Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

Could anyone out of the kindness of their heart re-upload TCRA?

A quote from Trykz

"I don't have any other mirrors though. Sorry. My DSL's upload is horrendous, or I'd try to find another mirror to upload it to. Those three files would take a day at least to upload. However, if someone would like to upload them elsewhere and PM me the mirror links, I'd be more than happy to update the first post of my other thread."

I don't know if it's a lot to ask, but I just really want to try these races.

Thanks.

Links incoming. I will be linking them via mediafire shortly.

TCRA.BSA http://www.mediafire.com/download/nok6k77dxdwq3jm/TCRA.bsa   601MB

TCRA.ESM http://www.mediafire.com/download/u6mw9xavscplwe9/TCRA.esm  ~1MB

Hope that helps.

Trykz, I'll leave the links on my mediafire. Feel free to add them as mirrors.

A quote from Trykz

"I don't have any other mirrors though. Sorry. My DSL's upload is horrendous, or I'd try to find another mirror to upload it to. Those three files would take a day at least to upload. However, if someone would like to upload them elsewhere and PM me the mirror links, I'd be more than happy to update the first post of my other thread."

Thanks.

Hope that helps.

My hero. Thanks for taking the time so I could enjoy the mod(s).

A quote from Trykz

Thanks.

Hope that helps.

Nice.

Thank you xenic. A few have had issues with the MediaFire I posted when I released it, but they've worked for the most part. Sometimes MediaFire is finicky, sometimes it's flawless. Them's the interwebz I guess LOL

Trykz

A quote from Trykz

Thanks.

Hope that helps.

Nice.

Thank you xenic. A few have had issues with the MediaFire I posted when I released it, but they've worked for the most part. Sometimes MediaFire is finicky, sometimes it's flawless. Them's the interwebz I guess LOL

Trykz

You're welcome. Hopefully this helps people out. I have a ton of room on my mediafire, so if you need to use me for a mirror, just let me know.

could you make his work with body slide? so that the custom races can wear any armor and not have that weird my char have size a titties and than all of a sudden has C cups and a huge butt when I switch to my regular armor

Let me help focus your attention...

The range of sliders this brings to the table is quite impressive, allowing for nearly ANY body type configuration (I spent a full day playing around with it to create the Apollo body LOL).

Essentially, this is part of the basis for how I want to build/rebuild my race mods. Basically, I create the body I'd like the race to have. When I release the race, it will include the corresponding BodySlide data for users to build armors and clothing for that particular body. But it doesn't stop there.....

should the user prefer to use another body type/shape for any given race, they can simply BodySlide their preferred body, and drop it in the race's body mesh folder. For now, only the CBBE type bodies will be able to use the default texture set for any given BodySlide enabled race I create. However, for UNP/7B/DG, etc., bodytype users, it's a simple matter of swapping in a complete mesh/texture set, minus the headmesh. Head meshes CANNOT be changed without in-depth knowledge of TCRA's directory structure to know exactly where a replacement head mesh needs to be placed.

Thanks to Xenic, I can enjoy the races now, and I do enjoy them. It's the variety you need when you've logged hundreds of hours on Skyrim.

I'm glad to hear you're sorted  ;)

Hi, just wondering, no Frost Elves yet? Or has that race been abandoned?

Nope. Not abandoned. I arrived home a few hours ago, booted up my rig as usual, and was immediately welcomed by the dreaded BSOD. Thankfully I've gotten into the habit of backing everything up to my 1TB notebook drive so I stop losing stuff. However, everything I was working on is temporarily on hold until I get this new drive sorted. Shouldn't be but a few days at most. But I figured I might as well take this opportunity to finish up the next (and likely last) version of TCRA. I know you're looking forward to that race, but I'd rather give it to you on TCRA's final version (see the upcoming changes I noted earlier) so everything works perfectly without needing yet another rebuild  :P

At most, if TCRA DOES get any future updates, they won't have any effect on any existing races after this go-round, because TCRA will no longer include body meshes or textures other than those used for the hooved races.

Current WIP races already on the unfinished TCRA version are:

Amazons - (about 95% finished with the Atmora version of the race)

Daughters of ColdHarbour - (will likely include it's own standalone headmesh for better vampirism stability)

Frost Elves - (will still need some work on the effects/abilities before final release)

Nidia - (still looking for better bound bow meshes)

and a few others I'm not yet ready to reveal  :D

Trykz

I'm glad to hear you're sorted  ;)

Nope. Not abandoned. I arrived home a few hours ago, booted up my rig as usual, and was immediately welcomed by the dreaded BSOD. Thankfully I've gotten into the habit of backing everything up to my 1TB notebook drive so I stop losing stuff. However, everything I was working on is temporarily on hold until I get this new drive sorted. Shouldn't be but a few days at most. But I figured I might as well take this opportunity to finish up the next (and likely last) version of TCRA. I know you're looking forward to that race, but I'd rather give it to you on TCRA's final version (see the upcoming changes I noted earlier) so everything works perfectly without needing yet another rebuild  :P

At most, if TCRA DOES get any future updates, they won't have any effect on any existing races after this go-round, because TCRA will no longer include body meshes or textures other than those used for the hooved races.

Daughters of ColdHarbour - (will likely include it's own standalone headmesh for better vampirism stability)

Frost Elves - (will still need some work on the effects/abilities before final release)

Trykz

:s still hoping for Draenei *crosses fingers*

I

Trykz

:s still hoping for Draenei *crosses fingers*

I second this...!

Also, Trykz...what kind of racial abilities do the new races have?

Uh, I'm not seeing TCRA in the download list...?

The 3 required files

Jesus, that LL/Mega integration needs work. They're not even names, just random gibberish with no filesize that still shows a wait period before download, and even a wait between different files even though it's a simple redirect...

Just install the 3. Extract them together and you'll get the TCRA =)

I tryed that and it stil not work does any one have one that is not slip in three i can have.

Just wanted to check in and let you guys know I'm still working on the new (and last) version of TCRA.

I have a bunch more Tintmasks to add, but other than that, it's pretty much done. Just a heads up that the new version WILL break most (or maybe all) of my races that are currently released. However, I've streamlined a lot of stuff to speed up fixing them all pretty quickly.

While working on TCRA, I've also been playing around with customizing skeletons to add some more variety. So I figured I'd test everything all at once by building something from everything I've been toying around with lately:

post-26143-0-14924300-1397352526_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-41411600-1397352534_thumb.jpg

The male is full sized, but built on the finished re-scaled skeleton. The female is just re-sized in the CK until I finish the female skeleton. If it's finished before TCRA, I'll release it with TCRA so you have something to mess with while I rebuild my previous mods one last time  ;)

Trykz

• 2 weeks later...

How is the work on the amozon race going?

Pretty well actually.

I've created 2 more HDT BodySlide presets (all three will be included with the mod), AND done a lot more work on the Atmora worldspace. However, I made one little mistake during the construction of the race.......

at some point during the build, I included the Atmora.esm, making it a dependency for the race to work. It won't be hard to remove, but I'll eventually need to include it as a dependency for the NPCs I created in Atmora (which were created during the construction of the race, and IN the Atmora worldspace).

I'm thinking I'll just copy the ESP and remove the dependency from that for those who don't want to use the Atmora mod, and then continue building the race as two separate mods before converting them back to ESM.

The only thing I haven't figured out, is how I could possibly release any race before TCRA. I removed the body meshes (which means any currently released race will break once TCRA is updated), but they all still rely on TCRA for the base races, head meshes, and texture sets I use most (currently at 6 with various normal and specular maps, and not likely to increase).

There is however one other option:

go back to building races the way I started, and only include the race's body meshes and texture sets in the race mod itself. TCRA can still hold the base races and head meshes (thus still removing the need for Update.esm for combat updates), and all the other parts in TCRA will be add-on custom parts, and modder resources (well over 100 custom eyes, brows, and many other custom parts).

As of right now, that option looks most appealing to me. But we'll see  ;)

Trykz

go back to building races the way I started, and only include the race's body meshes and texture sets in the race mod itself. TCRA can still hold the base races and head meshes (thus still removing the need for Update.esm for combat updates), and all the other parts in TCRA will be add-on custom parts, and modder resources (well over 100 custom eyes, brows, and many other custom parts).

Trykz

Would this still allow for customization of the bodies of these races? If so, I see zero negatives for this plan! 

Trykz

Would this still allow for customization of the bodies of these races? If so, I see zero negatives for this plan! 

Much more so.....

the user would have total control over the overall appearance of the race, since the meshes/textures would be added to the race itself, shrinking the size of TCRA substantially. As stated earlier, TCRA would remain as a dependency, as the head meshes, base races, and various other parts are all stored there because I use them so much.

With the fiasco of ES Online, I've a feeling that Bethesda will now focus on polishing up Skyrim's last bugs. and then focus on ES VI as sort of a "hey, we fucked up, but here's our next big title for you". This presents a problem for modders as their updates are rolled into Update.esm, which is the whole reason I created TCRA in the first place....... so they couldn't keep breaking all my race mods. Patch 1.5 was the final straw for me, and I needed to do something to squash it so I didn't need to rebuild all my races after every damn patch.

But even aside from that, TCRA is essentially a huge custom parts database, with tons of custom parts to create races (or followers) from. It's parts are even usable by the vanilla races, adding tons of eyes (150) and brows (40) to them as well.

So yeah..... I think it's likely the best option :)

Trykz

Will there be an ability to select no tattoos or different tattoos? The character I've got is stuck with the one tattoos she came with (Moonshadow Elf). It would be a nice option to have (to include body piercings).

I guess you didn't play one in Oblivion.......

the tattoos were a trademark of the original Oblivion race mod (and no "others" were available). That doesn't mean users can't swap out the texture set for a no tattoos option. But IMHO, playing one without them is pretty pointless. You might as well just play a modified vanilla elf and forego the requirements of a custom race altogether. Swapping body meshes is understandable. But altering the trademark appearance of any custom race (by not using the custom bits that make the race what it is) just doesn't make any sense at all.

Apart from that, you're talking about two entirely different things. The tattoos are part of the textures, and in no way have any effect on using body piercings.

Trykz

Testing, testing, and more testing......

post-26143-0-70213800-1398632291_thumb.jpg

TCRA, BodySlide, and......

The "new" Frost Elves  ;)

This body was exported "directly" out of BodySlide, and straight

into the race's meshes folder. It's HDT and can easily be reshaped

according to user preferences.

Details of how this was accomplished can be found here.

This is how all of my races will be constructed going forward.

If you like the body shape, use it as is. If you prefer something

different, then it's as simple as reshaping it  :)

Keep in mind that only HDT BodySlide armors will actually fit

these shapes. Many of which I intend to convert myself as time allows.

The lingerie is one I just converted in Outfit Studio this morning  :D

Trykz