said your going to do a final rundown on your existing mods, an SoS compatiblr version would be much appreciated ^^!

Good Deal....whew !! I just over hauled my skyrim using Unp body and armors to try out that alternative start mod lol so this helps alot lol. Well good luck to ya eagrly waiting but hey take your time man better to get it good ..solid and right then rush.

I know you've flip flopped bodies a bit any idea which one youve settled on for the final go round?

The majority of them have been CBBE or some variant of CBBE. However, I'll be using blabba's HDT BodySlide version from now on. The variety it's capable of is unmatched at the moment by any other single body replacer. Every race will have it's BodySlide preset included so it can be tweaked and adjusted more to the user preference.

Just a quick question! Are any of your mods going to be converted into SoS? I think I read once upon a time that you were planning to but I'm just unsure what the status on that is. Since you said your going to do a final rundown on your existing mods, an SoS compatiblr version would be much appreciated ^^!

Probably not. It's not something I'd really want to have to build into every race with a male variant by default. Although I will look into seeing if there's a way the user can do it using the replacer folders.

Trykz

Can someone tell me what mod I'd use to edit the Moonshadow Elf race with RaceMenu Is there there a Chargen file I can use? 

It already works with RaceMenu's chargen files. RaceMenu and ECE were the primary reasons I removed the standalone chargens from my races.

Are you sure? >> I used to run Racemenu (without ChargenPlugins) with ECE togeather. When I first go your newer Moonshadow Elf Race I was able to edit the moonshadow elf, but recall something happening that conflicted with the faces and such for my other characters, and there for ditched being Moonshadow for the time. 

Recently, I have gotten rid of ECE, as godly as it was, in favor of RaceMenu's Chargen files that had merged ECE's sliders with it. I recently started using a different Texture and 'beautification' mod for better compatibillity for future mod installs, but the mod did not include the Elven races. to cover that I used Etheral Elven Overhaul, which did not work with ECE, and the RaceMenu CharGen Plugins that did allowed me to edit the Elven Races with EEO conflicted with ECE and other characters that were not elven; resulting in the uninstall.

But I suppose I should get to the point. xD CharGen has plugins for custom races that don't really seem to work, so I'm not sure what I'd need to be able to once again Edit the features of your custom races to my liking. Do they not work anymore because I got rid of ECE...? 

Are you sure? >> I used to run Racemenu (without ChargenPlugins) with ECE togeather. When I first go your newer Moonshadow Elf Race I was able to edit the moonshadow elf, but recall something happening that conflicted with the faces and such for my other characters, and there for ditched being Moonshadow for the time. 

Recently, I have gotten rid of ECE, as godly as it was, in favor of RaceMenu's Chargen files that had merged ECE's sliders with it. I recently started using a different Texture and 'beautification' mod for better compatibillity for future mod installs, but the mod did not include the Elven races. to cover that I used Etheral Elven Overhaul, which did not work with ECE, and the RaceMenu CharGen Plugins that did allowed me to edit the Elven Races with EEO conflicted with ECE and other characters that were not elven; resulting in the uninstall.

But I suppose I should get to the point. xD CharGen has plugins for custom races that don't really seem to work, so I'm not sure what I'd need to be able to once again Edit the features of your custom races to my liking. Do they not work anymore because I got rid of ECE...? 

ECE is not meant to be used with Racemenu .....the author even says if you try to use the two together you'll get conflicts...maybe try ECE alone.

So......

I finally got annoyed enough to replace my modding rig when for some mysterious reason I couldn't get RaceCompatibility to script any race I made.

Win8.1, Core i5, 32gb DDR3, 2gb ATI graphics..... Much MUCH faster than my old rig  ;)

Currently transferring everything from the old rig to this one  :D

Trykz

ECE is not meant to be used with Racemenu .....the author even says if you try to use the two together you'll get conflicts...maybe try ECE alone.

RaceMenu and ECE worked completely fine. No issues at all if I didn't use the ChargenPlugins. And I believe at one point they both worked fine with each other. I'd actually like to stay away from ECE from now on though. Not that I didn't love it, as I did love it, but I don't want to tamper with an already stable setup. Will the Race Mods only with with ECE, though? The Chargen plugins I have USE the ECE sliders without actually using ECE. 

Mhh i have a question,

when you add support for custom bodys for your races, will there be a way for a faun/unicorn bodyslide Body?

You and the dranei race mod are the only 2 that had a body like this so far, but theres no bodyslide version of it so you cant create your own :/

Hoi Trykz,

Just came back to Skyrim after a fairly long break and saw you were still updating your mod, I used to use you moonshadow and frost elves back in the day and with the new version stuck to moonshadow, the thing is while I got everything to work I'm also using sexlab procreation and while I can replace everything just fine for armors and what not I can't seem to get the altered cbbe meshes to appear with Moonshadow Elves. 

Could you be so kind as to tell me which folders I need either create or paste the new meshes into so they work with the preggers meshes?  

Hoi Trykz,

Just came back to Skyrim after a fairly long break and saw you were still updating your mod, I used to use you moonshadow and frost elves back in the day and with the new version stuck to moonshadow, the thing is while I got everything to work I'm also using sexlab procreation and while I can replace everything just fine for armors and what not I can't seem to get the altered cbbe meshes to appear with Moonshadow Elves. 

Could you be so kind as to tell me which folders I need either create or paste the new meshes into so they work with the preggers meshes?  

Moonshadow Elves (and Frost Elves) is freshly rebuilt, and no longer requires TCRA.

I'm in the midst of putting the finishing touches on a few other races, and then I'll be uploading all 5 of them this weekend. The bodies they use are all HDT BodySlide meshes, and readily support both HDT animations and pregnancy mods.

I'll be including replacer folders so the body shape can be easily tailored to user preference.

Best to just wait a few more days, because everything is about to change, and nothing from this thread will be compatible.

Trykz

Is the version of Moonshadow Elves on the download section the one that does not require TCRA? or is that one of the ones being uploaded?

No. Nothing in this thread is new.

I'll be creating a completely new download page for everything I'm working on this weekend. Eventually I'll be asking a mod to either remove or lock this thread and any other previous renditions of it.

Since TCRA will no longer be required, I'll also be removing all download links.

Trykz

Is the version of Moonshadow Elves on the download section the one that does not require TCRA? or is that one of the ones being uploaded?

No. Nothing in this thread is new.

I'll be creating a completely new download page for everything I'm working on this weekend. Eventually I'll be asking a mod to either remove or lock this thread and any other previous renditions of it.

Since TCRA will no longer be required, I'll also be removing all download links.

Trykz

Thanks for the fast response  :)