Gherking and Arctic's Devourment Refactor Addons

40 minutes ago, Gherking said:

Tiny updates to Dialogue and AI! Main thing was removing USSEP dependency and cleaning up poor modding choices in AI. Check changelogs for details.

I mean err ... It's gud to check the changelogs and all but one of em basically say you don't remember how much you added or fixed from it lol ...
Guess it's time to test and figure out what's new by ourselves ! 

37 minutes ago, MelonLovr said:

I mean err ... It's gud to check the changelogs and all but one of em basically say you don't remember how much you added or fixed from it lol ...
Guess it's time to test and figure out what's new by ourselves ! 

That is true. It turns out that Arthmoor dealt me a fatal blow however, and what I actually did was remove all the dialogue from my dialogue mod.

I got it all fixed now, and uploaded. Sorry to the five of you who downloaded two mods that didn't do anything.

Edited by Gherking
22 minutes ago, Gherking said:

That is true. It turns out that Arthmoor dealt me a fatal blow however, and what I actually did was remove all the dialogue from my dialogue mod.

I got it all fixed now, and uploaded. Sorry to the five of you who downloaded two mods that didn't do anything.

I was gonna say it appears you deleted everything but you beat me to the punch lol

Edit: And now it appears I can't even load my save file as it immediately crashes whenever i try to do so ...

Edited by MelonLovr
58 minutes ago, MelonLovr said:

I was gonna say it appears you deleted everything but you beat me to the punch lol

Edit: And now it appears I can't even load my save file as it immediately crashes whenever i try to do so ...

Ok ... tried to load another character and it works just fine but whenever I try to load my current character it just crashes ... I don't know why ...
Edit: Tried to verify the integrity of the files and now it crashes whenever I try to load THE GAME ITSELF ...
Edit2: I let it fully verify and it started an update cow dung so I stopped it but it deleted the game files itself whilst updating (Skirim dot exe)
Edit3: Updated then downgraded again but my character is still unloadable no matter how far back i try to load it

FINAL EDIT: Managed to fix it by loading the game with both Reformation plugins disabled, saving then reloading it with them enabled again

Edited by MelonLovr
23 hours ago, MelonLovr said:

Ok ... tried to load another character and it works just fine but whenever I try to load my current character it just crashes ... I don't know why ...
Edit: Tried to verify the integrity of the files and now it crashes whenever I try to load THE GAME ITSELF ...
Edit2: I let it fully verify and it started an update cow dung so I stopped it but it deleted the game files itself whilst updating (Skirim dot exe)
Edit3: Updated then downgraded again but my character is still unloadable no matter how far back i try to load it

FINAL EDIT: Managed to fix it by loading the game with both Reformation plugins disabled, saving then reloading it with them enabled again

Sorry that you had all these troubles; I probably should have expected that for SE users, given that I've been using the AE version for many months. I recommend changing over as well; Hatter has a very competent install video. 

5 hours ago, Gherking said:

Sorry that you had all these troubles; I probably should have expected that for SE users, given that I've been using the AE version for many months. I recommend changing over as well; Hatter has a very competent install video. 

I get what you mean, I'm just still unsure due to how many mods I got and the fact some may not be able to follow into AE ... 
Honestly kinda wish AE hadn't ruined mods as a whole for a while ... would've made it easier to upgrade all my mods ...

I just want to say I love this mod; the dialogue is fun and not overly harsh or domineering and I have followed it since it first came out in Eka... I especially enjoy the concept of the BTS... sadly, skyrim does not lol.  I know you can use the wait function to bypass the infinite black screen bug, but sometimes I keep getting hit with the "you cannot wait for x reason" msg... I have looked for a mod that may circumvent this but alas... nothing was found. 

However, and please understand I do not usually make suggestions if at all... I was wondering if it was possible to convince them to not reform you through dialogue... I know there is such dialogue options, but it seems once they "learn" the reform spell they will always reform you, despite what they may answer when you ask them to not reform you... now this could be an error on my part, which honestly would not surprise me lol.  Also, is there any way to make it where if they do keep you for a while it fades to a black screen after they shit you out... and fades back in where another dialogue option happens saying something along the lines "hey there it has been x days/weeks/months since you have been a part of y, would you like to come out or may become a permanent addition?" of course, it could have varying lines depending on relationship level... now since I am a pleb at anything coding and modding, if this is impossible or just far too difficult to implement feel free to laugh off this suggestion.

Again, I just want to say I really like this mod and not to belittle the devourment AE mod; this mod, in my opinion, is what makes the devourment mod great... because I need context to the content to make it enjoyable and this mod truly delivers in context and content.

Sincerely,

Grihm

On 1/4/2023 at 6:01 AM, GrihmHrixgar said:

I just want to say I love this mod; the dialogue is fun and not overly harsh or domineering and I have followed it since it first came out in Eka... I especially enjoy the concept of the BTS... sadly, skyrim does not lol.  I know you can use the wait function to bypass the infinite black screen bug, but sometimes I keep getting hit with the "you cannot wait for x reason" msg... I have looked for a mod that may circumvent this but alas... nothing was found. 

However, and please understand I do not usually make suggestions if at all... I was wondering if it was possible to convince them to not reform you through dialogue... I know there is such dialogue options, but it seems once they "learn" the reform spell they will always reform you, despite what they may answer when you ask them to not reform you... now this could be an error on my part, which honestly would not surprise me lol.  Also, is there any way to make it where if they do keep you for a while it fades to a black screen after they shit you out... and fades back in where another dialogue option happens saying something along the lines "hey there it has been x days/weeks/months since you have been a part of y, would you like to come out or may become a permanent addition?" of course, it could have varying lines depending on relationship level... now since I am a pleb at anything coding and modding, if this is impossible or just far too difficult to implement feel free to laugh off this suggestion.

Again, I just want to say I really like this mod and not to belittle the devourment AE mod; this mod, in my opinion, is what makes the devourment mod great... because I need context to the content to make it enjoyable and this mod truly delivers in context and content.

Sincerely,

Grihm

Thank you for the kind words!

My current plan is to remake my dialogue mod from scratch with the intention of it being integrated as refactor's base dialogue; many parts of this one were written as many as six years ago, and I have learned and grown much since then. I can do better.

Nonetheless, I will bear your suggestions in mind when it comes time to remake BTS. Sadly the black screen bug is an unavoidable possibility given the way Skyrim's camera works, but the rest of this should be more or less doable.

So quick question on the update: is it safe to update mid game on SE, do I need to start a new game, or going forward are any of these mods no longer SE compatible? I know you recommend playing on AE but a few of my favorite mods are not compatible with AE (they use SKSE64 scripts and were abandoned ages ago but are still fun to play with) so that is not really an option for me.

Edit: was going through the files to see what changed, saw that the reformed npcs from random skulls are now leveled (which is greatly appreciated) but noticed that the Argonian and Khajit npcs have different classes and health/magicka/stamina than the other races, was this intentional? Also, I would suggest giving the "Mercantile" NPCs a vendor class that depends on their race to make them useful in conjunction with mods like "Immersive Recruitment - Household Staff and Entourage SSE BETA" from the nexus.

Edited by fred4
On 1/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, Gherking said:

Thank you for the kind words!

My current plan is to remake my dialogue mod from scratch with the intention of it being integrated as refactor's base dialogue; many parts of this one were written as many as six years ago, and I have learned and grown much since then. I can do better.

Nonetheless, I will bear your suggestions in mind when it comes time to remake BTS. Sadly the black screen bug is an unavoidable possibility given the way Skyrim's camera works, but the rest of this should be more or less doable.

Oh ho!  a remake, you say?... I will await most eagerly for this masterpiece

Grihm

16 hours ago, fred4 said:

So quick question on the update: is it safe to update mid game on SE, do I need to start a new game, or going forward are any of these mods no longer SE compatible? I know you recommend playing on AE but a few of my favorite mods are not compatible with AE (they use SKSE64 scripts and were abandoned ages ago but are still fun to play with) so that is not really an option for me.

Edit: was going through the files to see what changed, saw that the reformed npcs from random skulls are now leveled (which is greatly appreciated) but noticed that the Argonian and Khajit npcs have different classes and health/magicka/stamina than the other races, was this intentional? Also, I would suggest giving the "Mercantile" NPCs a vendor class that depends on their race to make them useful in conjunction with mods like "Immersive Recruitment - Household Staff and Entourage SSE BETA" from the nexus.

These versions should be safe to update mid save (as I did), but don't quote me on it.

You'd have to ask Bethesda; to get this wide cast of characters, I duplicated the racemenu preset npcs and edited them. I have found strange inconsistencies in them. Most were flagged unique for example (except argonians...), so I had to fix that to use the new naming mod I recommended. 

That's an interesting idea, I'll make a note to make those names have more impact on what the NPCS do.

4 hours ago, GrihmHrixgar said:

Oh ho!  a remake, you say?... I will await most eagerly for this masterpiece

Grihm

Me too.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Barti said:

I have question about NetherNoTeleport script. Is it supposed to break that function completely? 
Cause it seems that way, they dont teleport even with hotkey or via command followers power

Yeah. The same function was used to teleport them via hotkey and for some of the catch-up teleports. There were also a LOT of teleport functions that could cause them to come back, and I ended up disabling all of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know why, but I'm having a problem where most of my old character save files are converting my female bodies into male ones. the head stays the same, but the body changes. I can technically fix it, but I have to completely remake my character's appearance, and I have yet to find out if the changes would revert again upon reloading the new character. I've narrowed the problem down to reformationAI but I don't know how it would be causing this. could you please let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I just tested it and it doesn't change the body again once it's fixed. also the sex change command fixes it without having to remake my character's looks. still don't know why it happened, but it isn't really a problem anymore.

Edited by Glennjamin
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...