Forno & Fredas' Sexy Vault Girl Interface - Alternative Release -

3 minutes ago, cummoner657 said:

at first it didn't and showed the same errors as before, but after i've disabled the plugin of the mod, all perks shown up, the only thing that still is a bit strange are the stats 

The latest version doesn't need the .esp file.  You should clean out everything from your past installs—every folder, including the config—and re-install it cleanly.  Reason being the first time you load a game with the mod installed, it makes some hard changes based on how you installed it.  I have safeguards built in, but in this case, I think it'd be best to start fresh.

3 hours ago, MotokoKHammond said:

Despite having the High resolution screens mod, It works perfectly with the 1080p icons if I use the "default" version instead. Why this is happening I have no idea :S Maybe you would know more?

Yes.  The details you're looking for are provided in the installation package.  But to clarify here:

The "High Resolution Screens" mod itself does only one thing: It eliminates the "720p filter" which the Pip-Boy (and character creator) are normally stuck with.  This filter is normally responsible for making the Pip-Boy's graphics look like they're running on an Xbox 360.  The "High Resolution Screens" mod has no impact on whether a UI will display properly or not.

As noted in the installer, 1080p "default" means the icon resolution is 256x256 in the Pip-Boy, and swaps to 450x450 in the level-up menu.  The reason for using this process is exhaustively elaborated in the mod description.  Meanwhile, the "High Resolution Screens" version of the 1080p option dispenses with the 256x256 icons and uses 100% 450x450, for both the Pip-Boy and the other menus, in order to fully support what the "High Resolution Screens" mod enables.  That's the difference—in the Pip-Boy, 1080p "default" is 256x256, and 1080p "High Resolution Screens" is 450x450.  Now, the issue with your installation is that DarnUI is, for whatever reason, not scaling icons properly if they're over 256x256, which means you're stuck with 256x256, aka 1080p "default".

Incidentally, given how your setup isn't scaling icons properly in the Pip-Boy menu, there's no reason to expect icons to display correctly in the other menus (level up, etc.).  Should that prove to be the case, you can turn off the 450x450 swapping feature in the configuration file.

14 hours ago, Fredas said:

Yes.  The details you're looking for are provided in the installation package.  But to clarify here:

The "High Resolution Screens" mod itself does only one thing: It eliminates the "720p filter" which the Pip-Boy (and character creator) are normally stuck with.  This filter is normally responsible for making the Pip-Boy's graphics look like they're running on an Xbox 360.  The "High Resolution Screens" mod has no impact on whether a UI will display properly or not.

As noted in the installer, 1080p "default" means the icon resolution is 256x256 in the Pip-Boy, and swaps to 450x450 in the level-up menu.  The reason for using this process is exhaustively elaborated in the mod description.  Meanwhile, the "High Resolution Screens" version of the 1080p option dispenses with the 256x256 icons and uses 100% 450x450, for both the Pip-Boy and the other menus, in order to fully support what the "High Resolution Screens" mod enables.  That's the difference—in the Pip-Boy, 1080p "default" is 256x256, and 1080p "High Resolution Screens" is 450x450.  Now, the issue with your installation is that DarnUI is, for whatever reason, not scaling icons properly if they're over 256x256, which means you're stuck with 256x256, aka 1080p "default".

Incidentally, given how your setup isn't scaling icons properly in the Pip-Boy menu, there's no reason to expect icons to display correctly in the other menus (level up, etc.).  Should that prove to be the case, you can turn off the 450x450 swapping feature in the configuration file.

I dunno why my DarNUI is not scaling them though :( This is the version I am using, it is literally the only version of Darnified UI I could even find.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unofficial-darnified-ui-update/downloads/unofficial-darnified-ui-update-fnv1

58 minutes ago, MotokoKHammond said:

I dunno why my DarNUI is not scaling them though

Nor do I.  It's something can can be either troubleshooted or restarted from scratch, but the latter depends on being 100% confident nothing else you've done or added is interfering with the mod's intended functionality.  Since you're still having trouble with an ostensibly clean restart, something is interfering and you don't know what it is.  Remember, whatever's wrong with your setup is also preventing some script functions from working, at least outside a plugin, which has a chance of causing issues down the road just as it does with Forno's Vault Girl.

I would normally suggest contacting the author for advice, but in this case I'll decline.  The official DarNified UI mod thread on TTW has been locked and the mod removed for over a month, so I imagine the mod and its support are in a state of flux currently.

Hello!

I'm sorry if it sounds really stupid, but the mod has some glitches.

The Challenge perk icons give a default picture and the crippled interface (when you suddenly lose a limb) is not working as it should ( legs are thick, head and face are seperate from each other and arms are wide)

Can you please point me on where should I fix this?

By the by, amazing mod

15 minutes ago, haha nothing special said:

Can you please point me on where should I fix this?

Find jip_ln_nvse.log in FNV's root directory.  Look for "gl_Forno_Fredas.txt >>".  It will probably say "FAILED", indicating that your script extenders are missing or not up to date.  You want to have all of them current as a general rule.  The ones this mod needs include: JIP-LN NVSE, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOffNVSE, SUP NVSE.

1 hour ago, Fredas said:

Find jip_ln_nvse.log in FNV's root directory.  Look for "gl_Forno_Fredas.txt >>".  It will probably say "FAILED", indicating that your script extenders are missing or not up to date.  You want to have all of them current as a general rule.  The ones this mod needs include: JIP-LN NVSE, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOffNVSE, SUP NVSE.

I have checked the files and it didn't say that there was an error. The perks are now active, I didn't know I have to install SUP NVSE. Thank you.

But the Crippled interface hasn't changed a bit as showed on this pictureimage.png.fab32492ebcdb91112a171d99cae54ba.png

Edited by haha nothing special
7 minutes ago, haha nothing special said:

But the Crippled interface hasn't changed a bit

I'll need a screenshot, as well as your installation settings: High Resolution screens / default; 4K package / 1080p package; Vault Suit / Naked; Layout 1/2/3/4/5/6.  

1 hour ago, haha nothing special said:

But the Crippled interface hasn't changed a bit as showed on this picture

The issue is that The HUD Editor has made a very bad assumption about cripple HUD icons.  One which the author should definitely sort out.

I can make a patch for The HUD Editor but it's going to be a long project.

1 hour ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

I'm really not sure what i'm doing wrong but i've been at this for 6 hours straight because i fucking NEED THIS. I NEED IT BADDDD WHAT AM I MISSING

The position of the limb meters in screenshot32 tells me the script isn't being successfully executed, which you can investigate by taking a look at jip_ln_nvse.log in your Fallout New Vegas directory.  Look for gl_Forno_Fredas.txt in the log.  It also means the paperdoll file is somehow being ignored.  The graphical anomalies suggest a RAM issue.

There are a few steps that one is well-advised to take in order to bring FNV up to speed.  Although I am not overmuch a fan of Viva New Vegas because of its promotional and somewhat arbitrary selections, it's probably the most convenient resource for getting one up to speed.  Just off the top of my head, you really should have already installed NVAC, NVTF, and probably also lStewieAl's Tweaks.  Patch for 4GB.  And so on.  The guide will help.  (Just avoid items that don't sound like stability or bug fixes.)

After getting situated, something else I would suggest is trying out Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll on Nexus (with Forno's Vault Girl unchecked).  Whether it works or has issues, it will be informative.

Crap thank you so much i tried it with a full modded save but then i saw the suggestion of using a clean slate with just the required mods that i completely forgot the stability patches and tweaks

Though i can confidently say that i've checked the JIP log and it's all success so i'm very sure it's the fact that j didn't get the mods you mentioned

14 minutes ago, RanchoRelaxo10 said:

Does that mean that my laptop's too weak for this? Sorry i'm very new to FNV modding

Your new screenshot indicates that the scripts are now working.  What about stats (INT, Lockpick etc.)?  Also, you should try my earlier suggestion and see what kind of results you get from Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll on Nexus.  Again, with Forno's Vault Girl unselected.

Im using the 4k option and the menu when looking at perks or skills gets very sluggish, is it supposed to be like that? My pc is quite powerful though so that shouldn't be a problem also when I choose the option to put the player's name next to the left side of the screen but it still stays next to the leg

23 minutes ago, sneederfeeder said:

Im using the 4k option and the menu when looking at perks or skills gets very sluggish, is it supposed to be like that?

It's loading a 900x900 image with every adjustment to your selection.  If you don't have the mod installed on an SSD, I can't recommend it.  Use the regular (non-"High Resolution Screens") version, which will cause the Pip-Boy icons to be regular old 512x512.  That said, even I notice the slight delay.  It's a few frames rather than being basically instantaneous.  It's not a distraction, given the boon of having truly crystal clear artwork in the Pip-Boy, but it's also non-zero.  That's why there are options.

27 minutes ago, sneederfeeder said:

also when I choose the option to put the player's name next to the left side of the screen but it still stays next to the leg

You may have done something during installation, such as trying out multiple different things, which ultimately resulted in the configuration file dictating the default layout (hugging the leg).  You only need to change this setting to "2" to get the layout you prefer.

27 minutes ago, Fredas said:

You may have done something during installation, such as trying out multiple different things, which ultimately resulted in the configuration file dictating the default layout (hugging the leg).  You only need to change this setting to "2" to get the layout you prefer.

I checked the config file, it's set as 2, maybe its conflicting with another ui mod though, ill have to check

17 minutes ago, sneederfeeder said:

I checked the config file, it's set as 2, maybe its conflicting with another ui mod though, ill have to check

When you say "hugging the leg", do you mean exactly that, or is the name actually partially buried in the model?  Because if it's the latter, then the issue is that the script isn't running, and the usual solution to that is to update your script extenders.

But yeah, other UI shenanigans could definitely override things.  That said, I could whip up a patch that would override them in turn, if that turns out to be what's going on.

4 minutes ago, Fredas said:

When you say "hugging the leg", do you mean exactly that, or is the name actually partially buried in the model?  Because if it's the latter, then the issue is that the script isn't running, and the usual solution to that is to update your script extenders.

But yeah, other UI shenanigans could definitely override things.  That said, I could whip up a patch that would override them in turn, if that turns out to be what's going on.

Yeah exactly its buried under the model's leg, just updated the script extenders though but to no luck

34 minutes ago, sneederfeeder said:

Yeah exactly its buried under the model's leg, just updated the script extenders though but to no luck

Check jip_ln_nvse.log in the Fallout New Vegas folder.  Look for "gl_Forno_Fredas.txt" in the log.  "Failure" means something related to script extending is not up to date or is otherwise not being allowed to function correctly.  "Success" means something in your loadout is tweaking the character name's position dynamically.  The latter can be sorted out by systematically unchecking mods until it stops happening.  Or, assuming scripts are working, if you don't want to mess with untangling your load order, I can whip up a patch that forces the issue and probably would take care of the positioning in this case.

9 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Check jip_ln_nvse.log in the Fallout New Vegas folder.  Look for "gl_Forno_Fredas.txt" in the log.  "Failure" means something related to script extending is not up to date or is otherwise not being allowed to function correctly.  "Success" means something in your loadout is tweaking the character name's position dynamically.  The latter can be sorted out by systematically unchecking mods until it stops happening.  Or, assuming scripts are working, if you don't want to mess with untangling your load order, I can whip up a patch that forces the issue and probably would take care of the positioning in this case.

Oh yeah it says this

"Run Script : gl_Forno_Fredas.txt >> FAILED
Run Script : gl_Forno_FredasB.txt >> SUCCESS" 

Not sure why though jip ln is definitely up to date right now

1 hour ago, sneederfeeder said:

Not sure why though jip ln is definitely up to date right now

You need these: JIP-LN NVSE, JohnnyGuitarNVSE, ShowOff NVSE, SUP NVSE.  As I have often repeated in this thread, it's a good idea to keep all of the script extenders up to date, not just the ones needed by Forno's Vault Girl.  The next version of the mod will have checks/warnings for anything missing.

12 hours ago, Fredas said:

Your new screenshot indicates that the scripts are now working.  What about stats (INT, Lockpick etc.)?  Also, you should try my earlier suggestion and see what kind of results you get from Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll on Nexus.  Again, with Forno's Vault Girl unselected.

Clean Vault Boy Paper Doll works fine ,It all went well no issues whatsoever so what's wrong with this? Also Int,Lockpick, Etc are all bugged out. Just anything from this is bugged out

Edit:I tried downloading it again directly on my laptop instead of on mobile and then sending it to laptop and well same results

Edited by RanchoRelaxo10