Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

I found the game will be more stable running without the skeleton.hkx file. Having the file in animates the breast bones and makes the effect more prominent, but it doesn't prevent the mod from animating regardless of animations.

Basically in short for those having stability problems try running the mod without the HKX and see if you're more stable.

so delete the skeleton.hkx then. how about the skeleton_female.hkx? leave that alone right?

Yeah I tried that too and for the 3 times that the game worked I noticed a bit of an improvement in stability but it did nothing to stabilize the save files.

kk deleted the skeleton.hkx file now will go back and check it out. I was having major crush butt then I got this going again and it seemed to correct the problem.  i'm using the 9-28 though.

It's been a while but the version I have is 7-22 when it first came out and now I'm confused about everything on how to install the latest version, because I get ctd as soon as the save-game loads. Which is weird because 7-22 worked and I have a tbbp body. Just what is the exact way to set-up?

It's been a while but the version I have is 7-22 when it first came out and now I'm confused about everything on how to install the latest version, because I get ctd as soon as the save-game loads. Which is weird because 7-22 worked and I have a tbbp body. Just what is the exact way to set-up?

I would highly recommend just sticking with the 7-22 release. I as well as others have already posted numerous times that the newest versions of this crash the game anytime you load a saved file. You can try it and perhaps it will work for you but then again do you really want to load your game 9 or 10 times before you can successfully load a saved file just to have it crash 10 minutes later when you enter a new cell? From what I noticed with the newest version, when I had it installed and it was actually working correctly, the only noticeable changes were the way the breasts jiggled and perhaps the fact that the belly also moved especially when you are pregnant. That being said the 7-22 release already does a great job with boobs and though I haven't noticed if the belly also moves I don't much care, I honestly don't see the advantages to upgrading. I would much rather just wait for a stable release and upgrade then.

I'm running the latest experimental version with no crashes at all. Dream Girl tbbp body with xpms 1-81 from the nexus. I also run RLOPlus and edit the enblocal.ini as suggested. I don't remove the skeleton, I do use xp32 bbp enabled animation pack and also the alternate walk1 file located here on LL and the Castansitic and High Elf idle version: Highe Elf v5. No crashing and totally stable.  I get jiggle on the butt and breast movement which looks very natural.

I'm running the latest experimental version with no crashes at all. Dream Girl tbbp body with xpms 1-81 from the nexus. I also run RLOPlus and edit the enblocal.ini as suggested. I don't remove the skeleton, I do use xp32 bbp enabled animation pack and also the alternate walk1 file located here on LL and the Castansitic and High Elf idle version: Highe Elf v5. No crashing and totally stable.  I get jiggle on the butt and breast movement which looks very natural.

Yeah it seems erratic. For some people it works fine and for others not at all. As I already posted, I tried this on a clean install of skyrim where I only had this and the CBBE TBBP bigbelly50 body from bodyslide installed and I had crashing all over the place. 

Do you have any other SKSE plugins? 

nioverride.dll <-- used in racemenu

hdtHighHeelNative.dll

Fuz Ro D'oh.dll

MfgConsole.dll <-- sexlab 1.24

I am running 9-28. Aside from crash on exit (which has never affected a savegame or configuration) I have never had any problems at all.

When I tried any of the dev versions, I have no problems except the exit crash.

The exact way to set up is in the op of this thread, as was the 7-22.

For testing the different releases, I would recommend the following.

1. Install Mod Organizer, in my sig.
  2. Use MO to create an HDT Testing profile with Local Savegames... meaning that the saves only exist for that profile.
  3. Copy saves from your main profile to the Testing profile.
  4. Use the Testing profile to see how it affects your game, the saves, all of that.
  5. If you're having problems, start unchecking mods to see when/if the problem stops.
  6. Your main game is still completely intact in your main profile.

And this is only to be absolutely sure that you don't have any problems. I don't do this because I've never had a problem. 

It really wouldn't surprise me if the problem was hardware related. I find it extremely difficult to believe that the range of inconsistency between people is based on high-level software. I mean it works flawlessly for some no crashes or any other problems with ten hundred various mods installed while others cant get it running AT ALL on a lean/clean install of the game? Got to be low-level software (drivers) or hardware.

My hardware:

i5 2300 2.8ghz

6g ram

Nvidia GTX 560 (1gb vram) on PCIE 16x (Gen2)

Driver 326.80

Do you have any other SKSE plugins? 

nioverride.dll <-- used in racemenu

hdtHighHeelNative.dll

Fuz Ro D'oh.dll

MfgConsole.dll <-- sexlab 1.24

Yes, I use HDT heels and nioverride(racemenu) but not Fuz Ro Da or MFG Console

I am running 9-28. Aside from crash on exit (which has never affected a savegame or configuration) I have never had any problems at all.

When I tried any of the dev versions, I have no problems except the exit crash.

The exact way to set up is in the op of this thread, as was the 7-22.

For testing the different releases, I would recommend the following.

1. Install Mod Organizer, in my sig.
  2. Use MO to create an HDT Testing profile with Local Savegames... meaning that the saves only exist for that profile.
  3. Copy saves from your main profile to the Testing profile.
  4. Use the Testing profile to see how it affects your game, the saves, all of that.
  5. If you're having problems, start unchecking mods to see when/if the problem stops.
  6. Your main game is still completely intact in your main profile.

And this is only to be absolutely sure that you don't have any problems. I don't do this because I've never had a problem. 

It really wouldn't surprise me if the problem was hardware related. I find it extremely difficult to believe that the range of inconsistency between people is based on high-level software. I mean it works flawlessly for some no crashes or any other problems with ten hundred various mods installed while others cant get it running AT ALL on a lean/clean install of the game? Got to be low-level software (drivers) or hardware.

My hardware:

i5 2300 2.8ghz

6g ram

Nvidia GTX 560 (1gb vram) on PCIE 16x (Gen2)

Driver 326.80

I'd like to think that your right but then again I am running on a pretty good rig myself:

i7-3930 3.20GHz

16GB ram, quad-channel

Nvidia GTX 660Ti

most recent graphics drivers

And I do have the 7-22 release working just fine. It is only the newest versions that sully the game experience.

Me too,i don't think it's either hardware nor an HDT physics extention plugin problem.I have a rather decent machine also 

i7 4770 4rth gen @3,4Ghz

16Gigs@1600MHz ram

120Gb SSD

NVIDIA GTX 770

Latest drivers

and though i thought that v9-28 was my problem for CTDs at while loading save files, i started again a new game to see how it goes also abandoning several scripted mods.My playthrough till my first visit to Dragonsreach was fine without any glitches,fps drops,CTDs, no anything and i thought, great, i solved my case,until i quited the game.After trying to load from my last save file,there it was again, i had returned to the realm of repeated, random CTDs while loading saves.Wheather i was loading with or without HDT,or disabling mods,enb,deleting my ini files,launching from original launcher to create new inis and tampering with them afterwards,rerunning boss,cleaning mods with tesvedit,none of it mattered.My ctds while loading save files are completely random.I load the same file 4 times in a row with succes (after quiting to desktop) only  to discover after that my next 4 effords are going to be mixed by succeses and loses.I even tried loading saves with All mod deactivated (only official dlcs and unofficial patches but it didn't matter.Some times loading my last save becomes so difficult that i will have to load my previus one once or twice and afterwards load my last one with succes.Anyway my papyrus log is spammed with warnings that i can't pinpoint their origin

For anyone who is willing to take a look!

and my load order

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm=1
BBLuxurySuite.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
EABleedhanE_1_0.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
SGHairPackBase.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
WinterholdDestruction.esm=1
XFLMain.esm=1
Xvision Children.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
Orc&ElfFix4TBBP.esp=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Better Dynamic Snow.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Sound.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
Immersive Battles.esp=1
Immersive Brigands.esp=1
Immersive Dawnguard.esp=1
Immersive Dragonborn.esp=1
Immersive Factions.esp=1
Immersive Mercenaries.esp=1
Immersive Patrols.esp=1
Immersive Travelers.esp=1
Immersive Werewolves.esp=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
Moss Rocks.esp=1
SabreFurBag.esp=1
SexLabMatchMaker.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp=1
BBP_ArmorPack.esp=1
BBP_ArmorPack2.esp=1
NordicSkaalHeavyFalmerWeightFix.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dawnguard.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Vanilla Replacer - Dragonborn.esp=1
Remodeled Armor - Underwear.esp=1
DeadlyDragons.esp=1
SkyRe_Main.esp=1
SkyRe_Combat.esp=1
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp=1
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp=1
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp=1
BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp=1
BBLSapachii.esp=1
BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp=1
BBLSspouse.esp=1
BBLSVisitors.esp=1
BBLSMotseerOutfits.esp=1
BBLSmusic.esp=1
BBLuxurySuiteClassier.esp=1
BBLuxurySuiteClassierDisplayRoom.esp=1
BBLSSummerWear.esp=1
Perfect Whiterun_outside district by ReVan1199.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
When Vampires Attack.esp=1
ShezriesBreezehome.esp=1
Sweet&Sexy Lingerie.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
whiterun spruce by revan1199.esp=1
BlockSparkles.esp=1
Breezhome_bed_fix.esp=1
Differently Ebony.esp=1
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
Headtracking.esp=1
PalistovSpinningArrows.esp=1
PalistovSpinningArrows_Dawnguard.esp=1
Proper Aiming.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Light.esp=1
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp=1
ExpandedWinterholdRuins.esp=1
CinematicFireFX.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
PrivateNeeds.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp=1
UltimateCombat.esp=1
dodge.esp=1
Dual Wield Parrying_ScriptDragon.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Dawnguard Edition.esp=1
SG Hair 220 AllinTwo.esp=1
dagi_raht_race.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
XFLDialogue.esp=1
XFLPlugins.esp=1
Alexina.esp=1
Amame_follower.esp=1
Aranya.esp=1
Bee_V.esp=1
Xvision Children - Complete.esp=1
SupermodelSkyrim.esp=1
SupermodelDawnguard.esp=1
SBF All In One + DLC.esp=1
HousecarlSolitude.esp=1
Kate.esp=1
LC2013.esp=1
EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp=1
EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp=1
Follower Trap Safety.esp=1
CharacterMakingExtender.esp=1
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp=1
khajiit_replacer.esp=1
getSnowy.esp=1
WATER.esp=1
WATER Plants.esp=1
WATER DG.esp=1
WATER DB Waves.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1
ReProccer.esp=1
Grass_On_Steroids_SFO-SHORT.esp=1
EABleedhanE_1_0.esp=1
Rosette.esp=1
PrivateNeeds-Sexlab.esp=1
Pinup Poser.esp=1
SNSDPoser1.esp=1

I use the latest SKSE and the plugins i have are CharacterMakingExtender_plugin,MfgConsole,showRaceMenu_preCacheKiller,SKSE_Elys_Uncapper,UltimateCombat along with the HDT physics extention ones, depending on my troubleshooting

take note, I didn't say OLD hardware or SLOW or BAD or the like. My point was more about chipset compliance than some measure of capability or power or newness.

You can have the exact same nvidia chipset, but MSI and Giga use different hardware level configs, bios', firmwares, all that, and it can make the difference in how the math chipset deals with the physics . . . 

. . . of a plugin to an addon to an game engine that was never intended to deal with rigid-body physics. Basically 

There's a lot going on under the hood here, so to speak. I mean thinking about it in terms of car engines, SKSE is an outer frame that is bolted on to the engine, adding say an electrical system and it's own cooling system . . . and HDT is like a compressor for air conditioning based on the SKSE frame. What? Exactly.

Does HDT requre specific addressing on the math chip to be performed a certain way in order to operate? or does it (somehow) rely on the LACK of it?

There's really no telling. It wouldn't surprise me if the skse team couldn't tell you. But I'll bet if you had a different video card laying around and you installed and used it, that your in-game problems would change significantly.

ENB is different in that it does very little if anything that relies on or changes the game directly. Its my understanding that it basically catches and changes the video output between the game software and the video card. HDT attempts to change the game, within the game, using a set of tools/instructions that are (for lack of a better word) bolted on after the fact. Tons of factors in there.

No shit, monsto. My own hardware is barely adequate (i7 @ 3 gHz with 4 gb system RAM, Asus/Ati 7870 with 2 gb VRAM etc. etc.), but I'm still running 32-bit Win XP. Call me cheap, call me sentimental, it's what I've got. I truly don't understand why HDT is working so well for me, with or without skeleton_female.hkx, with or without ENBseries--though NOT without ENBoost--and yet other users are having all kinds of problems with it.

Apart from a couple of early-early versions (pre 7-22) and the first of two that HydrogensaysHDT posted around October 1st--he was having a busy day, I think it was only up for an hour or so--I've been trouble-free. It's a real mishmash, all right, but then the PC version of Skyrim seems to be held together with chewing gum & duct tape.

[ Edit: Afterthoughts 'R' Us Dept. In an earlier post I said that replicating the vertical bounce & jounce of 7-22 was quite easy if you tweaked variables this & that. Turns out I was mistaken. Nothing I've found yet will add a significant up & down factor to the more recent .dll files. ]

Yeah, turns out I was wrong about having the latest graphics drivers. Just installed the new drivers and installed the 9-28 release. Still have the load problem except instead of CTD right at load I now get about 3-4 seconds to briefly note that my housecarl standing next to me is stuck in the T-pose. Then the game CTD. Rolling back to 7-22 release. I wonder what would cause the actors to go in to the T-pose?

i got everything custom and hkx  and didn't have ctd ( i used all files to test) 

The only one time ctd i have, with custom followers confliction.all versions work normal in archives.Its clearly mod conflicts.

Yeah, turns out I was wrong about having the latest graphics drivers. Just installed the new drivers and installed the 9-28 release. Still have the load problem except instead of CTD right at load I now get about 3-4 seconds to briefly note that my housecarl standing next to me is stuck in the T-pose. Then the game CTD. Rolling back to 7-22 release. I wonder what would cause the actors to go in to the T-pose?

THat is caused by the behavior files either being wrong, outdated or otherwise damaged. DO you have FNIS installed and if so have you run the generate for users?

THat is caused by the behavior files either being wrong, outdated or otherwise damaged. DO you have FNIS installed and if so have you run the generate for users?

Yes, I most definitely have FNIS and the most current one at that and I only ever run the 'for users' copy of FNIS.

I wonder if behavior files and FNIS could be causing problems. I avoided FNIS back when Skyrim was bugging out on me, and haven't found a particular need for it since. As for behavior files, I toasted nearly all of mine when Dragonborn started acting weird and crashing at the drop of a 'Levitate to Neloth's 2nd Floor'. Couldn't mine any more, had problems getting to & from Solstheim, couldn't whack the critters there or navigate Hermaeus Mora's domain etc. etc.

Going native (i.e. vanilla) for a while might be worth a shot.

Yes, I most definitely have FNIS and the most current one at that and I only ever run the 'for users' copy of FNIS.

have you ripped rip everything out? everything?

Install the body mesh and related outfits, tbbp anims, xpms, hdt. That's as vanilla as it can get.

If you are getting t-pose, then there's some other mod in the way with skeleton, anims, behaviours, something. If you rip it down to minimum, then add things 1 at a time, you'll be able to see what mod is at fault.

"I can't do that, I have ten hundred mods installed!"

well, then i would say that you can't JUST lay the blame on HDT

If you follow the Testing instructions I laid out above, you can easily do it. OTOH If you're using NMM then nevermind that I ever brought it up.

Would any errors be logged in the dump file by chance. Frankly I don't have a clue to view what's in there.

Not necessarily. HDT added some output to it, but I couldn't tell you if it showed what needs to be seen by the average person needing to fix problems.

Perhaps I could approach this differently. First not to rail on your testing method, I think it is great but I don't have Mod Organizer, I tried it for a while but it gave me a damn headache. Perhaps I can try to upgrade one release at a time from 7-22 and then when the shit hits the fan someone smarter than me can tell me what changes were made in the earliest version of HDT that doesn't work. Then knowing what was causing problems in the file I could then find which mods would affect those settings? Does that make any sense or am I just an idiot. If I am don't be afraid to say it.

Archived