Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

18 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Slogging through voice/lip file generation (1,655 done so far), and only about 10% done with HPH conversion.  It'll be a couple of months, more than likely.

Appreciate all the hard work you're putting in. All the best for 2024!

On 1/10/2024 at 1:41 AM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

More HPH conversion progress previews:

Sabrina Arrus:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot297.pngScreenShot295.pngScreenShot294.png

Vigdis:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot261.pngScreenShot263.pngScreenShot266.png

Jastia:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot246.pngScreenShot240.pngScreenShot231.png

Silvia:

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot291.pngScreenShot284.pngScreenShot280.png

I'll be honest. The lobeless ears bother me. It reminds me of all Farodestin's uploads on the Nexus who all have the same shaped lobeless ears that go straight down into the sides of the neck. Now, I know the Skyrim head models hate ear lobes and make it really difficult to make decent ones but, at the moment, these heads all have remarkably similar ear shapes and that bothers me. It would be nice to see some more variety in natural ear shapes.

I hope this comes across as constructive criticism. It's not intended to demean the incredible work you're already putting into these.

2 hours ago, Balgin said:

I hope this comes across as constructive criticism. It's not intended to demean the incredible work you're already putting into these.

Point taken; ears have rarely been a focus and a large proportion are hidden under the given hairstyle anyway.  The question is what to do about it.

These are the ears as they come straight out of the Vector High Poly Head mod, and since they're part of the head mesh they are what they are.  A change would have to be applied to each head mesh selectively.  They do have lobes, actually, they're just the attached variety.  Agree that it would be nice to see some diversification, but unless someone wants to volunteer their mesh sculpting talents we're sort of stuck with what we've got.  That might be a good suggestion for someone with the skill to add a RaceMenu slider to the ear shape for this.  Right now you can do all sorts of weird things for elf ear with the top of the ear mesh, but nothing really with the bottom.

A quick survey in-game showed pretty much all of the NPCs with attached lobes with the female NPCs largely from the likely suspects: Pandorable and Facesculptor.  At most, some of the non-Pandorable males had a faux detachment painted into their head texture, like Vignar Gray-Mane.  Maybe that's an alternative solution for someone with those skills?

A quick troll through earring mods showed about the same.  The single exception noted was this one.  No idea how it was achieved:

Spoiler

image.png

So I guess the current (low) standard for non-elf or furry ears is: Have Two

We can explain it away with head canon and say the complex genetic coding that governs lobes in Tamriel tends towards attached earlobes for whatever obscure reason you can imagine, magical, supernatural, or otherwise.

Yep. It's unfortunately a limit of the head models. However, lobeless ears are generally less common than lobed ears (unless we're heading considering the orient where they're more common). I can usually tollerate a certain amount of lobeless ears but when they're all like that it starts to look wrong and something in me becomes very uncomfortable. It looks unnatural or unfinished as if some kind of sculptor got lazy in the womb and decided to cut a few corners, skip a few details. It's worse in the case of Farodestin's uploads (which are not Farodestins sculpts but all ports of Special Edition head sculpts by other modders) but it's apparent that Farodestin likes lobeless ears and there are numerous beautiful women with this mutation (think Angelina Jolie, Michelle Pfeiffer or Natalie Portman) but when they all look the same it really bothers me. Especially when the same user keeps uploading something like 4-7 similar mutants every week that all look beautiful but heavily flawed to the point where you have to believe the guy has a specific type.

I know that's on me but it does mean I might start to enjoy SBC a lot less once this change is implemented. I do know that I find the ones that go straight into the neck more acceptable than the triangular ones that try to go down the neck towards the shoulders. To add to this, it is, to a certain extent, possible to sculpt more natural looking earlobes in game with racemenu but they don't mirror so you need to sculpt them individually. When adding the sculpting mask to restrict areas it mirrors and allows you to mask around both ears at once but, when you start sculpting, with mirroring turned on, it doesn't apply and you need to sculpt each ear lobe individually which starts to become more hassle than it's worth. And that's with the standard default low poly heads. With High Poly heads it would probably be easier as there might be more nodes to tweak around the appropriate area but those mess with my existing sculpts so I don't use them yet.

It's probably much easier to sculpt them out of game anyway with some third party program which I don't have so I'd probably need more information on what to use.

No idea how it was achieved

I have an idea having had to correct the ear lobes on a number of head sculpts. It's possible to achieve a similar (if somewhat cruder and chunky result) with a handful of minutes and lots of tweaking and fine tuning but then you'd need to do the other ear.

Edited by Balgin

LE (0.98g) user here. Getting a crash pretty consistently at one point in the main quest and I'm wondering if anyone else is getting it, if this was fixed a while back and I need a stray patch file, or if this just something in my setup that I need to hunt down.

Live another Life start, pre-helgen, so main game story quest has not activated yet.

start SBC, get the first captive out of the bandit camp, did the entire talk to x to find next person who can help bit, and now I'm at the blind mage in winterhold.

I can talk to him, get the release help dialogue tree going. first failed release and the paralysis throw work just fine. He gets back up, does his bit, teleport to the daedric space and then crash.

Has anyone else run into this before? I can add logs if needed.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:52 AM, Balgin said:

I have an idea having had to correct the ear lobes on a number of head sculpts. It's possible to achieve a similar (if somewhat cruder and chunky result) with a handful of minutes and lots of tweaking and fine tuning but then you'd need to do the other ear.

You can sculpt in Outfit Studio, and mirroring then works, but trials so far have produced worse results than the starting product.

36 minutes ago, necrontyr525 said:

He gets back up, does his bit, teleport to the daedric space and then crash.

This happened erratically in test, and it's not the mod itself as much as it is a lot happening at once that can overwhelm a less capable system, both hardware capability and things like the 32 bit Papyrus engine.  This was one of the reasons modding for SBC was shifted to SSE.  The 64 bit setup is incredibly stable in comparison to LE, as long as you can deal with the quirks peculiar to SSE.

20 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

This happened erratically in test, and it's not the mod itself as much as it is a lot happening at once that can overwhelm a less capable system, both hardware capability and things like the 32 bit Papyrus engine.  This was one of the reasons modding for SBC was shifted to SSE.  The 64 bit setup is incredibly stable in comparison to LE, as long as you can deal with the quirks peculiar to SSE.

Got it. Taking it as a given that 0.98g is last ver for LE then, unless a back-conversion is somehow possible. Kind of wishing I had the last ver of the mod pre-rewrite sitting arounds still. missing a lot of features but was stable AF in my list. (I run Oldrim/LE because a lot ofg the mods I like never made the jump to SE and/or there are nor replacements for them there)

I've had similar crashes where lots and lots of high-res textures get loaded in suddenly, esp. mass 4k textures - oldrim engine does *not* like that - so i'll look at workarounds.

might be I can push the quest and script markers forwards without actually watching the scene. Might also be possible to quick / hard save part way through and just spam it until it works. 

I also took the 15 mins to go get the unbound and live another life quests done as I've noted that the game in a pre-helgen (aka pre-unbound) state is less stable. probably something to do with needing to defuse the script-bomb that is the damn helgen scene. 

Anyone else remember loading the game up for the first time, riding the cart, and then getting yeeted into orbit by a bunny under a cart wheel? Or NPCs losing the script and just standing about?

Edited by necrontyr525
10 minutes ago, necrontyr525 said:

Got it. Taking it as a given that 0.98g is last ver for LE then, unless a back-conversion is somehow possible. Kind of wishing I had the last ver of the mod pre-rewrite sitting arounds still. missing a lot of features but was stable AF in my list. (I run Oldrim/LE because a lot ofg the mods I like never made the jump to SE and/or there are nor replacements for them there)

I've had similar crashes where lots and lots of high-res textures get loaded in suddenly, esp. mass 4k textures - oldrim engine does *not* like that - so i'll look at workarounds.

might be I can push the quest and script markers forwards without actually watching the scene. Might also be possible to quick / hard save part way through and just spam it until it works. 

I also took the 15 mins to go get the unbound and live another life quests done as I've noted that the game in a pre-helgen (aka pre-unbound) state is less stable. probably something to do with needing to defuse the script-bomb that is the damn helgen scene. 

Anyone else remember loading the game up for the first time, riding the cart, and then getting yeeted into orbit by a bunny under a cart wheel? Or NPCs losing the script and just standing about?

As a SkyrimLE user, both default start and alternate start, I can say that my character has never been in orbit by a bunny or otherwise.  There is the infamous (0,0,0) bug, but that's not orbital height and as far as I know only happens during a Sexlab event.

NPC's losing the plot can be from overtaxing the game and lagging (not to mention bad scripting, but not in SexyBanditCaptives).

19 minutes ago, tinkerbelle said:

As a SkyrimLE user, both default start and alternate start, I can say that my character has never been in orbit by a bunny or otherwise.  There is the infamous (0,0,0) bug, but that's not orbital height and as far as I know only happens during a Sexlab event.

NPC's losing the plot can be from overtaxing the game and lagging (not to mention bad scripting, but not in SexyBanditCaptives).

I have to clamp FPS to 65 max to limit physics bugs like that tbh. Trying Adrenaline Chill to see if that helps any.
So far 7 crashes for 7 attempts with the scene, so just left searching for the old pre-rewrite version to get a stable build.

and those old bugs? Skyrim 1.4 un-modded, they day after the creation kit dropped. I feel old af now. 

7 minutes ago, necrontyr525 said:

I have to clamp FPS to 65 max to limit physics bugs like that tbh. Trying Adrenaline Chill to see if that helps any.
So far 7 crashes for 7 attempts with the scene, so just left searching for the old pre-rewrite version to get a stable build.

and those old bugs? Skyrim 1.4 un-modded, they day after the creation kit dropped. I feel old af now. 

Hmmm, there's comments in Fallout4 about physics being tied to framerate (body physics anyway).  Over there they recommend limiting to 59.9, but that's for body physics.  There are other body physic methods for Skyrim.

and got my issue fixed up.

Root cause (estimated): PC too stronk, physics / papyrus engine could not keep up old singe thread engine choked and died.

Solution: Update ENBoost and use the [Limiter} section to cap fps to 60 (AMD Adrenaline chill did fck all, probably b/c I have a RX5700 not a RX6000 or newer).

Result: Scene ran fine first fcking try.

Side effect (Positive): also fixed my 'swimming over land' glitch from the physics engine not being able to keep up.

Edited by necrontyr525
13 hours ago, necrontyr525 said:

glad you found the problem and have it working now.

yep physics will do that if your system is "too good" for LE.  when i first got the computer i play on now i had something very similar

happen.  1st game load on this one cart hit a bump in the road so physics spazzed out badly (all prisoners went in different directions)

trees were stable, but everything that moved was in perpetual spaz out mode.  took me a few hours of searching to find out that it was

physics.  limiting frame rate to 60 worked like a charm (was 327).  yes i have a good system ..... now.  but as i am poor i just made do

with the system i had until it died.  the only place i have found so far where i drop from that rock solid 60fps is in DCL'S Whip & Chain Inn,

there i drop all the way down to 55 for about 3-5 seconds.  mostly playing FO4 now, but i still play LE due to some mods not porting over

(or anything that does similar).  my LE is probably as stable as it is possible to get.  that took me over 6 years on old puter to adjust (just copied

backup to new one when i got it).  so that is the other reason i have not moved to SE (would have to start from scratch all over again on stability

and other things like body type, skins, and textures)plus having to sort out SE versions (there are at least 2 SE versions, plus AE, plus VR) to get all

mods that are on the same version ...... nah i will just keep playing LE.

On 1/13/2024 at 12:52 AM, Balgin said:

Happened across a headmesh example that was obviously earlobe edited.  Kinda looks horrible and reinforces the lack of a solution.  Attached earlobes it is, unless one of the headmesh mods is updated to facilitate it.  Unfortunately, we're left with a choice between bad solutions.

Spoiler

image.png

Hello. 
Doing the quest and finished the panty dilemma only to get stuck at the next part. 
"Seek information in the Pale"

"Seek information in Hjaalmarch"

"Seek information in Haafingar"

"Seek information from the innkeeper"
Everyone I ask either points me to a new area or says they don't know anything. 
Where do I go from here? Need to send more captives to inns?

5 hours ago, JayRoz said:

Hello. 
Doing the quest and finished the panty dilemma only to get stuck at the next part. 
"Seek information in the Pale"

"Seek information in Hjaalmarch"

"Seek information in Haafingar"

"Seek information from the innkeeper"
Everyone I ask either points me to a new area or says they don't know anything. 
Where do I go from here? Need to send more captives to inns?

if you did not run out of captives (which i doubt happened yet) try going to The White Hall (Dawnstar)

in the pale and talk to everyone in there. talk to the people in the "seats of power" if of the places

worked for me.

55 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

if you did not run out of captives (which i doubt happened yet) try going to The White Hall (Dawnstar)

in the pale and talk to everyone in there. talk to the people in the "seats of power" if of the places

worked for me.

Thank you very much. I ended up doing that around solitude. The moment I spoke to the dawnstar jarl the quest advanced. 

1 hour ago, JayRoz said:

Thank you very much. I ended up doing that around solitude. The moment I spoke to the dawnstar jarl the quest advanced. 

That one is odd because the Jarls of Dawnstar don't use stewards, so you end up getting the information directly from the Jarl.  A separate set of dialogues had to be written just to handle Skald the Elder / Brina Merilis.

You most likely didn't notice the prompt at the top of the Quest log:  "Investigate the reports of captives in certain bandit camps.  Stewards and Jarls are often good information sources."

• 4 weeks later...

1. If I have Apachii hair installed, will this 100% prevent the mod from working, or just result in weird hair? (if it's the latter, I can deal with it).

2. I have some mods installed that change how radiant quests work. Specifically, the ability to permanently clear some bandit camps/forts, and so prevent you from finding bounty targets (e.g. "find x guy at y camp and kill him") at locations you've already cleared this way. How will this mod interact with it?

3 hours ago, keitel66 said:

1. If I have Apachii hair installed, will this 100% prevent the mod from working, or just result in weird hair? (if it's the latter, I can deal with it).

2. I have some mods installed that change how radiant quests work. Specifically, the ability to permanently clear some bandit camps/forts, and so prevent you from finding bounty targets (e.g. "find x guy at y camp and kill him") at locations you've already cleared this way. How will this mod interact with it?

Great questions.

1.  Apachii installation will have no effect whatsoever.  However, KS-Hair must also be loaded as a soft dependency (ESP need not be checked in, just files present) otherwise all the Captives will be bald.

2.  SBC dynamically detects the presence of a living bandit boss at any of the established bandit camps when it comes time to place the next set of Captives, so it should work seamlessly with mods that permanently clear camps.  Caveat: as long as it doesn't clear all of them and leave SBC with nowhere to place Captives.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:19 PM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Great questions.

1.  Apachii installation will have no effect whatsoever.  However, KS-Hair must also be loaded as a soft dependency (ESP need not be checked in, just files present) otherwise all the Captives will be bald.

2.  SBC dynamically detects the presence of a living bandit boss at any of the established bandit camps when it comes time to place the next set of Captives, so it should work seamlessly with mods that permanently clear camps.  Caveat: as long as it doesn't clear all of them and leave SBC with nowhere to place Captives.

I think I misunderstood you completely.

Bandit "camps"? Are we talking about new, custom locations you put into this mod, or the pre-existing bandit "caves" like Lost Knife Hideout and Embershard Mine?

9 hours ago, keitel66 said:

Bandit "camps"? Are we talking about new, custom locations you put into this mod, or the pre-existing bandit "caves" like Lost Knife Hideout and Embershard Mine?

Either one.  They are treated the same by SBC.  The search for a bandit camp with a living boss character is dynamic and real-time.  Either form of bandit camp will be recognized.

The caveat is the camp must also have an invisible SBC marker placed to designate it as a valid location (Captive placement markers are linked to this marker).  The SBC camps, the vanilla camps, and the MBC camps all have this (plus another couple of mods as well).  Some camps are going to be too small or too out of the way to make sense, so not every camp in your game is necessarily a valid SBC placement site.

8 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Either one.  They are treated the same by SBC.  The search for a bandit camp with a living boss character is dynamic and real-time.  Either form of bandit camp will be recognized.

The caveat is the camp must also have an invisible SBC marker placed to designate it as a valid location (Captive placement markers are linked to this marker).  The SBC camps, the vanilla camps, and the MBC camps all have this (plus another couple of mods as well).  Some camps are going to be too small or too out of the way to make sense, so not every camp in your game is necessarily a valid SBC placement site.

Is there a map or guide where I can see the locations of new camps added? I want to be sure your mod's additions can literally fit into my setup. I have a couple of mods that add stuff.

On 1/20/2024 at 1:35 PM, necrontyr525 said:

(I run Oldrim/LE because a lot ofg the mods I like never made the jump to SE and/or there are nor replacements for them there)

Oof. I know your pain. I'm VERY new to Skyrim modding (less than 3 months in), but it took like 3 weeks to get my build stable with AE 1130. Then they released 1170, and I'm not going to update for exactly the same reason you cited.

On 2/24/2024 at 8:28 PM, keitel66 said:

Is there a map or guide where I can see the locations of new camps added? I want to be sure your mod's additions can literally fit into my setup. I have a couple of mods that add stuff.

No, but there aren't that many organic to SBC.  The ones that are there are fairly large, but they're in really out of the way places for the most part where placing such a camp was difficult so has a low chance of cross-mod conflict.

• Bonefall Slope (underneath Bleakfalls Barrrow exit)
  • Rockslide Ridge (south of the road to Rorikstead on the slope)
  • Camp Frostdrake (Winterhold athwart the east-west road up from the coast)
  • Camp Reachcliff (The Reach)
  • Pinefrost Haven (west of Solitude)
  • Wakefield Cave (south side of Lake Ilinalta)