Custom Race Mods ~ by Trykz (TCRA Update 1/19/14)

I'm sorry we're not going to be able to see your Draenei. I came across a pic of it (i think) in another thread and she was amazing. Maybe you can help the other guy with some advice? But you are right. There are so few race modders out there. Maybe you could work on a blood elf? Then we'd have a nice set of wow races. Well, pretty close anyway. 

After thought: Would you think about uploading your Draenei as a texture mod for White Faun?

I have to agree with this. I love all of your races, if you are not going to release the race since you said its 95% complete maybe you could at least share what you have with Carloss32? since he is only in early stages while your race was almost done seems like it could help him greatly.

Other than that I love the Dwemer cyborg look so far and just a few weeks ago was trying to find something more robotic/cyborg to use in Skyrim to play along with Ihlenda the Dwemer droid companion.

Probably for the best to let the draenei issue rest. But I would like to ask if you would keep what you have done. I get the strong feeling that the current WIP is going to be abandoned. Or worse, done half-assed and called complete. I'm hoping it's done well and fully, but I'm the pessimistic sort; prepare and expect the worst, and be happily surprised when proven wrong.

Probably for the best to let the draenei issue rest. But I would like to ask if you would keep what you have done. I get the strong feeling that the current WIP is going to be abandoned. Or worse, done half-assed and called complete. I'm hoping it's done well and fully, but I'm the pessimistic sort; prepare and expect the worst, and be happily surprised when proven wrong.

I never toss anything. I usually just move stuff to a "just in case" folder on my storage drive.

If Carloss decides to drop the Draenei race, I'll most definitely reconsider finishing up and releasing mine. The assets he's using are very much the same as mine, with a few exceptions. Such as the body meshes, and tail, all of which I added to the recently released TCRA.

Speaking of TCRA......

if Carloss so chooses, he's more than welcome to use TCRA's assets to build his race. I didn't build TCRA for my own exclusive use. I built it as a race modders resource, so race modders could easily add the most widely used custom assets to their mods without needing to release a huge race mod full of custom stuff most people probably already have anyway. Essentially, TCRA packs everything together for them inside a single BSA. Complete with ARMO files already pre-assembled with the proper ARMA files. They simply need to be duplicated and renamed to make them easily identifiable to that particular race mod (ex. SkinNakedDraenei or SkinNaked).

Building a race based on the UNPB body? TCRA includes it.

7Base?..... yup

CHSBHC?..... of course

as well as a plethora of horns, tails, eyes, hooves, textures, and countless other assets I hand picked myself to work flawlessly together.

Right now I have Moonshadow Elves, Chocolate Elves, Spriggan Queen, and DwemFatale ALL using the same body meshes (my preferred custom BodySlide shape) without and conflicts or issues.

I'm looking forward to the new "Frost Elves" because the old Frost Elves was awesome.  I'm still using the old one and have Elorwen from Unique Female Followers.

It's quite likely that Elorwen will be broken by the new version. The new version uses all new assets in TCRA.

However, fixing her would be quite simple. Though you'd likely need to recruit her again (form ID changes and such).

Trykz

Just for "proof of concept" sake.......

Draenei

Draenei 2

Built ENTIRELY with assets found inside TCRA  ;)

Trykz

Okay, after looking at your page, I had a thought. The Dwemer-fatale, will Dwemer enemies be friendly to her?

That's one of the things I'm tossing around right now......

I'm thinking I may do like I did with Spriggan Queen and use a "faction potion" that lets the user decide. Drink the potion, become friendly to all automatons. Don't drink it and they'll attack you as normal.

Trykz

Just for "proof of concept" sake.......

Draenei

Draenei 2

Built ENTIRELY with assets found inside TCRA  ;)

Trykz

Okay, after looking at your page, I had a thought. The Dwemer-fatale, will Dwemer enemies be friendly to her?

That's one of the things I'm tossing around right now......

I'm thinking I may do like I did with Spriggan Queen and use a "faction potion" that lets the user decide. Drink the potion, become friendly to all automatons. Don't drink it and they'll attack you as normal.

Trykz

That is an awesome idea. I didn't even know the spriggan queen had that. Is the Dwemer-fatale going to have a spouse to marry? Sorry for all the questions. 

That is an awesome idea. I didn't even know the spriggan queen had that. Is the Dwemer-fatale going to have a spouse to marry? Sorry for all the questions. 

The Spriggan Queen has a potion set up at the Guardian Stones between Helgen and Riverwood  :)

As far as the spouse thing goes......

unknown at this time. Perhaps as an add-on to the mod's ESM later. We'll see...... getting a spouse/follower to trigger their own Cyborg form might prove to be a bit of a challenge. Not something I'd want to hold the mod back to wait for.

Trykz

Hmm...Dwem Fatale looks like she could possibly take top spot on my list of favorite custom races. I'll use her when I'm feeling techy and the Spriggan Queen when I'm feeling more natural. :)

Quick question about the custom races (the Demoness in particular), though...maybe I did something wrong (probably) and hopefully someone can tell me how to fix it, although it's fairly a minor thing. My Demoness character has crooked wings so if anyone can tell me how to fix them (or just remove them like I saw done in the sample pics on the first page) I'd be greatly appreciative. Also, can anyone tell me why all the characters I've created (Spriggan Queen, Demoness, Guardian, Moonshadow Elf, Chocolate Elf and Kerran Sha'rr) have the Spriggan Quuen's swirling leaf effect around their feet? How'd I mess that up? :D

Hmm...Dwem Fatale looks like she could possibly take top spot on my list of favorite custom races. I'll use her when I'm feeling techy and the Spriggan Queen when I'm feeling more natural. :)

Quick question about the custom races (the Demoness in particular), though...maybe I did something wrong (probably) and hopefully someone can tell me how to fix it, although it's fairly a minor thing. My Demoness character has crooked wings so if anyone can tell me how to fix them (or just remove them like I saw done in the sample pics on the first page) I'd be greatly appreciative. Also, can anyone tell me why all the characters I've created (Spriggan Queen, Demoness, Guardian, Moonshadow Elf, Chocolate Elf and Kerran Sha'rr) have the Spriggan Quuen's swirling leaf effect around their feet? How'd I mess that up? :D

I think the crooked wings has to do with your idle stance. 

I think the crooked wings has to do with your idle stance. 

My idle stance, eh? I'm using Pretty Idle or something like that from Nexus, I think...got any suggestions for an idle stance that looks decently feminine but will keep the wings straight? Also keep in mind I'm still open to removing the wings entirely...they're great outdoors in wide spaces, but not so much indoors where they clip thru things a lot.

Well, playing with Moonshadow Elves right now, nice job on them. But was the racial power (Moonshadow Blossom) supposed to be on them automatically? I had use the addspell command to get it. I would have RTFM, but there was no FM :P

Speaking of, could you add the race descriptions to somewhere in this thread or the download page? :)

If the Unicorn race is ready soon, i'll definitely be using that for my mage character next.  

And i too am eager to see the Frost Elves back http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=82223989 ;)

The wing problem sounds like a skeleton issue. Try this one:

skeleton_female.nif

The swirling leaves issue is a load order problem (I think). Try moving the Spriggan Queen ESM above any other races. It can also happen when selecting the race prior to the race you actually want to use.

Keep me posted......

Trykz

I only play a male character but your mods looks awesome

Is it possible for you to make some of those spawn as ennemies in the game ?

For exemple, make the spriggan queen spawn with the spriggan faction, the dwemfatal spawn in dwemer ruins,  the half-sheep girls spawn in foorests and springs etc...

It would be great if i could meet and fight them (among other things...) without having to play a female character

The wing problem sounds like a skeleton issue. Try this one:

attachicon.gifskeleton_female.nif

The swirling leaves issue is a load order problem (I think). Try moving the Spriggan Queen ESM above any other races. It can also happen when selecting the race prior to the race you actually want to use.

Keep me posted......

Trykz

OK, the skeleton did fix the wings, although I would still like to know how to go wingless for the Demoness and Valkyrie like you did in your pics. As for the Spriggan Queen leaf effect on everyone, it's still with them even after moving her to the top of the list, but that's no biggie...it's a little odd but actually kind of cool. :)

Oh, and the Dwem Fatale is awesome, btw...Dwem Fatale + Dwarven crossbow/assault mod = very good times, indeed. Any chance you might Dwem up any of the other races? Dwem Orc or Dark Elf, anyone?

I only play a male character but your mods looks awesome

Is it possible for you to make some of those spawn as ennemies in the game ?

For exemple, make the spriggan queen spawn with the spriggan faction, the dwemfatal spawn in dwemer ruins,  the half-sheep girls spawn in foorests and springs etc...

It would be great if i could meet and fight them (among other things...) without having to play a female character

Not likely. Such a mod would require that I re-script every race controller onto a single ESM, and then build NPCs for each one which would likely create all kinds of issues. Not to mention that it's a ton of work I'm not ready to undertake at this time.

OK, the skeleton did fix the wings, although I would still like to know how to go wingless for the Demoness and Valkyrie like you did in your pics. As for the Spriggan Queen leaf effect on everyone, it's still with them even after moving her to the top of the list, but that's no biggie...it's a little odd but actually kind of cool. :)

Oh, and the Dwem Fatale is awesome, btw...Dwem Fatale + Dwarven crossbow/assault mod = very good times, indeed. Any chance you might Dwem up any of the other races? Dwem Orc or Dark Elf, anyone?

The Demoness uses a "ring of concealment" which hides the wings and tail. I don't recall making it craftable, so you might need to use the console to get it.

The leaf effect is controlled by a vanilla script used by the vanilla Spriggan race. So it's likely attached into the save files of those affected characters. You could try cleaning the script from those saves if it becomes an issue you'd like to see fixed.

DwemFatale will be getting some additional content in the future, but it will come in the form of add-on ESPs so the race can remain untouched and not break anything.

------------------------------------------------------

After quite a bit of texture work (trying different things), I just can't satisfy myself with how the Unicorn race looks afterward. So I've decided that their appearance in the current screenshots will suffice for now. I still need to restructure some of it's mechanical parts so it performs better with the new TCRA (a few of the meshes got somehow reorganized), but I should be able to get that finished up for it's release sometime later this week.

Trykz

After quite a bit of texture work (trying different things), I just can't satisfy myself with how the Unicorn race looks afterward. So I've decided that their appearance in the current screenshots will suffice for now. I still need to restructure some of it's mechanical parts so it performs better with the new TCRA (a few of the meshes got somehow reorganized), but I should be able to get that finished up for it's release sometime later this week.

Trykz

I really like the screenshots for the Unicorn. I think it looks great.

Greedy as it sounds, will the unicorn, or any future races, be bodyslide compatible? I rather enjoy wearing certain gloves and armor types ("armor" being a very loose term), but without bodyslide said gloves clip through arms, and all sorts of weird shenanigans happen with any other gear. If not, that's ok too, just a little request.

Greedy as it sounds, will the unicorn, or any future races, be bodyslide compatible? I rather enjoy wearing certain gloves and armor types ("armor" being a very loose term), but without bodyslide said gloves clip through arms, and all sorts of weird shenanigans happen with any other gear. If not, that's ok too, just a little request.

The armor is loose, just like our characters.  :lol:

@Trykz Have you tried to make a race with tentacle legs? I was going to try it with a race I am working on, but not sure if it's do-able.