Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

1 hour ago, RakeVuril said:

It's been a bug for a while, but it appears that when a prey is in the process of being absorbed (post digestion/struggle), random digestion messages can kick in and start re-digesting the already absorbing prey, bringing them back to the struggling phase, which kind of breaks things.

I included fixed versions of the script responsible for this back when I was working with SE, but I took them out when I moved to AE to avoid unnecessarily overwriting base stuff. You could install a version from the end of last year and then this one, or you could just put this file in your data/scripts folder.

DialogueVore.pex

15 hours ago, cleanpoison said:

So the dialogue option where you can tell someone to eat someone else does not seem to work for me. The npc just walks to the other npc and then does nothing. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Ok I found the problem, NFAC seems to stop some console commands which targets npcs

Hey there,

I updated to you current version of Reformation Dialogue, but now I got a problem.

In earlier versions, if you had "random digestion" enabled in mcm, Npc's started re-digesting already dead prey's which caused Lua error's in the console.

Not good but you could avoid it by disabling this option.

But now with your current version, Npc's randomly start digesting my PC, although i don't have this enabled.

And with that, I got the old bug i mentioned before.

Could you probably provide earlier versions of the mod, so I can use them until its fixed?

20220702102410_1.jpg

20220702102906_1.jpg

5 hours ago, cleanpoison said:

Ok I found the problem, NFAC seems to stop some console commands which targets npcs

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, it's a hostile spell - so I imagine that mod would count it as an attack, and disallow it.

4 hours ago, a10g06 said:

Hey there,

I updated to you current version of Reformation Dialogue, but now I got a problem.

In earlier versions, if you had "random digestion" enabled in mcm, Npc's started re-digesting already dead prey's which caused Lua error's in the console.

Not good but you could avoid it by disabling this option.

But now with your current version, Npc's randomly start digesting my PC, although i don't have this enabled.

And with that, I got the old bug i mentioned before.

Could you probably provide earlier versions of the mod, so I can use them until its fixed?

20220702102410_1.jpg

20220702102906_1.jpg

No need, I just uploaded a version which fixed this.

Also folks, please do not hide giant bugs from me. :/

Hard to fix issues that are kept a secret.

How would one go about making custom belly textures? I have a mod that gives me a rather specific 'body' using armor but the belly does not match very well. The textures required would be fairly uniform in color, mostly white, but i have no idea what to do with the nif files provided, or how to implement them into the normal Devourment mod. 

7 hours ago, randomuser77 said:

How would one go about making custom belly textures? I have a mod that gives me a rather specific 'body' using armor but the belly does not match very well. The textures required would be fairly uniform in color, mostly white, but i have no idea what to do with the nif files provided, or how to implement them into the normal Devourment mod. 

Well, this is not precisely the correct place to ask; I've never done any texture work in my life. I can tell you that nif files are meshes, not textures. Procided you're using a vanilla race, the morph or equipable bellies will use your base body texture.

7 hours ago, Gherking said:

Well, this is not precisely the correct place to ask; I've never done any texture work in my life. I can tell you that nif files are meshes, not textures. Procided you're using a vanilla race, the morph or equipable bellies will use your base body texture.

so what you're saying is if i wanted to actually use devourment with this custom armor, id have to use the armor to create a race lol. Idk how to do that either so ill just have to stick with human colored skin bellies on a non human armor. 

So this is my first time modding anything, I used the mod guide from Devourment Refactor Links | Forgetful Hatter - Nora on Patreon and used the NMM community edition. I asked if there was a way to make random endo vore be fatal and he sent me here. However I have no idea what I am doing with mods, I tried to install some bungie mods on top of the devourment mod and it completely ruined everything and had to spend another 8 hours to get back to where I am. So I would like to ask some questions.

1. Are your mods and the mods on that I have here compatible?

2. I already started the game and have them installed, can I just download and turn them on or do I have to do something? I saw you said load order, but I have no idea really how to do that on this thing.

3. Can the random fatal be toggled on and off?

4. Are the  ReformationAI.zip,ReformationDialogue.zip,ArcticTales.rar the ones or am I looking in the wrong place, sorry if I am asking a lot, I'm not good at this type of stuff and don't want to ruin my files again.

12 hours ago, shibekutaato said:

So this is my first time modding anything, I used the mod guide from Devourment Refactor Links | Forgetful Hatter - Nora on Patreon and used the NMM community edition. I asked if there was a way to make random endo vore be fatal and he sent me here. However I have no idea what I am doing with mods, I tried to install some bungie mods on top of the devourment mod and it completely ruined everything and had to spend another 8 hours to get back to where I am. So I would like to ask some questions.

1. Are your mods and the mods on that I have here compatible?

2. I already started the game and have them installed, can I just download and turn them on or do I have to do something? I saw you said load order, but I have no idea really how to do that on this thing.

3. Can the random fatal be toggled on and off?

4. Are the  ReformationAI.zip,ReformationDialogue.zip,ArcticTales.rar the ones or am I looking in the wrong place, sorry if I am asking a lot, I'm not good at this type of stuff and don't want to ruin my files again.

1: As I don't know what mods you already have installed, I can't say for certain. I'm guessing the answer is yes though; there aren't many things that I'm incompatible with.

2: As long as they're installed and enabled, they should work. You might want to watch a guide about using NMM generally to get comfortable with modding in general. Incidentally, your load order is a list which determines what order your mods will initialize in - it can be modified from your mod manager.

3: Yes. You can toggle both random fatal and random releasing on and off - meaning you have full control over how much random vore ends in digestion.

4: ReformationDialogue specifically is the one you were looking for: it adds about 9000 new lines of dialogue to the various vore trees. AI expands on the skull reformation system, allowing you to reform random skulls that you find in the wild, or resurrect people you find dead in ruins etc. Arctic Tales adds some vore related books around the place. He's actually written five times more than I've released, I should get on updating it lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 5:42 PM, Gherking said:

I included fixed versions of the script responsible for this back when I was working with SE, but I took them out when I moved to AE to avoid unnecessarily overwriting base stuff. You could install a version from the end of last year and then this one, or you could just put this file in your data/scripts folder.

DialogueVore.pex 7.22 kB · 6 downloads

so ive placed the file in the data/scripts folder but it hasnt changed the outcome, the digestion bar empties and then refills, im not sure if its because im using MO2 which is known to have a few bugs with some mods just because the mods themselves arnt instaled in the skyrim folder or if ive completely misunderstood the instructions and put the file in the wrong folder, any chance i could get a link to a previous version meant for SE or a more detailed instruction, sorry if this is alot of trouble, its most likely im just an idiot.

7 hours ago, HeartShard said:

so ive placed the file in the data/scripts folder but it hasnt changed the outcome, the digestion bar empties and then refills, im not sure if its because im using MO2 which is known to have a few bugs with some mods just because the mods themselves arnt instaled in the skyrim folder or if ive completely misunderstood the instructions and put the file in the wrong folder, any chance i could get a link to a previous version meant for SE or a more detailed instruction, sorry if this is alot of trouble, its most likely im just an idiot.

If I'm understanding your problem correctly, you just need to open the quicksettings menu, go to toggles, and disable automatic rebirth.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, Gherking said:

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, it's a hostile spell - so I imagine that mod would count it as an attack, and disallow it.

No need, I just uploaded a version which fixed this.

Also folks, please do not hide giant bugs from me. :/

Hard to fix issues that are kept a secret.

Nice!

Bug is fixed with one exception.

If for example my follower vore an NPC and reformed them, they start digesting the reformed NPC, which lead again to the Lua Error console spam.

hmmm, i've tested it with and without the perk, but when I'm digested and I DO press the button I get an on screen prompt about who my soul reaches out to.

Using this I begin to reform but no animation plays of my previous body being defecated out by the pred.

Is that intentional? I was hoping to see the anim that does play, however it does play if I end up dead and reload a previous save, it seems to only work when it kills the PC.

If I don't press the button, I simply respawn inside but don't have the Devourment dialogue choices anymore and need to manually select defecate or regurgitate in the options menu to be released.

Ok so another time without pressing the button and waiting it did give me a message saying I was defecated out, but no animation of the pred bending over and doing the action played, I could only then press the button to once again be given the prompt to reach out my soul and reform.

I guess to give some more info, I'm using True Directional Movement and SmoothCam, do these mods conflict with the way the camera works in these mods?

Edited by Murderdevil
On 7/27/2022 at 2:05 AM, Murderdevil said:

hmmm, i've tested it with and without the perk, but when I'm digested and I DO press the button I get an on screen prompt about who my soul reaches out to.

Using this I begin to reform but no animation plays of my previous body being defecated out by the pred.

Is that intentional? I was hoping to see the anim that does play, however it does play if I end up dead and reload a previous save, it seems to only work when it kills the PC.

If I don't press the button, I simply respawn inside but don't have the Devourment dialogue choices anymore and need to manually select defecate or regurgitate in the options menu to be released.

Ok so another time without pressing the button and waiting it did give me a message saying I was defecated out, but no animation of the pred bending over and doing the action played, I could only then press the button to once again be given the prompt to reach out my soul and reform.

I guess to give some more info, I'm using True Directional Movement and SmoothCam, do these mods conflict with the way the camera works in these mods?

Sorry about the late response, I just didn't have any good help to give. As someone who neither designed nor uses that feature of Refactor, I don't know much about it or what in your game might cause it to fail.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Zenneto said:

Could you maybe expand the farmer dialog a little more? Having only one crop to choose from gets old a bit quick. I'm also not even sure if skyrim has carrots...

Well, the thing is, I didn't strictly even write the farmer dialogue. It was inherited from Refactor's base dialogue, and before that it came from Hatter's dialogue mod of old.

I'll be honest, I actually thought I'd disabled it. I'm afraid that there are many things higher on the list for refurbishment.

But yes, Skyrim does have carrots. They're definitely an ingredient you can find in barrels and things.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, jadzia8 said:

I have a quick question... how do i get the belly-travel thing to work?  is it NPC strangers only, or can a follower take me places in their belly too?

Followers can, but not WHILE they are an active follower - it's an AI Package priority thing.

I'm having an issue where whenever I get fully digested, a random "digestion has started" message appears, which breaks everything.  What I mean by a random one, is it doesn't matter what way I was eaten, it can give digestion messages for other ways.  The new digestion process doesn't start, the absorbing process stops completely, and I can't get out either without forcing a regurgitation.  All that works is the ability to talk with my pred.  I have tried reinstalling devourment, I have tried reinstalling the reformation AI and dialogue mods, I have tried downloading the vore dialogue file and placing in the scripts folder, and none of these have fixed it.  It doesn't happen when an npc gets digested, only when I get digested.  Besides sexlab and sexlab aroused, I'm just using Devourment's and this mod's requirements.  Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?  

On 9/27/2022 at 3:17 AM, RandomName357 said:

I'm having an issue where whenever I get fully digested, a random "digestion has started" message appears, which breaks everything.  What I mean by a random one, is it doesn't matter what way I was eaten, it can give digestion messages for other ways.  The new digestion process doesn't start, the absorbing process stops completely, and I can't get out either without forcing a regurgitation.  All that works is the ability to talk with my pred.  I have tried reinstalling devourment, I have tried reinstalling the reformation AI and dialogue mods, I have tried downloading the vore dialogue file and placing in the scripts folder, and none of these have fixed it.  It doesn't happen when an npc gets digested, only when I get digested.  Besides sexlab and sexlab aroused, I'm just using Devourment's and this mod's requirements.  Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?  

What do you mean by a 'digestion has started' message? Could you share a screenshot?

13 hours ago, RandomName357 said:

Sorry for the late response, but this is the messages I'm talking about.  It's not always specifically the being unborn one, it can be any of them.  

image.jpg

Huh. Could you press the quicksettings menu hotkey when it happens and see if your new predator is the same as the old one? Also, could you try disabling random player digestions in the MCM to figure out if that is the cause?