Forno & Fredas' Sexy Vault Girl Interface - Alternative Release -

2 hours ago, Fredas said:

You need these: JIP-LN NVSE, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOff NVSE, SUP NVSE.  As I have often repeated in this thread, it's a good idea to keep all of the script extenders up to date, not just the ones needed by Forno's Vault Girl.  The next version of the mod will have checks/warnings for anything missing.

Oh I didn't have SUP NVSE thanks, you should probably add that in the list of requirements cus ive only seen you mention it in the second page of this thread

42 minutes ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll works fine ,It all went well no issues whatsoever so what's wrong with this?

I don't have your PC so I don't know what you're missing.  Troubleshooting a complicated issue by proxy is not easy, and you need to understand that your case is an outlier.

The best suggestion I can make for now is to reinstall the mod in its lowest possible configuration and see if that makes your system happy.  That would be the 1080p iteration, without the High Resolution Screens category.

3 minutes ago, sneederfeeder said:

Oh I didn't have SUP NVSE thanks, you should probably add that in the list of requirements cus ive only seen you mention it in the second page of this thread

I will, indeed.  My bad assumption was that people modding FNV after more than a decade would already have been familiar with day to day necessities, hence why I supplied a small list of common script extenders along with "etc."  As noted earlier in the thread, I intend to nip this unexpectedly common issue in the bud by throwing in checks and warnings.

3 hours ago, Fredas said:

I don't have your PC so I don't know what you're missing.  Troubleshooting a complicated issue by proxy is not easy, and you need to understand that your case is an outlier.

The best suggestion I can make for now is to reinstall the mod in its lowest possible configuration and see if that makes your system happy.  That would be the 1080p iteration, without the High Resolution Screens category.

Unfortunately i've tried that too and it hasn't worked either,i guess this just wasn't meant to be

22 minutes ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

Unfortunately i've tried that too and it hasn't worked either,i guess this just wasn't meant to be

Here is something to try: Use the Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll without deselecting Forno's Vault Girl.  Let Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll overwrite Forno's Vault Girl.  Once again, regardless of what happens, it will be data to go by.  A screenshot of the result would be useful.

Also, install this over Forno's Vault Girl and see if the icons (SPECIAL, skills, perks) are viewable with it:

Forno's Vault Girl - Vanilla size icons.7z

18 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Here is something to try: Use the Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll without deselecting Forno's Vault Girl.  Let Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll overwrite Forno's Vault Girl.  Once again, regardless of what happens, it will be data to go by.  A screenshot of the result would be useful.

Also, install this over Forno's Vault Girl and see if the icons (SPECIAL, skills, perks) are viewable with it:

Forno's Vault Girl - Vanilla size icons.7z 1.03 MB · 0 downloads

Alright,i've tried it out

Screenshot 35 and 36 are for the files you just posted

37 and 38 are the ones where i ran both clean vault boy and the original vault girl

ScreenShot35.bmp ScreenShot36.bmp ScreenShot38.bmp ScreenShot37.bmp

24 minutes ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

Alright,i've tried it out

Next thing to try is keeping the above load order (Forno's Vault Girl -> Clean Vault Boy & vanilla size icons) but also go into the Forno's Vault Girl folder and rename "nvse" to something else so it can't be found by the game.  This will establish if scripted changes are somehow causing havok on your system.

And after that, try deselecting Forno's Vault Girl altogether to see if at least the vanilla-sized icons will display properly without any VUI+ paperdoll being part of the equation.  In this scenario, all that's being done is the replacement of 256x256 images with other 256x256 images.  There's almost nothing else to account for if this still doesn't work.

8 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Next thing to try is keeping the above load order (Forno's Vault Girl -> Clean Vault Boy & vanilla size icons) but also go into the Forno's Vault Girl folder and rename "nvse" to something else so it can't be found by the game.  This will establish if scripted changes are somehow causing havok on your system.

And after that, try deselecting Forno's Vault Girl altogether to see if at least the vanilla-sized icons will display properly without any VUI+ paperdoll being part of the equation.  In this scenario, all that's being done is the replacement of 256x256 images with other 256x256 images.  There's almost nothing else to account for if this still doesn't work.

Tried all of this,same results. i have no idea what could be the problem. guess i'm just gonna have to live with the fact that i won't be able to use this beautiful and amazing mod. 

Edited by RanchoRelaxo10
21 minutes ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

Yyyyeahhh still a big nope,though i admire you helping me. i'm really thankful for this support.

Edit your falloutprefs.ini from within Mod Organizer 2 (the puzzle piece icon at the top).  iTexMipMapMinimum and iTexMipMapSkip.  Note their current values and set both to 0.  If they're already 0, obviously this step is meaningless.

Last thing to try is this: With Forno's Vault Girl de-selected, install this file.  It's just the Intelligence icon by itself, but using both the same resolution and the same compression as the vanilla icon.  I assume you can see the vanilla vault boy icons just fine.  This file is exactly the same, just with different art.  There should be no reason why you can't view this icon in-game successfully.  Start a new game (do not load a save).  After checking Intelligence in the Pip-Boy, type this in the console: "player.advlevel"  Pick the Intense Training perk so you can view the Intense Training SPECIAL menu and see how the Intelligence icon looks there.

Forno's Vault Girl - Intelligence icon only, vanilla size.7z

On 8/30/2022 at 9:13 AM, Fredas said:

Edit your falloutprefs.ini from within Mod Organizer 2 (the puzzle piece icon at the top).  iTexMipMapMinimum and iTexMipMapSkip.  Note their current values and set both to 0.  If they're already 0, obviously this step is meaningless.

Last thing to try is this: With Forno's Vault Girl de-selected, install this file.  It's just the Intelligence icon by itself, but using both the same resolution and the same compression as the vanilla icon.  I assume you can see the vanilla vault boy icons just fine.  This file is exactly the same, just with different art.  There should be no reason why you can't view this icon in-game successfully.  Start a new game (do not load a save).  After checking Intelligence in the Pip-Boy, type this in the console: "player.advlevel"  Pick the Intense Training perk so you can view the Intense Training SPECIAL menu and see how the Intelligence icon looks there.

Forno's Vault Girl - Intelligence icon only, vanilla size.7z 5.9 kB · 1 download

Yep. It finally works...although just the intellegence icon.

1 hour ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

Yep. It finally works...although just the intellegence icon.

Alright.  It took a couple of hours, because there is no automated means for performing the necessary process, but I have converted every 1080p texture in the mod to the vanilla compression, just for this one outlier.  Chances are good that this will work on your PC.  You will need to install this as the 1080p package without "High Resolution Screens" support, as those are the only ones I converted.

I need to take a moment to underscore how unique of a problem it is that your game (or your PC) would refuse to display textures if they aren't happily of a specific compression.  This could perhaps be solved for real by reinstalling the game from scratch and making certain not to select anything but the highest quality the game allows.  I also feel that the above-suggested change to the .ini files would have made a difference, had those been implemented.

Forno's Vault Girl v0.4d (1080p vanilla compression).7z

14 hours ago, Fredas said:

Alright.  It took a couple of hours, because there is no automated means for performing the necessary process, but I have converted every 1080p texture in the mod to the vanilla compression, just for this one outlier.  Chances are good that this will work on your PC.  You will need to install this as the 1080p package without "High Resolution Screens" support, as those are the only ones I converted.

I need to take a moment to underscore how unique of a problem it is that your game (or your PC) would refuse to display textures if they aren't happily of a specific compression.  This could perhaps be solved for real by reinstalling the game from scratch and making certain not to select anything but the highest quality the game allows.  I also feel that the above-suggested change to the .ini files would have made a difference, had those been implemented.

Forno's Vault Girl v0.4d (1080p vanilla compression).7z 28.51 MB · 1 download

I should really thank you for working so hard for my one issue and all that,it must've been tough on ya and i apologize for the inconvenience i caused ya

Also to add another thing:i have tried reinstalling and verifying file integrity before commenting on this threat, i checked out every possible issues my lobotomite brain could've thought of and then i commented here (Reinstalling,verifying files,checking if there's leftovers from other mods etc etc)

Quick edit:I tried it again with the OG mod files (not the one you sent now) and IT WORKED. i'm now 100% sure  the problem was the iTexMipMapskip being set to 1 instead of 0. it works LMAO

Edited by RanchoRelaxo10

I'm getting crashes on the splash screen. I have all the dependencies, as well as having them up to date. i have tried running the game with just the bare essentials ( the mod, TTW, and dependencies.) any idea what could be causing this? Thank you for your time.

EDIT: I tried installing the one Vaan released over on Nexus to see if the same problem would occur, but it did not. don't know if this info is helpful or not, but i didn't think it would hurt to include. any help would be awesome, as i greatly prefer yours over the other version.

Edited by wewuzthrowaway
5 minutes ago, wewuzthrowaway said:

I'm getting crashes on the splash screen. I have all the dependencies, as well as having them up to date. i have tried running the game with just the bare essentials ( the mod, TTW, and dependencies.) any idea what could be causing this? Thank you for your time.

Nope, that's definitely a new one, texture replacements causing a CTD.  You might try installing lower quality (1080p) from the file I provided a few posts up.  In it, I converted everything (in the 1080p version) to pure vanilla and it seemed to help another fellow with a completely different issue he was having.  The other thing to try is to ensure your game was installed with "high" quality settings.  Per the installation help page that you had to skip through to install the mod, there are a couple of settings in the game's ini files which may dictate this, and changing them to 0 might be all you need to do.

10 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Nope, that's definitely a new one, texture replacements causing a CTD.  You might try installing lower quality (1080p) from the file I provided a few posts up.  In it, I converted everything (in the 1080p version) to pure vanilla and it seemed to help another fellow with a completely different issue he was having.  The other thing to try is to ensure your game was installed with "high" quality settings.  Per the installation help page that you had to skip through to install the mod, there are a couple of settings in the game's ini files which may dictate this, and changing them to 0 might be all you need to do.

No luck. ill have to keep experimenting. Thank you for your help regardless Boss. I appreciate it a lot

1 minute ago, wewuzthrowaway said:

No luck. ill have to keep experimenting. Thank you for your help regardless Boss. I appreciate it a lot

Could try temporarily renaming the NVSE folder.  I can't imagine textures by themselves causing a CTD, but maybe some of the background maneuverings are throwing your setup for a loop.

7 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Could try temporarily renaming the NVSE folder.  I can't imagine textures by themselves causing a CTD, but maybe some of the background maneuverings are throwing your setup for a loop.

it worked. That right there is why you're the best Boss! The one and only! 

on a serious note thank you. i would be lost without people like you.

2 hours ago, wewuzthrowaway said:

it worked.

Well hang on.  The stuff in NVSE is kind of important, so it's probably best if we can figure out what's not installed correctly.  I guess the first step would be to check the jip_ln_nvse.log in FNV's root folder, after loading a game save.  You'll find "gl_Forno_Fredas" along with either "Success" or "Failure".

7 hours ago, Fredas said:

Well hang on.  The stuff in NVSE is kind of important, so it's probably best if we can figure out what's not installed correctly.  I guess the first step would be to check the jip_ln_nvse.log in FNV's root folder, after loading a game save.  You'll find "gl_Forno_Fredas" along with either "Success" or "Failure".

cant find anything in the JIP log for this mod, im guessing because i cant launch without renaming the NVSE folder, all i can get is NVAC keeps throwing me an error. not sure if this helps or not.20220905103020_1.jpg.3510155a82f11966ef133d71ad49482e.jpg

I noticed while going through Dead Money there is a pip OS error for "In My Footsteps"

I don't know if there is a fix I could do on my end but I figured I'd throw this here.

ScreenShot1.jpg