Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

Amazing mods and very interesting ideas!

Concerning Reformation Dialogue: I noticed a small bug with unnamed NPCs (tested on various whiterun guards)...
If you swallow an unnamed NPC, interact with them using the Prey dialog key while they're inside you and then let them out, you can't interact with them anymore. Even when they are supposed to greet you after being spat out they say their line without actually opening any dialogue options... Although their dialogue line doesn't show the "name" or title of the NPC as it should (i.e. "You let me out..." instead of "Whiterun guard: You let me out...")

It doesn't happen with named NPCs so it's not really annoying nor noticeable most of the time.

Not really sure what causes it nor if there is a way to know (like a log file), but if there is anything I can do to help fix this, please let me know!

On 6/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, ThePolearDen said:

Amazing mods and very interesting ideas!

Concerning Reformation Dialogue: I noticed a small bug with unnamed NPCs (tested on various whiterun guards)...
If you swallow an unnamed NPC, interact with them using the Prey dialog key while they're inside you and then let them out, you can't interact with them anymore. Even when they are supposed to greet you after being spat out they say their line without actually opening any dialogue options... Although their dialogue line doesn't show the "name" or title of the NPC as it should (i.e. "You let me out..." instead of "Whiterun guard: You let me out...")

It doesn't happen with named NPCs so it's not really annoying nor noticeable most of the time.

Not really sure what causes it nor if there is a way to know (like a log file), but if there is anything I can do to help fix this, please let me know!

Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I didn't realize we'd gone over the page. I just uploaded a version that fixes that - there's a mod that also does it, but it doesn't work for AE (which is what I'm playing now with Gaz' AE alpha), so I was forced to finally figure it out lol

19 minutes ago, kairos64 said:

I might just be missing it, but the "transport to another city in a belly" options just doesn't show up

Make sure you have EZ2C - it's at the bottom of the list of topics once you're inside their stomach, so it won't show up unless you have something to allow more text to show (like EZ2C).

40 minutes ago, Gherking said:

Make sure you have EZ2C - it's at the bottom of the list of topics once you're inside their stomach, so it won't show up unless you have something to allow more text to show (like EZ2C).

It only ever gives me the let me out, digest me, and nap options.

12 hours ago, mastert3318 said:

Do you think you could possibly post a doc or something of the dialogue? That would be cool

Like, a spreadsheet with all of the lines in it? I don't have one - I either write in notebooks and type it into CK, or type into CK directly. You can open it up in the Creation Kit and export all the dialogue in that quest, but I always crash when I try that.

May I inquire as to your reason for asking?

3 hours ago, Gherking said:

Like, a spreadsheet with all of the lines in it? I don't have one - I either write in notebooks and type it into CK, or type into CK directly. You can open it up in the Creation Kit and export all the dialogue in that quest, but I always crash when I try that.

May I inquire as to your reason for asking?

I just like reading out stuff like this because with a mod with this much dialogue I'll probably never see it all

33 minutes ago, mastert3318 said:

I just like reading out stuff like this because with a mod with this much dialogue I'll probably never see it all

The creation kit is a good way to do that, and xEdit will work in a pinch.

Here's an interesting question

How do these addons work with the Refactor AE version of the mod?

- found here: https://github.com/Gaz-tec/Devourment-Refactor/releases/tag/alpha

I'm utilizing vortex for easier install, and getting the conflict rules between DevourmentRefactorAE and ReformationAI.

Would I want ReformationAE to go before or after DevourmenRefactorAE?

The conflicting object is "scripts/devourmentskullobject.pex"

Edited by CannedEnd89
4 hours ago, CannedEnd89 said:

Here's an interesting question

How do these addons work with the Refactor AE version of the mod?

- found here: https://github.com/Gaz-tec/Devourment-Refactor/releases/tag/alpha

I'm utilizing vortex for easier install, and getting the conflict rules between DevourmentRefactorAE and ReformationAI.

Would I want ReformationAE to go before or after DevourmenRefactorAE?

The conflicting object is "scripts/devourmentskullobject.pex"

Let refactor override. But also don't do that, and use the version I posted in the discord. It has a few other bugfixes, and it's specifically made for AE. For those of you still on SE, don't worry about missing out. The fixes are for issues that mainly affect AE.

On 6/4/2022 at 2:17 PM, Gherking said:

Sorry I didn't respond earlier - I didn't realize we'd gone over the page. I just uploaded a version that fixes that - there's a mod that also does it, but it doesn't work for AE (which is what I'm playing now with Gaz' AE alpha), so I was forced to finally figure it out lol

No problems, thanks for the update! Keep up the amazing work! ❤️

4 hours ago, Multirpg said:

Hi! Think you could put a version number next to the download button, or the date of the latest update, so we can tell if you updated or not since last time we checked?

I don't believe it would be necessary, as I always update the changelogs (and post a new comment) when there's been an update.

• 2 weeks later...

I have three questions:

1. When asking a pred to release their prey, is there an outcome where they refuse? Had them roleplay as a pred that sees prey as nothing but food, but they always let them go when I talked to them. I feel like that personality should have one of the least likely chances of letting go and there could maybe even be a chance that they just start digestion instead.

2. What exactly dictates which personalities can be chosen for an npc? For me for example every npc added in immersive wenches can only roleplay as an inexperienced pred.

And lastly: Can we suggest new personality types? If yes, I would like to suggest an "Angry Pred/Prey" which would just constantly give angry (or hangry) comments and a "Hungry Pred" personality which would have the lowest of all chances of ever letting their prey go and a high number of dialogues that lead to digestion. Once digestion has started it would be extremely difficult to convince them to stop or reform you. Basically an even more extreme version of the currently most "dangerous" pred version.

6 hours ago, Zenneto said:

I have three questions:

1. When asking a pred to release their prey, is there an outcome where they refuse? Had them roleplay as a pred that sees prey as nothing but food, but they always let them go when I talked to them. I feel like that personality should have one of the least likely chances of letting go and there could maybe even be a chance that they just start digestion instead.

2. What exactly dictates which personalities can be chosen for an npc? For me for example every npc added in immersive wenches can only roleplay as an inexperienced pred.

And lastly: Can we suggest new personality types? If yes, I would like to suggest an "Angry Pred/Prey" which would just constantly give angry (or hangry) comments and a "Hungry Pred" personality which would have the lowest of all chances of ever letting their prey go and a high number of dialogues that lead to digestion. Once digestion has started it would be extremely difficult to convince them to stop or reform you. Basically an even more extreme version of the currently most "dangerous" pred version.

1: Yes, and ones where they decide to digest them. It's about their relationship with you though, since you're the one asking. In fact, it would be very difficult to read data about their prey while they're in dialogue with you.

2: Here's the whole formula. image.png.c0f9b324145e784509b3d4648103480b.png

They pick their personality based on the first condition in the list that gets satisfied; it's a priority system. Basically, if they're married to you, they get Lover. If they're you're enemy, they get Unwiling (0). If they like you, they get Friend. If they roll 85% or higher, they get Sees Everyone As Food. If they beat a 65, they get Willing, But Playful. If they beat 40, they get Endo Willing. If none of the above conditions are true, they get Inexperienced (0). Then there's the fallthrough in case any of those types are disabled in the MCM.

3: Unfortunately, you're about 5 years too late. At this point, every new personality would need at LEAST 1200 lines of dialogue which is... A lot. If I had had more forethought at the beginning, I would have planned them out much better. Alas, hindsight is 20/20 etc.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:55 PM, Gherking said:

1: Yes, and ones where they decide to digest them. It's about their relationship with you though, since you're the one asking. In fact, it would be very difficult to read data about their prey while they're in dialogue with you.

I don't think that's the case though.  Setting the relationship rank to -4 doesn't change the interactions one bit. They even still call you a friend.

3 hours ago, Zenneto said:

I don't think that's the case though.  Setting the relationship rank to -4 doesn't change the interactions one bit. They even still call you a friend.

The second part is their rank in the RDWillingness faction (personality), not the relationship rank. As you can see, in order for them to refuse you, they have to not care much about you, not be a follower, and not currently be following you. image.png.773f3ad356fdddd308b34e893313bdd6.png

4 hours ago, cleanpoison said:

So the dialogue option where you can tell someone to eat someone else does not seem to work for me. The npc just walks to the other npc and then does nothing. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas?

It just causes them to run a swallow attempt; depending on your settings, this may fail. What does the console say about the attempt?

It's been a bug for a while, but it appears that when a prey is in the process of being absorbed (post digestion/struggle), random digestion messages can kick in and start re-digesting the already absorbing prey, bringing them back to the struggling phase, which kind of breaks things.