DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune PS4 Modding

For any of those who can actually contribute something, and not just post stupid shit, I've seemed to hit a roadblock with modding. It seems that the tops and the bottoms can be removed from the swimsuits, but it fucks up the mesh, with different swimsuits causing different results. I haven't tried to do this with every available swimsuit, but I did a lot of test runs that I can assume it can possibly be done with all. I tried covering up the oddities by injecting a texture edit from the PC mods, but withouth an actual method of injecting a texture, my attempts just crash the game. Also, Marie cannot be modded at all, and I really tried. I think her body uses a different algorithm for values, that works fine for everyone else, but not her. I'm going to upload these two files here for Ayane and Honoka, they both have a different swimsuit injection to show the difference in oddoties, and work like a regular package file that overwites both their Xtreme Sexy F swimsuits. Maybe somebody more experienced with this shit can hit a breakthrough, or do a better job than me with these. 

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__1.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__2.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__3.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune_.jpeg

AYANETEST.pkg HONOKATEST.pkg

On 6/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, RedactedByUser said:

For any of those who can actually contribute something, and not just post stupid shit, I've seemed to hit a roadblock with modding. It seems that the tops and the bottoms can be removed from the swimsuits, but it fucks up the mesh, with different swimsuits causing different results. I haven't tried to do this with every available swimsuit, but I did a lot of test runs that I can assume it can possibly be done with all. I tried covering up the oddities by injecting a texture edit from the PC mods, but withouth an actual method of injecting a texture, my attempts just crash the game. Also, Marie cannot be modded at all, and I really tried. I think her body uses a different algorithm for values, that works fine for everyone else, but not her. I'm going to upload these two files here for Ayane and Honoka, they both have a different swimsuit injection to show the difference in oddoties, and work like a regular package file that overwites both their Xtreme Sexy F swimsuits. Maybe somebody more experienced with this shit can hit a breakthrough, or do a better job than me with these. 

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__1.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__2.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__3.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune_.jpeg

AYANETEST.pkg 12.75 MB · 4 downloads HONOKATEST.pkg 12.94 MB · 5 downloads

Try with the Illusion set, those are one-piece swimsuits, you should check the Helena nude mod from the OP as well.

6 hours ago, Desire Killer said:

Try with the Illusion set, those are one-piece swimsuits, you should check the Helena nude mod from the OP as well.

I haven't attempted to mod with those swimsuits, because the only available dlc pkg files available on the internet, where encrypted with  code keys by the dumbass who uploaded them (and I'm sure they don't know what the encryption keys are). Although, I've decided to decrypt them on by getting them from my unhacked PS4, and dumped them on my PC, so i'll give it a shot.

I also have the Helena mod that OP posted, the crotch area is obviously see through and missing. Such a shame they're gone, would've wanted to know how they injected a texture into the file.

Edited by RedactedByUser
19 hours ago, Desire Killer said:

I seemed to getting mix results. For Kasumi, it actually removes the entire swimsuit with no issues, but it doesn't seem to work for Marie, there is a small missing texture. I'm assuming this would work fine for all characters except Marie, I don't know why she's a pain to mod with. 

With this, all that's missing is how to do a texture injection with the PC mods, and it should work.

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__7.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__8.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__9.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__10.jpeg

KASUMIMODTEST.pkg MARIEMODTEST.pkg

Alright people, I managed to find a method to inject DOAVV mod textures to the PS4 textures. This is a simple texture change, so don't expect anything like actual 3D nipples(yet). This pkg file replaces Kasumi's Xtreme Sexy F swimsuit. 

There is still the issue where if removing the swimsuit messes up the mesh and leaves see through textures, the texture replace will not cover up the oddities, it will only replace what can be viewed. Some swimsuits work the same for several characters, but the result is never the same, so this leaves me with basically running tests to see which swimsuit can be removed for which character with no missing meshes, so the texture inject can be fully injected.

For now, just stick with this.

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__11.jpeg

DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune__12.jpeg

KASUMINUDEMOD.pkg

1 hour ago, RedactedByUser said:

Alright people, I managed to find a method to inject DOAVV mod textures to the PS4 textures. This is a simple texture change, so don't expect anything like actual 3D nipples(yet). This pkg file replaces Kasumi's Xtreme Sexy F swimsuit. 

There is still the issue where if removing the swimsuit messes up the mesh and leaves see through textures, the texture replace will not cover up the oddities, it will only replace what can be viewed. Some swimsuits work the same for several characters, but the result is never the same, so this leaves me with basically running tests to see which swimsuit can be removed for which character with no missing meshes, so the texture inject can be fully injected.

KASUMINUDEMOD.pkg 13.06 MB · 0 downloads

Great job and I appreciate that you're one of the few that is willing to share their work.

Do you plan on trying to make this work for Venus on Vita and Scarlet for Switch too, or are you strictly focused on Fortune and PS4?

Edited by DaBlackHeartMan
5 hours ago, DaBlackHeartMan said:

Great job and I appreciate that you're one of the few that is willing to share their work.

Do you plan on trying to make this work for Venus on Vita and Scarlet for Switch too, or are you strictly focused on Fortune and PS4?

I don't own a Switch, and I think that version uses a different file format, so sadly I won't be working on that anytime soon. So yeah, I'm strictly going to work on the PS4 version for now, since only editing one character is a HUGE pain in the ass to do. I'll eventually get the other characters here, if someone can provide the files for Leifang and Misaki, I could also do them, as I don't have access to them.

There's also already a vita mod that was made basically like this.

12 hours ago, RedactedByUser said:

KASUMINUDEMOD.pkg 13.06 MB · 6 downloads

Holy shit, very nice,

I'll download and test, I have the files for Leifang and Misaki, DM if you want them, also I don't think you can mod their suits with the actual DLC files because they are just ywrk files for each of their suits, the actual tmcl files for their suits are in the latest update.

I don't know if you could take a request but if you can do Kokoro next, I like her.

Edited by Desire Killer
21 hours ago, RedactedByUser said:

KASUMINUDEMOD.pkg 13.06 MB · 14 downloads

It's been 8.4 years.........

I've been checking this thread from time to time to see if anything would come up but had mostly been resigned to thinking nothing would happen. Now however it looks like something could actually happen. Great work so far. Don't know if @violetta3ds was also planning a release.

Unfortunately it seems there's nothing I can do to help. I don't have a PS4 with a firmware that can be jailbroken, but maybe now I can have a reason to get one. Would then also wonder if it's possible to dump the game and the updates to a different PS4 so I can have the updates without connecting to the Internet.

Since I didn't want to mess with PSN accounts and so on I got the Scarlet version, so I hope it will be possible to modify a swimsuit in the base game for Scarlet as well, no DLC required.

Depending on the method maybe it will also be possible to choose which Venus Vacation nude texture to inject so anyone can use whichever they want.

1 hour ago, Mich5 said:

I've been checking this thread from time to time to see if anything would come up but had mostly been resigned to thinking nothing would happen. Now however it looks like something could actually happen. Great work so far. Don't know if @violetta3ds was also planning a release.

Unfortunately it seems there's nothing I can do to help. I don't have a PS4 with a firmware that can be jailbroken, but maybe now I can have a reason to get one. Would then also wonder if it's possible to dump the game and the updates to a different PS4 so I can have the updates without connecting to the Internet.

Since I didn't want to mess with PSN accounts and so on I got the Scarlet version, so I hope it will be possible to modify a swimsuit in the base game for Scarlet as well, no DLC required.

Depending on the method maybe it will also be possible to choose which Venus Vacation nude texture to inject so anyone can use whichever they want.

I used to own a PS4 one year ago, yes, I can definitely tell you that the update package of this game can be installed offline, even the perfect save archive can be transferred to another ps4 without a PSN account (you need a software named APLLO), I have successfully done this before . I can share a URL for you to download the update file. 

https://www.mcpsp.com/threads/dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-fortune-as-v1-00-v1-19-update-dlc-cusa-04555-full-pkgs-38-7-gb.84973/

On 7/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, RedactedByUser said:

KASUMINUDEMOD.pkg 13.06 MB · 34 downloads

Nice work! I don't know if you guys already know about this, but the latest GoldHen releases now support plugins with AFR being one of them. So now you can basically replace files directly by a FTP without the hassle of creating and installing a fpkg. I don't know how much of a qol it would bring in this case regarding testing but I think it's worth looking into, if it's not being used already.

On 7/2/2023 at 5:45 AM, Desire Killer said:

Holy shit, very nice,

I'll download and test, I have the files for Leifang and Misaki, DM if you want them, also I don't think you can mod their suits with the actual DLC files because they are just ywrk files for each of their suits, the actual tmcl files for their suits are in the latest update.

I don't know if you could take a request but if you can do Kokoro next, I like her.

Well that fucking sucks, that means the only way to mod Lei and Misaki is on a godamn 9 GB update. I think the swimuits are located in an Archive.psarc file in the update, if you know where I can get an update file that can be dumped without issues, I could mod the files and compress them into a smaller Archive.psarc file, and maybe running it through AFR could make it easier. It beats unpacking repacking the remarryimg the hacked update to the base game. 

Here's Kokoro, though.

KOKORONUDEMOD.pkg

22 hours ago, Octodog said:

Nice work! I don't know if you guys already know about this, but the latest GoldHen releases now support plugins with AFR being one of them. So now you can basically replace files directly by a FTP without the hassle of creating and installing a fpkg. I don't know how much of a qol it would bring in this case regarding testing but I think it's worth looking into, if it's not being used already.

The swimsuit files are located in a compressed archive file where the base game reads from it. It's all one big file. No way is uploading a compressed 10 GB file the best method of doing this.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:29 AM, RedactedByUser said:

Well that fucking sucks, that means the only way to mod Lei and Misaki is on a godamn 9 GB update. I think the swimuits are located in an Archive.psarc file in the update, if you know where I can get an update file that can be dumped without issues, I could mod the files and compress them into a smaller Archive.psarc file, and maybe running it through AFR could make it easier. It beats unpacking repacking the remarryimg the hacked update to the base game. 

Here's Kokoro, though.

KOKORONUDEMOD.pkgFetching info...

Thanks, I'm working on getting you a proper dump of the update.

I've tested all of your mods, they are exceptionally good, some of the issues are that as we know there are no 3D features on the extra bits, they tan as if they still had the swimsuit on, also I don't know why but for the Marie mod you used her Swimsuit from the Senran Kagura Pack 2 instead of the Xtreme F, probably preference but IMO the F set looks much more boring than the Senran stuff.

We're still missing the Keijo set from the japanese version, someone converted Kasumi's exclusive suit from the Japanese version to the HK version so it's likely possible to convert the Keijo set to HK.

10 hours ago, tod007 said:

Do you think they would release Dead or alive xtreme 4 or dead or alive 7 in the future? Or is this series dead soon due to the microtransactions and mods?

I hope they do, but I'm not holding my breath, they haven't upgraded Venus's graphical capabilities to match something made in this decade and the microtransactions are keeping KT well fed, I imagine a DOAX4 would look excelleny with today's tech.

14 hours ago, Desire Killer said:

Thanks, I'm working on getting you a proper dump of the update.

I've tested all of your mods, they are exceptionally good, some of the issues are that as we know there are no 3D features on the extra bits, they tan as if they still had the swimsuit on, also I don't know why but for the Marie mod you used her Swimsuit from the Senran Kagura Pack 2 instead of the Xtreme F, probably preference but IMO the F set looks much more boring than the Senran stuff.

We're still missing the Keijo set from the japanese version, someone converted Kasumi's exclusive suit from the Japanese version to the HK version so it's likely possible to convert the Keijo set to HK.

The reason I used Marie's Senran Kagura suit instead of the Sexy F one is because for some reason, the sexy F can't be modded, and I don't understand why. I've changed the textures with several different swimsuits and even checked to make sure the mod I was making had different swimsuit textures, but it always remains as the sundress swimsuit. I don't know, it's weird. As for the tanlines, I just left them as the default swimsuit that I modded with, because I don't think there's a texture that lets the whole body tan completely. Unless there's a mod texture for it, I can't male it so the characters don't get tanlines.

5 minutes ago, DOAX3GLITCHER said:

Wrong 

I bet that you will never find a single post by me which is insulting to anyone. But I can't say the same thing about your post against me. 

There's obviously a language barrier at play here if you don't understand how no one here finds your posts fun, just insulting.