Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

Done.

Mostly I don't have any major issue with HDT.

However, I got deform left breast when NPC/Follower walk.  Not sure what is the cause but don't think that it came from skelaton.  The deform stop if HDT disable but I rather let it be (like the bouncing).  :D

Done.

Mostly I don't have any major issue with HDT.

However, I got deform left breast when NPC/Follower walk.  Not sure what is the cause but don't think that it came from skelaton.  The deform stop if HDT disable but I rather let it be (like the bouncing).  :D

couple of pages ago your concern  was resolved

I have a small question for better understanding (sorry, first time I dabble in NifSkope :/ )

When I want to add hdt to either the first person skeleton or an armor, do I need to create a special hdt.xml or can I simply use the official one that comes with HDT? In that case, could I simply point to the one in SKSE plugin folder?

I tried with the first person skeleton, copying the official xml into the _1stperson folder and following the instructions but no jiggle. The Doc did not indicate wether I NEED to adjust anything for 1st person resp. for armors or not (e.g. clean out stuff, etc). For the moment I am fine with the default values so no need for me to adjust that...

Any hint or help would be greatly appreciated.

In case it is relevant:

I use

- Groovtama's Skeleton and also tried xp32's new 19b/c version on top of it (in various combinations via ModOrganizer).

- 7Base Bombshell (currently TBBP Deamon V3 variant)

- HDT Physic Extension 10.14

couple of pages ago your concern  was resolved

About delete skeleton.hkx and skeleton_female.hkx?

When I want to add hdt to either the first person skeleton or an armor, do I need to create a special hdt.xml or can I simply use the official one that comes with HDT?

In that case, could I simply point to the one in SKSE plugin folder?

You don't add it to the skeleton, only the mesh. And yes you can point to the official one in the SKSE plugin folder.

When I want to add hdt to either the first person skeleton or an armor, do I need to create a special hdt.xml or can I simply use the official one that comes with HDT?

In that case, could I simply point to the one in SKSE plugin folder?

You don't add it to the skeleton, only the mesh. And yes you can point to the official one in the SKSE plugin folder.

Doh! no wonder I failed so far!

Thanks a million for the clarification, Vioxsis :blush:

Hey, xp32, glad you're taking an interest in HDT. It may be that FNIS is needed to make your .hkx file work the way it's supposed to: my PC looked good until she started sneaking. Then I got all kinds of weird distortions around the breasts, thighs, and pelvis. The skeleton_female.nif you uploaded recently (on the XPMS thread) seems to work fine with CBBE++ (TBBP), so no problem there. The fact is, HDT physics seem more lively without any .hkx, at least with my setup, so I generally don't use it.

The crushing problem on one side of the actor only has something to do with how the spheres and capsules are oriented. Havok always generates the spheres using a single direction instead of doing symmetry on limbs. I'm nearly finished with my other maxscripts and it seems like that isn't a problem anymore. Even when you add bones that are symmetrical with their pivots, transforms and whatever the tools still want all the enclosing capsules to be pointed in the same direction. The only thing I have left to make is a script that rebuilds the skeleton to stop the scaling problems nif importers have. Content tools doesn't like it when you mirror things and it forces your mirrored object to use the same instance data from your original limb so to havok it looks like you only have one set of limbs and no mirrored copy; stupidest thing ever.

I MAKED A SURVEY. PLEASE TAKE IT.  Link

It's a support survey with all of 3 questions. If you take it, we may be able to see some kind of trend in the problems people are having.

Ok, 4 questions . . . #4 asks your HW config.

Your survey doesn't cover my situation.

1) The release dated 10-10 seems best, 7-22 was good, in between varied heavily. 10-10 results in the fewest crashes, best appearance. Didn't log all results closely enough, and I wasn't taking notes, so exactly quantification of previous versions is impossible.

2) I shuffled some things around, and the system overall seems more stable now. At least for the last few days. The change primarily consisted of moving everything that used SKSE/scripts above the 128th slot in the load order. This is due to a bug in SKSE where scripts fail to initialize correctly if the mod is loaded after the 128th slot. This should be fixed in the next SKSE release, and is a known issue, at least according to one SKSE dev. I had never heard of it though.

3  10-10 works. I'll not be going back to re-test previous releases.

Hope that's of some help.

A question directed at HDT, but if anyone else knows it would be appreciated. Does the dll dynamically swap skeletons to apply the effect to NPC's? The reason I ask is I've seen male npc's that appear to have the female skeletons and idles. I started noticing it when weapons started clipping badly on some npcs.

A question directed at HDT, but if anyone else knows it would be appreciated. Does the dll dynamically swap skeletons to apply the effect to NPC's? The reason I ask is I've seen male npc's that appear to have the female skeletons and idles. I started noticing it when weapons started clipping badly on some npcs.

Yeah, I've started to notice this as well. I encounter male bandits in female bodies. Seriously the wierdest shit ever. The worst part is when knocks you down and tries to rape you. Then you end up being screwed by a man-faced woman with a gruff man groan.

Yeah, I've started to notice this as well. I encounter male bandits in female bodies. Seriously the wierdest shit ever. The worst part is when knocks you down and tries to rape you. Then you end up being screwed by a man-faced woman with a gruff man groan.

well i can safely say my issue isnt related to the bodies swapping just the skeleton, but i think i found the problem for it, there was a weaponadjustment.hkx in my male anims folder removing it seems to have fixed my issue.

No kidding it's the weirdest shit. I've never seen anything remotely like it, and I'd bet money HDT Physics isn't responsible. A bad interaction between HDT & some other mod(s), maybe...

Sounds like your game setup needs the Skyrim equivalent of castor oil.  ;)

I dunno if this helps but this happened to me.

Using 9-28, everything appears stable, working with ENB, playable for extended periods, but crash on exit.

Then began to CTD when I toggle tab for inventory.

I can play for about 5 miniutes, everything fine but at any given TAB I may CTD.

Went to 7-22 everything works fine.

In what ever state this becomes,

I can't live without this mod.

Archived