DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme 3 Fortune PS4 Modding

14 minutes ago, DOAX3GLITCHER said:

From Update 1.19 the engine became the same as the Pc version so there will be the 3 base body mechanism KAS HON MAR (except for the DLCs)

That's interesting, does this mean that the texture format has been updated to support PC textures?

Additionally, do you think you could release your own mods or tools?

8 minutes ago, DOAX3GLITCHER said:

No release are planned. 

By the way I can tell you that the file/folder structure is the same but the texture format is different 

Pc = dxt10

PS4 = GNF

+ I can confirm that all the pc characters can be ported to ps4 with all their costumes 

But can't be 100% ported to psvita because the body scaler  wasnt introduced in it so only Kas Mar Hon costumes can be converted 

Do you have more info regarding converting textures? Technically is it only necessary to convert the texture from DXT10 to GNF and setting the correct path to use them on PS4?

Also, I don't mean to pry but why are you against a release? I'm pretty sure the DOAX3F modding community would explode if tools were released.

4 minutes ago, DOAX3GLITCHER said:

I sold my ps4 long ago... 

About the texture you are right if you are referring to the skin texture

You could still share the tools or mods despite not having a PS4 console...

Regarding 3D textures, how are they edited? My friend was having an issue and he could not find out how to edit 3D textures so for example on the Helena mod I uploaded the nipples are 2D on the skin texture and not 3D.

Edited by HalfMileRide
typo

I forgot to add to the OP that the linked pkg has a custom passcode, it is:

_EzW2oNPe-DsXdZkstgvVgA4XE_-ZltV

With that you can extract it and look at the contents.

Regarding the mesh edit, something interesting that happens is that while Helena is nude, she will still tan with the swimsuit the body was based on, the Martini.

13 minutes ago, violetta3ds said:

just search "GNF" in hex editor and you will see the file.

Noesis has native support to view it.

Thank you, you sound pretty experienced on the subject, have you already modded the game?

59 minutes ago, violetta3ds said:

yes but it's 3-4 years ago, i don't have reversing files anymore.

i remember Scarlet was easier to mod because of its smaller file size.

It would be great if you could find those files, the community would certainly be interested, also regarding Scarlet, it seems that you were modding the game via editing the non-DLC swimsuits as that would require rebuilding the base game every time you wanted to edit a mod, unless you edit a DLC, or edit a base game file via an update.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, HalfMileRide said:

It would be great if you could find those files, the community would certainly be interested, also regarding Scarlet, it seems that you were modding the game via editing the non-DLC swimsuits as that would require rebuilding the base game every time you wanted to edit a mod, unless you edit a DLC, or edit a base game file via an update.

i used update method, but i think DLC method is becoming more popular due to recent jailbreak releases.

at least i remember that editing hair mesh was also possible, simulating the hair style which DOAX3 doesn't have.

https://imgur.com/a/wadU06l

12 hours ago, violetta3ds said:

i used update method, but i think DLC method is becoming more popular due to recent jailbreak releases.

at least i remember that editing hair mesh was also possible, simulating the hair style which DOAX3 doesn't have.

https://imgur.com/a/wadU06l

Yeah, I used the DLC replacement method primarily because it was what doax3glitcher did and also because it's much faster than rebuilding an update.

Could you share your mod tmc/tmcl/ywrk files? You can DM me if you want.

I'm searching for PS4 DOAX3S/DOAX3F DLC files, to make modding easy.

https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_3/Downloadable_Content

There are maybe some files on Internet but they can't be edited because encrypted by unknown passcode.

How do you guys dump DLC files?

I've tried these steps but could not dump files:

1. Purchased and installed all DLCs from PS Store a few years ago.
2. Applied 9.00 Jailbreak recently.
3. Launch game and view inside "/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/" folder via FTP.
4. The decrypted DLC folder "/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/*-ac/" appears and disappears in a moment, right after game launches.
   This behaivor made copying files impossible for me.

Edited by violetta3ds
23 hours ago, violetta3ds said:

I'm searching for PS4 DOAX3S/DOAX3F DLC files, to make modding easy.

https://deadoralive.fandom.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_3/Downloadable_Content

There are maybe some files on Internet but they can't be edited because encrypted by unknown passcode.

How do you guys dump DLC files?

I've tried these steps but could not dump files:

1. Purchased and installed all DLCs from PS Store a few years ago.
2. Applied 9.00 Jailbreak recently.
3. Launch game and view inside "/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/" folder via FTP.
4. The decrypted DLC folder "/mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/*-ac/" appears and disappears in a moment, right after game launches.
   This behaivor made copying files impossible for me.

Indeed, it is very annoying dumping content for this game, one method I was advised to do is pause the process with ps4debug when the game first starts and the 'NOW LOADING' screen appears as that is when it loads ALL of the DLC, at the time I was on higher firmware than ps4debug supported so I had to come up with something else, What I did was:

While in-game select one pictorial with a random swimsuit and one with the swimsuit I want to dump (do this multiple times), the DLC files will dissapear really quickly from the mount point so you must intermittently load pictorials and refresh the FTP program until the 'Content-ID-ac' folder appears, once it does drag it into a local path, an error will pop up but don't close it,  once you have this error on-screen start loading the pictorials intermittently again, and press 'try again' on the error message repeatedly, it shouldn't take more than 2 tries, the DLC will FTP over to your local path but the game will freeze after, you can do it again after relaunching the game.

Most of the DLC has already been dumped, I have all of them except the KEIJO!!!! Set, if you need any help with this, or the DLC files themselves shoot me a DM.

Thank you for tips. I succesfully got DOAX3F's free catalog DLC file.
The free catalog DLC contains 9 TMC costumes (A, B, C to I) for each girl, so I think it is perfect placeholder to try various mods quickly.

What I'm trying to do now is create NSFW mod.

Edited by violetta3ds
3 hours ago, violetta3ds said:

Thank you for tips. I succesfully got DOAX3F's free catalog DLC file.
The free catalog DLC contains 9 TMC costumes (A, B, C to I) for each girl, so I think it is perfect placeholder to try various mods quickly.

What I'm trying to do now is create NSFW mod that is triggered by malfunction (shaking Black Fan).

Malfunction costume consists of:

- body (normal state)
- body_zbreak (malfunction state)
- swimsuit1 (normal state)
- swimsuit2 (malfunction state)

So we need to edit it as follows:

- body (keep data as is)
- body_zbreak (increase vertex/face count and edit)
- swimsuit1 (keep data as is, but shift vertex/face data offsets)
- swimsuit2 (disable)

No problem.
That sounds like it could work really well and actually make sense in the game, you should post your mods here, even unfinished ones, why is it necessary to increase vertex count on 'body_zbreak'?

18 hours ago, HalfMileRide said:

why is it necessary to increase vertex count on 'body_zbreak'?

Because it doesn't have enough vertices to import full body mesh from other mods, you know nipples and hips need more vertices.

I'm trying to find a method to shift data offsets to expand vertex/face data space, and it will take time.

By the way, regarding VR, does anyone know how to disable black screen fade out when we were close to girls in VR?

The screen fade out really spoils VR immersiveness.

I guess disabling it is feasible with PS4 Cheater and ps4debug in theory.

doax3_fade.jpg.d59e9ad7e6e2ffffa01f94a9648685b5.jpg

11 hours ago, violetta3ds said:

Because it doesn't have enough vertices to import full body mesh from other mods, you know nipples and hips need more vertices.

I'm trying to find a method to shift data offsets to expand vertex/face data space, and it will take time.

By the way, regarding VR, does anyone know how to disable black screen fade out when we were close to girls in VR?

Alright, that makes sense, I have no idea how to disable the blackout on VR, it is indeed annoying, on another note it seems that if you convert a DOAX3F save that has the Black Fan to DOAX3S the Black Fan will work on Scarlet, it will let you cause Malfunctions too, interestingly if you specifically use it on the Scarlet swimsuit it won't let you blow the dress, it will on all suits imported from DOAX3F though, this makes me think that whatever item was going to be available to poke girls in VR still is in the game code, it just needs to be added to the owner's inventory or 'enabled'.

All tests passed.

We can increase vertex count and even texture sizes.
https://imgur.com/a/6AoCgTZ

(1) I found there are two ways to increase vertex count. This is howto picture:
verts.png.281f327615488c89af08a616c3af76a5.png

(2) I also confirmed increasing texture size is possible (to use 2K body texture), by applying similar method to texture data block in TMCL file.
The new texture sizes/offsets need to be written on TTGL in TMC file.

You can find more info about TMC/TMCL format in Zenhax forums.

https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7434

Edited by violetta3ds
15 hours ago, violetta3ds said:

All tests passed.

We can increase vertex count and even texture sizes.
https://imgur.com/a/6AoCgTZ

(1) I found there are two ways to increase vertex count. This is howto picture:
verts.png.281f327615488c89af08a616c3af76a5.png

(2) I also confirmed increasing texture size is possible (to use 2K/4K body texture), by applying similar method to texture data block in TMCL file.
The new texture sizes/offsets need to be written on TTGL in TMC file.

You can find more info about TMC/TMCL format in Zenhax forums.

https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7434

Wow, looks very nice, can you share the mods?

This is how to replace 1K skin texture with 2K.

(1) Read TMC file's TTGL.

01.jpg.ee82576e20741fa3fde7535653d91edb.jpg
They mean:
 - texture count: 13
 - texture total size: 5876352
 - texture offsets: 16, 10304, ..., 4473424 (13 values)
 - texture sizes: 10288, 10288, ..., 1402928 (13 values)

(2) Read TMC file's LHeader.

02.jpg.4ef217e4ad849227ef6aca0657d2f51f.jpg
They mean:
 - offsets: 128, 5876480, 7027072 (for texture/vertex/face data block in TMCL)
 - sizes: 5876352, 1150512, 122992

In TMCL file, you can find the first texture at 128 + 16, and 2nd texture at 128 + 10304, and so forth.
In this case, we can get skin texture at 128 + 1433808 (4th texture) and the size is 1402928 byte.

(3) Create a new 2K skin texture GNF file.

tex_2K.jpg.28946dab97ac2bd1a960f9b5c19a950f.jpg
The easiest method is to use DOAXVV mod's texture, because DOAXVV and DOAX3 use the same UVs.
Or you can even use completely different texture, for example when importing Daz3D mesh if you edited UVs as well.

The increased size is:

2K - 1K = 5597232 - 1402928 = 4194304 byte.
In other words, you should increase TMCL filesize by 4194304 byte in the next step.

(4) Replace the texture in TMCL file.
Increase filesize (at 0x04) and texture total size (at 0x84) each by 4194304.

03.jpg.16d7500fab94d57c269ae1cf31462694.jpg

Inject empty data (4194304 bytes) before 5th texture offset (128 + 2836736),

04.jpg.cde3cc443d91aa24b9bb64cca9db0662.jpg

05.jpg.638778fb64c97d4b7ab28e9d58be3257.jpg

and replace GNF data with new one at 4th texture offset (128 + 1433808).

06.jpg.4c735356161f920c78c44ace3719e9b4.jpg

(5) Update TMC file's TTGL.

Increase texture total size, texture offsets (5th to 13th), and texture size (4th) each by 4194304.

(6) Update TMC file's LHeader.

Increase vertex/face data offsets, and texture data size each by 4194304.

(7) Update package_data.bin
TMC/TMCL/YWRK filesizes are written in package_data.bin, started at 0xA8 every 36 bytes.

Tips 1:
Misaki/Leifang and DOAX3 Scarlet costumes ignore skin texture in TMCL file.
They use skin texture in (CharaName)_BODYBASE_TEXCHL.texchl file.

Tips 2:

Using 4K texture makes game freeze.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:25 AM, violetta3ds said:

This is how to replace 1K skin texture with 2K.

(1) Read TMC file's TTGL.

01.jpg.ee82576e20741fa3fde7535653d91edb.jpg
They mean:
 - texture count: 13
 - texture total size: 5876352
 - texture offsets: 16, 10304, ..., 4473424 (13 values)
 - texture sizes: 10288, 10288, ..., 1402928 (13 values)

(2) Read TMC file's LHeader.

02.jpg.4ef217e4ad849227ef6aca0657d2f51f.jpg
They mean:
 - offsets: 128, 5876480, 7027072 (for texture/vertex/face data block in TMCL)
 - sizes: 5876352, 1150512, 122992

In TMCL file, you can find the first texture at 128 + 16, and 2nd texture at 128 + 10304, and so forth.
In this case, we can get skin texture at 128 + 1433808 (4th texture) and the size is 1402928 byte.

(3) Create a new 2K skin texture GNF file.

tex_2K.jpg.28946dab97ac2bd1a960f9b5c19a950f.jpg
The easiest method is to use DOAXVV mod's texture, because DOAXVV and DOAX3 use the same UVs.
Or you can even use completely different texture, for example when importing Daz3D mesh if you edited UVs as well.

The increased size is:

2K - 1K = 5597232 - 1402928 = 4194304 byte.
In other words, you should increase TMCL filesize by 4194304 byte in the next step.

(4) Replace the texture in TMCL file.
Increase filesize (at 0x04) and texture total size (at 0x84) each by 4194304.

03.jpg.16d7500fab94d57c269ae1cf31462694.jpg

Inject empty data (4194304 bytes) before 5th texture offset (128 + 2836736),

04.jpg.cde3cc443d91aa24b9bb64cca9db0662.jpg

05.jpg.638778fb64c97d4b7ab28e9d58be3257.jpg

and replace GNF data with new one at 4th texture offset (128 + 1433808).

06.jpg.4c735356161f920c78c44ace3719e9b4.jpg

(5) Update TMC file's TTGL.

Increase texture total size, texture offsets (5th to 13th), and texture size (4th) each by 4194304.

(6) Update TMC file's LHeader.

Increase vertex/face data offsets, and texture data size each by 4194304.

(7) Update package_data.bin
TMC/TMCL/YWRK filesizes are written in package_data.bin, started at 0xA8 every 36 bytes.

Tips 1:
Misaki/Leifang and DOAX3 Scarlet costumes ignore skin texture in TMCL file.
They use skin texture in (CharaName)_BODYBASE_TEXCHL.texchl file.

Tips 2:

Using 4K texture makes game freeze.

YES!

Thanks for not abandoning the thread like those other people did, I am very grateful for your documentation and hope someone can import some DOAXVV mods and release them.

On 5/12/2022 at 8:51 AM, violetta3ds said:

Mmm... I never actually had an issue with the screen fade out. I feel like looking at the girl as close as possible before the fade out starts happening look very blurry. So, I don't usually look that close. It definitely wouldn't hurt to have it disabled though.

Edited by PotatoG6