3BA 2.40 - How to turn off belly physics for good?

It doesn't matter what I do, I still get belly physics in CBPC and I don't know what else to try.

• Zeroed all belly related values in CBPCollisionConfig and CBPCollisionConfig_Female. Still getting belly physics for many animations.
  • Commented NPC Belly and NPC Spine1 in Node lists and their collision capsules. Still getting belly physics.
  • Comented all lines in CBPConfig_belly.
  • Set amplitude in CBPConfig_BellyAmplitude to zero.
  • Commented BellyBulgeNodes.

Not only I'm getting belly bulges in quite a lot of sex animations, but I even get some weird Z-axis displacement when walking (it's quite noticeable how the belly goes up when I stop walking).

Is there any way to turn belly physics for good? 

In older versions of 3BA it was quite simple and effective, but nowadays there are so many options I don't even know if I'm doing something wrong :S

No use trying to switch to SMP, the bulging there is even worse! And I don't even know what to change in there, since belly nodes are commented by default.

Edited by Papitas
13 minutes ago, Papitas said:

It doesn't matter what I do, I still get belly physics in CBPC and I don't know what else to try.

• Zeroed all belly related values in CBPCollisionConfig and CBPCollisionConfig_Female. Still getting belly physics for many animations.
  • Commented NPC Belly and NPC Spine1 in Node lists and their collision capsules. Still getting belly physics.
  • Comented all lines in CBPConfig_belly.
  • Set amplitude in CBPConfig_BellyAmplitude to zero.
  • Commented BellyBulgeNodes.

Not only I'm getting belly bulges in quite a lot of sex animations, but I even get some weird Z-axis displacement when walking (it's quite noticeable how the belly goes up when I stop walking).

Is there any way to turn belly physics for good? 

In older versions of 3BA it was quite simple and effective, but nowadays there are so many options I don't even know if I'm doing something wrong :S

No use trying to switch to SMP, the bulging there is even worse! And I don't even know what to change in there, since belly nodes are commented by default.

I've asked this multiple times on different platforms and the replies all boil down to two options, modify the body mesh in nifskope OR use a different body replacer.

I would like to also keep an eye on this thread in case another option presents itself.

17 minutes ago, dbs156 said:

I've asked this multiple times on different platforms and the replies all boil down to two options, modify the body mesh in nifskope OR use a different body replacer.

I would like to also keep an eye on this thread in case another option presents itself.

Is it really that bad?

I suppose it's a matter of modifying the physics meshes or returning to the version where it was actually possible to disable belly physics (fortunately, it was a 2.x version, so I wouldn't lose sliders).

EDIT: v2.06, was the last one I know it was possible to totally disable them.

Some versions in between that and newer versions may work as well, but I need to test them one by one.

Edited by Papitas
43 minutes ago, Papitas said:

Is it really that bad?

I suppose it's a matter of modifying the physics meshes or returning to the version where it was actually possible to disable belly physics (fortunately, it was a 2.x version, so I wouldn't lose sliders).

EDIT: v2.06, was the last one I know it was possible to totally disable them.

Some versions in between that and newer versions may work as well, but I need to test them one by one.

I haven't gotten around to learning about mesh physics myself. I've gotten in SE only recently so I the first 3BA version I installed was one of the latest. I am worried about reverting to older 3BA versions because I use this plugin and it specifically mentions 2.31 in the requirements and users also report it is incompatible with the current version of 3BA.

6 hours ago, bnub345 said:

You might try setting all of the belly settings to a really small value, like 0.1, and see if that works.

Tried that as well and... still getting bulges ?

I've been testing commenting also lines that include the Spine 2 bone. 

As for now, it seems it has finally worked, but I may be wrong. 

Bulges seem to have disappeared from sex animations (needs more testing), but that weird Z displacement while walking is still there. 

I'll try later to simply move the belly collision mesh out of the way and see what happens :v 

5 hours ago, Papitas said:

Bulges seem to have disappeared from sex animations (needs more testing), but that weird Z displacement while walking is still there. 

Set this line to 0 to disable belly bulging. But this is from the second to the last version so it may or may not be different from version 2.40 that you are using.

image.png.237bf74ca88a08acbf48d753634429c2.png

4 hours ago, dbs156 said:

Set this line to 0 to disable belly bulging. But this is from the second to the last version so it may or may not be different from version 2.40 that you are using.

image.png.237bf74ca88a08acbf48d753634429c2.png

Yep. That was one of those settings that didn't deactivate it. 

Seems I finally managed to get this.

By disabling both NPC Spine1 and NPC Spine2 nodes and collision capsules it seems the belly bulge is gone for good for both SMP and CBPC.

Can't get rid of the Z displacement while walking, but it's WAY less intrusive, so I'm satisfied as is.

2022-07-18 10_44_49-CBPCollisionConfig.txt - Notepad2.png

2022-07-18 10_48_00-CBPCollisionConfig.txt - Notepad2.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 12:07 AM, coldsun1187 said:

Same problem here and your fix worked for me.  What a pain in the arse. I mean, looks like freaking alien is about to burst from her stomach and is not immersive at all.

Ugh, IKR.

I know kink shaming is a no-no, but forcing your own kinks on unsuspecting people is way worse in my opinion.

On 9/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, Ryo95 said:

I found your topic when looking for a solution for this problem, and your fix worked, so thanks! Have you found a way to disable the Z displacement when walking by now?

Not yet.

And I haven't tested if moving the belly physics mesh out of the way would work.

I'm not playing Skyrim right now.

Maybe I'll try some weeks later or something.

1. Open CBPCMasterConfig.txt
  2. Locate the NPC Belly key under the ConfigMap section i.e. "NPC Belly=Belly"
  3. Find the file that contains the physics definitions (i.e. Belly.*) for your belly profile. It's in one of the CBPConfig_*.txt files.
  4. Comment out both Zmaxoffset and Zminoffset values for your belly preset.
  5. If those do not exist, comment out both maxoffset and minoffset for your belly preset.

If that does not work, disable smp and test again.

Edited by traison
10 hours ago, Ryo95 said:

I tried your solution traison, but it did not work.

With "Z displacement" I assume you mean up/down movement?

1. If you have not been inspecting the contents of the cbpc profile files you've downloaded it's possible there's more than 1 belly preset in the various CBPConfig*.txt files. Easiest way to disable all is to comment out the mapping itself under the ConfigMap section in CBPCMasterConfig.txt.
  2. Also try disabling X rotational.
  3. If it's still not gone, and you're sure smp is also gone, then just remove all linear and rotational lines you find belonging to the belly preset.
  4. If it's still not gone, disable cbpc.
  5. And again, if it's still not gone then it's probably a part of the animation itself.

Might also help to see the effect, if you're able to make a video of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late but, I figured it out. When you are installing 3BA it should give you some different options to choose from in the fomod for what body parts will use SMP/CBPC. Choose the one that has all SMP except belly as CBPC. Then go into the configs like you've already done and turn everything to zero. No more belly movement at all, no bulge, no swaying, no bouncing, nothing.

Edited by AlleyCa7
On 10/15/2022 at 11:31 AM, AlleyCa7 said:

I'm a bit late but, I figured it out. When you are installing 3BA it should give you some different options to choose from in the fomod for what body parts will use SMP/CBPC. Choose the one that has all SMP except belly as CBPC. Then go into the configs like you've already done and turn everything to zero. No more belly movement at all, no bulge, no swaying, no bouncing, nothing.

Thanks!

Let me recap to see if I understand correctly:

Basically I need to install everything as SMP but check belly as CBPC, then remove the spine nodes.

Am I right?

1 hour ago, Papitas said:

Thanks!

Let me recap to see if I understand correctly:

Basically I need to install everything as SMP but check belly as CBPC, then remove the spine nodes.

Am I right?

The option is called heavy 1 or something when you get to that part of the 3ba fomod. After you're done installing 3ba you go into the files OP mentioned in their main post and change everything to 0.

Edited by AlleyCa7
  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, AlleyCa7 said:

After you're done installing 3ba you go into the files OP mentioned in their main post and change everything to 0.

So with your method, do you not need to comment out (disable) the spine nodes? 

Basically you're saying: Just change "BellyBulge=" 0 and use SMP Heavy physics? Trying to confirm whether I should be disabling those spine nodes (that I have no idea what they actually do). I will enable them if I only need to change BellyBulge to 0 while using SMP Heavy settings (full SMP minus belly). I think that's what OP was trying to figure out when he/she replied to you asking: 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:20 PM, Papitas said:

42 minutes ago, Nohrin said:

So with your method, do you not need to comment out (disable) the spine nodes? 

Basically you're saying: Just change "BellyBulge=" 0 and use SMP Heavy physics? Trying to confirm whether I should be disabling those spine nodes (that I have no idea what they actually do). I will enable them if I only need to change BellyBulge to 0 while using SMP Heavy settings (full SMP minus belly). I think that's what OP was trying to figure out when he/she replied to you asking: 

So I went to check my config files and I must have reinstalled one of my mods that adds the configs back in because my zero'd out changes are no longer there so I cant actually confirm if I disabled the spine or not, but memory tells me I did. I still don't have any belly physics currently though even with the overwritten configs so honestly you may be able to just get away with installing "heavy 1" without modifying the configs.

What I would do if I was you:

1. Zero all belly nodes

2. Save backup of that config

3. Continue and zero the spine

4. Test in game.

5. If things are messed up with spine zero'd, just overwrite the config with the back up you just saved that only has belly zero'd.

• 2 months later...

Those edits I did of CBPCollisionConfig.txt below (that were suggested above) still didn't fix the issue. Any idea what I can do?

3BA's CBPConfig_belly.txt has belly collision values. I tried zeroing them out but it's still happening. I tried setting the belly stiffness to 3.0 in that file but still didn't fix it. 

I tried the mod, "CBBE 3BA 3BBB CBPC Physics Disabler Config Files," the file for disabling belly physics there but that didn't work.

I really dislike this belly bulging out during sex scenes.

You say to "comment out" Spine 1 & 2 in CBPCollisionConfig.txt though all that is show is the existing brackets in red. I tried puting // in front of Spine 1 & 2 like this:
//NPC Spine2 [Spn2]
//NPC Spine1 [Spn1]

//[NPC Spine2 [Spn2]]
//5,3.5,8,8.5 & -5,3.5,8,8.5 | 4,3,8,11 & -4,3,8,11

//[NPC Spine1 [Spn1]]
//2,5.5,2,7.5 & -2,5.5,2,7.5 | 4,5.5,2,8 & -4,5.5,2,8

Edited by ntblood

Thanks. So # would comment out (disable) a line then I guess.
I just tried "commenting out" Spine 1 & 2 in CBPCollisionConfig.txt with # like in the screenshots above, but the issue persists

Oh, there is a "no SOS" physics option in 3BA installation..

but that also doesn't resolve this issue.

I tried No Overpenetration mod. It doesn't seem to fix the belly collision during sex either.

Edited by ntblood
53 minutes ago, ntblood said:

but the issue persists

And...

1. You're sure you're editing the correct file?
    1. You have no other mods overwriting the file you're editing. Something else that takes precedence?
    2. The conditions set in the file actually apply to your character, and it has the highest priority of all those that match your character?
  2. You have CBPC version 1.5.0 or later, and the node used for belly bulges has not changed (again) since then?
  3. The belly bulge is not part of the animation itself?
  4. You've disabled both fake belly bulging and that caused by the collision of the NPC Belly node?
  5. There's no errors in CBPC-Collision.log?
  6. You've disabled CBPC to ensure the effect is actually produced by CBPC and not SMP?
Edited by traison