Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

Okay so Ma'dran, the third caravan leader... the console commands worked, but he said "perhaps another caravan leader" can help. But i already visited all 3?

One other bit, too: the quest markers in the journal did not update. The diamonds, I mean. I also can't find the Key khajiit caravan leader.

3 hours ago, keitel66 said:

Okay so Ma'dran, the third caravan leader... the console commands worked, but he said "perhaps another caravan leader" can help. But i already visited all 3?

One other bit, too: the quest markers in the journal did not update. The diamonds, I mean. I also can't find the Key khajiit caravan leader.

Did some troubleshooting and discovered a script that had been overwritten at some point back to its default by the CK.  This has to be the root cause of all the issues with the Khajiit for this Quest because it has sections to turn on the map markers as well as advance the Quest and Factions so the dialogue conditions are met.

Drop this corrected script file into your Data\Scripts folder with the other PEX files for SBC, depending on how you're installed and if you're using a mod organizer.

SBCS335.pex

Ideally, with this new script in place, go back to a save point before you've talked to Giraud.  Everything should work.

If you don't want to go back that far or can't, try this (GetStage SBCSV still has to be >=16 and <=20):

Spoiler

Before you talk to him, console point on Ma'dran and command "SetFactionRank XX015895 0" with XX being the hex address for SBC in your load order.

If this then allows the dialogue "This thing may be possible.  But . . . so very difficult" then we're in good shape.

Save before talking to Giraud... hoo boy. Luckily I don't delete old autosaves and whatnot for days @_@

For the folder: SKSE\Data\Scripts ?

image.png.58120511b85f0505b51c5bcf4ed6ecb6.png (path I used shown in picture; this is the Skyrim SE installation directory)

Incidentally, you got a discord?

Edited by keitel66
2 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Did some troubleshooting and discovered a script that had been overwritten at some point back to its default by the CK.  This has to be the root cause of all the issues with the Khajiit for this Quest because it has sections to turn on the map markers as well as advance the Quest and Factions so the dialogue conditions are met.

Drop this corrected script file into your Data\Scripts folder with the other PEX files for SBC, depending on how you're installed and if you're using a mod organizer.

SBCS335.pex 8.04 kB · 4 downloads

Ideally, with this new script in place, go back to a save point before you've talked to Giraud.  Everything should work.

1. If you don't want to go back that far or can't, try this (GetStage SBCSV still has to be >=16 and <=20):

Hide contents

Before you talk to him, console point on Ma'dran and command "SetFactionRank XX015895 0" with XX being the hex address for SBC in your load order.

If this then allows the dialogue "This thing may be possible.  But . . . so very difficult" then we're in good shape.

1. Getstage was still equal to 20

2. the hex address for me was 3A; got this from Vortex.

3. went back to ma'dran; no change.

It's possible I put the script in the wrong folder, but vortex did detect it and correctly associated it with SexyBanditCaptives. It even picked up when I removed the script; it generated an error about the missing file. I then immediately copied it back into that same folder and it went away.

Note that this was the /scripts folder as outlined above, but I don't think there were any other SBC scripts in that folder. It did pick up on it anyways.

11 minutes ago, keitel66 said:

3. went back to ma'dran; no change.

This was assuming Ma'dran was the 3rd Khajiit you'd talked to on that save, as you described but that might have been a different save.  The next dialogue only happens on the 3rd Khajiit.

2 hours ago, keitel66 said:

For the folder: SKSE\Data\Scripts ?

image.png.58120511b85f0505b51c5bcf4ed6ecb6.png (path I used shown in picture; this is the Skyrim SE installation directory)

If Vortex works anything like Discord, it's possible the file you added is being overwritten by the other copy in the SBC folder.  No experience with Vortex to divine more than that.

I think blackbird might mean in the mod folder sexy bandit captives? My folder as example is H:\MO2\mods\Sexy Bandit Captives\Scripts  ? But I could be wrong. I don't use Vortex so that is going to be very different.

Edited by KCOLL
6 hours ago, KCOLL said:

I think blackbird might mean in the mod folder sexy bandit captives? My folder as example is H:\MO2\mods\Sexy Bandit Captives\Scripts  ? But I could be wrong. I don't use Vortex so that is going to be very different.

Yup.

I re-packed the archive with the new script, uninstalled the old one, and reinstalled the new one. Now it should always be going into the correct folder.

I tried talking to Ma'dran, who was the third caravan leader.

I used the console command

SetFactionRank XX015895 0

I confirmed 3C is the correct entry ID

image.png.4b389445388f5ca2de529b5ef9a9c0a6.png

I selected Ma'dran, used the console command, THEN tried talking to him, and did not get the desired result.

I did this with Ri'saad and Ahkari, and it did not work.

I then re-loaded an older save from several days ago. Check out my quest journal:

ScreenShot560.png.008ed7ffd560759f73baa92fd5fd53ac.pngthe ma'dran diamond is not filled in.

I tried the commands and dialogue with Ahkari, Ma'dran, and Ri'saad, to no effect.

Just to make sure I was doing this correctly, I used <prid> first on Ri'saad and then the other command, and then went back to Ma'dran and did the same thing. Still no dialogue option.

At this point I had gone back like 200 saves >.>

I then went back *another* 200 saves, and I'm back at the first camp where the captive is being ravaged.

ScreenShot561.png.8375ef1c74c5e8addd059e51c329ba97.png

I checked the timestamps on the games. I'm about 139 hours back from where I was haha oh well. If it means I can help debug this mod on this sojourn then I'm good. Meanwhile, getting more specific, since I'm at this stage in the quest you know it's going to be a little while before I get to the part where I talk to Giraud.

I'm back at the camp, the 3 bandits are dead, the wisps are dead. One of the dialogue options isn't working: (reference screenshots #562 and #563)

ScreenShot563.png.a7c63a06053c2de098eed56acb29de3a.pngScreenShot562.png.5dc9f7cb28c1a0f174f1558d52cbaa3e.png

"attempt subjugation" works and throws me to the ground

Also when I re-initiated the dialogue it removed her hair O_o;;

ScreenShot564.png.b34af046e790811fdb28b05222256a7d.png

I loaded an older save that had her hair still visible, and when I loaded the save her hair was gone.

I rebooted the game and it came back, but the dialogue is still not working.

I started running into other little problems, like items not appearing in my inventory after I picked them up.

i'm going to stop troubleshooting on this go-round and try again another time. I don't want to lose 100 hours of progress over 400 saves.

26 minutes ago, keitel66 said:

I'm back at the camp, the 3 bandits are dead, the wisps are dead. One of the dialogue options isn't working: (reference screenshots #562 and #563)

ScreenShot563.png.a7c63a06053c2de098eed56acb29de3a.pngScreenShot562.png.5dc9f7cb28c1a0f174f1558d52cbaa3e.png

"attempt subjugation" works and throws me to the ground

Also when I re-initiated the dialogue it removed her hair O_o;;

ScreenShot564.png.b34af046e790811fdb28b05222256a7d.png

I loaded an older save that had her hair still visible, and when I loaded the save her hair was gone.

I rebooted the game and it came back, but the dialogue is still not working.

I started running into other little problems, like items not appearing in my inventory after I picked them up.

i'm going to stop troubleshooting on this go-round and try again another time. I don't want to lose 100 hours of progress over 400 saves.

Sounds like your game maybe isn't the best environment to bugtest.

3 hours ago, keitel66 said:

SetFactionRank XX015895 0

With the corrected script in place, this actually breaks things.  Try it again from that same point with:  "SetFactionRank XX015895 2" and see if that changes the outcome.

18 hours ago, keitel66 said:

Incidentally, you got a discord?

Have an account; never been used.

1 hour ago, keitel66 said:

"I'm gonna make noise and be counterproductive for no reason"

Sure. Or I'm going to point out something obvious.

It looks like you're very new to modding and 'trying' to help, which is nice...

13 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

With the corrected script in place, this actually breaks things.  Try it again from that same point with:  "SetFactionRank XX015895 2" and see if that changes the outcome.

I've always been impressed with your patience in helping people with your mod and incorporating new ideas. Your engagement has got to be the highest out of any mod I watch, both here and the nexus.

Sometimes I feel bad for you though, it must really eat away at your available dev time. :(

Edited by shardoom

19 minutes ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

so just to clarify: *after* I use the setfactionrank command but with the last digit being 0 - and after I put the corrected script in place - I should then come back and use this command again except with the last digit being 2? So I did things right, but I also needed to add this additional step to it? 

1 hour ago, keitel66 said:

"I'm gonna make noise and be counterproductive for no reason"

This was uncalled for, but so was the comment remarking about it.

On the other hand, I did come to the conclusion that if I'm going to get serious about beta testing then I do need to start a new save. THAT much is certain, but it's also not a guarantee it won't work in its current state.

Edited by keitel66
double-posted the same quote by mistake, so I erased it.
Just now, keitel66 said:

This was

so just to clarify: *after* I use the setfactionrank command but with the last digit being 0 - and after I put the corrected script in place - I should then come back and use this command again except with the last digit being 2? So I did things right, but I also needed to add this additional step to it? 

This was uncalled for, but so was the comment remarking about it.

On the other hand, I did come to the conclusion that if I'm going to get serious about beta testing then I do need to start a new save. THAT much is certain, but it's also not a guarantee it won't work in its current state.

The highlighted part is what I was getting at. Bugtesting on a save that already has issues is unwise. By all means help BW though, they deserve as much help as we can give them. :)

3 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Looks like it worked. I got the picture included in this post, and a bunch of dialogue after.

ScreenShot565.png.6a813cdaa28d4f64c414dfe45f41cc0d.png

I got the dialogue to find elisif's panties, but no new objective and I can't find the actual panties.

Also he talks about leaving the recording with him, but it doesn't take it out of my inventory.

Edited by keitel66

hint you have to get one of the maids to  or  a certain tailer.  But i didn't say anything just pretend you didn't read my post. But you should pay better attention to what he says and apply deduction to the problem. Like how do i get panties that don't belong to me. You are ruining  my anticipation of you figuring out the problem!

Edited by KCOLL
12 hours ago, KCOLL said:

hint you have to get one of the maids to  or  a certain tailer.  But i didn't say anything just pretend you didn't read my post. But you should pay better attention to what he says and apply deduction to the problem. Like how do i get panties that don't belong to me. You are ruining  my anticipation of you figuring out the problem!

I was hoping I could just pickpocket them off of her >.> lol

18 hours ago, KCOLL said:

Also you seem to have missed something:

"leave the message with me" implies that the message should be pulled out of my inventory so he can translate it, but it was never pulled out of my inventory. (see picture)ScreenShot582.png.e16cade418a85e3ed106aeddc65034a7.png

Edited by keitel66
picture didn't upload properly

Meanwhile, I have the panties *in my inventory*, but no other dialogue progression.

On the other hand, I can drop the panties because I guess they're not counted as a quest item? Meanwhile the untranslated message is I guess counted as a quest item because I cannot drop it?

ScreenShot583.png

Edited by keitel66

you must be coming to the end of the quest set up soon get panties get translation and i think go back to collage?  I on the other hand always bork my game around this point and have to reinstall skyrim and start over love adding more mods and things go crazy and reinstall lol I think everything is talked about in the past comments. I on the other hand have only done the original SBC from about 3 years ago. Just a well done pleasant mod quite enjoyable but now it has an intro quest. 

19 hours ago, keitel66 said:

Also you seem to have missed something:

"leave the message with me" implies that the message should be pulled out of my inventory so he can translate it, but it was never pulled out of my inventory.

Something appears to be still broken in that save because there's a script fragment with that Quest that removes the message from your inventory.  Also, the ensuing panties (if you got them via Una, Erdi, Taarie, or Gulum-Ei) should fill a RefAlias, but it's not marked as a Quest item.  However, if you were to wear them, or have a follower wear them, the scent would be occluded and the Khajiit would reject them.  If you picked up a pair by searching Elisif's room, that pair would also be rejected by the Khajiit.

There's a method to the madness.  The translation gives clues that start the quest to unravel the mystery as to what may really going on with the bandits and the Captives.

If you need to, we can try manually manipulating the RefAliases again.  This sequence has worked without a hitch for a whole lot of people and has run on the test setup hundreds of times.  We need to figure out what is the issue on your setup.

The conditions for the dialogue where you give the panties to the Khajiit are as follows:

- Player inventory for the panties object >=1

- Factionrank of XX015895 for the assigning Khajiit = 4

- Quest stage for SBCSV = 30

- Khajiit voicetype either MaleKhajiit || Female Khajiit