Forno & Fredas' Sexy Vault Girl Interface - Alternative Release -

6 hours ago, Fredas said:

This mod depends on being up to date with JIP-LN, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOffNVSE and, since you're obviously using it, VUI+.  A convenient way of knowing for the first three is to grab the SUPDate Checker mod from Nexus.  If you're up to date on all of those, then I'm not sure, but it could be worthwhile to try a lower resolution installation.  The resolution of Pip-Boy icons in-game follow this descending order: 4K + "High Resolution Screens" support; 4K without "High Resolution Screens" support; 1080p + "High Resolution Screens" support; and finally 1080p without.

Welp, i've updated everything as you suggested, but it still doesn't work correctly and shows the same issues as before. I've even tried to put the 1080p resulution, but for some reason it doesn't help, even tho i can use mods like Consistent Pipboy Icons which i think has the same resolution. Anyway, thanks for your help, atleast now i can kinda see the stats, lol 

ScreenShot13.bmp

20 minutes ago, cummoner657 said:

Welp, i've updated everything as you suggested, but it still doesn't work correctly and shows the same issues as before.

I've just tried an install using your chosen settings (naked + layout 6) and it works fine.

1V0lwM.jpg

My next suggestion is going to be this: Start a brand new game on a mod loadout that has nothing but VUI+, a fresh install of Forno's Vault Girl, and their dependencies.  Assuming it works fine, which is a near certainty, you can then try taking your normal mod loadout and steadily removing mods until you've discovered which one is causing the issue.

5 minutes ago, Fredas said:

I've just tried an install using your chosen settings (naked + layout 6) and it works fine.

Hide contents

1V0lwM.jpg

My next suggestion is going to be this: Start a brand new game on a mod loadout that has nothing but VUI+, a fresh install of Forno's Vault Girl, and their dependencies.  Assuming it works fine, which is a near certainty, you can then try taking your normal mod loadout and steadily removing mods until you've discovered which one is causing the issue.

k, i'll let you know in some min

41 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Reveal hidden contents

1V0lwM.jpg

sorry if i'm bothering you, but can you please send me your load order or which mods are you using? because even with the base game and some plugins it gives me errors. I've even re-installed New Vegas but it doesn't help 

18 minutes ago, cummoner657 said:

sorry if i'm bothering you, but can you please send me your load order or which mods are you using?

I'll list what I used (in addition to this mod) in my attempt to install Forno's Vault Girl on an empty loadout:

PLUGINS:: FalloutNV.esm DeadMoney.esm HonestHearts.esm OldWorldBlues.esm LonesomeRoad.esm GunRunnersArsenal.esm TribalPack.esm MercenaryPack.esm CaravanPack.esm YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp MODS:: OneTweak NVAC New Vegas Tick Fix Johnny Guitar NVSE 4.80 JIP LN NVSE 56.65 YUP - Base Game and All DLC 12.4.1 Vanilla UI Plus 9.20

I wasn't even using a memory manager (ENBoost, New Vegas Reloaded, NVTF's manager).  Unfortunately, even this barebones loadout wasn't enough to cause this mod to have the issues you're experiencing.  I even tried it without NVTF just to be thorough.

The perk icon garbage looks like something wrong with VRAM.  A last thing you could try is renaming the NVSE directory.  This will stop the mod's background functions, but since one of those involves repositioning perk icons, perhaps even that is somehow causing issues on your system.  I'll add that the odd positions of your avatar's limbs is something that could happen only if: You installed the "vault suit" version of the mod and are using the files from said, but have replaced the icon files with those from a "naked" installation.  Which in turn implies that your installation of this mod is mixed up from at least two separate tries.

14 minutes ago, Fredas said:

The perk icon garbage looks like something wrong with VRAM.  A last thing you could try is renaming the NVSE directory.  This will stop the mod's background functions, but since one of those involves repositioning perk icons, perhaps even that is somehow causing issues on your system.  I'll add that the odd positions of your avatar's limbs is something that could happen only if: You installed the "vault suit" version of the mod and are using the files from said, but have replaced the icon files with those from a "naked" installation.  Which in turn implies that your installation of this mod is mixed up from at least two separate tries.

Probably are those two thing, cuz i have an old PC and also cuz i've tried several times to fix the problem on my old save, obviously failing all the time. By the way, thanks you very much and even tho i probably will not be able to download successfully the mod i'm very glad you tried to help me. Guess i'll use 0.3, not a big loss for now

9 minutes ago, cummoner657 said:

Probably are those two thing, cuz i have an old PC and also cuz i've tried several times to fix the problem on my old save

What I will do for future releases is take it for granted that the user might have mixed up multiple different installations, and override everything rather than only the things the user should need on a clean install.  This may at least sort out the stats avatar through brute force in cases like this.

13 minutes ago, Fredas said:

What I will do for future releases is take it for granted that the user might have mixed up multiple different installations, and override everything rather than only the things the user should need on a clean install.  This may at least sort out the stats avatar through brute force in cases like this.

that's going to be very helpfull for people who may be in my same position, that's very appreciated

also, if i can give a little suggest for the mod, i'd make more simple the installation of it, like, you guys have a lot of options and resolutions and it could be confusing to pick the right things, so it would be better to put all 4k things in a phantomatic 4k folder, the 1080 in one as well and so go on

something like this: 

Forno's Vault Girl -> fomod/configs and then 1080/1080 HR/4K/4K HR; inside of them there will be all file of that resolution

even the alternative artworks are a bit complex and annoying to install, you know: open the folder, open the dds., see if you like it, check the original in the other folder to see if it's better, and only after this procedure you will decide to download the alt. The only thing i could think about it it's putting the jpg of the original and the alternative of that specific file inside the folder of the thing you are going to replace. 

Like: ALT_StrBack -> ORI_Strback.jpg and ALT_Strback.jpg, then the texture folder with all files. 

Edited by cummoner657
41 minutes ago, cummoner657 said:

also, if i can give a little suggest for the mod, i'd make more simple the installation of it, like, you guys have a lot of options and resolutions and it could be confusing to pick the right things, so it would be better to put all 4k things in a phantomatic 4k folder, the 1080 in one as well and so go on

You know, this actually gives considerable insight on the issue you're having.  This mod is set up with a FOMOD, which is to say the installation process is supposed to be a series of menus that walk you through everything.  Like this:

1VB8TP.jpg

Those individual "4K" "1080p" "Alt" etc. directories aren't for your consumption—they're categories I set up for the sake of the FOMOD installer.  If you've really been trying to plug everything in manually all this time, then it's very little wonder that you've been running into trouble.

FOMOD is old.  Mod Organizer 2, the only mod organizer I will ever endorse, is able to recognize a FOMOD-ready mod and enact the installation process automatically.  I can't speak for lesser mod organizers.  So regarding your suggestions about organization, suffice it to say that I have dumped a huge amount of time into setting everything up as organized and informatively as I possibly can.

For some reason it is not working with my DarnUI. I am using the ModDB DarnifiedUI Update latest version as suggested, but all the pictures bleed off the screen. I have tried with the High Resolution screens mod & without it. No change happens. Am I doing something wrong here?

This is how it looks, even though I picked the Darnified option in the installer :(

Icon.jpg

Edited by MotokoKHammond
1 hour ago, MotokoKHammond said:

Am I doing something wrong here?

You get that when your script extenders aren't up to date.  JIP-LN, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOffNVSE.

Definitely going to be adding some checks for this stuff in the next release.

You get that when your script extenders aren't up to date.  JIP-LN, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOffNVSE.

Definitely going to be adding some checks for this stuff in the next release.

I downloaded & installed it all today. So I have no idea how that could be the case. I will try reinstall them AGAIN lol see if it makes any difference :S

Nope, re-downloaded everything including DarnUI & still same issue. Jip-LN Version 56.72. Johnny Guitar version 4.85. ShowOffNVSE version 1.46-b. Unofficial DarNified UI Update release Jul 30 2022. I am also using TTW Version 3.3.2. oh & High Resolution Screens version 1.1.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by MotokoKHammond
26 minutes ago, MotokoKHammond said:

I downloaded & installed it all today. So I have no idea how that could be the case. I will try reinstall them AGAIN lol see if it makes any difference :S

The script isn't running.  Check your jip_ln_nvse.log to confirm (look for "Run Script : gl_Forno_Fredas.txt >>").  Check the console log (` key in-game) to see if perhaps there is anything said about a function not working.

26 minutes ago, Fredas said:

The script isn't running.  Check your jip_ln_nvse.log to confirm (look for "Run Script : gl_Forno_Fredas.txt >>").  Check the console log (` key in-game) to see if perhaps there is anything said about a function not working.

I don't seem to have a jip_ln_nvse.log file anywhere in my install. *shrugs* This is all my console is showing btw.

Untitled-1.jpg

27 minutes ago, Fredas said:

This will be in the game's installation directory, along with all the other log files.

OK found the file thanks. this is what it says.

NVSE version:    6.28
JIP LN version:    56.72

Run Script : gr_Forno_Fredas_Init.txt >> SUCCESS
Run Script : gr_JIPRM.txt >> SUCCESS
Run Script : gl_Forno_Fredas.txt >> FAILED
Run Script : gl_Forno_FredasB.txt >> SUCCESS

5 minutes ago, MotokoKHammond said:

I was just noticing in your screenshot that you don't have anything else loading.  But then again I only listed a few of them as requirements so that's pretty much my bad.

I'm pretty sure you need SUP NVSE.  But as a general rule, get all of that stuff, since you'll never know what mod needs what and it's all transparent to the game anyway, and almost all of them have their own bugfixes.  AnhNVSE, yUI, lStewieAl's Tweaks, ISControl Enabler, SUPdate Checker... Somebody should make a proper guide.

I was just noticing in your screenshot that you don't have anything else loading.  But then again I only listed a few of them as requirements so that's pretty much my bad.

I'm pretty sure you need SUP NVSE.  But as a general rule, get all of that stuff, since you'll never know what mod needs what and it's all transparent to the game anyway, and almost all of them have their own bugfixes.  AnhNVSE, yUI, lStewieAl's Tweaks, ISControl Enabler, SUPdate Checker... Somebody should make a proper guide.

I will try that thankyou. x. Will let you know how it go's.

UPDATE: just installed everything you told me to, still getting the same issue :(

NVSE version:    6.28
JIP LN version:    56.72

Run Script : gr_Forno_Fredas_Init.txt >> SUCCESS
Run Script : gr_JIPRM.txt >> SUCCESS
Run Script : gl_ISControl.txt >> SUCCESS
Run Script : gl_Forno_FredasB.txt >> SUCCESS

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by MotokoKHammond
24 minutes ago, Fredas said:

There's something missing in your installation.  You could probably solve it by starting from scratch, but I can't do anything more without your PC in front of me.  So overwrite the mod with this in your load order:

Forno's Vault Girl as plugin (DARN).7z 3.98 kB · 0 downloads

I will try that :S

OK good news bad news. Good News... The stats screen is working correctly with the plugin you provided. Bad news is... None of the other tabs are. lmao xD

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by MotokoKHammond
26 minutes ago, MotokoKHammond said:

None of the other tabs are. lmao xD

You definitely need to think about reinstalling everything from scratch.  I'm not saying this would solve your problems, but the bottom line is that the problems you're experiencing should not be happening, and I have no other candidates for why.  DarnUI is definitely capable of scaling icons, just like VUI.

1VoJxQ.jpg

If you're in a hurry, this can probably be solved by installing the mod as 1080p.

16 minutes ago, Fredas said:

You definitely need to think about reinstalling everything from scratch.  I'm not saying this would solve your problems, but the bottom line is that the problems you're experiencing should not be happening, and I have no other candidates for why.  DarnUI is definitely capable of scaling icons, just like VUI.

1VoJxQ.jpg

If you're in a hurry, this can probably be solved by installing the mod as 1080p.

I believe I did install the 1080p icons. BUT I will force Vortex to reinstall the mod so I can reselect the options to make sure. The thing is there is a reason you saw so little in my console menu. It's cus there is practically nothing installed. I started my TTW install today. I installed TTW, the essential NVSE plugins, then started installing UI stuff, which included this mod & BOOM! this issue poped up :S I mean I am willing to reinstall again, but considering I have like 10 mods installed I don't know what difference it will even make sadly :( I guess DarNUI just hates me. I have used this mod with VUI+ & had no issues at all. But I wanted DarNUI for the much smaller HUD profile & unified stats tab.

Update: I have it working now. Despite having the High resolution screens mod, It works perfectly with the 1080p icons if I use the "default" version instead. Why this is happening I have no idea :S Maybe you would know more? I am just happy its working at this point.

Edited by MotokoKHammond
8 hours ago, Fredas said:

You know, this actually gives considerable insight on the issue you're having.  This mod is set up with a FOMOD, which is to say the installation process is supposed to be a series of menus that walk you through everything.  Like this:

1VB8TP.jpg

Those individual "4K" "1080p" "Alt" etc. directories aren't for your consumption—they're categories I set up for the sake of the FOMOD installer.  If you've really been trying to plug everything in manually all this time, then it's very little wonder that you've been running into trouble.

FOMOD is old.  Mod Organizer 2, the only mod organizer I will ever endorse, is able to recognize a FOMOD-ready mod and enact the installation process automatically.  I can't speak for lesser mod organizers.  So regarding your suggestions about organization, suffice it to say that I have dumped a huge amount of time into setting everything up as organized and informatively as I possibly can.

lmao, i'm only seeing this now. i really can't even process how stupid i've been for like a whole day, trying to put all those files "correctly" in any possible way by myself. Btw, i'll try to download MO2 and then i'll let you know if everything works fine, thanks you again. 

41 minutes ago, cummoner657 said:

lmao, i'm only seeing this now. i really can't even process how stupid i've been for like a whole day, trying to put all those files "correctly" in any possible way by myself. Btw, i'll try to download MO2 and then i'll let you know if everything works fine, thanks you again. 

FINALLY IT WORKS

at first it didn't and showed the same errors as before, but after i've disabled the plugin of the mod, all perks shown up, the only thing that still is a bit strange are the stats