Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

High poly head.  good needed! i'm also running most npc's with smp ks hair in my game with little fps loss! about 1500 mods and patches running! Absolut beautiful stability runs days without an ctd and a solid 60 fps most of the time all on a 4 yr old system. And part of that is due to the scrip mods that have been released

On 11/30/2023 at 4:25 AM, devildx said:

Maybe is better to go to the old way and spawn all captives when the player reads the note.

A bit of good news.  Bringing over the newest SBC LE components, and possibly ensuring the most up to date PapyrusUtil package was installed, made for an SSE test run with SBC where everything worked perfectly -- at least up through the release of the first Captive in Winterhold.

hi, so can I please know where are the panties of Jarl Elisif, I already check all the Blue Palace and just found 2 pairs, one in her room left side corner furniture and one directly south from her bed. Is there any other place? Also talking to Erdi or Una doesn't change anything, they just won't do it and they say leave me alone at the end and kaboom no more options...

3 hours ago, bonesexpozed said:

so can I please know where are the panties of Jarl Elisif

One of the hints the Khajiit gave you was to find the help of "low lifes".  Go talk to Gulum-Ei in the Winking Skeever (but it will cost you).  If you've already done the Thieves Guild Quest that takes him to the warehouse or he is dead, you can also get help from Taarie, but you will have had to do her Quest (Fit For a Jarl) first.

(The panties you find yourself in the Blue Palace are red herrings because they are clean and don't carry Elisif's scent.  They will be rejected by the Khajiit.)

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wolfshrike said:

so, out of curiosity, is the latest update and Bethesda foulup severely impacting work on this? I know the CE updated as well. 

It did for about a day, but a pristine copy of the game files corrected it and everything with content was backed up.  Also have fully made the jump to SSE (1.5.97) for mod development with the help of a couple of mods to the CK that make it work so much better.

Actually churning now on the long promised HPH conversion (via a more direct method that doesn't involve an LE conversion), and AI gen voice files.

Preview screenshot of Raen Arius:

Spoiler

ScreenShot112a.png

23 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

SSE (1.5.97)

Since I am about to arrange myself for either this or the 1.6.something … Is there any particular advantage? pro/con ?  If it derails the topic here too much, I’d like to read about it gladly somewhere else at a better place :classic_smile:

25 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

help of a couple of mods to the CK that make it work so much better.

ooooooh! I’d love to read about those too :blush:

2 hours ago, worik said:

ooooooh! I’d love to read about those too :blush:

Watching a tutorial video on HPH conversion, and the author began by recommending these two mods.  Total game changer.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20061  : SSE CreationKit Fixes

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230  : SSE Engine Fixes

Was already running the Engine Fix mod, but the CK Fixes mod made a huge difference.  Besides the much faster startup, how about the ability to search the Data list for a mod file name instead of poring over the non-alphabetized but chronological list looking for the one you want?  Huge!

2 hours ago, worik said:

Since I am about to arrange myself for either this or the 1.6.something … Is there any particular advantage? pro/con ?

Mostly wasn't interested in the Creation Club content being forced onto the test setup, as well as upsetting the applecart with a new SKSE version to support.  1.5.97, AFAIK, is the last change before that push, and there are several topics afoot on showing people how to downgrade back from the 1.6 series up to and including the AE crossover.  One can only presume they're doing that for a reason and are dissatisfied with 1.6 and the CC stuff.

Question: Do the captured girls have a unique defined background information?, or does that change randomly based on generation?. I'm asking because I was planning to create the necessary information to integrate the NPCs of this mod with Mantella https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/98631

However for it to be worth the effort, each girl would need to have an associated back story (like who she was, how was captured, etc). I remember on the old version of the mod, the backstory changed randomly.

1 hour ago, EmertX said:

Question: Do the captured girls have a unique defined background information?, or does that change randomly based on generation?. I'm asking because I was planning to create the necessary information to integrate the NPCs of this mod with Mantella https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/98631

However for it to be worth the effort, each girl would need to have an associated back story (like who she was, how was captured, etc). I remember on the old version of the mod, the backstory changed randomly.

Random?  No.  Unique?  Sorta.  The current setup is each Captive has a predetermined backstory . . . but there are three versions for each telling (for variation) and they may share the backstory with a couple of other Captives.  With 90 Captives to flesh out, it was a stretch to make each one truly unique.  This was the case in the older versions of the mod as well; the backstories have never been random, though it may have seemed so since what they said on the first pass may have been different due to the random variation within a set of background dialogues.

Neat idea with Mantella.

47 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Random?  No.  Unique?  Sorta.  The current setup is each Captive has a predetermined backstory . . . but there are three versions for each telling (for variation) and they may share the backstory with a couple of other Captives.  With 90 Captives to flesh out, it was a stretch to make each one truly unique.  This was the case in the older versions of the mod as well; the backstories have never been random, though it may have seemed so since what they said on the first pass may have been different due to the random variation within a set of background dialogues.

Neat idea with Mantella.

I see. Then I guess it would make more sense to just put a generic bio for all of them mentioning they were captured by bandits and locked on enchanted restraints. 

2 hours ago, EmertX said:

I see. Then I guess it would make more sense to just put a generic bio for all of them mentioning they were captured by bandits and locked on enchanted restraints. 

No, your original idea still seems valid.  They're unique enough that you can rely on their backstories being fixed, if I'm understanding what it is you're trying to do.  Each Captive's story is what it is; it's just that each one has options (3 in most cases) to vary the rendition of the same basic story.

10 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

No, your original idea still seems valid.  They're unique enough that you can rely on their backstories being fixed, if I'm understanding what it is you're trying to do.  Each Captive's story is what it is; it's just that each one has options (3 in most cases) to vary the rendition of the same basic story.

Ah, I see. Is there a way to get that backstory for each character?. I assume there are dialogues associated with each character, or are they embedded in some obscure script making hard to get them?

14 hours ago, EmertX said:

Ah, I see. Is there a way to get that backstory for each character?. I assume there are dialogues associated with each character, or are they embedded in some obscure script making hard to get them?

They're not embedded in a script; that would actually make it much easier.  Checked via SSEEdit and it's difficult to get the entire line.  To get where you want, the best route is the CK, and you're looking for the following Dialogue Branches under the SBCMain Player Dialogue tab:

• SBCBSBlk01_10a
  • ___SBCBackStoryBlock01_10b
  • SBCBackStoryBlock11_20
  • SBCBackStoryBlock21_30
  • SBCBackStoryBlock31_40

Each one has 30-ish info blocks, and these are governed by membership in the Faction called SBCCaptiveStory.  i.e., FactionRank 3 = Abducted tavern wench, etc.  That's all there is to how that's set up.  If you need to extract just those lines to feed to your AI, you can either do it manually, or put a custom voice filter in each info block in a working copy of the ESP file and use the CK dialogue extractor to spit out a TXT file of just that voice.

Did this help?

23 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

They're not embedded in a script; that would actually make it much easier.  Checked via SSEEdit and it's difficult to get the entire line.  To get where you want, the best route is the CK, and you're looking for the following Dialogue Branches under the SBCMain Player Dialogue tab:

• SBCBSBlk01_10a
  • SBCBackStoryBlock11_20
  • SBCBackStoryBlock21_30
  • SBCBackStoryBlock31_40

Each one has 30-ish info blocks, and these are governed by membership in the Faction called SBCCaptiveStory.  i.e., FactionRank 3 = Abducted tavern wench, etc.  That's all there is to how that's set up.  If you need to extract just those lines to feed to your AI, you can either do it manually, or put a custom voice filter in each info block in a working copy of the ESP file and use the CK dialogue extractor to spit out a TXT file of just that voice.

Did this help?

Will take a look. Thanks!!

On 12/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

• SBCBSBlk01_10a
  • SBCBackStoryBlock11_20
  • SBCBackStoryBlock21_30
  • SBCBackStoryBlock31_40

Did this help?

So, I took a look and it seems that there are dialogues depending on  SBCCaptiveStory = 1, or 2, or 3 etc. But I am lost in the connection of how each girl is given a specific value of SBCCaptiveStory =1  or SBCCaptiveStory =2.  Where can I check that?, I mean, how do I link the different versions of the backstory to each NPC?

Edited by EmertX
2 hours ago, EmertX said:

Where can I check that?, I mean, how do I link the different versions of the backstory to each NPC?

It's part of their Actor record.  Look at the Factions tab in each Actor record and you'll see their FactionRank for the SBCCaptiveStory Faction.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the ObjectView because it's not their primary Faction, so you have to drill down into each record.

i.e., SBCCaptive005 = Ari who is SBCCaptiveStory FactionRank = 3 which is abducted tavern wench

If that's too daunting or confusing I can probably put together a script that would record their FactionRank and output to a text file.

I used to have a text file where all this was recorded but it was lost with a computer crash.

On 12/26/2023 at 9:04 PM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

It's part of their Actor record.  Look at the Factions tab in each Actor record and you'll see their FactionRank for the SBCCaptiveStory Faction.  Unfortunately it doesn't show up in the ObjectView because it's not their primary Faction, so you have to drill down into each record.

i.e., SBCCaptive005 = Ari who is SBCCaptiveStory FactionRank = 3 which is abducted tavern wench

If that's too daunting or confusing I can probably put together a script that would record their FactionRank and output to a text file.

I used to have a text file where all this was recorded but it was lost with a computer crash.

That would be extremely helpful 

1 hour ago, devildx said:

Any eta on the new update? I am about to start a new game and I realy want a working version fo this mod for the game version 1.6.640.

Mod worked fine when I was on the 1.5.97.

Slogging through voice/lip file generation (1,655 done so far), and only about 10% done with HPH conversion.  It'll be a couple of months, more than likely.