Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

here is a new one for u lol, starting a new game the horses and carts just walked right up to the wall in helgan and well kept walking now there faces are in the wall and the carts are bouncing around its ridiculously funny but... erm well bugged? i think its possibly the version of skyrim seen as i disabled the updater almost as soon as i bought the game "if it works why fix it?"

When using custom races, you should be using an alternate start mod like Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound. It's been well known for a very long time that random mods (and certain skeletons) break the opening sequence (particularly the cart-ride). As for which of the two to pick, that's up to you; LAL gives you a list of pre-made start options (including a working version of the vanilla cart ride opening), while Skyrim Unbound lets you sort of "build your own basic start" option.

Edit: and you should really, really turn updates back on. Most mods have been updated to a point of simply not working on older versions of Skyrim anymore, and SKSE has been greatly improved over time.

its working now, thanks to an update of the http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D26800&pUp=1 to version 1-93a

Edit 2: after trying out the ALL of your races i have concluded all working

Note: incomparable with, CBBE skin texture V2 V3 plus Thepal and UNP compatible... and i really liked those body meshes XD mhmm might try importing the mesh Only idk how that will take but worth a go

is it possible there a part of the skin texture?, i first realized this may be the case with demoness and also again with spriggan queen on the account the body's no longer matched the heads and ect

Edit:
makeing a late note on kerran sha'rr.rar it downloads as Kerran Sha'rr and i to install with NMM will cause instant crash of NMM unknown as to why little do i care lol renameing this file to Kerran Sharr.rar worked fine for me no crash of NNM to be seen on install and with this Kerran Sha'rr has been tested and i report fully functional as suspected, last but no means least i will soon be removing everything that is not vital to work out exactly what i needed to get these working that i didn't have before seen as i added a Lot of mods to this clean install on the 4th day of trying to get these to run and i dont know exactly what one made them work.

Made a new char using the Moonshadow Elves and I can't seem to change/remove tattoos. I'm using "race menu". What am I doing wrong?

These races are extremely customization unfriendly. They all use their own sets of body meshes and texture files packed into the TCRA.bsa. You'd have to unpack it with BSAopt.

It's wierd, I had Kerran Sharr and Demoness working last night and today they don't. I'm certain it's a mod conflict (I'm running 120+). When I get it figured out, I will post.

Okay, so I found a fix to my problem. I was using NMM to install my mods (I like being able to easily remove something). I installed something that used similar filenames as XP32 skeleton. I went back and let the skeleton overwrite everyfile it wanted and the races run fine.

Any update on when we will see the new races coming in?

Soon..... ish  :P

Seriously though, apologies for the infrequent updates. However, rest assured that I've been rather diligently plugging away at these. Though there have been some recent changes to my plans.

Namely, my planned (and 95% finished) Draenei race is cancelled. Not for personal dissatisfaction mind you, but since another modder here on LL has recently undertaken the task of building that particular race, I don't really see the point in continuing it. I don't build my races to compete with other modders. And I certainly don't want to monopolize the race mod quorum either.

I have however developed a suitable replacement:

Say hello to Echo:

2014-02-16_00002.jpg

Now from this image, it's quite hard to discern what makes her very, very special. Though her left eye may perhaps provide some clue.......

What secrets lie behind that eye? What might lie beneath that thickly toned, muscular body? Lets peel away that layer, shall we?......

2014-02-16_00004.jpg

Oh my.........

more to come  ;)

Trykz

Seriously though, apologies for the infrequent updates. However, rest assured that I've been rather diligently plugging away at these. Though there have been some recent changes to my plans.

Namely, my planned (and 95% finished) Draenei race is cancelled. Not for personal dissatisfaction mind you, but since another modder here on LL has recently undertaken the task of building that particular race, I don't really see the point in continuing it. I don't build my races to compete with other modders. And I certainly don't want to monopolize the race mod quorum either.

Say hello to Echo:

2014-02-16_00002.jpg

Now from this image, it's quite hard to discern what makes her very, very special. Though her left eye may perhaps provide some clue.......

What secrets lie behind that eye? What might lie beneath that thickly toned, muscular body? Lets peel away that layer, shall we?......

2014-02-16_00004.jpg

Oh my.........

more to come  ;)

Trykz

Glad to see you're still at it. The cyborg race looks interesting. What was the inspiration for her? Also, as a bovine race, can I milk myself? Sorry, but the thought popped in my my head.  :P

In all honesty, I don't see why you can't both release the race. And speaking extremely bluntly, I'd much rather see the one you're working on, and nearly finished, as opposed to a blue-skinned nord with rather terrifying body proportions. And in counter to "he did it first" The Kaleen race is essentially a draenei without hooves or glowing eyes, and is on Nexus. 

TLDR: The more the merrier of any type of mod, especially ones that won't conflict, such as race or armor mods.

Draenei cancelled at 95% :( . Honestly I wish you would finish them, I've been so looking forward to someone finally adding my favourite WoW race to the game and the alternative here on LL, after looking at it just really doesn't appeal to me namely because of the proportions mentioned in an earlier post.

As for the preview pics of the new race damn that looks sweet. Will be eagerly anticipating using them in Skyrim when they are released.

Draenei cancelled at 95% :( . Honestly I wish you would finish them, I've been so looking forward to someone finally adding my favourite WoW race to the game and the alternative here on LL, after looking at it just really doesn't appeal to me namely because of the proportions mentioned in an earlier post.

As for the preview pics of the new race damn that looks sweet. Will be eagerly anticipating using them in Skyrim when they are released.

Where is this Draenei post on LL. I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

Say hello to Echo:

2014-02-16_00002.jpg

2014-02-16_00004.jpg

Oh my.........

more to come  ;)

Trykz

Where is the link for that?

Where is this Draenei post on LL. I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

Here.

In all honesty, I don't see why you can't both release the race. And speaking extremely bluntly, I'd much rather see the one you're working on, and nearly finished, as opposed to a blue-skinned nord with rather terrifying body proportions. And in counter to "he did it first" The Kaleen race is essentially a draenei without hooves or glowing eyes, and is on Nexus. 

TLDR: The more the merrier of any type of mod, especially ones that won't conflict, such as race or armor mods.

The problem is more an issue of courtesy that anything. I don't release my WIPs. I only release fully fleshed out, working race mods that "most" users find satisfactory and to their liking, and doesn't require any further changes/updates after release. The other author decided to release his unfinished WIP. Which is fine, but leads to many of the types of comments found in his thread, which adds the burden of constant updating until most of his users find it satisfactory. Therein lies the rub:

If I finished up and released my mod now, before his is finalized, it would quite likely create some resentment.

Take this as a "for instance".... Moonshadow Elf Race

4,400 total downloads in 14 months.

My Moonshadow Elves mod had that many downloads (and then some) over at Nexus after only two days. To date, it's had more than 225,000 downloads between Nexus and here on LoversLab. And stavrbadem hasn't posted anything over at Nexus since May of last year. Quality race modders are pretty rare. Carloss32 is trying to carve out his spot among them. How would it look if I stepped on his toes by releasing the exact same race he's trying to start out modding with?

All I can say is this:

I would feel like a schoolyard bully (and a complete asshole) if he dropped modding because users found my mod more to their liking. Worse if he just faded away like stavrbadem seems to have done. I don't want that kind of rep.

I'd rather give him a fair shot at nailing something great, without any unnecessary competition from me. Give him time. I know how it can be. Moonshadow Elves was my very first fully fleshed out race mod. And it took what seemed like FOREVER to finally nail it  ;)

Trykz

I'm sorry we're not going to be able to see your Draenei. I came across a pic of it (i think) in another thread and she was amazing. Maybe you can help the other guy with some advice? But you are right. There are so few race modders out there. Maybe you could work on a blood elf? Then we'd have a nice set of wow races. Well, pretty close anyway. 

After thought: Would you think about uploading your Draenei as a texture mod for White Faun?

Trykz ?  Have you already a deadline about the Unicorn race plz ? (sorry for my english it's not my primary language)

Unicorn is almost finished. The problem is the texture work that still needs to be done, in combination with my extremely short attention span  :P

Seriously. My mind processes a gazillion thoughts an hour, and occasionally latches onto something I REALLY want to start on immediately. That's when all hell breaks loose, and I close the CK, Gimp, Nifskope, or whatever else I have open to work with without even so much as a second thought.

Right now, I have 8 WIPs loaded into my Data folder waiting for completion  :(

Thankfully, I've been able to keep focused on the DwemFatale mod (I assume that's because there's no real texture work necessary) and should be able to upload it by the weekend. The plan is to get that out of the way, then immediately get to finishing up Unicorn's texture work (I also have to re-structure the ARMO files in the CK to point to the meshes in TCRA).

That's the plan anyway......  :unsure:

Trykz