3BA 2.40 - How to turn off belly physics for good?

I appreciate your input.
Here is a screenshot of it happening.
I've had to install the Bodyslide folder for my mods manually in my game folder as I couldn't get Bodyslide presets to show up otherwise for Skyrim VR (didn't have this issue with FO4 VR).

Let me run the gamut..

1. You're sure you're editing the correct file? 
      -I'm editing the CBPCollisionConfig.txt from 3BA which is winning the conflict with CBPC's file.
    1. You have no other mods overwriting the file you're editing. Something else that takes precedence?  
       -CBPCollisionConfig.txt from 3Ba is Winning the conflict in MO2  (photo in previous link)
    2. The conditions set in the file actually apply to your character, and it has the highest priority of all those that match your character?
      -the little that I understand, my character is male and his belly is not bulging, he's causing the belly collisions with any NPC.
  2. You have CBPC version 1.5.0 or later, and the node used for belly bulges has not changed (again) since then?
    -I have "CBPC v1-5-6" installed & "CBBE 3BA (3BBB) v2-47" installed with the "Only CBPC" install option.
  3. The belly bulge is not part of the animation itself?    
            - it's a collision I'm sure, not part of the animation. It seems to happen at certain angles. If the two bodies are at about 90 degrees there's no real bulging. But when the two bodies are closer to 45 degrees or less the bulging is very bad.
  4. You've disabled both fake belly bulging and that caused by the collision of the NPC Belly node?
    -I don't understand. I just made the edits that were in the screenshots in this thread, with a #, hash mark, before Spine 1 & 2 (maybe I should use semi-colons ; instead of hash-marks # (?). This is how I tried it:

#NPC Spine2 [Spn2]
    #NPC Spine1 [Spn1]

#[NPC Spine2 [Spn2]]
    #5,3.5,8,8.5 & -5,3.5,8,8.5 | 4,3,8,11 & -4,3,8,11

#[NPC Spine1 [Spn1]]
    #2,5.5,2,7.5 & -2,5.5,2,7.5 | 4,5.5,2,8 & -4,5.5,2,8

5. There's no errors in CBPC-Collision.log?
     Not that I can see but here they are, links to full documents:
    CBPC-Collision.log - https://hastebin.com/share/uwumupanav.vbnet
    CBPC-Collision.log0 - https://hastebin.com/share/wicezabaye.vbnet
  6. You've disabled CBPC to ensure the effect is actually produced by CBPC and not SMP?
     No, how do you do that? Just disable the CBPC mod in MO2?  Although, I installed 3BA (3BBB) with "Only CBPC" install option so maybe that takes care of that (?)
Edited by ntblood

Spine1's collision shape is what is "bound" to the BellyBulge config value (fake bulging). However, NPC Belly can also collide with things if its set as an affected node and has a collision sphere. Comment out NPC Belly like you did NPC Spine1.

Also, commenting out NPC Spine2 is not needed as far as I know - I am not aware of it having any special function like Spine1 does.

Edited by traison

Devil's Advocate here -  Ooh! traison brings up something poignant --- what if your skeletal node doesn't have NPC Belly but instead HDT Belly? Have you looked at your CBPCMasterConfig.txt ? See if down at the bottom, there's a:

HDT Belly=Belly=IsFemale()

Could explain why none of your Belly.* variables edits have any effect... Havok is doing it. Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be cool if it was as simple as you commenting every line that define any "Belly" alias in CBPCMasterConfig.txt and this stops all belly physics for every actor, no additional skeletal / bodymesh / config file edits necessary? Worth a shot!

(clearly people have mixed physics systems too, which is why the posted solutions work for some and not others.)

Thank you very much, both of you!  : )
Sex scenes aren't disturbing to watch now : D

In 3BA's CBPCMasterConfig_3BA.txt there is
HDT Belly=HDTBelly=IsFemale()
in the middle of it.

So I just put a #, hash mark, in front of that line..
That seems to fix this glaring issue. Thank goodness!! And thank you people!

What put that HDT Belly line in CBPCMasterConfig_3BA.txt if you don't have it? From the sound of it this is an unusual fix for this issue.

Edited by ntblood
  • 3 months later...

I finally got this to work thanks to the combined info in this guide. I really appreciate everyones help on this. I was messing with the configs in CBPC for a while and nothing was working... i finally figured out that 3BA also has its own CBPC configs in it that i needed to change. Im not sure exactly which step fixed it but i pretty much did it all and finally got bellies to be immobile. Thanks again everyone

I appreciate all the info in this thread as well. It's kind of crazy that it's this hard to disable the belly physics. I can't imagine there's that many people that like to watch the girl's stomach bulging a foot out of her stomach when she gets penetrated (I watch hentai too so I know there's a market for that kind of thing) by a normal sized cock. I get it, if she's getting like... you know. Horsed. lol

• 1 month later...

Summary (for anyone searching for this)

Disable the HDT Belly in both CBPCMasterConfig.txt and CBPCMasterConfig_3BA.txt files by adding a # at the start of those lines:

1. Open CBPCMasterConfig.txt, search for the line HDT Belly=Belly=IsFemale() which is almost at the end of the file and change it to #HDT Belly=Belly=IsFemale().
  2. Open CBPCMasterConfig_3BA.txt, search for HDT Belly=HDTBelly=IsFemale() (should be around line 7) and change it to #HDT Belly=HDTBelly=IsFemale().

That's all.

No need to mess with other belly or spine nodes or whatever.

• 2 months later...

DON'T USE FNIS SEXY MOVE 4

This was the last piece of the puzzle for me.

The main problem I was trying to solve was my player character's belly would pop up and down jarringly while moving.  

I disabled the spines, put # in front of the HDTs, zeroed out all the belly stuff in all the config files I could find.

I would still get the annoying belly pop until I changed from FNIS Sexy Move 4 to FINIS Sexy Move 6.

This was the last thing I suspected. FNIS Sexy Move 4 has been my favorite option, but it seemed to be the problem. No more annoying belly pop up and down while moving.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:21 PM, Papitas said:

Ugh, IKR.

I know kink shaming is a no-no, but forcing your own kinks on unsuspecting people is way worse in my opinion.

Being honest about what you don't like isn't shaming. I don't know why people say that. I'm indifferent to the bulging, but I agree that it does look weird, especially with something that's normal sized. Why would a human sized penis or strap on cause that? Also, why isn't that feature something that can be turned off? Those are my questions.

7 hours ago, DeadJester226 said:

Being honest about what you don't like isn't shaming. I don't know why people say that. I'm indifferent to the bulging, but I agree that it does look weird, especially with something that's normal sized. Why would a human sized penis or strap on cause that? Also, why isn't that feature something that can be turned off? Those are my questions.

It can be turned off, its just that:

1. A lot of players don't bother to learn how to configure physics.
  2. There's multiple ways to create this effect. It seems current default settings come with at least 2 of them enabled at the same time, which is bad imo.
  3. We got multiple physics systems that a lot of players now use at the same time.
  4. Theoretically any mod you download can change the way your physics work. This applies to both SMP and CBPC.

On the cbpc side of the tracks, the reason why the bulge looks weird and/or inconsistent with small sizes is that the fake belly bulge effect is not implemented like volume displacement. It's still a collision. Meaning, depending on how the dong bends and where your collisions shapes are, a pencil can cause a larger bulge than a dragon "sword". I have been meaning to change this at some point but I haven't gotten around to it. The pussy used to work the same way, but we fixed that a while back.

Edited by traison
  • 3 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:03 AM, traison said:
  • Open CBPCMasterConfig.txt
  • Locate the NPC Belly key under the ConfigMap section i.e. "NPC Belly=Belly"

I spend over an hour to finally, FINALLY disable this stupid belly bulge and it's usual config changes didn't do anything.  I can't thank you enough for these parts.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2023 at 9:48 PM, ntblood said:

Thank you very much, both of you!  : )
Sex scenes aren't disturbing to watch now : D

In 3BA's CBPCMasterConfig_3BA.txt there is
HDT Belly=HDTBelly=IsFemale()
in the middle of it.

So I just put a #, hash mark, in front of that line..
That seems to fix this glaring issue. Thank goodness!! And thank you people!

What put that HDT Belly line in CBPCMasterConfig_3BA.txt if you don't have it? From the sound of it this is an unusual fix for this issue.

Is this just for the belly bulge or for belly physics in general? If it's for the physics in general, I'm still getting them. Here's the screenshots of the files edited with the # so you can make sure I did this right.

jar6yANl_o.png

M0WcMJdu_o.png

16 hours ago, CrowOfItachi said:

Is this just for the belly bulge or for belly physics in general? If it's for the physics in general, I'm still getting them. Here's the screenshots of the files edited with the # so you can make sure I did this right.

jar6yANl_o.png

M0WcMJdu_o.png

That is what mine looks like without the edit, no values.

As for the rest of you, I'm an old man, you guys are so many light years ahead of me you might as well be another star out there in the universe.

I labored for my time in the worker drones colony, these things took up whole rooms and buildings they spat out punch cards, then guys in white lab coats would stand around reading them, chin in hand saying, Hmmm, or Okay, but that's when I was young and sharp enough to learn about this. 

My PC upgraded to W 11 and I am unhappy as everything is not the same as 10 visually, or some locations.

In other words, I am confused and that is not when to make changes to anything, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks though, I at least have a concept now. Why would the Mod makers leave something like that unadjusted? Just so we would have something to B*%#$ about?!

Edited by Raven 54
7 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

Why would the Mod makers leave something like that unadjusted? Just so we would have something to B*%#$ about?!

Probably. It doesn't make sense to me, either.

13 hours ago, CrowOfItachi said:

You mention both there, so it tells me nothing.

Well the short answer is both, depending on your config. Collisions will not work if the node hasn't been mentioned in a CBPCMasterConfig*.txt file. If the node is linked to a valid physics preset, then that phyics preset defines how its going to move.

Edited by traison