AAF Dangerous Nights: Dialogue Revamped!

View File

AAF Dangerous Nights: Dialogue Revamped!
Requires AAF Dangerous Nights and all of its dependencies

Info:

The Dangerous Nights mod fills a gap in the Fallout 4 adult scene, being awoken by either friends or enemies for consensual or non-consensual surprise sex depending on your preferences chosen in the Mod Configuration Menu.  As such, I felt that it needed a little bit of tending to in order to provide more immersion where the dialogue is concerned.

This mod is a plugin replacement which requires the original mod Dangerous Nights 0.38 by Jahem_Kinkaid.  It changes most of the original dialogue with lines that attempt to improve the grammar and structure as well as attempt to be a little more lore friendly.  My intent was to both make it easier to parse and comprehend.

I tried to maintain the spirit and ideas of the original text where it made sense to do so, but a small number of the lines have been changed more significantly.  I also cleaned up a couple of the messages that appear in the upper left corner, but some of those may be inside scripts which I decided not to alter.  Only the plugin has been changed.  

If you have any technical questions or issues with the original mod, please direct them to the Support Thread for AAF Dangerous Nights.  I would prefer to only handle issues surrounding the dialogue changes here.  If you have suggestions about the dialogue feel free to hit Get Support on this download page and drop me a note!

Please note that the screen shots were taken prior to a final spelling check, and the word defenseless has been corrected.  I will own my mistake and leave it there.  Any other spelling errors aren't my problem.  Well, maybe.  Just tell me and I'll fix them. :P

Samples:

Here is an example.  You can find all of the changes in the text file embedded below.

Old Line:
"Sure, dear. And as sign of this... Go to me, my horny follower..."
New Line
"Of course, dear.  I can't wait.  Bring that horny ass over here!"

The changes are quite extensive so I am providing a plain text file that you can download and read at your leisure, if you want everything spoiled.

This text file was created before the final pass through.  The spelling and grammar is fixed in the published patch (unless I missed something).

DangerousNights.txt

Requirements:

Fallout 4 ;)
AAF Dangerous Nights - The original mod is required!  I am only providing a replacement plugin.
- The latest supported version is 0.38 -
Read, Follow and Install all of the requirements for the original mod.

Installation Instructions:

1. Follow the Fucking Manual™️ [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide, you are probably going to want all of the animation packs (Except possibly Farelle)

2. Install AAF Dangerous Nights (Read and follow the original mod page and get that working first)

(Recommended Safer Method)

- Install "Dialogue Revamped" as a higher priority than the original, while keeping the original enabled.  The plugin I am providing is the full plugin from the original mod, so if it has a higher priority in your mod manager then you should start seeing the updated dialogue.  If you install it this way it would be much easier to revert back to the original mod's dialogue if you don't like the changes, by just disabling this mod's entry in your manager (e.g. on the left hand side of Mod Organizer)

OR

(Live on the edge)

- Merge the included esp into your existing Dangerous Nights mod folder.

Thank You:

@Jahem_kinkaid - for the original mod and giving permission to post this dialogue patch!
And big big thanks to all the people that make AAF work, and the AAF Discord for helping others get their pixels to fuck!
Special Thanks to @Saya Scarlett for all of her work on the guide!

And thank you!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    05/06/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Fallout 4, MCM, F4SE, AAF, Animations, AAF Dangerous Nights

I also wanted to thank Achroi for volunteering to help test this patch!

Please let me know if you have any questions about it and I hope you enjoy it!

One other note: The message in the first screen shot "You're desperate for another hit of machine fluids" is from the great mod by spicydoritos,  Better Living Through Cumistry.  I had to include it as it made for a nice story intro.  That mod pairs nicely with Dangerous Nights, as you can get your "hit" in at the start of the day ;)

Edited by Marg597
more info

Thanks! If I'm being honest, bugs aside (which have probably been fixed since), the hard-to-follow dialogue is probably the main reason I uninstalled DN originally after trying it briefly. Definitely going to give it another chance with this  fix-up.

Thanks everyone for having so much interest in the dialogue changes.  I'm pretty blown away that it's already been downloaded over 450 times.

I wanted to make special mention that the original mod has its "quirks" and I'm trying to compile a list of known issues in the support thread.  Please be sure to check my post there as well as the preceding posts so that you are informed about the issues that can occur.  Some folks that are downloading the dialogue changes already know about many of the issues, as the mod itself hasn't changed.  But for anyone trying Dangerous Nights for the first time, it's good to inform yourself.  This mod might not fit into every load order.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't stand the dialogue from the original and much prefer this one, however not sure if something is working correctly.

First, did this revamp disable Dogmeat as a companion. I didn't like how the original he physically talks to you, granted I always played it off as my character being somewhat delusional from being alone in the Commonwealth, however with the update installed, it just times out with Companion couldn't reach you, even if he's standing right next to me. I wouldn't mind something like "Dogmeat stares at you with lust in his eyes." and various dialogue to start.

Second, I cannot seem to get randoms to appear after updating. The only one I got to trigger was Piper, and well she got rough with me (even tho companion Raper is set to off...).

Third... I maybe didn't install it right? Maybe? Ok, so original mod installed. Using MO or NMM, install the Revamp and hit override and it installs the new one. (which I assume is living on the edge part). The other was install it and just put it above the original in load order, it has the same name as the original so I'd assume rename the file and then add it and put it higher?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 12:48 AM, Neodarkside said:

I couldn't stand the dialogue from the original and much prefer this one, however not sure if something is working correctly.

First, did this revamp disable Dogmeat as a companion. I didn't like how the original he physically talks to you, granted I always played it off as my character being somewhat delusional from being alone in the Commonwealth, however with the update installed, it just times out with Companion couldn't reach you, even if he's standing right next to me. I wouldn't mind something like "Dogmeat stares at you with lust in his eyes." and various dialogue to start.

Second, I cannot seem to get randoms to appear after updating. The only one I got to trigger was Piper, and well she got rough with me (even tho companion Raper is set to off...).

Third... I maybe didn't install it right? Maybe? Ok, so original mod installed. Using MO or NMM, install the Revamp and hit override and it installs the new one. (which I assume is living on the edge part). The other was install it and just put it above the original in load order, it has the same name as the original so I'd assume rename the file and then add it and put it higher?

I never used NMM.  But with MO you should just install it by itself and load it after Dangerous Nights on the left side.  Because it uses the exact same plugin, just has changed dialogue.

There shouldn't be any different behavior with the dialogue mod otherwise.  I never tried it with Dogmeat and having companions as raper etc enabled.  But I may try that sometime and see if I can reproduce it.  The MCM settings are a bit wonky.  We're trying to compile a list of known issues in its support thread.  So if you keep having the problem you can post it there.

I don't have any way of changing it so Dogmeat doesn't talk, that would be up to the original author if they are able to come back and update the mod sometime.

I had the mod disabled for awhile and suddenly had Piper asking me for sex right after waking up. Just the dialogue lines appeared, she wouldn't speak to me when I approached her. I re-enabled the mod and it was working fine after that. Had many misfires still, like one had a bunch of Protectrons wake me up, but 2 of the 3 that showed up were shut down so the scene never started.

I had a few times Super Mutants wake me up but it would never start a scene.

4 hours ago, Neodarkside said:

I had the mod disabled for awhile and suddenly had Piper asking me for sex right after waking up. Just the dialogue lines appeared, she wouldn't speak to me when I approached her. I re-enabled the mod and it was working fine after that. Had many misfires still, like one had a bunch of Protectrons wake me up, but 2 of the 3 that showed up were shut down so the scene never started.

I've had both of those issues.  I documented the companion issue here and the work around is that when turning the mod off in the MCM the companion stuff must also be toggled off manually.  It doesn't respect the main toggle of off.

The supermutants were tricky.  I don't know what the secret is yet.  I tested it a few times, and some of the time they were too far away, or they were there and the scene wouldn't start.  I suspect that there just aren't enough supermutant animations, and maybe the mod is calling for a scene that there isn't an animation for.  I didn't get a chance to dive into that one any farther.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
23 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I've had both of those issues.  I documented the companion issue here and the work around is that when turning the mod off in the MCM the companion stuff must also be toggled off manually.  It doesn't respect the main toggle of off.

The supermutants were tricky.  I don't know what the secret is yet.  I tested it a few times, and some of the time they were too far away, or they were there and the scene wouldn't start.  I suspect that there just aren't enough supermutant animations, and maybe the mod is calling for a scene that there isn't an animation for.  I didn't get a chance to dive into that one any farther.

I know one of my major complaints about the original and why I often times just disable the mod entirely is it can cause a major bug, not game breaking but just seriously annoying. Every now and then if a wake up rape scene occurs but the enemy doesn't actually appear and the mod says the scene couldn't be started and Dangerous nights will reset, many times it DID spawn in the enemies but it made them invisible. Happened awhile back where 2 gunners would always be near me when I zoned into a new area however they'd be invisible and wouldn't do anything as they were passive.

Right now I know it bugged out on me again because Curie and Piper keep commenting on protectrons. however I can't reproduce the fix I did last time. Last time with the gunners I zoned into an area and clicked everywhere with console command typed kill.

40 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

I know one of my major complaints about the original and why I often times just disable the mod entirely is it can cause a major bug, not game breaking but just seriously annoying. Every now and then if a wake up rape scene occurs but the enemy doesn't actually appear and the mod says the scene couldn't be started and Dangerous nights will reset, many times it DID spawn in the enemies but it made them invisible. Happened awhile back where 2 gunners would always be near me when I zoned into a new area however they'd be invisible and wouldn't do anything as they were passive.

Right now I know it bugged out on me again because Curie and Piper keep commenting on protectrons. however I can't reproduce the fix I did last time. Last time with the gunners I zoned into an area and clicked everywhere with console command typed kill.

Wow... I haven't had that one happen to me yet but thanks for documenting it.  How did you know the gunners were there, were they making comments?

18 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Wow... I haven't had that one happen to me yet but thanks for documenting it.  How did you know the gunners were there, were they making comments?

All I recall from that was I'd zone into a settlement and settlers would often scream and run around, none drew weapons or got aggressive. I believe one of my companions was also commenting about them as well. I believe This was also well over a year ago, so my memory on it is kinda meh. All I remember doing was going from the Red Rocket settlement into the Mole cave below, and either they appeared beside me, or I did console command Killall, then found 2 gunner bodies there.

This time I know it was Protectrons because Curie and Piper kept making the comment on them every now and then. Plus I slept outside Goodneighbor one night and they appeared for a rape event, but failed to work. So I reloaded the save and slept again, I believe I missed the error message that time as another mod (Hardcore Mode On which handles food, water, sleep stats popped up telling me food went bad). But since then is when I began noticing companions mentioning Protectrons.

They don't speak, they don't interact at all, and only people near me can sense them. All I know is it happens when the mod fails to spawn a faction near you, it probably DID spawn one, but its invisible and passive.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/9/2022 at 9:43 PM, Neodarkside said:

Hehehe,, Strong got rough with me.  But yeah, I dont have any of these issues, running only origional, installed with MO2. Sounds like you broke the main files.  I'd use MO2 and either "merge" or name change and put later in the load order (overwrite), but dont change the origional install in any way seems smartest, especially for testing.  Now Im too scared to try it ;/, but I will , because I LOVE THIS MOD!!!  Brilliant idea, good options menu, and works flawlessly with all my other AAF mods.  My only complaint is "furniture " doesn't seem to work ?  Anyhow,, going to install "dialog patch " now, wish me luck, will report back.  Keep up the good work, LOVE THIS MOD!

PS:  Just got manhandled by a gorilla , LuLu.  Thought I was supposed to be the beast master,, LuLu made me his bitch.

Edited by Daangerousda