Sexy Bandit Captives © [WIP] Support Thread

1 hour ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

Egad, that's not good.  To be specific, were these runs from an existing game with SBC previously loaded, or new exposures?  There really weren't many changes made, but there was some significant restructuring done to eliminate the zombie script instances associated with the Wisps.

In that case I'm glad I haven't installed the latest patch yet, only downloaded it.

3 hours ago, shardoom said:

Not sure if that far enough into the mod for the problem to present itself, or maybe patch 6 simply isn't compatible with patch 5 and requires a new game?

It sounds like the latter.  That's (perhaps) the unintended consequence of the restructuring to eliminate a different problem.  Thanks for the test, troubleshooting, and report follow-up. ☮️

2 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

It sounds like the latter.  That's (perhaps) the unintended consequence of the restructuring to eliminate a different problem.  Thanks for the test, troubleshooting, and report follow-up. ☮️

Sadly this means this is the last time I will update the mod for quite a while. I shall endeavour to keep up to date on the happenings of the mod though still.

2 hours ago, shardoom said:

Sadly this means this is the last time I will update the mod for quite a while. I shall endeavour to keep up to date on the happenings of the mod though still.

It probably does not require a new game, as much as it does a cleaned game.  Uninstall SBC and clean with savetool.exe to remove the remnants; insert a placeholder mod if on SE.  Then reinstall.

1 hour ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

It probably does not require a new game, as much as it does a cleaned game.  Uninstall SBC and clean with savetool.exe to remove the remnants; insert a placeholder mod if on SE.  Then reinstall.

I think I'm going to play through to completion of my current modlist and then take a break from Skyrim for a little while.

I started a new game with Skyrim AE 1.6.640 with all 70+ Creation Club creations.  All installed mods are meticulously kept up to date.
Installed by Vortex:

• Sexy Bandit Captives v0.98g SSE
  • Sex Lab - Sexual Fame Framework SE V0.99
  • SexLabFrameworkAE_v165
  • OSL Aroused FOMOD 2.3.0 (instead of SexLabAroused Redux)
  • KS Hairdos SSE 1.9
  • Devious Devices [SE][AE][VR] 5.2
  • Serana Dialog Add-on
  • Secunda - Princess of Daggerfall 1.0.1
  • Dirtyborn-Final Chapter(SSE or AE)
  • Public Whore v1.2.4 SE
  • SlaveTatsSE-1.3.9
  • 200 additional mods; but none that -- in my experience and opinion -- could intentionally interfere with SBC by altering camps, dungeon cells, weapon stats, dialog, slavery, or death behavior

I really enjoyed your 2019-era mod and likewise enjoy the current 2022 version.  Thus, I’ve taken the time to play-test your current version and report these issues as my way to thank you for your time and effort:

1. Bandit Bosses are frustratingly overpowered; each has 1000+ hit points, can kill my over-powered level-30 character or a Frost Atronach with one hit, and can pursue me faster than I can run away; thus, the only way get past a boss is by toggling God Mode (unless he can be killed outdoors from a distance)
  2. Bandit Daedric Wisps are frustratingly overpowered; each of the six (or more) has 500+ hits points, can kill a Frost Atronach with one hit, can drain my character of hit points within seconds (even with 90% magic resistance), can teleport into rocks where they cannot be targeted (but can attack me); thus, the only way get past them is by toggling God Mode (unless they be killed outdoors from a distance)
  3. Killed Player Characters fall into the wounded position and controls are disabled; they cannot be taken out this disabled state and thus an old save must be reloaded
  4. Captives sometimes loose their hair (and become bald); the problem may be due to script lag
  5. Captives are wearing Arm Bandages (4F006) which do not show up in the captive NPC’s inventory and therefore cannot be removed (except by console commands)
  6. SBC v0.98g Patch 6 SSE prevents Skyrim AE 1.6.640 from saving a game’s “.skse” file; thus, all game saves appear as “corrupt”

Other than the issues above, I have not encountered any game-breaking issues with Skyrim AE 1.6.640.  Unlike others, I have not encountered any issues with starting the quest, viewing the MCM, or crashes.

11 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

I started a new game with Skyrim AE 1.6.640

Great feedback; thanks!

• The bosses and wisps were nerfed with patch 6, but perhaps they don't scale well with high level and are OP by your level 30.  Will examine that mechanic.
  • 11 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

can drain my character of hit points within seconds (even with 90% magic resistance)

We can dial that back a bit; still looking for the sweet spot.  The Wisp lightning currently bypasses all resistances as well.

can kill a Frost Atronach with one hit,

That's not a HP issue; it's designed like that.  Given the Wisps dual nature (Mundus & Oblivion), and originating from the other side, they have a powerful ability to banish summoned creatures.  Much like the mages that used to fire bomb bandit camps, only to realize they need to change their approach to not kill the Captives too, a different approach may be needed than that of a pure conjurer.  At the same time, the Wisps themselves should be vulnerable to banish spells -- though currently are not, but we'll look into that as well.

Captives sometimes lose their hair (and become bald); the problem may be due to script lag

Nothing about the Captive's appearance is scripted, but if you're already challenging the script engine with your mod load, and the base game uses the script engine to load characters (likely) upon a cell change, then you could be right.  No idea what to do about that though!

SBC v0.98g Patch 6 SSE prevents Skyrim AE 1.6.640 from saving a game’s “.skse” file; thus, all game saves appear as “corrupt”

Will examine.  Most of the build/test for SBC is done on LE (lowest common denominator) then converted using Cathedral Assets Optimizer.  Patch 6 has some Quest and ReferenceAlias restructure that's likely causing the save game issue.  Was your new game started with Patch 6 in place, or added after?

Thanks for your feedback.

Per the question above, my new Skyrim AE 1.6.640 game was not started with Patch 6.  Patch 6 was added after visiting the fifth (or so) camp.  And, because of issues, the patch was quickly removed.

A new problem just showed up:  I successfully played through about seven bandit camps.  When directed to Winterhold,  Malur Seloth says "Ah yes, let me see", but does not give me a camp location.  No location appears in the quest log.  Fortunately, when the next inn keeper directed me to Whiterun, the next bandit location (White River Watch) showed up.

Edited by Maidenslayer
6 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

Per the question above, my new Skyrim AE 1.6.640 game was not started with Patch 6.  Patch 6 was added after visiting the fifth (or so) camp.  And, because of issues, the patch was quickly removed.

And that's the issue.  Apparently due to the change in structure, Patch 6 requires a clean environment.  Users have reported no issues with that Patch if they did a clean install.

6 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

Fortunately, when the next inn keeper directed me to Whiterun, the next bandit location (White River Watch) showed up.

From the console, run: "StartQuest SBCRecovery" and see what it tells you.

If it's a Journal issue, that Winterhold camp should show up in the list this sequence generates -- that means the Captive really is there but not indicating in the Journal.  The likely culprit behind a lapse like this is script lag.

If it's not there, then something went wrong in the notification sending you to Winterhold in the first place, but that's not a lasting issue.

2 hours ago, Blackbird Wanderer said:

And that's the issue.  Apparently due to the change in structure, Patch 6 requires a clean environment.  Users have reported no issues with that Patch if they did a clean install.

From the console, run: "StartQuest SBCRecovery" and see what it tells you.

If it's a Journal issue, that Winterhold camp should show up in the list this sequence generates -- that means the Captive really is there but not indicating in the Journal.  The likely culprit behind a lapse like this is script lag.

If it's not there, then something went wrong in the notification sending you to Winterhold in the first place, but that's not a lasting issue.

Before speaking to Malor Seloth in Winterhold, StartQuest SBCRecovery shows this:

SEXY BANDIT CAPTIVES [Journal Entry]:  Seek information in Winterhold

Known Camp Locations:

0: ( )

1: ( )

2: ( )

9: ( )

Unknown Camp Locations:

0: Embershard Mine (2)

1: ( )

2: ( )

3: Frostmere Crypt(2)

4: Halted Stream Camp(3)

5: Riverside Camp(1)

6: Valtheim Towers(1)

7: Silent Moons Camp(3)

8: White River Watch(2)  <== Destination of the next sighting

9: Bannermist Tower()

While speaking to Malor Seloth, he replied "I hope that helped."   "Now stop trying to steal my reports..."

After speaking to Malor Seloth in Winterhold, StartQuest SBCRecovery showed the same information as above.  (There was no change.)

I do not believe my Winterhold problem is caused by script lag as I have restarted my game at that scene many times.  Every other location has worked up until now.  Additionally, I got the same result even after tagging SexyBanditCaptives.esp as a Late Loader within Vortex.

Can you explain in more detail what the list of Known and Unknown Camp Locations are supposed indicate?

Can you explain why there is a gap between zero and "3" (above)?

Can you explain the purpose of wearing or carrying the Ring of Uvani Attunement?  (The ring's description is vague and I forget whatever previous explanation was given.)

Finally, I strongly feel it is time to fold Patch 6 and whatever else was improved into a new release.  By the comments above, it sounds like many others are getting frustrated with this otherwise enjoyable mod.

1 hour ago, Maidenslayer said:

Can you explain in more detail what the list of Known and Unknown Camp Locations are supposed indicate?

Yes; the Known list contains those camps the Player has been informed of (via the Stewards, etc.) while the Unknown list contains those camps with Captives placed, but the Player has yet to receive the information.  What's important to realize is (unlike the vanilla kill-the-Bandit-leader Quests) the Captive really is there before the information is conveyed to the Player.  This allows the Player to stumble upon a camp with a Captive even if they've not been directed there.

Since none of the listed camps are in Winterhold, it seems the notification is in error but that's a less severe error than if it were listed but Malur Seloth didn't tell you anything.  He's been, for whatever reason, erroneously tagged as a Steward with information for the Player when he legitimately has none.  If memory serves, that tagging is done via a Faction Rank.

Can you explain why there is a gap between zero and "3" (above)?

Yes; it's a revolving list and new entries are placed in the first empty slot detected.  The order is irrelevant, but there will never be more than 10 active camps (with Captives) at any one time.  So the empty slots 1 and 2 either have not ever been populated, or they have been reset because the Player cleared that camp.

Finally, I strongly feel it is time to fold Patch 6 and whatever else was improved into a new release.

We'll agree on this point.  It does, however, take time and that's been a scarce resource amongst the team lately.  Thanks for your encouragement; we'll see about pushing a new version soon.

4 hours ago, randy1990 said:

now it works but how do i activate the pahe slot in the mcm i have pahe aygas hsh and dom

It's a known problem with an unknown cause that manifests for some users.  The latest patch runs an alternate detection sequence that may help.  If that still doesn't work, it's not a big deal.  All that detection did was use a single Faction to prevent a mod-to-mod interaction that was not desired.

Captive Bosses and Wisps are still impossible to kill without exploits or God Mode.

Per your instructions above, I started a new game with Skyrim AE 1.6.640 with Sexy Bandit Captives v0.98g SSE and SBC v0.98g Patch 6 SSE.  I played the first quest without any followers to see how a normal, low-level character would fare.

My level-19 mage-like character had 210 health, 240 points of armor, and an over-powered great sword that did 45 points of damage (without damage bonus).

Your SBC's generated level-5 boss had ~800 health and an over-powered, super-fast dagger that did ~100 points of damage per hit.  And, he could heal himself if I ran away!

I was killed in two hits at the Master game setting and four hits at the Adept setting.

Additionally, five or six generated wisps that simultaneously attacked me each had 450 health and could drain me in five seconds.

I submit it is not possible for a low-level, normally-equipped adventurer to defeat your generated enemies without cheats, exploits, or God Mode.  Your Bosses and Wisps are still insanely over-powered -- even with Patch 6.

That said, I'm happy to report that SBC has functioned well with Skyrim AE 1.6.640.  I shall continue to play through your mod and report any issues.

On 4/27/2023 at 9:25 PM, Blackbird Wanderer said:

There was a Debug line still active.  Easily corrected; try substituting this in your \Scripts folder:

SBCS085.pex 1.54 kB · 12 downloads

I know this is a bad question from a dev point of view since I'm asking about an obsolete version, but since I simply cannot update without starting a name game (and that is not an option) I was wondering if you could tell me if this is okay to copy over the patch 5 file.

I had forgot how irritating this issue was. I THINK I remember copying this over the patch 5 stuff but after the recent corrupt save shenanigans I would rather check and be sure.

On 7/12/2023 at 12:54 PM, Maidenslayer said:

Can you explain the purpose of wearing or carrying the Ring of Uvani Attunement?  (The ring's description is vague and I forget whatever previous explanation was given.)

Sorry, overlooked this answer.  When it was given to you, Dris said, "Ye need no wear it, just hav it wi'ye."  However, carrying it allows him to attune to you if you're pulled into the void again and possibly aid you.  That part of the mod is still under development.

I encountered new problems after starting a new Skyrim AE 1.1.640 game with Sexy Bandit Captives v0.98g SSE with Patch 6:

1.  Quest entry "Sexy Bandit Captives" (SBCID) mysteriously vanished from my quest log even though it shows Stages zero and 10 set with Stages 20 and 25 not set
  2.  Command startquest sbcrecovery mysteriously stopped displaying the usual list of camps; sqs sbcrecovery shows stage zero as set; executing resetquest sbcrecovery -- which cleared stage zero -- did have any effect; startquest sbcrecovery does not display anything

The above situation happened sometime after clearing my third bandit camp.

Please let me know what I could execute to get SBCID and SBCRECOVERY into a working state.  I could reload an old save where everything was working but would loose about three hours of game play time.

Edited by Maidenslayer
3 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

I encountered new problems after starting a new Skyrim AE 1.1.640 game with Sexy Bandit Captives v0.98g SSE with Patch 6:

1.  Quest entry "Sexy Bandit Captives" (SBCID) mysteriously vanished from my quest log even though it shows Stages zero and 10 set with Stages 20 and 25 not set
  2.  Command startquest sbcrecovery mysteriously stopped displaying the usual list of camps; sqs sbcrecovery shows stage zero as set; executing resetquest sbcrecovery -- which cleared stage zero -- did have any effect; startquest sbcrecovery does not display anything

The above situation happened sometime after clearing my third bandit camp.

Please let me know what I could execute to get SBCID and SBCRECOVERY into a working state.  I could reload an old save where everything was working but would loose about three hours of game play time.

Try this.

Quest Journal Limit Bug Fixer - Recover Disappeared Quests

16 hours ago, Maidenslayer said:

SBCRECOVERY into a working state

This Quest normally stops itself, but if it hasn't for whatever reason, try:

• StopQuest SBCRecovery
  • StartQuest SBCRecovery

As for SBCID, try @shardoom's suggestion.  This type of bug has never been reported regarding SBC so it may be unique to your setup.  There's absolutely nothing exotic about the Quest log entries from SBC.  They're pretty basic.

Having two Quests fail simultaneously smells of something else afoot with your loadout.

Apologies; ignore my reported bugs above per vanishing quest entries.  I could not reproduce the problem (and your suggested commands did not restore the quests).

I hope you're making progress on the next SBC update as I have two relatively minor (but annoying) glitches to report:

1. Quest entry "Look for information among the bandit leaders" for a bandit in Four Skulls Lookout but cannot be satisfied.  A quest marker appears above a Bandit Marauder (15a58) and will not go away as the bandit has nothing in his inventory that pertains to SBC
  2. Freed captives jump onto my horse -- one captured per Creation Club's Wild Horses -- and will not dismount.  I have to use moveto player console commands to pull the captive off my horse and into a city so I can ride my own horse.

The first problem has occurred twice on a new game started with Skyrim AE 1.1.640, Sexy Bandit Captives v0.98g SSE, and SBC v0.98g Patch 6 SSE.  Note that Four Skulls Lookout is the starting location for Skyrim AE's "The Pilgrims Path" quest.  Consequently, the bandits there might be different than other bandits.

The second problem is easily repeatable.  Newly-freed captives will mount my horse if they can run to it faster than me.

Edited by Maidenslayer
5 hours ago, Litinz said:

Looking in xEdit, In the Magic effects section, The Cure disease effect is being overwritten by CACO, is that a big deal? Will it break the mod?

Should be no effect unless you're using the Lingering Infusion feature.  If you are, then shrines probably won't cure it.

• 3 weeks later...

After a long time coming back to this mod but still can't get it to work properly. I get the message when starting a new game and the mcm menu register is generated but the notes don't appear naturally I have to spawn one myself that works and one spawns. The next problem is that the quest won't start after reading the note, any help would be appreciated because I really like how the mod sounds.

11 minutes ago, Boret92 said:

After a long time coming back to this mod but still can't get it to work properly. I get the message when starting a new game and the mcm menu register is generated but the notes don't appear naturally I have to spawn one myself that works and one spawns. The next problem is that the quest won't start after reading the note, any help would be appreciated because I really like how the mod sounds.

Difficult to help without being able to troubleshoot directly on your setup.  LE, SE or AE?  Using the latest version + patch 6?  The mod runs fine for most users; typical problems have been most often in the setup environment.

Since your notes don't appear for whatever reason, make sure you're reading them in the cell where that note would be had it appeared.  After that check, there's a very busy setup script at the beginning right after you read a note.  If that's not completing and the Quest doesn't start, you likely have an overly burdened script environment and SBC does not react well to that.

The best diagnostic you could ultimately do would be to set up a test game (hopefully you're running a mod organizer to enable this easily) with only the bare minimum dependencies for SBC.